NBA Basketball

1,878 replies to this topic
RARusk
  • RARusk

The Man With No Avatar

• Members

Posted 10 May 2014 - 12:53 AM

10154221_540633519386466_677511293144863

Looks like the Spurs got themselves a new mascot.....

Funktipus
  • Funktipus

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 10 May 2014 - 08:53 PM

Talk about a dude not living up to his contract, what's up with D-Will? Brooklyn wasn't going to beat Miami, but I thought they win at least two games. They'll get swept if Williams continues to stink it up.

GTA3Rockstar
  • GTA3Rockstar

--------------------

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 11 May 2014 - 06:03 AM

Talk about a dude not living up to his contract, what's up with D-Will? Brooklyn wasn't going to beat Miami, but I thought they win at least two games. They'll get swept if Williams continues to stink it up.

They did beat the Heat 4-0 in the regular season and won tonight, so maybe they can put together a series instead of a downer. Even though I see the Heat winning it all, again

Bartleby
  • Bartleby

Known in the NW Territories as "The Sneak"

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 11 May 2014 - 08:52 PM Edited by Bartleby, 11 May 2014 - 08:53 PM.

They did beat the Heat 4-0 in the regular season and won tonight, so maybe they can put together a series instead of a downer. Even though I see the Heat winning it all, again

Considering how the Heat basically sleptwalked through most of the season, I doubt Brooklyn can handle their extra gear. I've been thinking Heat in 6, and that's optimistic for the Nets.

Sidenote, I don't have the luxury of watching many games these days due to time zone conflicts, yet I can tell when Bill Simmons is talking on the halftime show without even looking up because he always sounds like a spaced-out stoner asking if there are any Doritos left.

Orange Juice
  • Orange Juice

Square Civilian

• The Connection
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 May 2014 - 11:39 PM

Simmons is a bit grating after a while. I enjoy some of his writing, and his Book of Basketball is good too, but there's only so many far fetched trade ideas I can handle. Him and Jalen are pretty good together. You're in the UK, right Bartleby? You catching the games on BTSport or just streaming?

I<3GTAV
  • I<3GTAV

I LOVE GARY PAYTON NO ONE UNDERSTANDS

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 May 2014 - 11:43 PM

That Clippers comeback was so beautiful... makes me want to shed a tear.

RARusk
  • RARusk

The Man With No Avatar

• Members

Posted 12 May 2014 - 04:11 AM

BnVT3iOCEAAo-70.png

• Bartleby, gtamann123 and Sir Michael like this

///M
  • ///M

E39

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 May 2014 - 05:29 AM

And people were doubting Indy! PG, Hibbert, West all good games

Bartleby
  • Bartleby

Known in the NW Territories as "The Sneak"

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 12 May 2014 - 09:58 AM Edited by Bartleby, 12 May 2014 - 09:59 AM.

Simmons is a bit grating after a while. I enjoy some of his writing, and his Book of Basketball is good too, but there's only so many far fetched trade ideas I can handle. Him and Jalen are pretty good together. You're in the UK, right Bartleby? You catching the games on BTSport or just streaming?

Was in the UK, I'm in Turkey at the moment though. As difficult as it would be there, it's another two hour difference from London to here. Since the games are usually prime time in the US, I get left out in the cold. :( I generally rely on reddit streams to watch them though, there's not much choice here. They used to have FOX Sports but the contract ran out so all I get is Eurospor. It's lame yo.

I<3GTAV
  • I<3GTAV

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 May 2014 - 07:31 PM Edited by I<3GTAV, 12 May 2014 - 07:32 PM.

My Cavs just fired their head coach, Mike Brown. I personally thought he was ok, but there are certainly better coaches out there. Here's to hoping we don't f*ck up finding a new one. Mark Jackson?

esmittystud101
  • esmittystud101

I play both sides of the fence Xbox One 4.5 TB - PS4 2 TB

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 May 2014 - 08:13 PM Edited by esmittystud101, 12 May 2014 - 08:13 PM.

My Cavs just fired their head coach, Mike Brown. I personally thought he was ok, but there are certainly better coaches out there. Here's to hoping we don't f*ck up finding a new one. Mark Jackson?

