Modding GTAIV on PS3 now possible?

298 replies to this topic
Big-_-t0ny
  • Big-_-t0ny

Twitch.tv/Big_t0ny

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 July 2012 - 11:47 PM

QUOTE (Ethereal_NYC @ Tuesday, Jul 3 2012, 00:07)
I laugh at big tony saying we should only play private games. that logic is assanine.

Yeah my statement is pretty backwards, but GTA IV's pretty much over, I know thousands still play but the game has been out for 4 years and is no longer supported by R* - they are worried about V, and MP3, which they have had lots of trouble with PC modders in the first month of release! At the end of the day everyone who loves GTA IV MP has found a lot of friends and knows who to play with to have fun, I haven't been in a public game more than once this year i believe, and i play it fairly often and have tonnes of fun. Anyway this is what I think, everyone has the right to feel the way they do. icon14.gif

Also the PS3 trainer seems a bit crap anyway, i would play PC version for mods any day, and in matter of fact i made my very own Skyscraper raceway in this vid! cool.gif

Turbo Lag
  • Turbo Lag

Name Them and Shame Them in my Respect List.

• Members

Posted 03 July 2012 - 01:02 AM

QUOTE (The Grove @ Tuesday, Jul 3 2012, 06:56)
lol thank you my point exactly Tony. Only fun intentions in that game.

@Turbo Fag: That video is from like 2009 and I wasn't even the one modding... I found some guy who was lol. Stupid sh*t.

I can't tell if you're completely naive or still (attempting to) troll. I never said I was against modding. I said I was against people using it unfairly. If everyone was on a level playing field, where everybody was modding, that would be a completely different story. And you think I didn't realise it wasn't you modding? nervous.gif The irony is astounding.

Crimson Flam3s
  • Crimson Flam3s

Live Free or Die Trying

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 July 2012 - 01:08 AM

QUOTE (Turbo Lag @ Tuesday, Jul 3 2012, 01:02)

@Turbo Fag: That video is from like 2009 and I wasn't even the one modding... I found some guy who was lol. Stupid sh*t.

I can't tell if you're completely naive or still (attempting to) troll. I never said I was against modding. I said I was against people using it unfairly. If everyone was on a level playing field, where everybody was modding, that would be a completely different story. And you think I didn't realise it wasn't you modding? nervous.gif The irony is astounding.

Lol I agree with you. I don't hate mods but we know 90% of them will use it unfairly against others confused.gif

Ill be buying a new pc soon, might get gta 4 and MAYBE mod some single player aspects but I wouldn't go online knifing people halfway acroos the map, it's just retarded notify.gif

Turbo Lag
  • Turbo Lag

• Members

Posted 03 July 2012 - 01:30 AM

QUOTE (Crimson Flam3s @ Tuesday, Jul 3 2012, 12:08)
QUOTE (Turbo Lag @ Tuesday, Jul 3 2012, 01:02)

Lol I agree with you. I don't hate mods but we know 90% of them will use it unfairly against others confused.gif

Ill be buying a new pc soon, might get gta 4 and MAYBE mod some single player aspects but I wouldn't go online knifing people halfway acroos the map, it's just retarded notify.gif

Modding GTA can be great fun, I've used plenty of mods on the PC version, but only ever in private servers with my friends. It's great that it lets you tweak aspects of the game that you usually can't, and for the fact that it can be used to spawn whatever you want, whenever you want, wherever you want. But like I keep saying, it's when the playing field becomes uneven and people abuse it. Then it becomes a problem (which it already has).

A J
  • A J

Damned Brotherhood [DAMN]

• Members
  • Wales
  • Best Event 2012 [Gang Wars]

Posted 03 July 2012 - 02:44 AM

I like Ethereals take on it, perhaps some modders could even add to the enjoyment and bring in some new things to try, like the PC group The Lost MC does, but I just fear mods are simply going to end up in the hands of players that only enjoying doing one thing, screwing up other people's enjoyment.

