Modding GTAIV on PS3 now possible?

298 replies to this topic
B Dawg
  • B Dawg

It's pure aggression and speed

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 June 2012 - 01:02 PM

QUOTE (nic_23 @ Saturday, Jun 30 2012, 11:34)
@thegrove carry on big head because you are making yourself look like a dick, its idiots like you that belong on xbox.

^^ Agree. Sell your PS3 and hack on XBOX.

Legacy-666_
  • Legacy-666_

Get the Gun,Get the Gun,shoot,shoot,shoot

• Members

Posted 30 June 2012 - 11:37 PM

I dont care if players mod, infact it looks like fun, but why dont they do it in a custom made match with private slots set so they can invite their friends. Using a mod to explode players or be invincible in a public game just shows how weak they must be without them. And in regards to reporting someone ,I just did it to see what response I would get from PSN.It only took about 2 minutes to do and I was pretty suprised they were so interested. In my comment I suggested they start blocking ISP addresses instead of psn accounts.I bet if they did that the modding would stop.
Oh by the way Grove cant find your psn name anywhere, care to share it.

Turbo Lag
  • Turbo Lag

Name Them and Shame Them in my Respect List.

• Members

Posted 30 June 2012 - 11:59 PM

QUOTE (The Grove @ Saturday, Jun 30 2012, 11:45)
If you can't even spell half the things you want to say, you should rethink what your doing.

Oh the irony! How about you stop attacking people for grammar and spelling and face the facts here. You may claim not to 'cheat online' (even though I think spawning vehicles and whatnot is cheating, even in FM), but the point is, that others simply don't care and will just cheat openly (such as the **** I saw yesterday). If you want to hack, it's fine by me, but just don't go into an uneven playing field. It's simply an unfair advantage, even in FM where you sometimes have some very intense battles.

coldmurda
  • coldmurda

̡̱͐̈́͋ͦͮ̎͊̒R

• Members

Posted 01 July 2012 - 03:14 AM Edited by The Grove, 01 July 2012 - 03:30 AM.

QUOTE (Turbo Lag @ Saturday, Jun 30 2012, 18:59)
If you can't even spell half the things you want to say, you should rethink what your doing.

Oh the irony! How about you stop attacking people for grammar and spelling and face the facts here. You may claim not to 'cheat online' (even though I think spawning vehicles and whatnot is cheating, even in FM), but the point is, that others simply don't care and will just cheat openly (such as the **** I saw yesterday). If you want to hack, it's fine by me, but just don't go into an uneven playing field. It's simply an unfair advantage, even in FM where you sometimes have some very intense battles.

There is a difference between not caring about your grammar and typing like a six year old who's figures barely reach a keyboard.
I signed no agreement with Rockstar saying I wouldn't modify the files presented to me in the game, if they really didn't want people touching them they would have protected their scripts like they did with the common.rpf
The idea is, I don't care what you find acceptable, in fact no one does. You are on the internet right now, further more, your are on the internet complaining about a video game. A video game that is a made up place. Do you see where this is going? You spend so much time complaining, your not even on the game itself anymore, because you want to complain about it!
To bad if a modder ruined your Cops and Crooks last Tuesday, it was a f*cking video game where your pixels got f*cked up by someone else's pixels for 10 minutes. Who do you really think is going to care? You parents? The police? Rockstar clearly doesn't give a sh*t about whiny ass holes like you. Maybe Sony if they can keep there sh*t together for 5 minutes? No, no one will be there to hold your hand. You have to do this one on your own buddy. Let it go. It was a video game, not an apocalypse.

As I have said before, you are a guest on the forum with the NUMBER ONE RESOURCE FOR THESE MODS. This is a fact. These people are some of the most respected members of the community here, they created what I have, they are at your doorstep, complain to them;

http://www.gtaforums...p?showforum=251
and good luck with that.

tj11
  • tj11

★ ★ ★ ★ ★

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 July 2012 - 04:34 AM

Here's proof that the PS3 version of GTA is also being modded. confused.gif

user posted image

I took a second pic just to prove that it is in fact PS3.

user posted image

I'm just glad that this has only started happening recently. What I witnessed today was the very first time I had seen this.
GTA IV is reaching the end of its life, but hopefully something can be done about this, regardless.

