Photo

Car Alarm

39 replies to this topic
mvega0422
  • mvega0422

educated, dedicated, underestimated

• Members

Posted 30 June 2012 - 09:51 PM

At the vehicle customization garage in Los Santos, you can purchase an upgrade called "Car alarm & GPS". If you buy this feature, your car can now be locked (hold L3) and if it's locked, it will now show up on your map as a blip. This also makes your car permanent in the game world, (so if you leave it on one side of the map, you will find it there when you come back.) The trick is that things can happen to it -- what if someone hits it and destroys it? what if a carjacker steals it? If your car gets stolen, you will see it moving across the map as a blip. Between 36 and 48 hours after the theft, however, the thieves will have removed the GPS and you will have a tough time finding the car again. If you do lose a car to a carjacking, it will spawn throughout the city as a very rare vehicle spawn until it's stolen or destroyed again, in which case it truly does disappear.

Opinions?

Vinewood Land
  • Vinewood Land

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 June 2012 - 09:52 PM

If someone would steal my car in GTA... I would steal another one, exactly the same. So there's no need for this smile.gif

Vanzant
  • Vanzant

EZ5

• United-States

Posted 30 June 2012 - 09:55 PM

Why would you leave your car at the side of the map if you gave a sh*t about it?

WasabiPopcorn
  • WasabiPopcorn

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 June 2012 - 09:57 PM

That's actually a cool idea. +1

ThisThatSwag
  • ThisThatSwag

Jordan's on my feet. GTA in my Xbox. Only the best.

• Members

Posted 30 June 2012 - 09:57 PM

I like but you went way to far. The taking the gps out is really stupid IMO. And it should only rarely be stolen depending on its value. I like the locking and it appearing as a blip. If it blows up there should be a "car insurance" sort of thing where you can get your full customized beauty back.

Revolution-XW
  • Revolution-XW

LuisWayne

• Members

Posted 30 June 2012 - 09:58 PM

I agree.

I'd like to have this feature in the game, more fun things to do, IMO.

iCaramelBird
  • iCaramelBird

R* Y U NO GIVE US GTA V?

• Members

Posted 30 June 2012 - 10:17 PM

It'd be useful biggrin.gif

wwinterj
  • wwinterj

Boss

• Members

Posted 30 June 2012 - 10:30 PM

I like this idea a lot but I imagine myself not bothering getting my car back if I'm busy with a mission. tounge2.gif

Pilotmonkey
  • Pilotmonkey

BBQ SAUUUUUUCCCEEE

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 June 2012 - 10:38 PM

good. Now i can park my car inside a burger shot and not give a damn about leaving it

ezeekaY
  • ezeekaY

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 30 June 2012 - 10:41 PM

EPIC! I'd also love for the car to get dirty over time e.g. in game hours/if i drive it on dirty areas.

ThisIsHorosho
  • ThisIsHorosho

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 June 2012 - 10:44 PM

i like it how it sounds!...it also opens up possibility of mini-game like having to get your car back from thieves like mini-mission or something...each time car is stolen you have to take it back from random location!...

HeNDo6750
  • HeNDo6750

Soldier

• Members

Posted 30 June 2012 - 10:50 PM Edited by HeNDo6750, 30 June 2012 - 11:01 PM.

Good idea, and whenever someone tries to steal your car, your custom alarm would go off. And if this does feature in the game, then I will buy the loudest alarm you could buy in the game, but only if R* does this, which I think they should.

Like for example the same level of noise as the Mercedes 600 grosser car horn

Pilotmonkey
  • Pilotmonkey

BBQ SAUUUUUUCCCEEE

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 June 2012 - 10:51 PM

Planting a bomb on it then blowing up theives while driving it

Pilotmonkey
  • Pilotmonkey

BBQ SAUUUUUUCCCEEE

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 June 2012 - 10:53 PM

Maybe you can activate your car by your phone? Car alarm,lights,unlock,Locating your car(By lights i mean outside you car)

ThisIsHorosho
  • ThisIsHorosho

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 June 2012 - 10:56 PM

QUOTE (Pilotmonkey @ Saturday, Jun 30 2012, 22:53)
Maybe you can activate your car by your phone? Car alarm,lights,unlock,Locating your car(By lights i mean outside you car)

i hate it when people double post...i mean its not like we don't have "edit" button... confused.gif

Rolf Harris
  • Rolf Harris

Always watching... rarely posting.

• Members

Posted 30 June 2012 - 10:56 PM

It is an interesting feature -- could get a little mundane if say, for example, your vehicle was constantly being jacked. Then again, that is why we should have a garage to save them. +1 to your idea, good sir.

iCaramelBird
  • iCaramelBird

R* Y U NO GIVE US GTA V?

• Members

Posted 30 June 2012 - 11:14 PM

QUOTE (Rolf Harris @ Saturday, Jun 30 2012, 22:56)
It is an interesting feature -- could get a little mundane if say, for example, your vehicle was constantly being jacked. Then again, that is why we should have a garage to save them. +1 to your idea, good sir.

But now the entire map is our garage devil.gif

Also robbers should be rare.

baguvix_wanrltw
  • baguvix_wanrltw

Cynical, yeah. Bitter, probably.

• Members

Posted 30 June 2012 - 11:32 PM

Nice, thought out idea.

Unfortunately I think it's a little late for R* to implement anything like this unless they have done it already; so this'll most likely only be a good idea for an upcoming V mod, and it'll probably be very hard to mod something like this in.