Ethereal_NYC
  • Ethereal_NYC

Hustler

• Members

Posted 03 July 2012 - 02:59 AM

QUOTE (Big-_-t0ny @ Monday, Jul 2 2012, 23:47)

Yeah my statement is pretty backwards, but GTA IV's pretty much over, I know thousands still play but the game has been out for 4 years and is no longer supported by R* - they are worried about V, and MP3, which they have had lots of trouble with PC modders in the first month of release! At the end of the day everyone who loves GTA IV MP has found a lot of friends and knows who to play with to have fun, I haven't been in a public game more than once this year i believe, and i play it fairly often and have tonnes of fun. Anyway this is what I think, everyone has the right to feel the way they do. icon14.gif

Also the PS3 trainer seems a bit crap anyway, i would play PC version for mods any day, and in matter of fact i made my very own Skyscraper raceway in this vid! cool.gif

we are not ready to accept he fact GTA is over, it just got new life into it in the last 6-8 months.

an influx of players have joined (I think sine news of GTAV is spreading)

anyways I see your position but you gotta see mine. I'm the opposite, I LOVE private games w/friends but I usually play public because of reasons listed. I do play a lotta private matches though.

that track was awesome. the parts where it narrowed out by use of the truck trailers was smart. also loved the jump onto the bank.

I noticed everyone uses skatepark ramps......wouldn't it be possible to rotate the ramps so that you can drive on the flatside?

a couple of ramps paralell to each other would be a nice flat road.

if someone wants to PM me some details I can try to install this stuff and start creating special matches/rooms for everyone.

one thing I noticed is if the modder leaves the room the objects still stay but some of them dissapear or glitch.

smh @ me driving the 747 into a building and getting it stuck nose first halfway.

I actually had to hop out and the plane stayed wedged in. suicidal.gif

Turbo Lag
  • Turbo Lag

• Members

Posted 03 July 2012 - 03:12 AM

Came across another one, PSN: sithsocksll This guy was completely going for it, spawning things left and right, obviously not being able to be killed, etc. Ruined an entire server. Thanks, prick. R.I.P GTA IV Multiplayer.

T0X1C
  • T0X1C

Carry on My Wayward Son

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 03 July 2012 - 08:14 AM Edited by Mm9090, 03 July 2012 - 08:39 AM.

I don't mind if they stick to free mode, they just better not bring their sh*t to CnC. I don't think it will be too much of a problem but u never know with some ppl angry.gif i'd like to see this on free mode, its cool if done just for fun Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif

T0X1C
  • T0X1C

Carry on My Wayward Son

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 03 July 2012 - 08:25 AM

inevitably its going to be used for cheating tho, hope someone like sony or the psn does something to ban these f*ckers sign-yee.gif

Turbo Lag
  • Turbo Lag

• Members

Posted 03 July 2012 - 08:47 AM

Wow this guy is a piece of crap, was playing with him before and it looked like he was modding, but now confirmed for sure. PSN: oC_zUnKnOwNx

T0X1C
  • T0X1C

Carry on My Wayward Son

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 03 July 2012 - 08:48 AM

QUOTE (Turbo Lag @ Tuesday, Jul 3 2012, 08:47)
Wow this guy is a piece of crap, was playing with him before and it looked like he was modding, but now confirmed for sure. PSN: oC_zUnKnOwNx

is this the grove?

Turbo Lag
  • Turbo Lag

• Members

Posted 03 July 2012 - 08:51 AM

QUOTE (Mm9090 @ Tuesday, Jul 3 2012, 19:48)
QUOTE (Turbo Lag @ Tuesday, Jul 3 2012, 08:47)

is this the grove?

Nope, I've not played with The Grove at all. I won't comment on people until I actually see them using mods online. The people I'm stating are just the ones I actually see, and can confirm are using mods. Obviously, all of them are being reported to PSN.

EL_FUGA
  • EL_FUGA

THE DAMNED

• Members
  • Nauru

Posted 03 July 2012 - 08:52 AM

Modders are Ok in CnC, as long as they stick to Auto-Aim.

They could implement an Auto-Driving mod aswell, so that it could be even better for lazy auto-laimers.

T0X1C
  • T0X1C

Carry on My Wayward Son

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 03 July 2012 - 08:57 AM Edited by Mm9090, 03 July 2012 - 10:53 AM.

