NBA Basketball

1,398 replies to this topic
gta_player5
  • gta_player5

Mayonnaise colored Benz, I push Miracle Whips

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

Currently, at halftime, the score of the Mavs vs 76ers game is 73-29. Let that soak in.

The 76ers lost to the Clippers during their 26-game losing streak last season by 45 points. This was the score about midway through the second quarter.

qQIPihh.jpg

The final score was 123 to 78 in favor of the Clippers, needless to say. This 76ers team is beyond bad and yet they are (were?) shopping Michael Carter-Williams, the reigning rookie of the year, and seeking draft pick compensation. Now, maybe I'm a little f*cked up, but MCW just won the rookie of the year award and you're seeking future draft picks for him? He has only been in the league for one season, played well on a young team and the Sixers had seven -- SEVEN --- draft picks in the 2014 NBA Draft, but they're trying to trade him. It seems like they're trying to tank each and every season right now instead of building a team and putting some veterans around these young players.

Shenmue18
  • Shenmue18

GTAF's #1 Trevor hater.

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted A week ago

Mavs end up winning by 53 points, the biggest blowout in franchise history. I know the 76ers are bad, but losing 123-70 is embarrassing no matter how awful your team is.

• N4TE likes this

N4TE
  • N4TE

Cold Blooded

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

The Kings sure know how to blow huge leads. To think they'd be going 7-2 if they didn't choke. They're young, they'll get it eventually.

SirMichaelRocks23
  • SirMichaelRocks23

The Filipino stuck in a cold region. :/

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago Edited by SirMichaelRocks23, A week ago.

Rose is down again. Hamstring injury. The comments he made were bad enough, but now that? A lot of people are going to hate him.

El_Diablo
  • El_Diablo

"The_Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted A week ago

D Rose going down would be the next great meme if it weren't so sad.

SirMichaelRocks23
  • SirMichaelRocks23

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago Edited by SirMichaelRocks23, A week ago.

Right now in First Take, Stephen A and Skip Bayless are giving no mercy. You hear the pregame talks on TNT last night? Barkley and Shaq went off about Rose for his comments, saying that their injury-induced limps were worth it because of their success and the opportunity of playing in the NBA, even going as far to call him soft.

A "Rose Down" meme wouldn't even surprise me. The media isn't going to show mercy this time now, especially after his "after the NBA" life comments. Those got blown out of proportion I know, but no young player should ever say something like that.. Yeah, he had a torn ACL, the bane of all sports injuries, but guys can bounce back from that injury and be successful. For someone like Paul George, their injuries are also recoverable, but seem to be a bit more mentally demoralizing now that he got a metal rod in his leg. It'll be a long time before we see him again, but it could take him a while to get comfortable again. I hope he can be explosive again because he's a fun player to watch.
  • El_Diablo likes this

Reemer
  • Reemer

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Canada

Posted A week ago

Raptors had such an awful 3rd quarter :(

GTA3Rockstar
  • GTA3Rockstar

--------------------

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

Currently, at halftime, the score of the Mavs vs 76ers game is 73-29. Let that soak in.

Lol damn. I thought the 84-50 halftime during the Nugs Blazers game was bad.

Speaking of the Nuggets, they are f*cking terrible. They've been giving up 50 60 70 80 point first halves!

El_Diablo
  • El_Diablo

"The_Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted A week ago

Kobe Bryant is officially pissed off :lol:

"I don't know if I can express to you how jealous I am of the fact that Tim, Tony Manu and Pop have all been together for all those years. Not all this up-and-down stuff."

http://espn.go.com/l...n-antonio-spurs

this man is going down with the ship.

I wanted him to retire last year...

• SirMichaelRocks23 likes this

MLGTA
  • MLGTA

Espionage

• Members

Posted A week ago

Got a little scared there yesterday with the rockets. The score should not have been that close. They got lucky.

Kobe needs to leave the lakers. f*ck all that loyalty sh*t when clearly its not leading to anything.

gta_player5
  • gta_player5

Mayonnaise colored Benz, I push Miracle Whips

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

Kobe didn't want to leave the money that only the Lakers could (and did) offer him. In the end, he is the highest paid player in the NBA on a team of scrapheap players. No one is lining up to play for the Lakers anymore and I don't see it happening in the foreseeable future. The Lakers had the money to sign a maximum contract this offseason and had to settle for Jeremy Lin (via trade with the Rockets... at least they got a 1st-round pick with him) and Carlos Boozer, who was amnestied by the Bulls.

Kobe is definitely a top ten or top five player of all time, but it's not 2006 anymore and he's coming off of two major injuries. From financial and players' rights standpoints, he did the best thing, but he complains about the lack of winning. From a winning championships standpoint, I think he could have taken less money in the contract extension and left the Lakers in a better position to attract players through free agency.

Zello
  • Zello

Hired Gun

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 days ago Edited by Zello, 4 days ago.

Can't believe it's been 10 years since this

• El_Diablo likes this

MLGTA
  • MLGTA

Espionage

• Members

Posted 4 days ago

Great games yesterday. Surprised cleavlend lasted that long against spurs. Liked the video tribute to Carter but I think they should retire his jersy.

Twilight Sky
  • Twilight Sky

Driftin' at the apex, sliding into 1rst.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 days ago

Can't believe it's been 10 years since this

Sore losers and attention whores are always up in arms.

SirMichaelRocks23
  • SirMichaelRocks23

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 days ago

Heat are getting spanked right now. I'm hyped to see that Blazers-Bulls game tomorrow! Shame Gasol and Rose are out...

GTA3Rockstar
  • GTA3Rockstar

--------------------

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 2 days ago

[...] Rose are out...

What's new?? lol

N4TE
  • N4TE

Cold Blooded

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A day ago

Bennett had 20 pts for the Twolves last night, now he's off to a 6 point start in the first quarter. I hope he can keep this up, I was really disappointed to see how he performed in his rookie season. He's shown flashes of his potential though, I hope he can shed this bust label. I hope Wiggins turns out to be a superstar too, I was really excited to draft him and see him play alongside Kyrie, Dion, and Thompson.

dreadluxx
  • dreadluxx

Ill do it for Mother Russia

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 17 hours ago

too bad the nba is sissified now.  its not like 20 years ago.. now if you look at a MF the wrong way you get a flagrant 1 and 25,000$ fine.  People like to see confrontations! pretty sure thats the only reason people watch hockey ;)

N4TE
  • N4TE

Cold Blooded

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 hours ago

too bad the nba is sissified now.  its not like 20 years ago.. now if you look at a MF the wrong way you get a flagrant 1 and 25,000$ fine.  People like to see confrontations! pretty sure thats the only reason people watch hockey ;)

Every sport's like that nowadays.. except for hockey lol

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users