gims import problem

3 replies to this topic
d3jan
  • d3jan

Prime

• Members
  • Macedonia

Posted 05 July 2012 - 07:32 PM

hi, when i import costum made charecter model into 3ds max with gims i've got this error
user posted image
if i import gta 4 original model it works fine, pls if anyone knows how to fix it plss tel me biggrin.gif

aacclapd
  • aacclapd

Map Modder

• Members

Posted 05 July 2012 - 09:25 PM Edited by aacclapd, 05 July 2012 - 09:39 PM.

i guess that you had a fail in the custom made model in the exporting time. are you sure the models (all of them,objects,not dummies) have skin modifier? if they dont have skin modifier at the exporting time it is your fail. GIMS dont review the modifiers (only if its a box ,cilinder,plane....)it only exports editable mesh and editable poly.(and skin)
here is what you have to do.
1.import the original model again (inside your modded model scene)
2.copy the original object's modifier(should be "skin")and paste it to the modded one
3.delete the original model and all the stuff it contains and export again.

anyway, how does the model walk in game? did you make a test? or your game didnt even started?

it should be all right but if you have any problem just let us know. icon14.gif

d3jan
  • d3jan

Prime

• Members
  • Macedonia

Posted 05 July 2012 - 10:34 PM Edited by d3jan, 05 July 2012 - 10:37 PM.

QUOTE (aacclapd @ Thursday, Jul 5 2012, 23:25)
i guess that you had a fail in the custom made model in the exporting time. are you sure the models (all of them,objects,not dummies) have skin modifier? if they dont have skin modifier at the exporting time it is your fail. GIMS dont review the modifiers (only if its a box ,cilinder,plane....)it only exports editable mesh and editable poly.(and skin)
here is what you have to do.
1.import the original model again (inside your modded model scene)
2.copy the original object's modifier(should be "skin")and paste it to the modded one
3.delete the original model and all the stuff it contains and export again.

anyway, how does the model walk in game? did you make a test? or your game didnt even started?

it should be all right but if you have any problem just let us know. icon14.gif

the model is not mine, it's T.A.'s model, some guy rigged it for him for gta 4... anyway he asked me to rigg some models for him for gta 4, and i want to use bones from the model that guy rigged it, becouse i've got this bug when i use niko's bones
user posted image
the shirt is longer than niko's shirt and it's darker where that "longer" starts, as you can see in the picture. this bug appears with niko's bones, but i guess if i use the bones from the model that guy rigged the bug it wouldn't appear.
btw the objects doesn't have skin modifiers. if i copy the object modifier(skin) the bones will be from the model that i copied not from the model that don't have the object modifier(skin), i need the bones from the model that don't have that object modifier(skin)

aacclapd
  • aacclapd

Map Modder

• Members

Posted 05 July 2012 - 10:41 PM

yes its more difficult to replace a model that is in some way bigger than niko.i've never tried so i cant help you in that. i hope you get it working. icon14.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users