KeithoMahony
  • KeithoMahony

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 30 June 2012 - 11:37 PM

QUOTE (mvega0422 @ Saturday, Jun 30 2012, 21:51)
At the vehicle customization garage in Los Santos, you can purchase an upgrade called "Car alarm & GPS". If you buy this feature, your car can now be locked (hold L3) and if it's locked, it will now show up on your map as a blip. This also makes your car permanent in the game world, (so if you leave it on one side of the map, you will find it there when you come back.) The trick is that things can happen to it -- what if someone hits it and destroys it? what if a carjacker steals it? If your car gets stolen, you will see it moving across the map as a blip. Between 36 and 48 hours after the theft, however, the thieves will have removed the GPS and you will have a tough time finding the car again. If you do lose a car to a carjacking, it will spawn throughout the city as a very rare vehicle spawn until it's stolen or destroyed again, in which case it truly does disappear.

Opinions?

This reminds me of roleplay servers on samp, thats a good thing. Great Idea

BrunoLK
  • BrunoLK

Prank caller, prank caller!!

• Members

Posted 30 June 2012 - 11:47 PM

QUOTE (KeithoMahony @ Sunday, Jul 1 2012, 00:37)
QUOTE (mvega0422 @ Saturday, Jun 30 2012, 21:51)
At the vehicle customization garage in Los Santos, you can purchase an upgrade called "Car alarm & GPS".  If you buy this feature, your car can now be locked (hold L3) and if it's locked, it will now show up on your map as a blip.  This also makes your car permanent in the game world, (so if you leave it on one side of the map, you will find it there when you come back.)  The trick is that things can happen to it -- what if someone hits it and destroys it? what if a carjacker steals it?  If your car gets stolen, you will see it moving across the map as a blip. Between 36 and 48 hours after the theft, however, the thieves will have removed the GPS and you will have a tough time finding the car again.  If you do lose a car to a carjacking, it will spawn throughout the city as a very rare vehicle spawn until it's stolen or destroyed again, in which case it truly does disappear.

Opinions?

This reminds me of roleplay servers on samp, thats a good thing. Great Idea

This.

It would be very useful for multiplayer games. That is, if there is car customization.

ForumName
  • ForumName

Trick

• Members

Posted 30 June 2012 - 11:49 PM

Love the idea, but you probably wouldn't use it much...If you cared about your car enough to pay to have this put on it you'd keep it in your garage/never let it leave your sight. Not to mention you can always find another one. Still like it though, would be a fun mini-game to catch the robbers without damaging your car.

KeithoMahony
  • KeithoMahony

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 01 July 2012 - 12:05 AM

I used to hate how you would sometimes lose your car when going to a mission.

You would pull up in your new car, park it outside, start the mission, then have to drive a different car.

This would solve this problem.

packardcaribien
  • packardcaribien

Let's blow some *&%# Up!

• Members

Posted 01 July 2012 - 12:05 AM

If someone would steal my car in GTA... I would steal another one, exactly the same. So there's no need for this

Have you ever tried to find a rare car again after it disappears? An Admiral or an Inferneus (in GTA IV) for example? You're pretty much screwed.

Why would you leave your car at the side of the map if you gave a sh*t about it?

What if a mission requires you use a different car? What if you randomly started a police mission? What if you needed to evade cops on foot? What if you died, especially while on a mission?

azali10
  • azali10

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 01 July 2012 - 12:16 AM

Or instead of that, your car that you save in your garage respawns there when you lose it or it gets destroyed. Easy and convenient.

packardcaribien
  • packardcaribien

Let's blow some *&%# Up!

• Members

Posted 01 July 2012 - 12:17 AM

QUOTE (azali10 @ Sunday, Jul 1 2012, 00:16)
Or instead of that, your car that you save in your garage respawns there when you lose it or it gets destroyed. Easy and convenient.

And arcadey, and copied from Saints Row.

ThisIsHorosho
  • ThisIsHorosho

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 July 2012 - 12:21 AM

QUOTE (packardcaribien @ Sunday, Jul 1 2012, 00:17)

realistic or not, but i actually agree with what he said it was simple and yet very handy...also there has been car delievery number in a cell phone in SR2, which was cool unlockable feature!

iCaramelBird
  • iCaramelBird

R* Y U NO GIVE US GTA V?

• Members

Posted 01 July 2012 - 12:23 AM

Oh yeah you know because GTA 3, Vice City and SA all came out way before Saints Row 1. But yeah a total rip-off.

lazy.
  • lazy.

could you PLEASE stop using that f*cking blue font?!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 July 2012 - 12:28 AM Edited by LazyboyEight, 01 July 2012 - 12:34 AM.

Can I get an alarm like this one? XD

Edit: At Pilotmonkey.. You're too late. I've already posted an FG video. tounge.gif Mine was the gay car alarm though lol.

Pilotmonkey
  • Pilotmonkey

BBQ SAUUUUUUCCCEEE

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 July 2012 - 12:32 AM

if anyone takes my car i want this

packardcaribien
  • packardcaribien

Let's blow some *&%# Up!

• Members

Posted 01 July 2012 - 02:30 AM

QUOTE (iCaramelBird @ Sunday, Jul 1 2012, 00:23)

Oh yeah you know because GTA 3, Vice City and SA all came out way before Saints Row 1. But yeah a total rip-off.

The cars don't respawn in those games, genius.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users