NBA Basketball

2,620 replies to this topic
Josh
  • Josh

I'm sitting in the middle waiting

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 04 May 2014 - 05:59 PM

If the Thunder win in the series against the Clippers, they're going to the finals. No question in my mind.

I completely agree with you, think that the winner of that series would be my favourites to get to the finals. You can never count out the Spurs though.

But the main reason why I popped in was to say that I appreciate your signature...

Any excuse to post this video; Kemp and Payton were brilliant together in the mid to late 90's. Those Sonics are my favourite team of all time.

• I<3GTAV likes this

///M
  • ///M

E39

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 May 2014 - 06:16 PM

I completely agree with you, think that the winner of that series would be my favourites to get to the finals. You can never count out the Spurs though.

But the main reason why I popped in was to say that I appreciate your signature...

Any excuse to post this video; Kemp and Payton were brilliant together in the mid to late 90's. Those Sonics are my favourite team of all time.

Detlef was the best.

dante財閥
  • dante財閥

財閥

• The Connection
  • France

Posted 04 May 2014 - 06:16 PM Edited by Geth, 04 May 2014 - 06:17 PM.

Geth, I hope you're not implying anything by your post. It's one thing to openly be racist and whatnot, it's another to cause a riot at a NBA basketball arena.... and the one who caused it is a professional basketball player.

What exactly is wrong with my implication? That a racist white owner is worse than a brawl at a sports arena? Because I am pretty okay with saying that. No one died. It wasn't a tragedy. It was a dumb brawl. Sterlings behaviour has a worse effect on the game overall than Ron Artests. He had water chucked at him and he reacted. One person was badly injured but not through the fault of anyone directly. So yeah. I am implying exactly what you think I am. Just to clarify, the riot was caused by a fan. Not a ball player. 
What I think is wrong with your implication is that you type "hmm" as if there is something else Adam Silver could've done. You cannot just take the team away, he can't fine him anymore because that's the max amount they are allowed to fine the guy. He has been banned from the NBA, what else could you possibly want besides him to be publicly humiliated? Your implication, to me, wasn't saying that him being racist is worst than a NBA brawl, because I'll agree with you... but people need to quit acting like there is anything else Silver could've to Sterling. He did all he legally could. But please don't sit here and dismiss professional basketball players beating the sh*t out of fans for something small and stupid as not a "tragedy", because that "dumb brawl" took a helluva a hit on NBA's image and advanced the security greatly.. you don't see folks throwing sh*t anymore without gettin' put in cuffs now-a-days.

And for clarification; Ron Artest ran into the stands and punched a man, a man who didn't even throw the cup at him. Don't defend him for gods sake.

Shoumic, piss off or PM if you want to have a nazi grammar war.

I know Silver couldn't of done anything more, my 'hmm' was just a general musing about how messed up it is that Ron got double the fine for something that when it is all said and done is less of an issue, it shows maybe a structural issue with the way discipline is handled in the NBA. 

Ron ran into the crowd, and grabbed the wrong guy. He didn't punch him. The only person who was seriously injured was the guy who tried to stop Artest from grabbing the other guy, he got trampled on. 

I<3GTAV
  • I<3GTAV

I LOVE GARY PAYTON NO ONE UNDERSTANDS

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 May 2014 - 06:28 PM

If the Thunder win in the series against the Clippers, they're going to the finals. No question in my mind.

The REAL lob city. It brings tears to my eyes. I hope the Sonics come back soon.

GTA3Rockstar
  • GTA3Rockstar

--------------------

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Lifetime Achievement Award
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 05 May 2014 - 09:18 AM Edited by GTA3Rockstar, 05 May 2014 - 11:26 AM.

Probably either one of those two teams can do it, especially since the Spurs let their series go to a game 7.

Speaking of game 7s, 5 this first round, ties the most in one post season. Definitely can see more this post season.

