Photo

NBA Basketball

1,304 replies to this topic
Funktipus
  • Funktipus

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 09 June 2014 - 09:35 PM

It's official Derek Fisher is the Knicks new head coach. I think we're going to see a lot of these player to head coach transitions, especially if Fisher and the Knicks clinch a playoff birth.

Not with that roster.

trynee
  • trynee

Boss Moves

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 June 2014 - 02:14 PM Edited by trynee, 10 June 2014 - 02:16 PM.

Looks like Wade's not even gonna be fined for all that obvious flopping he did last night. No fine, no warning, nothing.

Yeah, the NBA doesn't favor the Miami Heat at all.

He was finally fined, but 5k is pocket change. I think both of these teams which have well known floppers should be punished more often.

GTA3Rockstar
  • GTA3Rockstar

--------------------

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 10 June 2014 - 03:03 PM

Was just reminded of the Mission Althetecare cooling towels that are on tv. 

mission-enduracool-instant-cooling-towel

http://www.missionat...ections/cooling

I'm surprised he didn't offer his up to LeBron the other day lols

• MLGTA likes this

MLGTA
  • MLGTA

Espionage

• Members

Posted 11 June 2014 - 01:41 AM

Lol^^^^^

Spurs off to a hot start. Hope they keep it going.

CrazyRay
  • CrazyRay

8" Member

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 June 2014 - 01:46 AM Edited by CrazyRay, 11 June 2014 - 01:49 AM.

Actually, I'm not surprised at all the silly Lebron hate from clueless fans and media types...

Right, WE are the clueless ones, not the player and the team that the NBA shouldn't be...all the bullsh*t has turned off so many fans, tons of people who used to watch in the late 80s and 90s can't stand the current NBA...yeah, it's so "silly" to not like an overhyped baby who sold out his home town, and HAD to have a special press conference to announce where he was taking his "talents", acts like a child on the court when things even slightly don't go his way, I could go on and on...

Wow, look at the Heat...that game 1 loss sure lit that fire under them to come out today and dominate the Spurs...oh, wait...

Oh ya and who won?

I'm not a big fan of the nba but its funny to read what you write. Keep it up :^:
2 points, you boys were calling for a domination, 2 points would not be a dominant win...oh, and all it did was TIE the series...

...speaking of domination, I hope you just watched the 1st quarter of game 3

GTA3Rockstar
  • GTA3Rockstar

--------------------

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 11 June 2014 - 01:54 AM

Wow, look at the Heat...that game 1 loss sure lit that fire under them to come out today and dominate the Spurs...oh, wait...

Oh ya and who won?

I'm not a big fan of the nba but its funny to read what you write. Keep it up :^:
2 points, you boys were calling for a domination, 2 points would not be a dominant win...oh, and all it did was TIE the series...

...speaking of domination, I hope you just watched the 1st quarter of game 3

I didn't say anything other than I enjoy reading what you write. I couldn't care less what LeBron does; as I said before, I'm not even a big fan of the NBA. Of course I'd like to see my Nuggets win but they're sh*tty.

And no, I'm not watching it right now.

CrazyRay
  • CrazyRay

8" Member

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 June 2014 - 02:07 AM Edited by CrazyRay, 11 June 2014 - 02:09 AM.

Ah, I see...it's hard telling the real fans from the Heat fans sometimes...

...it was 55-30 about 4 minutes into the 2nd quarter

ARCTICvnc
  • ARCTICvnc

Veritas

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 June 2014 - 02:20 AM

Some of the best basketball I've ever seen.

Where Amazing Happens....

MLGTA
  • MLGTA

Espionage

• Members

Posted 11 June 2014 - 03:46 AM

Well game over spurs got off to a hot start and I think Miami wasn't expecting it. I expect Miami to win the next game then spurs to win game 5 and 6.

Funktipus
  • Funktipus

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 11 June 2014 - 03:10 PM

So many defensive breakdowns for Miami. I've never seen an offensive clinic like that in the playoffs, even from the Showtime Lakers.

Game 4 is a must-win for the Heat. If they go down 3-1, Spurs will smell blood.