Turbo Lag
  • Turbo Lag

• Members

Posted 01 July 2012 - 08:03 AM

QUOTE (The Grove @ Sunday, Jul 1 2012, 14:14)
As I have said before, you are a guest on the forum with the NUMBER ONE RESOURCE FOR THESE MODS. This is a fact. These people are some of the most respected members of the community here, they created what I have, they are at your doorstep, complain to them;

and good luck with that.

So what you're essentially saying is, for example, if I get caught speeding in a car, it's the manufacturers fault for selling or making me the car in the first place?

Legacy-666_
  • Legacy-666_

Get the Gun,Get the Gun,shoot,shoot,shoot

• Members

Posted 01 July 2012 - 08:58 AM

QUOTE (The Grove @ Sunday, Jul 1 2012, 03:14)
and good luck with that.

[QUOTE]

TBH I dont recognise any of the names there, nor have I ever checked out the modded section before.

SARDYNA108
  • SARDYNA108

Spammaster

• Members

Posted 01 July 2012 - 11:00 AM

QUOTE (The Grove @ Sunday, Jul 1 2012, 03:14)
QUOTE (Turbo Lag @ Saturday, Jun 30 2012, 18:59)

There is a difference between not caring about your grammar and typing like a six year old who's figures barely reach a keyboard.
I signed no agreement with Rockstar saying I wouldn't modify the files presented to me in the game, if they really didn't want people touching them they would have protected their scripts like they did with the common.rpf
The idea is, I don't care what you find acceptable, in fact no one does. You are on the internet right now, further more, your are on the internet complaining about a video game. A video game that is a made up place. Do you see where this is going? You spend so much time complaining, your not even on the game itself anymore, because you want to complain about it!
To bad if a modder ruined your Cops and Crooks last Tuesday, it was a f*cking video game where your pixels got f*cked up by someone else's pixels for 10 minutes. Who do you really think is going to care? You parents? The police? Rockstar clearly doesn't give a sh*t about whiny ass holes like you. Maybe Sony if they can keep there sh*t together for 5 minutes? No, no one will be there to hold your hand. You have to do this one on your own buddy. Let it go. It was a video game, not an apocalypse.

and good luck with that.

Retarded cheaters logic. After many times I learned one thing - do not discuss with cheaters, its pointless. You can say whatever you want, prove them 100 times how much they suck and how much they are wrong but they will keep repeating their own bullsh*t theories. All you have to do is kick them everytime you see and and make sure that everyone knows they cheat. After some time they will get tired of being hated by the community and leave the game or end up at Free Modes where no one really care about them, I also like to ruin such Free Modes full of cheaters with glitches, they ruined my servers so I do the same to them

A J
  • A J

Damned

• BUSTED!
  • Wales

Posted 01 July 2012 - 11:11 AM

QUOTE (SARDYNA108 @ Sunday, Jul 1 2012, 11:00)

Retarded cheaters logic. After many times I learned one thing - do not discuss with cheaters, its pointless. You can say whatever you want, prove them 100 times how much they suck and how much they are wrong but they will keep repeating their own bullsh*t theories. All you have to do is kick them everytime you see and and make sure that everyone knows they cheat. After some time they will get tired of being hated by the community and leave the game or end up at Free Modes where no one really care about them, I also like to ruin such Free Modes full of cheaters with glitches, they ruined my servers so I do the same to them

Well said SARDYNA icon14.gif

----

There is a difference between not caring about your grammar and typing like a six year old who's figures barely reach a keyboard

Who types like that? Except yourself? Did you mean fingers? monocle.gif

Rockstar clearly doesn't give a sh*t about whiny ass holes

I'm really glad Rockstar don't care about you, luckily they do care and take notice of genuine fans who like to play the game, the way it was
designed to be played.

It was a video game, not an apocalypse

wow.gif Wow, really?, thanks for reminding us all we are playing a videogame sarcasm.gif

----

Keep posting crap The Joke, you are only achieving one thing. Revealing how much of an arrogant kid you are.

Mr. Reaper.
  • Mr. Reaper.

THR-MC ✠ PREZ

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 01 July 2012 - 01:01 PM Edited by Mr. Reaper., 01 July 2012 - 01:07 PM.

Good, and bad news.

Since the latest Firmware 4.20

Many modders have been knocked out, due to now having no adequate way around it, however some still can and eventually it'll be public with the method.

Luckily, although Rockstar has abandoned Grand Theft Auto IV, Sony are very strict regarding users that hack their software.

