NBA Basketball

2,623 replies to this topic
W3BB13
  • W3BB13

Welcome to the real North Korea

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 12 November 2013 - 02:25 AM

That's called horrible basketball IQ. Wade had no reason to miss that free throw.

Like I said at the end of the finals last year, I still don't see Miami reaching the finals this year.

I'm pumped for their first game against Indy this year.

Nah Tso Gud
  • Nah Tso Gud

SuperHonky

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 November 2013 - 05:55 PM

Twolves screwed out of that game last night, so many BS calls for the Clippers. Oh well.

W3BB13
  • W3BB13

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 12 November 2013 - 09:20 PM

Twolves screwed out of that game last night, so many BS calls for the Clippers. Oh well.

Honestly, every game I've watched this season has driven me further and further away from the NBA. I don't understand how veteran officials can get so many easy calls wrong each game. Plus this new emphasis on the delay of game warnings is ridiculous. They want to speed up the game by slowing it down even more. It's just nonsensical to change something that was never a real problem in the first place.

If college ball can't keep me interested I probably won't bother watching the sport anymore.

Nah Tso Gud
  • Nah Tso Gud

SuperHonky

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 November 2013 - 03:05 AM

Honestly, every game I've watched this season has driven me further and further away from the NBA. I don't understand how veteran officials can get so many easy calls wrong each game. Plus this new emphasis on the delay of game warnings is ridiculous. They want to speed up the game by slowing it down even more. It's just nonsensical to change something that was never a real problem in the first place.

If college ball can't keep me interested I probably won't bother watching the sport anymore.

No kidding. I mean the calls in that game were basically all but the NBA admitting that they are calling games for a certain team. Chris Paul not only hacked Brewer on the fast break but also clearly smacked him in the dome. Illegal screens all game by Griffin crap calls against the Wolves as well, and they STILL managed to bring it to the buzzer.

Yeah those "Delay of game" calls are something else... someone who just makes a basket taps it toward the in bounder and it's a delay of game?? Huh??? If they trap the ball or tap in the wrong direction to allow their defense to get set, then sure, call it. I'm hoping they are just going to be strict about it for a month or 2 and then ease up on it. 

College ball looks like it could be Damn fun to watch this year. So many big games today. :D

W3BB13
  • W3BB13

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 13 November 2013 - 11:30 PM

Yeah, I'm enjoying college ball more than the NBA already.

The Pacers are keeping my attention, though. 8-0 already and they still don't have Granger. Hopefully when he returns it won't mess up their chemistry.

As long as they don't play like absolute sh*t on Friday they should be 9-0 when they're finished with the Bucks.

W3BB13
  • W3BB13

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 17 November 2013 - 02:25 AM

Looks like Indy's going to lose their first game tonight against the Bulls. I'd love to see them turn it around, but the Bulls are on point tonight.

Funktipus
  • Funktipus

Homie

• Members

Posted 19 November 2013 - 02:58 PM

More Knick follies...I've accepted the fact that this franchise will continue to stumble and bumble with Brain-Dead Dolan in charge.

Couple of weeks ago, there was a great article in the NY Times comparing Knicks management to the Spurs. Made me want to cry.

http://www.nydailyne...ticle-1.1520296

W3BB13
  • W3BB13

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 21 November 2013 - 02:43 AM

They're in a hell of a game against Indy right now.

Looks like it's going to OT unless Melo can score in the next 5 seconds.

Axl Rose
  • Axl Rose

Appetite For Illusion

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 November 2013 - 12:23 PM

dammit drose

i hope its not a torn ACL again

W3BB13
  • W3BB13

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 24 November 2013 - 08:43 AM

Surgery.

Hard not to feel bad for the guy at this point.

W3BB13
  • W3BB13

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 30 November 2013 - 07:24 PM

russGW.gif

Game of the year so far in my opinion. When these two teams get together they put on a show.

Orange Juice
  • Orange Juice

Snitch

• The Connection
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 December 2013 - 01:43 AM

Man, I hope we see them face off in the playoffs come springtime. Portland have been surprising with just how well they've been playing, I love Lillard's play, and LMA too.

Shou
  • Shou

y

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica
  • Best Signature 2013
    Best Signature 2012

Posted 08 December 2013 - 06:42 PM

Such a shame this page isn't as active as the Footy Desk. 