Off Topic: Anyone see the 1984 Draft special on NBA-TV? Actually, that was the only draft I attended.

DOOM!
  • DOOM!

yessir

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 11 June 2014 - 05:02 PM Edited by DOOM!, 11 June 2014 - 05:12 PM.

Ah, I see...it's hard telling the real fans from the Heat fans sometimes...

...it was 55-30 about 4 minutes into the 2nd quarter

You're a hater.. I personally like how you show up when Miami is losing (you give us a quarter to quarter score checks to let us know they are losing) or loses, but you sure the f*ck wasn't around after game 2. It doesn't matter if he was over-hyped, if he is a baby or if he sold his home town out, you blatantly hate him and can't even admit he is the best basketball player on the planet... which shows me how knowledgable you are about the NBA. You, in my humble opinion, don't know sh*t about basketball and have some sort of personalvendetta against James, I guess it's normal to hate greatness. All I've seen you post in here is blasting LeBron.

I woke up for work and seen the headline 'Spurs steamroll Heat' so I haven't even bothered looking at the box score.

Funk, lucky, isn't that regarded as one of the best draft classes ever? Besides having the GOAT in that draft.
  • Funktipus, Josh and Shou like this

The_Herb
  • The_Herb

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 June 2014 - 01:59 PM

I was going to post something about the finals, then I saw something crazy Ray posted about Durant being better than LeBron, so I figured this would just turn into an argument.

BTW, not even close to a heat fan, I'm a Sixers fan. And I hate LeBron. But right now he's the best player in the world no questions asked, whether they win the finals this year or not. He'll get at least two more guaranteed

Funktipus
  • Funktipus

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 12 June 2014 - 02:03 PM

The Big Four in Miami? I could see this happening if Carmelo is willing to take that pay cut. He said he wants to win - that leaves out the Knicks.

http://bleacherrepor...carmelo-anthony

CrazyRay
  • CrazyRay

8" Member

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 June 2014 - 03:18 PM Edited by CrazyRay, 12 June 2014 - 03:36 PM.

You're a hater..

Oooooh, the old "hater" reply...I wasn't aware that you're supposed to gush over and blindly worship everyone lest be labeled a "hater"...oh the humanity!!
So, I'f I'm a "hater" then you must be a "lover"...

I personally like how you show up when Miami is losing (you give us a quarter to quarter score checks to let us know they are losing) or loses,

Right, because I did that once, and because the guy I was talking to (not you) didn't know what was going on in the game...I made one post about it, AND it was only half of that post...
Yet if it was the Heat shooting that well in the first half and with that many points, we'd never hear the f*cking end of it...

but you sure the f*ck wasn't around after game 2.

Yeah, that "huge" win by 2 points fueled by the "Heating Up" that people claim the Heat do after a loss...but anyways, yeah, let me apologize for not immediately running to this subforum to post after the game, I wasn't aware that I HAD to post after every game to make myself look cool...I will try to be a better poster...sorry, boss...

It doesn't matter if he was over-hyped, if he is a baby or if he sold his home town out, you blatantly hate him and can't even admit he is the best basketball player on the planet... which shows me how knowledgable you are about the NBA. You, in my humble opinion, don't know sh*t about basketball and have some sort of personalvendetta against James, I guess it's normal to hate greatness. All I've seen you post in here is blasting LeBron.

Do you know what's funny? Going back to page 1 of this thread and seeing you talk about the Thunder...now 2 years later, YOU are getting offended by someone that doesn't like LeBron James FOR A REASON!

Why do you get so worked up about someone that doesn't like LeBron? Are you in love with him or something?
You can SAY that he's the best player on the planet, but he's not...completely choking in the 2011 finals, his constant flopping, his many failures in the clutch, his childish mentality and whining that clearly shows that he's not a mature leader of a teeam, etc.