QUOTE (The Grove @ Sunday, Jul 1 2012, 17:21)
Well if none of you have a real counter argument, I'll just posts some videos of me modding, enjoy  lol.gif

Releasing to public soon, works on all game modes, public and private, even on the DLC.
We are going to intentionally destroy GTA smile.gif

What a sad sad little man smile.gif I'm sure we are all trembling under the shadow of your cyber power rolleyes.gif yeah umm no... maybe you can create a mod where u don't die a virgin, or maybe thats just not possible confused.gif

A J
  • A J

Damned Brotherhood [DAMN]

• Members
  • Wales
  • Best Event 2012 [Gang Wars]

Posted 03 July 2012 - 09:38 AM

QUOTE (EL_FUGA @ Tuesday, Jul 3 2012, 08:52)

They could implement an Auto-Driving mod aswell, so that it could be even better for lazy auto-laimers.

ajbns87 likes this icon14.gif tounge2.gif

Keep naming and shaming turbo lag icon14.gif

Crimson Flam3s
  • Crimson Flam3s

Live Free or Die Trying

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 July 2012 - 02:42 PM

QUOTE (Mm9090 @ Tuesday, Jul 3 2012, 08:57)
maybe you can create a mod where u don't die a virgin, or maybe thats just not possible confused.gif

lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif

Ethereal_NYC
  • Ethereal_NYC

Hustler

• Members

Posted 03 July 2012 - 03:44 PM Edited by Ethereal_NYC, 03 July 2012 - 03:46 PM.

QUOTE (EL_FUGA @ Tuesday, Jul 3 2012, 08:52)

lol.gif

what's funny is last night I killed a driver in FM 3 times (he tried 2 shoot/run me over) and then he said I had an AIM BOT

lol.gif

and yo AJ I'm already on the mission if you catch my drift

coldmurda
  • coldmurda

̡̱͐̈́͋ͦͮ̎͊̒R

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 July 2012 - 07:35 PM Edited by The Grove, 03 July 2012 - 07:40 PM.

QUOTE (Ethereal_NYC @ Monday, Jul 2 2012, 21:59)
we are not ready to accept he fact GTA is over, it just got new life into it in the last 6-8 months.

anyways I see your position but you gotta see mine. I'm the opposite, I LOVE private games w/friends but I usually play public because of reasons listed. I do play a lotta private matches though.

that track was awesome. the parts where it narrowed out by use of the truck trailers was smart. also loved the jump onto the bank.

I noticed everyone uses skatepark ramps......wouldn't  it be possible to rotate the ramps so that you can drive on the flatside?

if someone wants to PM me some details I can try to install this stuff and start creating special matches/rooms for everyone.

one thing I noticed is if the modder leaves the room the objects still stay but some of them dissapear or glitch.

smh @ me driving the 747 into a building and getting it stuck nose first halfway.   

I actually had to hop out and the plane stayed wedged in.   suicidal.gif

my two cents;
People can complain and call whatever they want "cheating" whether it be turbos, corner shooting, modding, lag switching, glitches, or anything in between.
Even something you do Ethereal, time and time again, which takes an unfair advantage upon the standard gaming community, which is you get these games a week or so earlier than everyone else. But that's justified..? Why? You get a week to finish the story, then start leveling up in MP while we are all behind?

I'm not actually ranting on the subject, just giving you a point of view. We all do things differently in order to have fun. I really don't care what people say or think of me, I get death threats half the time when I'm not even personally doing anything to that person, I could be spawning a car in Alderny, and I kid at the airport will *try* to send a report to Sony. Even you children on this forum, who by the way are clearly not old enough, nor mature enough for the Grand Theft Auto Series let alone a rated M game, give me hate mail and death wishes.

Even if your game is ruined, and you lost CnC 2-0 by a player who was teleporting with God Mode, its not like he took anything away from you, he just annoyed you for 5 minutes. You can leave and join another. The modding community is very smart atm. And even if it was big, its not worth complaining about, because time and time again I tell you this, it is just a game that your mom bought you for christmas 4 years ago.

