Photo

Races

78 replies to this topic
RockStarNiko
  • RockStarNiko

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 24 June 2012 - 02:47 PM

What type of races do you want in GTA V and how many?

In GTA IV, single player races were awful, but multiplayer races are great fun.

For V, I hope they are great for both.

I would like to see ~75 races that need to be completed for the 100%. Mostly car races, but also trucks, vans, bikes, bmx, mountain bike, quad, boat, jetski, plane, chopper and triathlons. Lots of variety.

In multiplayer I think a good addition would be drag racing. You can customise cars, take them online and race against other players.

In the drag races you need to change gears manually. This is done by hitting the sweet spot on a moving bar. The closer you get to the centre of the sweet spot, the smoother the gear change. If you completely miss the sweet spot, then you will lose speed and most likely lose the race as a result (if the race is between 2 cars of similar specs).

I love multiplayer races in GTA IV and loved the story races in San Andreas, so I want combo of both basically

What do you want? Discuss

dirtycopVCPD
  • dirtycopVCPD

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 24 June 2012 - 02:53 PM

Well we haven't seen too many Native Americans in.. Oh you mean those types of races.

EinsZweiDrei
  • EinsZweiDrei

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 24 June 2012 - 02:53 PM

I hope there is a race track for kart and Formula 1 types of racing. Rally racing in the mountains and countryside would be great as well.

RockStarNiko
  • RockStarNiko

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 24 June 2012 - 02:59 PM

QUOTE (EinsZweiDrei @ Sunday, Jun 24 2012, 14:53)
I hope there is a race track for kart and Formula 1 types of racing. Rally racing in the mountains and countryside would be great as well.

I would love a couple of rally style races in the countryside.

Also go karts could feature in one of the triathlons, similar to that mission in San Andreas, maybe jet ski along the coast - go kart from beach to inner city - then bmx to finish line biggrin.gif

Hayze
  • Hayze

• Members

Posted 24 June 2012 - 03:20 PM

QUOTE (dirtycopVCPD @ Sunday, Jun 24 2012, 14:53)
Well we haven't seen too many Native Americans in.. Oh you mean those types of races.

I'm happy someone went that route.

darklordv
  • darklordv

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 June 2012 - 03:49 PM

biggrin.gif:p cookie.gif

gtaGiga
  • gtaGiga

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 24 June 2012 - 05:35 PM

Bbbbbbbbllllllllllllllaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

MAJORMANN
  • MAJORMANN

GTA MOTHA F*CKA

• Members

Posted 24 June 2012 - 05:36 PM

LOL cookie.gif

TheAtmosphere
  • TheAtmosphere

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 June 2012 - 05:38 PM

Oh my god, All my money, take it. cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif

MAJORMANN
  • MAJORMANN

GTA MOTHA F*CKA

• Members

Posted 24 June 2012 - 05:39 PM

Yes, drag races for sure. I loved it when we would do little drag races at the airport in GTAIV

MAJORMANN
  • MAJORMANN

GTA MOTHA F*CKA

• Members

Posted 24 June 2012 - 05:41 PM

You've gotten alot of cookies for that one icon14.gif

wildstyle91
  • wildstyle91

Playa

• Members

Posted 24 June 2012 - 05:48 PM

I don't know what they were playing at in gta4, you go to race in a comet and your opponents are using slow cars. It should be done in categories so if you race on a bike, everyone else has a bike.

The races in San Andreas were good, especially the ones on a mountain bike of mt chilliad. They should add drag races, off road dune races, go karting, rc cars and many other ones. They should also add pink slips so you can win your opponents car, (they could be rare not found anywhere else in the game), or just money.

i am a girl on the internet
  • i am a girl on the internet

Here since 2003

• Members

Posted 24 June 2012 - 05:51 PM

One thing that I've wanted ever since Vice City was a legitimate drag strip. We've had oval tracks in VC and SA, so I'm hoping we'll have one this time around.