That's NOT what the best player on the planet would do...the best player on the planet may have never even picked up a basketball in his life...7.2 billion people on this planet and you believe, without question, that HE must be the best because he's the one hyped in front of your face...kinda like how someone believes that their God/religion is the right one only because it's the one that they believe in

I mean, wow, the guy can score some points and get a rebound...interestingly though, nobody was calling Karl Malone, Shawn Kemp, Dominique Wilkins, Kevin Garnett, Dirk Nowitzki, Charles Barkley, etc. the "best player on the planet" 10-20-30 years ago because they could score and grab a missed shot...
...but when LeBron does something, it's "OMG!!1!! DID YOU SEE THAT? DID YOU SEE WHAT LEBRON JUST DID?"...and I say that yes, I have, years before when someone else did it...

So why are you so offended that everyone doesn't have their tongue up LeBron's ass? You take an insult towards LeBron as, like, a personal insult at you...why is that? That's very odd

I woke up for work and seen the headline 'Spurs steamroll Heat' so I haven't even bothered looking at the box score.

Afraid to look at it, huh? Because you couldn't have turned on SportsCenter while getting ready for work, turned on the radio on the way to work, or at any point used your cell phone/etc. to see the scores...

Game 1: Spurs win by 15 (The players get hot from no A/C and WahBron haz cwamps)
Game 2: Heat win by 2 (San Antonio misses game-changing free-throws at the end of the game)
Game 3: Spurs win by 19 (Spurs break the 1st half shooting % record)

...and even if the Heat get "fired up" and win tonight, maybe by 3 or something if they don't get their asses kicked again...all it does is TIE the series and send it back to San Antonio, who have the home-court advantage if this series goes 7 games

Here's some reading for you...do you read? http://espn.go.com/n...=espnapi_public

...and I even hate Skip Bayless

CrazyRay
  • CrazyRay

8" Member

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 June 2014 - 03:33 PM

The Big Four in Miami? I could see this happening if Carmelo is willing to take that pay cut. He said he wants to win - that leaves out the Knicks.

http://bleacherrepor...carmelo-anthony

-Edited to fix your annoying size, font, & color change

That just proves that the Heat HAVE to buy their championships, the cohesion and chemistry is already bad enough in Miami, if the "Big 3" actually opt out and take pay cuts to sign Cancer-melo Anthony to their team, then they are definitely 3 of the dumbest mother-f*ckers in league history...any money they have is better spent on a real starting PF/C or PG

DOOM!
  • DOOM!

yessir

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 12 June 2014 - 05:12 PM Edited by DOOM!, 12 June 2014 - 05:43 PM.

You're a hater because your hate f*cks with your judgement. I don't care if you dislike LeBron for whatever reason, but you sound f*cking retarded when on the subject about him. I hate the Spurs, but I'm not dumb enough to say the Heat have been the better team the past two finals, because they aren't... but the Heat does have the best player in the world, which is why they have won back to back titles and on the brink of a 3-peat.

I've said countless times that I was a LeBron fan way before the thought of OKC having any professional team. I didn't want to check the box score because the headline said "spurs steamroll heat", that says enough for me not to bother with box scores quite frankly..

"mean, wow, the guy can score some points and get a rebound.."

You have your opinions, but you clearly have no f*cking clue what you're talking about. If you can't admit, and I've heard LeBron haters even admit it, that he is the best player on the planet, then you know nothing about the sport. You bring up the 2011 Finals, which I guess the two past Finals just fly over your head... The Heat have won the past two finals by the way. LeBron isn't clutch like a MJ, Kobe or Robert Horry, but saying he isn't clutch at all proves again you know nothing and didn't even watch past years finals.

And comparing LeBron to Barkley, KG and Malone isn't fair. He is far more athletic than any of those players and not to mention he has more rings than all of them combined.

LeBron James is my favorite player, if you talk out of your ass about him (CrazyRay) then I'm going to respond with passion.

Every team, however you look at it, buys championships. No one plays for free and every team has free agents. Boston Celtics started this Big 3 trend and it works, you win a championship(s) if you do it right. Not every team can draft to win titles, very, very few can... but using the weak argument that the 'Heat' bought championships sounds like something a sore loser would say. They still have to make the playoffs, get to the finals and win.

And Skip Bayless... lol.

