NBA Basketball

3,424 replies to this topic
Mion
  • Mion

KD*

• Members
  • Olympics
  • Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by Mion, 4 weeks ago.

Well looks like Cleveland is in for another rough 64 years, unless another Lebroom comes... I guess this rivalry is over and we know the winner.

Kyrie is one of the players that interest me so I think he deserves his own place than stay a sidekick.

Orange Juice
  • Orange Juice

Snitch

• The Connection
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by Orange Juice, 4 weeks ago.

Well looks like Cleveland is in for another rough 64 years, unless another Lebroom comes... I guess this rivalry is over and we know the winner.

Kyrie is one of the players that interest me so I think he deserves his own place than stay a sidekick.

Get his own team and what become Lillard & the Blazers-esque cannon fodder for the Warriors if he goes west, or, if he stays in the east, fall in the first or second round of the play-offs at best?

He supposedly mentioned the Spurs, Knicks, Heat, and Wolves a preferred destinations for a trade. As others mentioned on the previous page, he doesn't seem like the type to fit in with the Spurs way of playing basketball if he goes, and the Spurs don't have a great deal to offer the Cavs in return. The Knicks are the Knicks - he can be the big star there and maybe, just maybe, he'll bring some excitement to MSG and New York starts drawing free agents again; then again, Dolan is Dolan, so maybe he f*cks things up (again) and the Knicks remain a laughing stock even with Kyrie. The Heat's an interesting scenario but an Irving-Waiters backcourt hasn't worked well in the past. The Wolves actually interests me the most - apparently he's close to Jimmy Butler, and they've obviously got the exciting young guns of Lavine, Wiggins, and KAT, but they'd have to give at least one (plus a bunch of picks, I imagine) up in a trade to get Kyrie.

That said, he's still under contract so the Cavs have no obligation to trade him to where he wants to go.

DOOM!
  • DOOM!

yessir

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

Pretty sure Lavine was apart of the trade to get Jimmy Butler... but yeah, seeing Kyrie with the projected starting 5 would be nuts.

dante財閥
  • dante財閥

財閥

• Members
  • France

Posted 4 weeks ago

Yeah Lavine is starting point for Chicago now lol. 

DOOM!
  • DOOM!

yessir

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

Uh oh, reports coming out saying LeBron is going to catch hands with Kyrie if he sees him.

GTA3Rockstar
  • GTA3Rockstar

--------------------

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Lifetime Achievement Award
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 4 weeks ago

http://bleacherrepor...stephen-a-smith

Chaise
  • Chaise

Packers Fan.

• Members

Posted 4 weeks ago

Damn, and I was hopeful Cavs could somehow keep Kyrie but this is getting ugly fast. This is getting even saltier then Russ and KD if what everyone is reporting is true.

DOOM!
  • DOOM!

yessir

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

It'll be more interesting when they find Kyrie another team and these guys meet back up on court.

Reports swirling that Knicks and OKC in talks for Melo. I don't know how to feel other than if we include Kanter in the deal then I'd be fine with it.

dante財閥
  • dante財閥

財閥

• Members
  • France

Posted 4 weeks ago

Derrick Rose has just signed with the Cavs.

File that under trades that would have been very exciting about 5 or 6 years ago.

DOOM!
  • DOOM!

yessir

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

Indeed. I don't see how people can think this can legitimately be Kyries replacement. If he could survive a whole season+playoffs, I can see him flourishing with LeBron... but if not (also considering how Love plays) we can see how older LeBron can carry a 2007-esque cavaliers team.

dante財閥
  • dante財閥

財閥

• Members
  • France

Posted 4 weeks ago

He had flashes of brilliance last year and the vet minimum is a very nice price for a not yet old former MVP, but like you said - he is not an adequate replacement. Makes me wonder if LeBron actually will leave now. 

DOOM!
  • DOOM!

yessir

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by DOOM!, 4 weeks ago.

I think there is no doubt he will leave. As a "LeBronsexual", I've come to accept the fact that this dude isn't loyal in the sense to what loyalty is compared to 20 years ago. He isn't a f*cking snake about it either... it'd be nice to know for sure if he is leaving after this season, because trading him would make the most sense. But in all reality Cleveland has a chance to win the championship better than any other eastern team with or without Kyrie, so I can see why Dan Gilbert would cash in on one final run a championship in Cleveland with LeBron.

I can easily see LeBron going to the Lakers with all that young talent. Maybe finish his career in success in one of the biggest markets in the NBA (US/World) and dethrone the Warriors. It's sad, because we will probably be speculating next offseason more than who will win the Finals this upcoming season.

Funktipus
  • Funktipus

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 3 weeks ago

I think there is no doubt he will leave. As a "LeBronsexual", I've come to accept the fact that this dude isn't loyal in the sense to what loyalty is compared to 20 years ago. He isn't a f*cking snake about it either... it'd be nice to know for sure if he is leaving after this season, because trading him would make the most sense. But in all reality Cleveland has a chance to win the championship better than any other eastern team with or without Kyrie, so I can see why Dan Gilbert would cash in on one final run a championship in Cleveland with LeBron.

I can easily see LeBron going to the Lakers with all that young talent. Maybe finish his career in success in one of the biggest markets in the NBA (US/World) and dethrone the Warriors. It's sad, because we will probably be speculating next offseason more than who will win the Finals this upcoming season.