///M
  • ///M

E39

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 May 2014 - 12:41 AM

The REAL lob city. It brings tears to my eyes. I hope the Sonics come back soon. 

LOL @ Clippers in finals. 

Westbrook eats CP3 for breakfast.

He can't get away with all the fouls he commits like did to Curry.

He got away with so many calls game 7 and then complains like crazy when a ref calls a foul on him.

Josh
  • Josh

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 06 May 2014 - 03:37 AM Edited by Josh, 06 May 2014 - 03:42 AM.

I don't think the Clippers getting to the finals is such an outrageous proposition.

And on your comparison between Westbrook and Paul, don't be ridiculous. I wouldn't even blink before choosing Paul over Westbrook...

Of course, Westbrook has the rest of the series to prove that he eats Paul for breakfast, after the reverse has happened in the first three quarters of game one...

///M
  • ///M

E39

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 May 2014 - 03:50 AM

I don't think the Clippers getting to the finals is such an outrageous proposition.

And on your comparison between Westbrook and Paul, don't be ridiculous. I wouldn't even blink before choosing Paul over Westbrook...

Of course, Westbrook has the rest of the series to prove that he eats Paul for breakfast, after the reverse has happened in the first three quarters of game one...

CP3 struggles against athletic PG's that are aggressive.

I was going off of what I saw in the past not about who is the player that I'd want on my team.

And the clippers making it to the finals isn't crazy because of how many call the clips get from the refs.

CP3 was hacking Curry in game 7 and didn't even get called for it.

http://www.nba.com/a...201213;season=r

Josh
  • Josh

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 06 May 2014 - 04:10 AM

I was going off of what I saw in the past not about who is the player that I'd want on my team.

CP3 has struggled so much against Westbrook when they've played each other that on average he's outscored him, outshot him, and provided more assists than him whilst turning the ball over less than him. That head-to-head record was what I was going off when I decided who I'd rather have on my team (but of course I think Paul would be a better guy to have around the team too).

I<3GTAV
  • I<3GTAV

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 May 2014 - 04:16 AM

The Thunder lose the first game in the series v. the Clippers, and hopefully it continues. I think the Clippers' will advance in 6, maybe 7.

///M
  • ///M

E39

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 May 2014 - 04:21 AM

CP3 has struggled so much against Westbrook when they've played each other that on average he's outscored him, outshot him, and provided more assists than him whilst turning the ball over less than him. That head-to-head record was what I was going off when I decided who I'd rather have on my team (but of course I think Paul would be a better guy to have around the team too).

You are reading the stats wrong because they support my argument more than yours. It clearly shows that CP's +/- is negative when Westbrook is playing vs when he is on the bench.

And the stats are older when Jackson wasn't as good.

Josh
  • Josh

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 06 May 2014 - 04:46 AM Edited by Josh, 06 May 2014 - 04:48 AM.

I don't think the stats support your statement; unless you can find me a stat which says that Paul's +/- is negative when he's matched up against Westbrook, since I haven't been able to find one and I'm certainly not reading the averages wrong.

Besides, +/- is a pretty crude metric to measure a player by in relation to another, especially when almost all of the other statistics point towards Paul having the advantage.

///M
  • ///M

E39

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 May 2014 - 04:59 AM

I don't think the stats support your statement; unless you can find me a stat which says that Paul's +/- is negative when he's matched up against Westbrook, since I haven't been able to find one and I'm certainly not reading the averages wrong.

Besides, +/- is a pretty crude metric to measure a player by in relation to another, especially when almost all of the other statistics point towards Paul having the advantage.

+/- is a basic measurement of impact. Like PER which is used as a measuring stick, its not always correct. But, all of CP3's stats are lower considerably when on court with Westbrook vs when he is on the bench.

This is FACT and the stats prove it. 

Yes, stats aren't always right but they lay down a basic forecast of what to expect.

Today Russ played well but CP outplayed him along with the Clippers bench.