El_Diablo
  • El_Diablo

"The_Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted 12 June 2014 - 06:42 PM Edited by El_Diablo, 12 June 2014 - 06:42 PM.

guys, I don't think this argument is worth having in the middle of this topic.

CrazyRay is trolling and/or ignorant.

either way, don't feed him.

should be an exciting game tonight.

Miami needs to treat it like game 7 or it's over.

• Funktipus likes this

DOOM!
  • DOOM!

yessir

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 12 June 2014 - 07:14 PM Edited by DOOM!, 12 June 2014 - 07:14 PM.

If San Antonio plays like they have been, this series won't last much longer. Spurs are playing on a level thats outta this stratosphere. Even with 20+ turnovers in Game 1, they played exceptionally well. Miami needs to get Bosh involved, its insane how well he has played this series to just almost completely take him out of the gameplan it seems.

Miami has a knack for winning after losing, we'll see if it continues.
  • Funktipus likes this

RARusk
  • RARusk

The Man With No Avatar

• Members

Posted 13 June 2014 - 12:36 AM

Josh
  • Josh

I wasn't born so much as I fell out

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 13 June 2014 - 02:06 AM

I could watch Manu Ginobili pass all day...

MLGTA
  • MLGTA

Espionage

• Members

Posted 13 June 2014 - 02:13 AM Edited by MLGTA, 13 June 2014 - 03:56 AM.

Absolutely picking Miami apart. Love what I'm seeing.

Well game over. In an absolute shocking win. Everyone and Thier mother thought Miami would win but even if they were to lose I didn't expect another clinic. This series is over spurs will win in either game 5 or 6. There is no way Miami is comming back from this. Maybe against another team but not this spurs team. I'll hold off the celebration until they actually do but yea it's over.

Now as far as this carmelo thing goes I hope I doesn't happen. I'd rather see melo on Chicago, Huston, or if it could happen at boston with potentially love and rondo. I understand that you need good teammates and practically every team "buys championships" but where in the hell would the competition be if all these all stars decided to join forces. Especially in this case with Miami which they already have lebron (maybe Ray Allen) wade and bosh. I think it also hurts some of the players legacies if all their champions were pretty much handed to them.

I<3GTAV
  • I<3GTAV

I LOVE GARY PAYTON NO ONE UNDERSTANDS

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 June 2014 - 06:29 AM

The Spurs are... oh my god the passing is so beautiful. To Ginobili, to Mills, to Parker, back to Mills, and to Diaw with the absolute slam. They deserve the championship, Miami didn't come prepared.

Dan Cooper
  • Dan Cooper

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 June 2014 - 10:07 AM

I'm really happy for the Spurs. Nobody deserves the championship more than they do this year so I'm glad they're stepping up and taking it. It'll be nice to see Parker, Duncan and Manu (and Pop) end their run with another championship.

Next year will be interesting.

ShaolinMaster
  • ShaolinMaster

Rat

• Members

Posted 13 June 2014 - 10:34 AM

Such a fluid offense by this Spurs team. Their chemistry is fantastic. Good rotations on the defensive end. Astounding production by the bench. Diaw is simply amazing, Leonard has bounced back from the mediocre performances in the first 2 games and now plays phenomenal, Duncan is shattering records (minutes played in playoffs, most double - doubles). Gregg Popovich has done a truly amazing job with this team (not that anyone would expect anything less from him). 

On the other hand, you can clearly see how much the Heat are dependent on James. They can't seem to produce anything on the offensive end without James' involvement. Their defense is full of cracks and the Spurs are great in exploiting that with their perimeter passing. Miami in general looks deflated and somewhat unmotivated after 4 games. Bosh is playing well, but the Heat will need more from him in order to win. Chalmers has played sub-par so far, Wade hasn't been on his superstar level (3-13 shooting), Allen is playing great considering his age (38), Lewis has had a few decent games offensively, but he's having troubles guarding players on the opposite end. No one outside the 'Big Three', except Allen, has shown much in these Finals. In Game 5, Spoelstra might want to try different rotations, since it is obvious that he isn't getting much from his bench right now. He could go with Jones as he is a great 3pt shooter (NBA Three-Point Shootout champion in 2011) and has managed to score 11 points in less than 3 minutes in Game 4. Also, maybe he could get something out of Haslem, since Battier is obviously done and Oden is nowhere to be seen. 