I'm not a fan of the Cavs, but I've been watching the NBA since MJ hit "the shot" back in the day against them. They have been scarred ever since. Lebron takes them to the finals his rookie year or the year after, I can't remember, and they get swept in four games by the Spurs. If Lebron can't win a championship there with a decent coach, no one will. Now, if they pull atleast three playmakers there, and a decent coach, I think they have a chance to atleast go deep in the playoffs. I have to give it to you though for sticking with your team all these years. Your a fan for sure. I too thought Mike Brown was an okay fit for them.

• I<3GTAV likes this

DOOM!
  • DOOM!

yessir

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 13 May 2014 - 04:48 AM

If Waiters and Irving get a long they could have one of the more explosive back courts in the league. Give them a coach that can mingle and mold them together, then they'd be something to reckon with. Just getting a good coach and convincing Kyrie to stay when his contract is up is the biggest concern for that franchise.
  • I<3GTAV likes this

///M
  • ///M

E39

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 May 2014 - 04:56 AM

Grantland has some quality stuff on YouTube. BS report is decent to just listen to.

Jalen Rose Report is good.

But Simmons is blatantly biased sometimes. 

I don't really care.

I want Kevin Ollie to have a opportunity.

If Waiters is straightened out the whole atmosphere would improve.

• I<3GTAV likes this

esmittystud101
  • esmittystud101

I play both sides of the fence Xbox One 4.5 TB - PS4 2 TB

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 May 2014 - 01:40 PM

L.B.J. was on fire last night. Maybe one of the best games I ever seen him play.

GTA3Rockstar
  • GTA3Rockstar

--------------------

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 13 May 2014 - 02:43 PM

How 'bout that Sterling interview... lol

I<3GTAV
  • I<3GTAV

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 May 2014 - 04:46 AM Edited by I<3GTAV, 14 May 2014 - 04:47 AM.

This whole thing is just messed up. That call in OKC's favor... honestly? That probably lost the Clippers the entire series, they have to win the next two games now. Yeah, the Clippers choked at the end of the game there, but if the call went for the Clippers like it should have, they would have won. God damn.

///M
  • ///M

E39

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 May 2014 - 05:11 AM

LOL @ Chris Paul is so much better than Russell Westbrook. Russ has been shooting 50%+ with 29 ppg + a triple double.

Shou
  • Shou

y

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica
  • Best Signature 2013
    Best Signature 2012

Posted 14 May 2014 - 06:04 AM Edited by Shoumic, 14 May 2014 - 06:11 AM.

How 'bout that Sterling interview... lol

10352790_861523057209553_450558364194262

This too. 

http://www.cnn.com/v...racist.cnn.html

lol 

• gtamann123 likes this

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

Bang Bang, Skeet Skeet

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 May 2014 - 06:08 AM

Sterling is just a senile old man with too much money and notoriety for his own good. It's actually quite sad to watch it all go down. Him being kicked out of the league will end up benefiting everyone involved. 

GTA3Rockstar
  • GTA3Rockstar

--------------------

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 14 May 2014 - 07:53 AM Edited by GTA3Rockstar, 14 May 2014 - 08:05 AM.

Funny how he says that about Magic and then comes back saying he admires him. Anymore hypocritical talk? lol

And lol @ Pacers. At home to close the series and get blown out by 30. Plus another big lead blown in the LAC OKC game, except wtf was CP3 doing trying to get a 3pt shot off before getting fouled??

Josh
  • Josh

I'm sitting in the middle waiting

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 14 May 2014 - 08:55 AM Edited by Josh, 14 May 2014 - 08:56 AM.

LOL @ Chris Paul is so much better than Russell Westbrook. Russ has been shooting 50%+ with 29 ppg + a triple double.

Ha, nobody ever said that Paul was 'so much better' than Westbrook did they? I certainly didn't, but I did take issue with your comment that Westbrook eats him for breakfast. You never provided any statistics to prove your claim that Paul had a lower +/- against Westbrook, and now you're coming back in to talk statistics? I'm still waiting on your magical proof regarding his +/- but I'll bite.