QUOTE (PSN &SEN Terms of Service and User Agreement)

COMMUNITY CODE OF CONDUCT, Section Six:

You must not use any unauthorised hardware or software to access or use Sony Entertainment Network or make, or distribute unauthorised software or hardware via, or in connection with, Sony Entertainment Network (including but not limited to cheat code software or devices that circumvent any security features or limitations included on any software or devices).

Simply send them a message asking how the got the mods, they'll respond hopefully.
Then simply select the message and Grief Report it.

coldmurda
  • coldmurda

̡̱͐̈́͋ͦͮ̎͊̒R

• Members

Posted 01 July 2012 - 05:21 PM

Well if none of you have a real counter argument, I'll just posts some videos of me modding, enjoy lol.gif

Releasing to public soon, works on all game modes, public and private, even on the DLC.
We are going to intentionally destroy GTA smile.gif

XxOnLySBz4mExX
  • XxOnLySBz4mExX

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 01 July 2012 - 07:28 PM

Today I was looking through the leaderboards, checking the stats of a modder I added, & his deathmatch stats were 10 games played 1 games won and he had a total of approx. $5.2 million from deathmatch. But although he had all this money from deathmatch he was only ranked #4,000,000+.

The modder was also listed in the top 10 for the 3 co-op missions by time. suicidal.gif

SARDYNA108
  • SARDYNA108

Spammaster

• Members

Posted 01 July 2012 - 07:39 PM

QUOTE (XxOnLySBz4mExX @ Sunday, Jul 1 2012, 19:28)
Today I was looking through the leaderboards, checking the stats of a modder I added, & his deathmatch stats were 10 games played 1 games won and he had a total of approx. $5.2 million from deathmatch. But although he had all this money from deathmatch he was only ranked #4,000,000+.

The modder was also listed in the top 10 for the 3 co-op missions by time. suicidal.gif

Its just the beggining, on PC players who are taken as owners of NOOSE time WR (they have proved it on video and no one got better time) arent even in top 1000 By Time leaderboards becouse of cheaters and people who played with them...

tj11
  • tj11

★ ★ ★ ★ ★

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 July 2012 - 08:26 PM

QUOTE (The Grove @ Monday, Jul 2 2012, 03:21)
Well if none of you have a real counter argument, I'll just posts some videos of me modding, enjoy  lol.gif

Releasing to public soon, works on all game modes, public and private, even on the DLC.

What a low-life sack of sh*t! We're all here because we love GTA, and you wanna destroy it? How about you go and kill yourself instead?! We don't need garbage like you here at the forums. Hopefully the Mods will ban you.

Turbo Lag
  • Turbo Lag

• Members

Posted 02 July 2012 - 01:15 AM

QUOTE (The Grove @ Monday, Jul 2 2012, 04:21)
Well if none of you have a real counter argument, I'll just posts some videos of me modding, enjoy lol.gif

You really are something else aren't you. Nice counter argument you've posted up here, it's really contributing well to the forum. Infact, I think you're just trolling. And you've outdone yourself as you've gotten plenty of replies from us. I don't think it's possible for anybody to be this stubborn and thick. Good work, you've accomplished something, it may be the first time you've done this. icon14.gif

coldmurda
  • coldmurda

̡̱͐̈́͋ͦͮ̎͊̒R

• Members

Posted 02 July 2012 - 01:35 AM

QUOTE (Turbo Lag @ Sunday, Jul 1 2012, 20:15)
You really are something else aren't you. Nice counter argument you've posted up here, it's really contributing well to the forum. Infact, I think you're just trolling. And you've outdone yourself as you've gotten plenty of replies from us. I don't think it's possible for anybody to be this stubborn and thick. Good work, you've accomplished something, it may be the first time you've done this. icon14.gif

I seem to be the only one contributing positive information. All of you seem to be pretty negative with your hating. Your running a damn witch hunt here, while I'm having a laugh about it. lol.gif

ugotsmoked
  • ugotsmoked

SHUT UP AND BLEED

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 July 2012 - 01:54 AM

I got rid of my xbox because of the loser modders, if you release this to the public, you truly are a piece of sh!t. Get your skill level up, its unfortunate you feel the need to cheat because you lack the skill to defeat anyone on your own. I pity people like you...on a side note, I hope you get beaten to death with your own shoes.

user posted image

Turbo Lag
  • Turbo Lag

• Members

Posted 02 July 2012 - 02:16 AM Edited by Turbo Lag, 02 July 2012 - 02:26 AM.

