Photo

How to add a flying car

6 replies to this topic
SomeGuy86
  • SomeGuy86

Dodo Pilot

• Members

Posted 02 July 2012 - 10:24 PM

First of all, I do realize GTA3 has been around for 10 years now, & I do know most ppl are no longer interested in modding it. But either way, here's a tutorial on how to add a flyable vehicle WITHOUT replacing Dodo and/or using flying Rhino cheat!

You're going to need a car... You can either use a mod, or any of the original GTA cars, it doesn't really matter. What matters is that you assign "154" ID number to your new vehicle. That's pretty much it, as the game will take care of everything else wink.gif

Just install it as you would install any other vehicle mod and don't forget to add COL model & data entries, if you're adding a new vehicle!

CODE
150, ghost, ghost, boat, PREDATOR, GHOST, ignore, 1, 7, 0
154, delorean, delorean, car, MRWONGS, DELOREA, ignore, 10, 7, 0, 89, 0.72

This particular vehicle will behave like an ordinary car at lower speed and will take off like Dodo at higher speed. HOWEVER, it's not being controlled like a Dodo plane which makes it much easier to navigate, even to land properly.

user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image

You can use this car to fly between the islands, or to reach remote, distant locations such as Miss Liberty, Lakeside Island, or any other map mod that you might be using.
Feel free to ask any questions & enjoy re-exploring Liberty City all over again smile.gif
  • RacingFreak likes this

chrismartin4u
  • chrismartin4u

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 July 2012 - 01:43 PM

That's really good to know this cheat code. I also have on "bangbangbang": To destroy the all vehicles around you.

SomeGuy86
  • SomeGuy86

Dodo Pilot

• Members

Posted 17 August 2012 - 07:29 AM

QUOTE (chrismartin4u @ Friday, Jul 13 2012, 13:43)
That's really good to know this cheat code. I also have on "bangbangbang": To destroy the all vehicles around you.

This isn't a cheat code... It's an error, or leftover of some kind, so my guess is that they've been meaning to add a 2nd plane but they took it out.

bammargera
  • bammargera

Just Call Me Rob, Its Easier That Way

• Members

Posted 17 August 2012 - 08:27 PM

Could we maybe see a video, and would this work on the 10th anniversary version of GTA3?

SomeGuy86
  • SomeGuy86

Dodo Pilot

• Members

Posted 18 August 2012 - 12:11 AM

QUOTE (bammargera @ Friday, Aug 17 2012, 20:27)
Could we maybe see a video, and would this work on the 10th anniversary version of GTA3?

You mean the mobile version? IDK, good point... All my testing was done on the original GTA3, from 2001 (PC, of course)

And no, I don't have any videos yet. Didn't think I'd need one, since it's really easy to test this, all you have to do is change the ID number of a certain car (or add a completely new one) and you'll have a flying car smile.gif

I found this by accident few years ago, when I was adding new vehicles into the game. GTA3 can support up to 9 additional models, but 3 of them are not usable. 1 is obviously this one, "flying" car, while the other 2 are just not working... Cars are spawning in traffic, and driving around, but the moment you touch them (or enter one of them) they get stuck, as if they're too heavy & not capable to move.

Furthermore, I have to point out that the flying car will also spawn in traffic normally & will behave like any other car, until you either touch and/or crash into it, or try to open the door.

Frank.s
  • Frank.s

• The Yardies

Posted 18 August 2012 - 12:31 AM

QUOTE (SomeGuy86 @ Saturday, Aug 18 2012, 00:11)
Furthermore, I have to point out that the flying car will also spawn in traffic normally & will behave like any other car, until you either touch and/or crash into it, or try to open the door.

That's disable-able by editing the default.ide line. icon14.gif

SomeGuy86
  • SomeGuy86

Dodo Pilot

• Members

Posted 18 August 2012 - 12:44 AM

QUOTE (Frank.s @ Saturday, Aug 18 2012, 00:31)
QUOTE (SomeGuy86 @ Saturday, Aug 18 2012, 00:11)

That's disable-able by editing the default.ide line. icon14.gif

Of course, yes I know. What I wanted to say is that the car will behave like any other, until you crash into it, or touch it. But otherwise it can be set to "ignore", if you don't want Liberty City to be full of flying cars colgate.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users