Josh
  • Josh

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 06 May 2014 - 10:41 AM

All I am asking for is proof that that is true, but all you've done is reiterate what you've previously said whilst putting the word "FACT" in capital letters. That doesn't make it a fact, some sort of evidence does.

GTA3Rockstar
  • GTA3Rockstar

--------------------

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 06 May 2014 - 11:06 AM

And the clippers making it to the finals isn't crazy because of how many call the clips get from the refs.
CP3 was hacking Curry in game 7 and didn't even get called for it.

http://www.nba.com/a...201213;season=r

So what; the refs was letting them play the game.

You can't go and show stats and have them be over a year old. Have to be relevant. http://www.basketbal...01&p2=westbru01 Like these, their stats are too close to consider one, 'eats him for breakfast'

Though its funny how you say that and then he has a career game last night.

FG 12/14 3P 8/9 32pts

DOOM!
  • DOOM!

yessir

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 06 May 2014 - 05:09 PM Edited by DOOM!, 06 May 2014 - 07:05 PM.

Geth, I hope you're not implying anything by your post. It's one thing to openly be racist and whatnot, it's another to cause a riot at a NBA basketball arena.... and the one who caused it is a professional basketball player.

What exactly is wrong with my implication? That a racist white owner is worse than a brawl at a sports arena? Because I am pretty okay with saying that. No one died. It wasn't a tragedy. It was a dumb brawl. Sterlings behaviour has a worse effect on the game overall than Ron Artests. He had water chucked at him and he reacted. One person was badly injured but not through the fault of anyone directly. So yeah. I am implying exactly what you think I am. Just to clarify, the riot was caused by a fan. Not a ball player. 
What I think is wrong with your implication is that you type "hmm" as if there is something else Adam Silver could've done. You cannot just take the team away, he can't fine him anymore because that's the max amount they are allowed to fine the guy. He has been banned from the NBA, what else could you possibly want besides him to be publicly humiliated? Your implication, to me, wasn't saying that him being racist is worst than a NBA brawl, because I'll agree with you... but people need to quit acting like there is anything else Silver could've to Sterling. He did all he legally could. But please don't sit here and dismiss professional basketball players beating the sh*t out of fans for something small and stupid as not a "tragedy", because that "dumb brawl" took a helluva a hit on NBA's image and advanced the security greatly.. you don't see folks throwing sh*t anymore without gettin' put in cuffs now-a-days.

And for clarification; Ron Artest ran into the stands and punched a man, a man who didn't even throw the cup at him. Don't defend him for gods sake.

Shoumic, piss off or PM if you want to have a nazi grammar war.

I know Silver couldn't of done anything more, my 'hmm' was just a general musing about how messed up it is that Ron got double the fine for something that when it is all said and done is less of an issue, it shows maybe a structural issue with the way discipline is handled in the NBA. 

Ron ran into the crowd, and grabbed the wrong guy. He didn't punch him. The only person who was seriously injured was the guy who tried to stop Artest from grabbing the other guy, he got trampled on. 
Maybe, but when it's all said and done Sterling didn't do anything illegal by the NBA guideline and it's surely not like he caused a riot at a sports stadium.. What happened in this case was a first and Silver acted appropriately, hopefully from here on out we won't have anymore racism issues.

CP3 went off, if Clippers play like that every game they will sweep the Thunder.

Sir Michael
  • Sir Michael

\_(ツ)_/

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 06 May 2014 - 05:30 PM

Durant just got MVP. The guy deserved it after putting up those numbers this year..

DOOM!
  • DOOM!

yessir

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 06 May 2014 - 07:26 PM

I prefer LeBron over Durant, LBJ is my dude but the award was givin' to the right player. If Durant wins a ring and masters his game he will be the greatest basketball on earth very soon. I'm glad I get to see him in person every year.

Golden State fires Mark Jackson. How much hate does a ownership need to have with a man who has clearly gotten better each year? I've read and heard the GS players had a "spiritual" connection with the coach... I personally hope the team flops and Mark Jackson flourishes. Knicks? Lakers?