Celtics playing some of the best Basketball I've seen in a while, the lead is 34 now against New York. I actually like the Knicks, I hope they pick things up again soon. 

Orange Juice
  • Orange Juice

Snitch

• The Connection
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 December 2013 - 09:14 PM

Yeah, it's a shame this doesn't get that busy.

The East is terrible this year. My (admittedly awful) pre-season predictions from early September on /r/nba:

• 1. Miami
  • 2. Chicago
  • 3. Brooklyn
  • 4. Indiana
  • 5. New York
  • 6. Washington
  • 7. Detroit
  • 8. Toronto
  • Just missing out: Cleveland

Asides from the Pacers and the Heat, everyone else in the East has been pretty poor. The 3rd seed in the East (Hawks at 11-10) has a worse winning percentage than the 10th seeds in the West (Lakers, 10-9). From the West, Memphis have been surprisingly poor. There's still plenty of time to turn it around, and they're only a game under .500. I was hoping the T'Wolves would be better too, and they show signs every now and then, but their inconsistency will probably keep them out of the playoffs. My West predictions:

• 1. Oklahoma City
  • 2. LA Clippers
  • 3. Golden State
  • 4. Memphis
  • 5. San Antonio
  • 6. Houston
  • 7. Denver
  • 8. Minnesota

Just missing out: New Orleans and Portland

Clearly I know f*ck all about basketball.

W3BB13
  • W3BB13

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 11 December 2013 - 02:04 AM

Great game between the Heat and the Pacers right now. Pacers currently up 4 in the 4th quarter.

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I have moved to a new account.

• BUSTED!
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 11 December 2013 - 03:42 AM Edited by AceKingston, 11 December 2013 - 03:42 AM.

Good comeback by the Celtics against the Nets I thought but the Atlantic is so terrible this year, and the East mind you, I have a bad feeling that we (Celtics) might miss out.
  • Shou likes this

CallTheCoroner
  • CallTheCoroner

Have you ever been dying of thirst, and smelled rain?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 December 2013 - 07:55 PM

Good comeback by the Celtics against the Nets I thought but the Atlantic is so terrible this year, and the East mind you, I have a bad feeling that we (Celtics) might miss out.

They wont miss the playoffs, the east is terrible. Especially with Rondo coming back.

Funktipus
  • Funktipus

Homie

• Members

Posted 17 December 2013 - 09:21 PM

I knew the Knicks were taking a step back this year, but I didn't expect 7-17. They keep coming up with new ways to lose. How does Woodson not call a timeout last night with 6 seconds left???

What a disaster, and it won't get any better with Brain-Dead Dolan in charge. He's the Jerry Jones of the NBA.

• Attorney General likes this

mikestang746
  • mikestang746

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 06:12 AM

i want miami heat again this season..... go go go lebron

W3BB13
  • W3BB13

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 19 December 2013 - 07:45 AM

I truly believe they'll lose to the Pacers in the eastern conference finals this year.

Interested to see if Granger coming back makes the Pacers a better team as expected or if he just won't fit in anymore. If he makes them better, which I can't really see how or why he wouldn't, I think the Heat will definitely be f*cked come playoff time.

Shou
  • Shou

y

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica
  • Best Signature 2013
    Best Signature 2012

Posted 19 December 2013 - 08:36 AM Edited by Shoumic, 19 December 2013 - 08:36 AM.

Oh, so you don't support the team but LeBron? I guess it's okay to support a team based on your favorite player but I think it's plain retarded.

Funktipus
  • Funktipus

Homie

• Members

Posted 20 December 2013 - 09:15 PM

I truly believe they'll lose to the Pacers in the eastern conference finals this year.

Interested to see if Granger coming back makes the Pacers a better team as expected or if he just won't fit in anymore. If he makes them better, which I can't really see how or why he wouldn't, I think the Heat will definitely be f*cked come playoff time.

To be honest, I don't think they need Granger.

W3BB13
  • W3BB13

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 21 December 2013 - 02:51 AM

I don't think they do either, but as long as he comes back and plays well it can't hurt to have him on the roster.

He's finally playing tonight and he looks like sh*t. Hopefully he'll turn that around soon.

Eris
  • Eris

Ghetto Star

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 27 December 2013 - 04:11 PM Edited by Nipperkins, 27 December 2013 - 04:12 PM.

original.jpg

The worst part is the sick motherf*cker is actually happy that he ate the basketball.

