• This topic is locked This topic is locked
32 replies to this topic
A J
  • A J

Damned

• BUSTED!
  • Wales

Posted 09 July 2012 - 04:54 PM

QUOTE (The Grove @ Monday, Jul 9 2012, 14:34)
QUOTE (nic_23 @ Monday, Jul 9 2012, 00:46)
aj has put some great ideas and points across, but why make it annual? its not going to be a big thing? just a little medel icon in the persons profile when you click on it. and it can be totally seperate to the main forum awards. as for the icon it can be a standard bronze/silver/gold medal or a custom medal made by the event founder. are those some good ideas? smile.gif

as for the argument of weather the event is official im sure the mods can decide if its an overnight event or the real deal. who knows you could even put someone incharge to run this like doc or maybe a normal member smile.gif

We'll your talking about giving busy people more sh*t do, no one would be a big fan of that.

Having an annual award or two is more than I really expected to actually happen. I'd say you would be lucky if they made an official event where you could play each game like SA:MP, GTA IV, BoGT, or TLaD (on PC, XBOX, and PS3) and they gave out a medal for winning the event annually.
I'd quit while your ahead with this one, could be a good deal if they come through turn.gif

You're right to be honest.

It is best to keep it to a minimum at first, if successful then perhaps more could follow, but I'm pleased to see there is some serious consideration for this suggestion, unlike the time I suggested 'remove add new topic' in the gang section biggrin.gif smile.gif

Crimson Flam3s
  • Crimson Flam3s

Live Free or Die Trying

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 July 2012 - 10:55 PM

since mods work really hard to keep this place nice and clean wink.gif here is an idea so they don't waste too much time in the many events gtaforums has:

Why don't the gangs/players participating in the event choose a group of people who will keep up with the winners/awards and then just ask the mods for permission to create and implement those medals etc instead of the mods keeping up with results, winners etc etc. And there could be some rules like a certain amount of players/gangs have to participate to have the right to win medals, that way it won't have to be done on every single small competition and players can't abuse it.

Just my 2 cents on the matter icon14.gif

anuj
  • anuj

iconic

• Inactive Staff
  • None

Posted 10 July 2012 - 03:16 AM

I've run out of patience. I'm sorry, none of you get any medals. If you want to compete, do it for the sake of competing and not pixelated gold circles and crosses.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users