Why would LeBron go west, where you would have to go through the Warriors just to get to the Finals?

• Zello likes this

DOOM!
  • DOOM!

yessir

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by DOOM!, 3 weeks ago.

Bigger market to expand his ever growing name. There's no doubt if LeBron went to LA he alone would get FA's to flock there as well and I can see him forming a contender over yonder.

Mion
  • Mion

KD*

• Members
  • Olympics
  • Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by Mion, 3 weeks ago.

Get you someone who dreams of you as much as DOOM! dreams of Lebron dunking over KD to win the NBA finals.

Also lol, I can't wait till these same fans boo him when he leaves next year.
http://kfor.com/2017...a-warm-welcome/

DOOM!
  • DOOM!

yessir

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

You're a bandwagon fan, so your snarky remarks about other fans are null.

Wishful thinking about KD getting slammed on to lose the Finals. At this point I don't care if it's LeBron or Jeremy Lin.

Zello
  • Zello

Hired gun

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by Zello, 3 weeks ago.

I can't see Lebron going to the west he'd still have to go to through the Warriors and the Lakers are still a couple of years away from being a contender. If he wanted to be in a bigger market I could see him going to New York and joining either The Knicks now that Phil Jackson is gone or the Nets.

DOOM!
  • DOOM!

yessir

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

The Lakers organization seems on the up. I think how they play this year will be a determining factor for LeBron. With the small rookie contracts they have with their players, they could easily add a few free agents for general manager LeBron James to reel in.

He's been doubted by haters his whole career for staying in the East. He's family loves Los Angeles(supposedly) and it's f*cking Hollywood, the perfect place for rich people to live in the sun and make more money. He can go to LA, try to take down the Warriors and worst case scenario... he just can't, they are arguably one of the greatest teams assembled.

iBUCKEYE
  • iBUCKEYE

Die Hard is a Christmas movie

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by iBUCKEYE, 3 weeks ago.

I know he‘ll stay in Cleveland...

I mean I think he‘ll stay in Cleveland...

I mean I hope he stays in Cleveland...

Please don‘t leave Cleveland...

--Cleveland fans

Funktipus
  • Funktipus

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 3 weeks ago

I know he‘ll stay in Cleveland...

I mean I think he‘ll stay in Cleveland...

I mean I hope he stays in Cleveland...

Please don‘t leave Cleveland...

--Cleveland fans

At least you got a ring and wonderful memories of the LeBron era.

Put yourself in my shoes......I haven't seen a championship since 1973, and my team is the laughingstock of the NBA. Dan Gilbert is a genius compared to James Dolan.

• Luna 51 likes this

feckyerlife
  • feckyerlife

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

DOOM!
  • DOOM!

yessir

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

Don't know why MJ responded... people dig into Lavar, and it only makes me laugh. Funny thing is I know people who hate this dude but like other higher figures, who act just like Lavar, and accept it. Oh well, I'll enjoy this roller coaster of ride called BBB.

GTA3Rockstar
  • GTA3Rockstar

--------------------

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Lifetime Achievement Award
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 2 weeks ago

Whatever Lavar's plan is, it's probably working. Lol💩

Funktipus
  • Funktipus

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 2 weeks ago

Whatever Lavar's plan is, it's probably working. Lol

Responding to LaVar is just feeding the beast. He's winning.

DOOM!
  • DOOM!

yessir

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by DOOM!, 2 weeks ago.

Winning is a understatement. If Lonzo Ball pans out to be a good player, this could be the beginning of a 'make your own brand' era. This dude (Lavar) attracts nothing but attention even though his son is a top pick in the NBA draft. Lonzo seems so cool, calm and collective about the situation, and I respect that. I hate the Lakers but I hope Lonzo can prove haters wrong and be the player he is projected to be. "haters" would be like 50% of his dads fault though.

TheFranchise
  • TheFranchise

Snitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

Noticed a while back that the association is putting ads on jerseys now. What an abomination. Seriously. That's one of things I've always enjoyed about our sports leagues. NO ADS. It was aesthetic. Now the ads stick out like a sore thumb. At the very least COLOR CODE them to match the jersey colors.

Zello
  • Zello

Hired gun

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by Zello, 2 weeks ago.

Nike really ruined the uniforms have you seen the new Cavs uni's? They look terrible.

• iBUCKEYE likes this

feckyerlife
  • feckyerlife

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

Noticed a while back that the association is putting ads on jerseys now. What an abomination. Seriously. That's one of things I've always enjoyed about our sports leagues. NO ADS. It was aesthetic. Now the ads stick out like a sore thumb. At the very least COLOR CODE them to match the jersey colors.

http://www.businessi...-by-qualtrics-7

philadelphia-76ers-and-stubhub.jpg

here-is-what-the-nets-jerseys-looked-lik

boston-celtics-and-general-electric.jpg

cleveland-cavaliers-and-goodyear.jpg

Funktipus
  • Funktipus

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 6 days ago

I hope the Knicks aren't serious about trading Porzingis so they can unload Noah's contract. Unfortunately, it's something their clueless front office would do.

http://www.nydailyne...ticle-1.3414336

DOOM!
  • DOOM!

yessir

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 9 hours ago

Kyrie to the Knicks for Isiah/package. It will be fun seeing Thomas and LeBron playing together and to see if Kyrie can fill the void. They basically just swap really good scorers.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users