Tl;dr: If other players do not step up and help James, it does not look good for the Heat and I don't think they have any chance of beating the Spurs in San Antonio. 

• Funktipus likes this

GTA3Rockstar
  • GTA3Rockstar

--------------------

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 13 June 2014 - 11:24 AM

Lot of people saw the Spurs winning but highly unlikely they thought they'd be killing the Heat by 20 in their house two straight games.

DOOM!
  • DOOM!

yessir

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 13 June 2014 - 04:50 PM Edited by DOOM!, 13 June 2014 - 04:51 PM.

No kidding, Spurs are looking completely dominant on both ends of the court and coaching. I really hope Pop and Duncan retire after this, they've been ruling the league for better part of a decade now. I hate them, but it'd be nice seeing them go out on top like they deserve.... scary part is they could probably do this again next year if they wanted, especially with the emergence of Leonard.

Look at us all babbling like this series is over. Wouldn't it be great TV if Miami can somehow manage to win two games?

Shou
  • Shou

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Best Signature 2013
    Best Signature 2012

Posted 13 June 2014 - 06:35 PM

So happy for GDP, Ginobli and Parker should get their 4th and Duncan his 5th.

I'm trying not to get too excited, if the Heat win the next two games they're gonna win game 7 as well because the Spurs would have so much pressure on them. But hopefully it doesn't even come to that. 

El_Diablo
  • El_Diablo

"The_Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted 13 June 2014 - 06:40 PM

the series was finished by halftime last night.

Miami is too comfortable and satisfied.

they're already happy with getting paid and being back2back champs. they're comfortable, they don't want it as much as SA does.

it's over.

• Ari Gold likes this

Funktipus
  • Funktipus

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 13 June 2014 - 09:22 PM

Such a fluid offense by this Spurs team. Their chemistry is fantastic. Good rotations on the defensive end. Astounding production by the bench. Diaw is simply amazing, Leonard has bounced back from the mediocre performances in the first 2 games and now plays phenomenal, Duncan is shattering records (minutes played in playoffs, most double - doubles). Gregg Popovich has done a truly amazing job with this team (not that anyone would expect anything less from him). 

On the other hand, you can clearly see how much the Heat are dependent on James. They can't seem to produce anything on the offensive end without James' involvement. Their defense is full of cracks and the Spurs are great in exploiting that with their perimeter passing. Miami in general looks deflated and somewhat unmotivated after 4 games. Bosh is playing well, but the Heat will need more from him in order to win. Chalmers has played sub-par so far, Wade hasn't been on his superstar level (3-13 shooting), Allen is playing great considering his age (38), Lewis has had a few decent games offensively, but he's having troubles guarding players on the opposite end. No one outside the 'Big Three', except Allen, has shown much in these Finals. In Game 5, Spoelstra might want to try different rotations, since it is obvious that he isn't getting much from his bench right now. He could go with Jones as he is a great 3pt shooter (NBA Three-Point Shootout champion in 2011) and has managed to score 11 points in less than 3 minutes in Game 4. Also, maybe he could get something out of Haslem, since Battier is obviously done and Oden is nowhere to be seen. 

Tl;dr: If other players do not step up and help James, it does not look good for the Heat and I don't think they have any chance of beating the Spurs in San Antonio. 

Spurs remind me of my Knicks back in their 70s heyday - a well-oiled machine. LeBron must feel like he's back in Cleveland....his guys aren't stepping up.

As for the Heat, they definitely have to retool and I think Pat Riley knows that. They need a legit PG (Chalmers played his way out of South Beach lol), a reliable scorer to play alongside James, size up front and a quality bench.

• DOOM! likes this

DOOM!
  • DOOM!

yessir

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 14 June 2014 - 12:20 PM

They all need to opt out and take less money, if not, they'll struggle to make the playoffs next year.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users