Edit: Thats funny, I actually know oC_zUnKnOwNx, he made my MW2 Lobbies and has modded with me on IV biggrin.gif
And if what you say is true Turbo Lag, you will never have the privilege of reporting me, because I only mod in private FMs at the moment tounge.gif

UberChargedCJ
  • UberChargedCJ

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 July 2012 - 07:45 PM

QUOTE (The Grove @ Sunday, Jul 1 2012, 17:21)
Well if none of you have a real counter argument, I'll just posts some videos of me modding, enjoy lol.gif

Releasing to public soon, works on all game modes, public and private, even on the DLC.
We are going to intentionally destroy GTA smile.gif

i hope i dont see this when im on multiplayer

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

Looks like the diversion worked!

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 03 July 2012 - 07:55 PM

QUOTE (The Grove @ Tuesday, Jul 3 2012, 19:35)
it is just a game that your mom bought you for christmas 4 years ago.

I didn't buy it to play with pussy ass modders.

SARDYNA108
  • SARDYNA108

Spammaster

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 03 July 2012 - 08:47 PM

QUOTE (The Grove @ Tuesday, Jul 3 2012, 19:35)
Even if your game is ruined, and you lost CnC 2-0 by a player who was teleporting with God Mode, its not like he took anything away from you, he just annoyed you for 5 minutes. You can leave and join another.

Bullsh*t. Right here, right now there is a kid on GTA IV PC who jumps from server to server and crash everyones game with fatall error. I can "leave and join another" ? Just to get my game crashed again after few mins?

We all do things differently in order to have fun.

Im sure thats his meaning of "fun".

I agree that everyone should take care of his own fun but ugly creatures such as yourself should be removed from the game so the others can have fun too, not only you.

You can have as much fun as you want as long as your fun doesnt ruin other peoples fun than you should be banned

Turbo Lag
  • Turbo Lag

• Members

Posted 04 July 2012 - 01:48 AM

QUOTE (The Grove @ Wednesday, Jul 4 2012, 06:35)
QUOTE (Ethereal_NYC @ Monday, Jul 2 2012, 21:59)

I noticed everyone uses skatepark ramps......wouldn't  it be possible to rotate the ramps so that you can drive on the flatside?

I actually had to hop out and the plane stayed wedged in.   suicidal.gif

my two cents;
People can complain and call whatever they want "cheating" whether it be turbos, corner shooting, modding, lag switching, glitches, or anything in between.
Even something you do Ethereal, time and time again, which takes an unfair advantage upon the standard gaming community, which is you get these games a week or so earlier than everyone else. But that's justified..? Why? You get a week to finish the story, then start leveling up in MP while we are all behind?

I'm not actually ranting on the subject, just giving you a point of view. We all do things differently in order to have fun. I really don't care what people say or think of me, I get death threats half the time when I'm not even personally doing anything to that person, I could be spawning a car in Alderny, and I kid at the airport will *try* to send a report to Sony. Even you children on this forum, who by the way are clearly not old enough, nor mature enough for the Grand Theft Auto Series let alone a rated M game, give me hate mail and death wishes.

Even if your game is ruined, and you lost CnC 2-0 by a player who was teleporting with God Mode, its not like he took anything away from you, he just annoyed you for 5 minutes. You can leave and join another. The modding community is very smart atm. And even if it was big, its not worth complaining about, because time and time again I tell you this, it is just a game that your mom bought you for christmas 4 years ago.

Edit: Thats funny, I actually know oC_zUnKnOwNx, he made my MW2 Lobbies and has modded with me on IV biggrin.gif
And if what you say is true Turbo Lag, you will never have the privilege of reporting me, because I only mod in private FMs at the moment tounge.gif

I have no reason to report you, I honestly couldn't care less if you're modding in private servers. I think it's completely fine if you're doing it on your own or only with other who you know, or have the mods too. Like I keep saying, it's only when people use it unfairly. Then it's a problem. I have no problem with you personally and have no reason to go against you only, it's just that you're the only one modding here, more rather. It's not like I go around finding reasons to report people, and I will stick by "innocent until proven cheater."

ugotsmoked
  • ugotsmoked

THE PARTY CRASHER

• Wanted
  • None

Posted 04 July 2012 - 02:43 AM

QUOTE (DarkKingBernard @ Tuesday, Jul 3 2012, 19:55)
I didn't buy it to play with pussy ass modders.