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"The Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars
  • April Fools Loser 2015

Posted 06 May 2014 - 08:26 PM

but there's your problem.

no one ever seems to know what "MVP" means exactly.

is it literally the most valuable player in game?

or is it the player who was the most valuable to his team?

DOOM!
  • DOOM!

yessir

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 06 May 2014 - 11:01 PM

The most valuable in the game, at least by league standards. The rookie of the year was on the worst team this year, if that means anything.

esmittystud101
  • esmittystud101

You Sir, Do Not Praise The Sun

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 May 2014 - 01:43 PM Edited by esmittystud101, 07 May 2014 - 02:29 PM.

Congrads to Durant on the MVP, didn't think he would win it over Lebron, now if he can just learn how to defend someone he would be a good all round player. One of the best offensive players in the league, couldn't guard his way out of a wet paper bag though. Durant will also be on the cover of the new NBA 2K15 game. I just don't think OKC is going to win it all. They have been so flip floppy this whole year, when playoffs arrive its time to be consistant, which they clearly are not yet and its playoff time. They could make the finals, but too many good teams in the west, just don't think it will be them. Really I think Miami is the only consistant team thus far in the playoffs. I smell three peat. On top of everything else, the NBA wants Miami to three peat. Its good for the league, its good for ratings, more people will watch someone thats about to three peat then someone else.  

I<3GTAV
  • I<3GTAV

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 May 2014 - 08:03 PM Edited by I<3GTAV, 07 May 2014 - 08:21 PM.

I think I want OKC to win it all, I know I was a Sonics fan and was veeeeeeerry pissed about the move, but all the players deserve it. I love the players on that team, and if they were all on the same team in a different franchise I would support them 95% (gotta support my home team first of course). Kevin Durant is my favorite player not just because of his immense talent, but because he is so down to earth and loyal. You don't find that much in the NBA. Also, I think OKC's going to dominate the Clippers tonight because KD's going to be feeling confident and refreshed after winning MVP.

Funktipus
  • Funktipus

Homie

• Members

Posted 07 May 2014 - 10:17 PM

With Mark Jackson getting fired(dumb*** move by the Warriors), that gives Steve Kerr another option. Warriors have a better team, and despite Phil Jackson's spin-doctoring, Dolan will not change his ways.

///M
  • ///M

E39

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 May 2014 - 03:50 AM

Trip dub for Westbrook, calling it.

dante財閥
  • dante財閥

財閥

• The Connection
  • France

Posted 08 May 2014 - 04:50 AM

He got away with so many calls game 7 and then complains like crazy when a ref calls a foul on him.

LOL

As if Russ is anywhere near CP3's level. 

• esmittystud101 likes this

Shou
  • Shou

y

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica
  • Best Signature 2013
    Best Signature 2012

Posted 08 May 2014 - 08:36 AM

10300321_556914341095842_180995424611282

:D

• gtamann123 likes this

GTA3Rockstar
  • GTA3Rockstar

--------------------

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 08 May 2014 - 10:05 AM

LOL how can one be that dumb?

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

Bang Bang, Skeet Skeet

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 May 2014 - 12:25 AM

LOL Dumb girl trying to act like shes interested in Basketball. She hears guys talking about OKC and Thunder and stuff ans just makes things up. 

Either that or trolling

///M
  • ///M

E39

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 May 2014 - 02:18 AM Edited by ARCTICvnc, 09 May 2014 - 02:19 AM.

LOL

As if Russ is anywhere near CP3's level. 

It's about matchups.

Why doesn't LeBron/KD automatically win the championship if they are the best players?
LOL 

GTA3Rockstar
  • GTA3Rockstar

--------------------

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 09 May 2014 - 02:26 AM

Looks like Miami is changing roles from being swept in the season series to sweeping them in the playoffs.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users