If not, I hope that there are at least some long, straight, relatively level roads out in the countryside/desert to accommodate some online drag racing.

SammiiDoogles
  • SammiiDoogles

Where is my mind?

• Members

Posted 24 June 2012 - 06:19 PM

Would be nice to have a variety, the street races in GTA have always been a bit wank.
I totally wouldn't mind if they scrapped the checkpoint races and just went straight up traditional races with the glowing arrow markers on the sides of the streets, first to the finish line. Surely it's not a huge departure from glowing checkpoints to glowing arrows.

It would be nice to have street races in a variety of vehicle types, and track races in high end cars would be cool - but I have no idea if there are any racetracks in LA. Kart races with weapons would be rad too, like Grand Theft Mario Kart.

Plane races could be cool too, like the red-bull style checkpoint races or whatever.

Ryanbashaw
  • Ryanbashaw

Seattle, Washington

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 June 2012 - 07:07 PM

Drag racing, kart racing like Mario kart with real guns, stunt races with jumps, insane track races with loops like a hot wheels track

GTAction99
  • GTAction99

R*

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 June 2012 - 07:07 PM

Drag Racing: Mainly Muscle cars, but you can upgrade your bike into a Drag Bike. (Any car is allowed, but only certain cars have Drag racing upgrades.)

Also, Deserts can be used for drag races, and so can streets.

I can post more ideas if anyone is interested.

Pooo_Face
  • Pooo_Face

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 24 June 2012 - 07:50 PM

The Triathlon races in San Andreas were really fun and I hope they make a comeback in V. I have vague recollections of racing someone in a Cluckin' Bell outfit. I also hope those who explicitly quit games (usually because they're not winning) get punished somehow. It happens far too often in GTA IV races.

Revolution-XW
  • Revolution-XW

LuisWayne

• Members

Posted 24 June 2012 - 08:03 PM

QUOTE (Pooo_Face @ Sunday, Jun 24 2012, 19:50)
The Triathlon races in San Andreas were really fun and I hope they make a comeback in V. I have vague recollections of racing someone in a Cluckin' Bell outfit. I also hope those who explicitly quit games (usually because they're not winning) get punished somehow. It happens far too often in GTA IV races.

I agree.

This happened too many times to me, almost every game of race on Gta IV.

I'd like to see different types of vehicles so you could choose between them. I think bicycles would be fun, also jet-skis for the water, planes, etc...

iCaramelBird
  • iCaramelBird

R* Y U NO GIVE US GTA V?

• Members

Posted 24 June 2012 - 08:13 PM

QUOTE (RockStarNiko @ Sunday, Jun 24 2012, 14:47)
What type of races do you want in GTA V and how many?

In GTA IV, single player races were awful, but multiplayer races are great fun.

For V, I hope they are great for both.

I would like to see ~75 races that need to be completed for the 100%. Mostly car races, but also trucks, vans, bikes, bmx, mountain bike, quad, boat, jetski, plane, chopper and triathlons. Lots of variety.

In multiplayer I think a good addition would be drag racing. You can customise cars, take them online and race against other players.

In the drag races you need to change gears manually. This is done by hitting the sweet spot on a moving bar. The closer you get to the centre of the sweet spot, the smoother the gear change. If you completely miss the sweet spot, then you will lose speed and most likely lose the race as a result (if the race is between 2 cars of similar specs).

I love multiplayer races in GTA IV and loved the story races in San Andreas, so I want combo of both basically

What do you want? Discuss

75 races? I'd prefer 10-20.

But I don't really focus on the races, well not in IV anyway.

How do I shot web
  • How do I shot web

Dumbass in a sea of retards

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 June 2012 - 08:21 PM

Some sprints, pink slips, those would be great.

