Post Navigation

3 replies to this topic
blitz
  • blitz

pizzaqueen <3

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 20 June 2012 - 11:58 AM

Hey there, remember a few weeks ago I asked help in setting up/finding a CMS? Well, I did, and it's working great so far. Except for one thing...

We added a blog (which was fine since the template had a blog page layout) and I managed to install the cms on it. However, there's a single thing that's sort of annoying. You see, the site has a similar layout to this one, meaning that you have a thumnail and a bit of info on the post. But after you have posted a certain number of posts, you're supposed to add a new page, right? So at the end you start having something like this:

user posted image

So, how do you do that? I found the navigation code, do I need to add something to it, or is it some fancy CSS jim-jam code I need to add...? Here's the navigation code:

user posted image

I asked trip, but no real luck. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

K^2
  • K^2

Vidi Vici Veni

• United-States

Posted 20 June 2012 - 11:31 PM

Usually, the paging is done automatically. There should be a setting somewhere saying how many posts per page you want.

blitz
  • blitz

pizzaqueen <3

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 21 June 2012 - 02:17 AM

QUOTE (K^2 @ Wednesday, Jun 20 2012, 18:31)
Usually, the paging is done automatically. There should be a setting somewhere saying how many posts per page you want.

It's done on HTML, and the CMS doesn't really have an option for it.

If that's what you meant.

K^2
  • K^2

Vidi Vici Veni

• United-States

Posted 21 June 2012 - 05:23 AM

CMS generates HTML code based on PHP scripts, including configuration files, database entries, and template pages. Somewhere, either in core code or in config files, there has to be a setting for paging. Whether it is obvious and user friendly or not is another question.

I'm guessing, the HTML code you posted is just part of what CMS generates, so messing with it is useless. But it does show that paging is built into the CMS, so it's definitely supported.

Can you link to the page?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users