Paul's also been shooting over 50%, averaging a double-double every game, turning the ball over less than twice per game compared to Westbrook's 4x per game and averaging more steals per game too.

In conclusion, given the fact that Westbrook is playing with the scoring leader and the MVP and Paul is not, I know who I feel is a better player on the back of those statistics.

GTA3Rockstar
  • GTA3Rockstar

--------------------

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 14 May 2014 - 02:19 PM Edited by GTA3Rockstar, 14 May 2014 - 02:21 PM.

Ha, nobody ever said that Paul was 'so much better' than Westbrook did they? I certainly didn't, but I did take issue with your comment that Westbrook eats him for breakfast. You never provided any statistics to prove your claim that Paul had a lower +/- against Westbrook, and now you're coming back in to talk statistics? I'm still waiting on your magical proof regarding his +/- but I'll bite.

Paul's also been shooting over 50%, averaging a double-double every game, turning the ball over less than twice per game compared to Westbrook's 4x per game and averaging more steals per game too.

In conclusion, given the fact that Westbrook is playing with the scoring leader and the MVP and Paul is not, I know who I feel is a better player on the back of those statistics.
But lol at CP3 last night. Lost the ball, thinking he was gonna be fouled, fouled Westbrook on a 3pt shot and then turns it over at the last second.

Westbrooks stats last night was much better, less turnovers, more pts and draining all three foul shots at the end. Either way, they're both great players.

I<3GTAV
  • I<3GTAV

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 May 2014 - 03:51 PM Edited by I<3GTAV, 15 May 2014 - 03:52 PM.

Statistically, Westbrook is the better player, but in my opinion, Chris Paul is better at fulfilling his role as a point guard. He takes on a better leadership role, on and off the court. It's why he's grown to become one of my favorite players.

DOOM!
  • DOOM!

yessir

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 16 May 2014 - 02:37 AM

Westbrook, athletically, is superior to Paul. CP3 is far superior in making everyone around him better, making him the better point guard.

I wish Thunder would bring someone in who can truly run point and move Russ over to shooting guard.

///M
  • ///M

E39

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 May 2014 - 04:20 AM Edited by ARCTICvnc, 16 May 2014 - 04:22 AM.

Westbrook, athletically, is superior to Paul. CP3 is far superior in making everyone around him better, making him the better point guard.

I wish Thunder would bring someone in who can truly run point and move Russ over to shooting guard.

Moving the ball out of Russ' hands would make him pretty obsolete.

It doesn't matter who the better player is. It's about how they matchup. Chris Paul struggles against guys like Westbrook that play intensely or guys like Bledsoe. That's from what i've SEEN.

You can take it any way you want.

///M
  • ///M

E39

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 May 2014 - 05:29 AM

And there goes clippers to finals

Funktipus
  • Funktipus

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 16 May 2014 - 12:59 PM

Smart move by Steve Kerr spurning NY for Golden State. Knicks have a sh*t roster, no cap relief, no draft pick, and a horrible owner who's created a toxic corporate culture at the Garden. He had people in his ear (probably Marv) warning him about the Knicks and the way they operate.

DOOM!
  • DOOM!

yessir

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 16 May 2014 - 05:43 PM Edited by DOOM!, 16 May 2014 - 05:45 PM.

A top 5 player, not even in his prime, will become "obsolete" if he gets moved to a position that fits him best? No... Russell Westbrook shoots when he wants, regardless if the league-leader in scoring and MVP is on the team.

Thunder need a true point guard and Westbrook is not one. Reggie Jackson isn't even a great point guard, just a watered down Westbrook in comparison.
  • I<3GTAV likes this

GTA3Rockstar
  • GTA3Rockstar

--------------------

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 16 May 2014 - 06:26 PM

blakewater.gif

Saw this on ESPN today. LOOOOOOOOOL

I<3GTAV
  • I<3GTAV

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 May 2014 - 07:34 PM

Clippers had a very nice season, and it's only the beginning. A great start to the Doc Rivers era. But for now, GO SPURS! You're the only team I have left to root for.

• El Diablo likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users