QUOTE (The Grove @ Monday, Jul 2 2012, 12:35)
QUOTE (Turbo Lag @ Sunday, Jul 1 2012, 20:15)
You really are something else aren't you. Nice counter argument you've posted up here, it's really contributing well to the forum. Infact, I think you're just trolling. And you've outdone yourself as you've gotten plenty of replies from us. I don't think it's possible for anybody to be this stubborn and thick. Good work, you've accomplished something, it may be the first time you've done this.  icon14.gif

I seem to be the only one contributing positive information. All of you seem to be pretty negative with your hating. Your running a damn witch hunt here, while I'm having a laugh about it. lol.gif

What have you contributed? I certainly haven't seen anything 'positive', as you put it. You've also admitted that you're trolling. I don't think that's positive at all. And, it's you're, not your. You're = you are, and your is possessive. As someone with great wisdom once told me, "if you can't even spell half the things you want to say, you should rethink what your doing."

"There is a difference between not caring about your grammar and typing like a six year old who's figures barely reach a keyboard."

NewportByChrysler
  • NewportByChrysler

LC R29

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 July 2012 - 03:03 AM

QUOTE (The Grove @ Sunday, Jul 1 2012, 12:21)

I highly doubt this is the full mickey PC Native Trainer.
Does it have ped model selecting, and speech selection menu, along with options to save clothes/speech and car carcols?

Crimson Flam3s
  • Crimson Flam3s

Live Free or Die Trying

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 July 2012 - 03:37 AM

Lol It seems like this is a battlefield now Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif

But don't worry because I'm here to end this once and for all sly.gif

The Groove, I gonna be completely honest about this. I don't hate mods, I don't care if you wanna mod some free mode, in fact it could even be more fun, but there is a problem were you start modding competitive modes, and trolling every one.

I'm not gonna lie, if someone gave me a modded ps3 I would use it a couple times in free mode to make some ramps or cool cars, but I wouldn't use it to f*ck every one up in other modes unless you have those glitches/turbos/lag switchers. When you say that you gonna ruin gta on ps3 IMO it looks like you are just trollong/joking so everyone get's mad and say stuff, Or maybe you really are like those assholes, but anyway what pisses people off is your attitude, you act like your better than everyone else for example, saying that The Damned MC it's just a group of people role playing with motorcycles and insulting aj, but you don't know sh*t, so if you don't have something good to say don't say it, because we like playing competitive modes and having fun too.....Nothing else and nothing more. icon14.gif

A J
  • A J

Damned

• BUSTED!
  • Wales

Posted 02 July 2012 - 09:27 AM

Went to the Grove's youtube channel, barf8bd.gif , pretty clear he's nothing but a sad lonely hacker.
Check out his channel on youtube, paints a picture of his character....
He gets dumb kids to sing to him for kicks..."sing me a song I'll give you level 10", sing me a song "I'll give you your account back".... pathetic.

On topic:

Don't worry too much guys, V will be here soon, and I'm sure Rockstar will do more to stop pieces of sh*t like this from trying to hack the game.
We all love to play the game it was intended to be played, so no matter what we can always prevent hackers from ruining the fun by setting up private games and making a name and shame list to get them kicked out of public games. I'm sure even a few modders might actually be cool, and no try to f*ck things up, but I'm willing to bet most will be the same as The Joke.

nic_23
  • nic_23

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 02 July 2012 - 09:50 AM

this guy probably plays with his dick over these kids dancing, he is a little loser.

Turbo Lag
  • Turbo Lag

• Members

Posted 02 July 2012 - 10:18 AM

QUOTE (nic_23 @ Monday, Jul 2 2012, 20:50)

this guy probably plays with his dick over these kids dancing, he is a little loser.

It only gets worse.

SARDYNA108
  • SARDYNA108

Spammaster

• Members

Posted 02 July 2012 - 10:31 AM

QUOTE (Turbo Lag @ Monday, Jul 2 2012, 10:18)
QUOTE (nic_23 @ Monday, Jul 2 2012, 20:50)

It only gets worse.

lol I watched this 2 videos long time ago (they were uploaded in 2009), I didnt realize The Grove is the guy who uploaded it. Anyway what a hypocrite, he busted and complained about a cheater and now he cheat himself sarcasm.gif

nic_23
  • nic_23

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 02 July 2012 - 01:28 PM

what a f*cking arsehole doing that on TMW confused.gif its because he is so aweful he has to do this.