Attorney General
  • Attorney General

psychonaut

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 29 December 2013 - 05:24 PM

I don't think they do either, but as long as he comes back and plays well it can't hurt to have him on the roster.

He's finally playing tonight and he looks like sh*t. Hopefully he'll turn that around soon.

Heard a rumor that the Pacers may look to trade Danny Granger and George Hill for Rajon Rondo. 

I think Rondo would be a phenomenal fit for Indiana. He's such a well rounded player. The only legitimate flaw in his game is the long ball. But imagine another kickass perimeter defender on that team...they're already about as good as it gets defensively and if they added him, they'd be on another level. That combined with his outstanding feel for the tempo of the game, his direction on offense...it's a no brainer.  He'd be just a tremendous asset should Indy be able to pull this trade off. And as scary as they look at times...they'd be that much better with the addition of a pure point guard as tough and talented as Rondo. 

Shou
  • Shou

y

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica
  • Best Signature 2013
    Best Signature 2012

Posted 29 December 2013 - 06:10 PM

^ Not going to happen. 

Attorney General
  • Attorney General

psychonaut

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 30 December 2013 - 12:47 AM

Nonsense. You never know. Pau Gasol was traded to LA for Kwame Brown, 2 clowns and a couple draft picks.

I just like the idea of it...even though I'm a Knicks fan (what up Funk?!). It would give them potentially the best starting lineup in the league. At least right up there w Golden State and a handful of others. 

Speaking of Golden State...really enjoyed watching them play so far. Them and Portland are so fun to watch this year. 

Shou
  • Shou

y

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica
  • Best Signature 2013
    Best Signature 2012

Posted 30 December 2013 - 06:07 AM

I really don't as I'm a Celtics fan, Rondo's my favorite player so I'd be devastated to see him go really and I can't see it happen either way. We already have Green so we don't need Granger and I believe I don't need to speak of George Hill. 

We can wait till the end of the season to clear a bunch of cap space and really focus on redeveloping into a championship caliber team. But I never expected the C's to play as well as they are playing this year. Also, look at Jordan Crawford, that dude is beast. 

Knicks fan eh? Celtics vs. Knicks at MSG.. What a spectacle that was. Where's Raymond Felton? You guys are in dire need of a proper point guard. 

Loving Golden State and Portland this year, Indiana have been a surprise as well. I'd be happy if anyone except the Heat win the league. 

Funktipus
  • Funktipus

Homie

• Members

Posted 30 December 2013 - 06:50 PM

9-21 with the Texas trip coming up......oy vay

To me, the main problem is the flawed roster, not Woodson. Last season the team won 54 games. Did he forget how to coach between then and now? Knicks just aren't good this year - combine that with the injures, and it's no shock they're a hot mess. Apparently, Dolan met with the team and told them there'll be no trades or coach firings. That should be good news for Shump. I believe the trade rumors affected his game. He's not the same as last year.

The eastern conference is such a suckfest, Knicks could make the playoffs. But so what? They'll be sub-.500 - there's no pride in that.

F*****g Dolan. If he just hired a real GM with a long term plan and would leave him alone, Knicks could eventually be a force. Oh wait, we had that with Donnie Walsh, and where is he now? Knicks have to be the most dysfunctional franchise in the NBA, thanks to our brain-dead owner.

W3BB13
  • W3BB13

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 08 January 2014 - 08:11 PM

9-21 with the Texas trip coming up......oy vay

To me, the main problem is the flawed roster, not Woodson. Last season the team won 54 games. Did he forget how to coach between then and now? Knicks just aren't good this year - combine that with the injures, and it's no shock they're a hot mess. Apparently, Dolan met with the team and told them there'll be no trades or coach firings. That should be good news for Shump. I believe the trade rumors affected his game. He's not the same as last year.

The eastern conference is such a suckfest, Knicks could make the playoffs. But so what? They'll be sub-.500 - there's no pride in that.

F*****g Dolan. If he just hired a real GM with a long term plan and would leave him alone, Knicks could eventually be a force. Oh wait, we had that with Donnie Walsh, and where is he now? Knicks have to be the most dysfunctional franchise in the NBA, thanks to our brain-dead owner.

How do you feel about JR Smith untying everybody's shoes at the free throw line?

I was glad to see they fined him $50K. I think a suspension for a few games would've been a good idea as well. Guy's a clown.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users