Johnny_Cash1983
  • Johnny_Cash1983

CopKilla

• Members

Posted 24 June 2012 - 08:22 PM

what i want to see is no rules race where u can can kill other players or something like that to win anything goes but u must to be first to win

xXGst0395Xx
  • xXGst0395Xx

Boss

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 June 2012 - 09:15 PM

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. I guess I wouldn't mind having that hispanic guy as the protagonist.

But yeah, I just hope the GTA Races return. I loved them in GTA IV.

Versous
  • Versous

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 24 June 2012 - 09:19 PM

Yeah, there should be options for races. WIth/without weapons, same classes/different classes and so on.A lot of variety please! After teasing " a bold new direction" for multiplayer, I expect a fantastic MP anyway!

I hoped they worked on the netcode as well. there was a lot of lag in IV!

ATastyCookie
  • ATastyCookie

Too much waiting...

• Members

Posted 24 June 2012 - 09:25 PM

QUOTE (Johnny_Cash1983 @ Sunday, Jun 24 2012, 20:22)
what i want to see is no rules race where u can can kill other players or something like that to win anything goes but u must to be first to win

Yeah, I'd like that too. It's just like the Blood Bowl races in SA, but instead of being limited to a stadium, it could be out in the city.

I'd also like the triathlon races from TBOGT, and normal street races according to vehicle class (like multiplayer races)

Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• None

Posted 24 June 2012 - 09:28 PM

I made a long post a while back about this with my speculations and desires it was a pretty good idea IMO and some others had a few good ideas too... check it out

http://www.gtaforums...opic=493783&hl=

monsterjamp
  • monsterjamp

LSAF

• Members

Posted 24 June 2012 - 09:29 PM

In IV I got tired of street races. Now I want race tracks! biggrin.gif

r0eladn
  • r0eladn

Big Homie

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 24 June 2012 - 09:42 PM

QUOTE (monsterjamp @ Sunday, Jun 24 2012, 21:29)
In IV I got tired of street races. Now I want race tracks! biggrin.gif

Thats a great idea!

I would like to see pogo stick races:

user posted image

Vin89
  • Vin89

Peon

• Members

Posted 24 June 2012 - 09:58 PM

I like the basic idea of the opening post except for the gear changing mini gamish thingy. That sounds like a retard mini game.

Personally, I thing racing should just be slightly modified. Firstly, R* seriously needs to change car physiques in terms of realism. I played IV today and noticed once again how the gas drops down while drifting making some moves impossible that would be sweet and are performed in real life. The gas pedal also reacts not precise enough for my taste...but that's another story.

Races will at least partly take place in the city areas and I would like to see more difficulty there...like it's very easy for me to finish any race as No 1 with a car that is trash afterwards it would be a nice little twist if you would get points or more money when you finish a race with less damage. This could then affect your 100% status which would require a perfect game statistic not only including number one finishing but also 0% damage.

This woul kick the game into a corner that actually feels like you are racing with crazy idiots with fast cars in the city being careful your car doesn't get f*ed up.

There could be some great races with Cars, Planes, on foot, bike, smimming....Something like the San Andreas Cluckin Bell Race but with more vehicles.

superdrifter101
  • superdrifter101

GTA V is pain in the Ass

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 June 2012 - 11:02 PM

QUOTE (RockStarNiko @ Sunday, Jun 24 2012, 20:47)

75 Races are you out of your mind? i think 30 Street races and 70 Drift races should be enough biggrin.gif But only in one condition if we have a sports car customizable and handling Like true Race cars but only cars and aircrafts not trucks ven boat bullsh*t and i think you should add an option sprint(running) race

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Never sleep again

• Australia

Posted 25 June 2012 - 03:46 AM

I wouldn't mind if we had some races on a proper race track for once. What are some famous race tracks in SoCal? I know of Laguna Seca and Infineon Raceway, but I'm not sure if they're in the locale that GTA V will be.

Anyway even if they just make up their own it would be cool. Even a speedway would be cool. I was disappointed the speedway in LA Noire was inaccessible. sad.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users