Photo

Player model txd skin doesn't work.

5 replies to this topic
survivor1986
  • survivor1986

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 June 2012 - 08:42 PM

Hi there, got one more problem - any model i download with textures packed into txd just doesn't work as a player model.
Game somehow uses the default tommy skin, don't know why - I removed the original player.dff and player.txd from the archive and put there new ones, models work fine but always with that sh*tty skin with tommy's face on stomach:/
can anyone tell me what am i doing wrong, why the same models work fine as peds??
heeeelp!

ThePrince
  • ThePrince

Moroccan Modder

• Members

Posted 23 June 2012 - 10:25 PM

Delete player.bmp from Grand Theft Auto Vice City\models\generic

Good Luck icon14.gif

xskater8x
  • xskater8x

GTAHouse

• Members

Posted 24 June 2012 - 12:54 AM

QUOTE (survivor1986 @ Saturday, Jun 23 2012, 20:42)
Hi there, got one more problem - any model i download with textures packed into txd just doesn't work as a player model.
Game somehow uses the default tommy skin, don't know why - I removed the original player.dff and player.txd from the archive and put there new ones, models work fine but always with that sh*tty skin with tommy's face on stomach:/
can anyone tell me what am i doing wrong, why the same models work fine as peds??
heeeelp!

Enjoy wink.gif

survivor1986
  • survivor1986

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 June 2012 - 09:37 AM

jeez man is that it?! i've spent hours trying to figure out where that f***in additional skin of tommy is, i even extracted the hole gta3.img:/
yee now it works like a charm - BUT - i can see that some models i use as player use only the first set of clothes on the skin list, like there are thousers, jackets but it always gets the bikini stuff... what can i do to change it's skin to the other one within it's own txd file?

Jack
  • Jack

wanted level modifications

• Feroci
  • Serbia

Posted 24 June 2012 - 10:41 AM

what can i do to change it's skin to the other one within it's own txd file?
Vercetty has several suits and every one of them have their own txd and dff. For example if you want to change cuban player suit with the cop player uniform - then just extract player6.txd and dff (cop uniform) to desktop and rename it to player5.dff and player5.txd, then remove player5.dff and txd (cuban suit) from the gta3.img and import the new player5.dff and txd from desktop.

survivor1986
  • survivor1986

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 June 2012 - 10:59 AM

yea i know but that's not what i mean....
f.e. you download a model of some chick that you wanna use as your player model, you switch the files (dff+txd), all done u got what u want in game, but the female model u just added has the bikini on it... u don't like it and u open it's txd file and find out that there is more clothes than just the bikini straps.... now - u want to use that other clothes on your model instead of the bikini one...
now what i did - opened that txd file, there are few fields like bikini,clothes,hair,eyes,boots etc. i deleted the bikini one and hoped that it will forece the game to use the skin under clothes tab but it didn't, model went out without textures, how can i force the game to use other clothes skin for that model not just and only that bikini?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users