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

It's pure aggression and speed

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 July 2012 - 02:14 PM

I'd like an FIB Buffalo in TMW <3

Big-_-t0ny
  • Big-_-t0ny

Twitch.tv/Big_t0ny

• Members

Posted 02 July 2012 - 03:02 PM

Guys just stick to private - we have all of our amazing games in private modes. It's pretty dumb to go into public GTA games even with out modders...turbos, griefers, laggers, people who drive backwards on Race etc. Anyway Grove had a point, the use of modding can be fun, and if you are in a modded session and don't like it just kick the guy or leave, and be on with your day. tounge.gif I was in Grove's session a few weeks ago, I was pretty amazed mods are finally on PS3. I recorded the session, and as you can tell, nearly all of the commenters are immature people who can't even spell...

coldmurda
  • coldmurda

̡̱͐̈́͋ͦͮ̎͊̒R

• Members

Posted 02 July 2012 - 07:56 PM

lol thank you my point exactly Tony. Only fun intentions in that game.

@Turbo Fag: That video is from like 2009 and I wasn't even the one modding... I found some guy who was lol. Stupid sh*t.

@thread: Thanks for all the YouTube views everyone colgate.gif , don't forget to Subscribe, and I know you guys already Liked for sure smile.gif

ugotsmoked
  • ugotsmoked

SHUT UP AND BLEED

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 July 2012 - 10:32 PM

QUOTE (The Grove @ Monday, Jul 2 2012, 19:56)
@thread: Thanks for all the YouTube views everyone colgate.gif , don't forget to Subscribe, and I know you guys already Liked for sure smile.gif

Do not like and wont subscribe, I will pray for you...to slide down a 20 foot long razor blade into an acid bath.

Ethereal_NYC
  • Ethereal_NYC

Hustler

• Members

Posted 02 July 2012 - 11:07 PM Edited by Ethereal_NYC, 02 July 2012 - 11:25 PM.

AJ hit the nail on the head earlier when he mentioned the wickeds as a mix of good players and jerks.

that is the issue in the GTA community, and now unfortunately with these tools now the jerks have all the power.

I laugh at big tony saying we should only play private games. that logic is assanine.

some people have trouble connecting to rockstars servers in the first place now you want to limit there choices even more? what about people with time zone issues etc? your blanket statement showed your ignorant bias.

as far as grove, cj or whoever that is, only an immature person would upload those youtube videos of kids singing. the overal troll nature is a dead giveaway though.

with that said since the mods are here we might as well give up hope. I mean I could try to learn how to do this and we could have epic new games/fun but that requires some time I don't think I have.

maybe the grove will sympathize with us and we can just trust some of the older community members to uphold the dignity within the small amounts of private games that do run.

the truth is everyone who hates mods, if they played in a room with them would have tons of fun (just like I did) but the potential for unruly gamers outweighs the minor amount of fun because it disrupts the base of the original game format.

now the game revolves around the mods instead of the game revolvin around the players.

now when I made a thread a few months ago about someone knifing me from across the map you guys all told me it was lag. every single poster.

I knew it was a cheater and I hoped someone in the community would fess up to some knowledge but we are now here at the crossroad.

the only real secrets now lie within the ability to circumvent the PSN (SOE) TOS. I personally have no idea how that works and if these are jalbroken PS3s or not.

either which way someone needs to pass that torch so we can use that small almos extinguished flame to light up a little bit of the future.

things like a teleport location inside the majestic penthouse farthest lower levels to the front of the building, or the ability to drive the subway cars and jets/planes can add some real depth to some predesigned matches.

additions of the window washer lifts and parachutes would definitely add some benefits. if someone was able to make TMW missions spawn on rooftops in algonquin or the two towers in the park in dukes that would be awesome.

I'm looking for the meat of the meal, not the potatoes. for you players who haven't experienced driving shopping carts, toilets and dinosaurs....it gets tiresome fast.

I would much rather play a game where a team of players try to take out a modder and his 30 noose guards with cops ON. that's with the modders cooperation (and honor) of course.

also random ramps in the airport and islands in the middle of the ocean with no creative layouts are boring. who is going to build a hot wheels type highway with loops bobbing and weaving through the highrise buildings in algonquin?

at the end of the day this is all just fantasy because I highly doubt this sort of structured environment can exsist. I'm talking about the social environment, not the ramps.

maybe I wil be proven wrong. I also want to add the fact that I also doubt in the resolution of any of this by rockstar themselves. I am even inclined to say they might be letting this happen on purpose.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users