Amen brotha!

coldmurda
  • coldmurda

̡̱͐̈́͋ͦͮ̎͊̒R

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 July 2012 - 03:34 AM

QUOTE (Turbo Lag @ Tuesday, Jul 3 2012, 20:48)
I have no reason to report you, I honestly couldn't care less if you're modding in private servers. I think it's completely fine if you're doing it on your own or only with other who you know, or have the mods too. Like I keep saying, it's only when people use it unfairly. Then it's a problem. I have no problem with you personally and have no reason to go against you only, it's just that you're the only one modding here, more rather. It's not like I go around finding reasons to report people, and I will stick by "innocent until proven cheater."

I wish everyone else could stick by your logic in this topic but they seem to think this whole thing is a witch hunt. If you haven't noticed this little kids in this thread, and on this forum can't comprehend the fact that modding can be a good thing. I don't know if its jealousy that brings them to so much anger, because they know they will never have the money nor the knowledge to mod PS3.

Or maybe there just simple minded. Yeah, I think its that.

tj11
  • tj11

★ ★ ★ ★ ★

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 July 2012 - 03:59 AM

QUOTE (The Grove @ Wednesday, Jul 4 2012, 13:34)
QUOTE (Turbo Lag @ Tuesday, Jul 3 2012, 20:48)

I wish everyone else could stick by your logic in this topic but they seem to think this whole thing is a witch hunt. If you haven't noticed this little kids in this thread, and on this forum can't comprehend the fact that modding can be a good thing. I don't know if its jealousy that brings them to so much anger, because they know they will never have the money nor the knowledge to mod PS3.

Firstly, modding is unfair and against the ToS that you agreed to when you made a PSN account.
Then there's this...
We are going to intentionally destroy GTA

You are nothing but a pathetic troll.
However, the moderators here at GTAF obviuosly don't give a flying f*ck about any of this, or you'd have been banned by now.
So go ahead and do/say whatever you like, because the moderators are either useless, or just couldn't care less. icon13.gif

Crimson Flam3s
  • Crimson Flam3s

Live Free or Die Trying

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 July 2012 - 04:12 AM

QUOTE (The Grove @ Wednesday, Jul 4 2012, 03:34)
because they know they will never have the money nor the knowledge to mod PS3.

lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif

As I already said I don't care if you mod as long as you don't sh*t on everyone else, but lol at your post, you think you are the sh*t just for modding a ps3? lol these modders think they are from another planet with super stupidtelligence with their "modding" skills.

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

Looks like the diversion worked!

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 04 July 2012 - 02:48 PM

Modding skills? Buy sh*t, look up sh*t on forums n youtube...

Mr. Reaper.
  • Mr. Reaper.

Inactive Account

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 04 July 2012 - 02:57 PM

He claims it's pathetic we are all arguing over a video game.

Admittedly to an extent that is true.

However, he's the one that makes an effort to change game files, install new codes and overall spend hours modding for a video game.

So really, who's more pathetic?

nic_23
  • nic_23

Big Homie

• Members
  • None
  • Best New Gang 2012 - High Rollers

Posted 04 July 2012 - 03:01 PM

QUOTE (Mr. Reaper. @ Wednesday, Jul 4 2012, 15:57)
He claims it's pathetic we are all arguing over a video game.

Admittedly to an extent that is true.

However, he's the one that makes an effort to change game files, install new codes and overall spend hours modding for a video game.

So really, who's more pathetic?

no he never he just jailbroke the ps3 and copied the modded game data an it gives you a menu in gta. the grove is awanker ruining gta.

nic_23
  • nic_23

Big Homie

• Members
  • None
  • Best New Gang 2012 - High Rollers

Posted 04 July 2012 - 03:15 PM Edited by nic_23, 04 July 2012 - 03:20 PM.

ah sorry for the fouble post, i got confused cause im on ps3

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users