Quantcast

» «
Photo

[WIP|SA] HRT 1.4

1,194 replies to this topic

Poll: HRT 1.4 (144 member(s) have cast votes)

Is HRT 1.4 the best texture mod for GTA SA?

1. Yes, the best! (54 votes [26.87%])

Percentage of vote: 26.87%

2. Yes, the best of the best! (66 votes [32.84%])

Percentage of vote: 32.84%

3. Yes, excellent mod! (31 votes [15.42%])

Percentage of vote: 15.42%

4. Yes, brilliant work! (50 votes [24.88%])

Percentage of vote: 24.88%

Vote Guests cannot vote
KubaTaky
  • KubaTaky

Ferrari 599XX

• Members
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 08 February 2014 - 09:04 PM

There will be a problem that gta3.img, as you wrote, and in 2 files will not fit. So how would it therefore resolved? I need to explain:-D 

A soon to be published .. will be a great honor to test this mod :-)

Then people can just use Modloader instead.. :p

:OOO good

nWo51289
  • nWo51289

Outcast

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 09 February 2014 - 12:48 PM

Something about SA-MP and HRT 1.4. Recently, I realized that I can not guarantee compatibility with SA-MP mod. The fact is, if I I understand all right, SA-MP is not supported added of new IMG archives to the game (because all changes in gta.dat file, in this files listed archives, not works in SA-MP); SA-MP is supported only the one (?) custom IMG archive. HRT 1.4 likely will not fit to two IMG-files (gta3 and one custom). In general, I would only say that the compatibility with SA-MP is not guaranteed, in 99% - mod will be released without support on SA-MP because of SA-MP limits.

Ss4gogeta0, do you mean, will be remake textures with graffiti? At this moment I do not do new graffiti textures, only improving old textures with them.

Some hot screenshots will be, and not only screenshots, please be patient and thank you for waiting.

Using Modloader is a really good idea, but if you seriously don't want to use third party plugins...why not put the textures into a already defined archive like cutscene.img? I used to do that before fastman92 released his img console tool, I've got no problems with my SAMP copy (gta3.img at 6GB)

LINK/2012
  • LINK/2012

LIVIN' IN CODE

• Feroci
  • Brazil
  • Contribution Award [Modding]

Posted 09 February 2014 - 03:08 PM Edited by LINK/2012, 09 February 2014 - 03:31 PM.

The same way you can ask the user to get a IMG Tool you can ask the user to get modloader!
Yes, I'm trying to impose a new way to install mods, if there's something you don't like about, just tell, it's in a very-alive development stage so changes can happen with a snap.
  • Concavax likes this

undergroundvicious
  • undergroundvicious

F#ck me? F#ck you! In fact, everyone has!

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 February 2014 - 11:40 PM

Is this mod compatible with TTDISA?

Flame
  • Flame

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 February 2014 - 12:52 AM

Most likely, you will be able to play with that mod.

undergroundvicious
  • undergroundvicious

F#ck me? F#ck you! In fact, everyone has!

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 February 2014 - 01:26 AM Edited by undergroundvicious, 12 February 2014 - 01:33 AM.

Flame, are you still on vacation or you're back to business? I saw you released CJ with finger (from mobile version).

I really want to see how far this mod can go. It is really impressive.

Edit: a good idea would be include mobile SA vegetation, that is already extracted from the Android version.

• Flame likes this

Flame
  • Flame

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 February 2014 - 01:45 PM Edited by flame1251, 12 February 2014 - 01:49 PM.

undergroundvicious, honestly, I almost had no vacation. After the break in work on HRT 1.4, I returned to work on updated editions of Autumn Sunshine and Winter Vacation 2.0. And so these all and continues. On HRT 1.4 I am also working.

Flame
  • Flame

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 February 2014 - 03:09 PM Edited by flame1251, 12 February 2014 - 03:12 PM.

More than one* IMG archive: test for HRT 1.4

* One main archive with base content, original game also has few little archives.

The experiment with dividing the game archive is successfully completed. (HRT 1.4 - is very huge mod. Game archive gta3.img with main game files has a limit - 2 Gb, to bypass limit I must divide this archive or, in other words, add to game new archives; previously for testing mod I did not this, for my tests I just have added to gta3.img only textures from current section (section on which I worked).

Now I have added in game textures from two different sections, in the two new archives, which supplement gta3.img - each archive weighs about 500 Mb.

Not the fact that in mod archives will be arranged as them arranged for this test. Likely, each new archive will contain textures of several sections. It was just an attempt to verify this method.

0_1280a4_ea2d9d1b_L.jpg

• Kalvin, Lowi and Concavax like this

KubaTaky
  • KubaTaky

Ferrari 599XX

• Members
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 12 February 2014 - 03:42 PM

Looks good, there is limit for GTA3.img.. When you reach 3.9-4.0GB.. Game Crash when loads :-/ There must be method With Modloader or something. :-)

LINK/2012
  • LINK/2012

LIVIN' IN CODE

• Feroci
  • Brazil
  • Contribution Award [Modding]

Posted 12 February 2014 - 04:04 PM Edited by LINK/2012, 12 February 2014 - 04:04 PM.

Looks good, there is limit for GTA3.img.. When you reach 3.9-4.0GB.. Game Crash when loads :-/ There must be method With Modloader or something. :-)

Oh well, since modloader do not need to have the files in a img this img limitation doesn't exist :)
  • Concavax likes this

Concavax
  • Concavax

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 February 2014 - 03:12 AM Edited by Concavax, 13 February 2014 - 03:14 AM.

So ModLoader is exclude or not in the project? I confused? :catspider:

Edit: This will support San Andreas Lod Mod? I love these mods. :lol:

Gregx
  • Gregx

Vandal

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 13 February 2014 - 07:39 AM

Release is coming master flame?

Flame
  • Flame

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 February 2014 - 08:32 AM

So ModLoader is exclude or not in the project? I confused? :catspider:

Edit: This will support San Andreas Lod Mod? I love these mods. :lol:

No. My goal - to make that everything work fine without the "crutches" (this is not sound insulting for ModLoader), but if game will be work badly - I can try. I can say something about Lod Mod.

Release is coming master flame?

Not quite, but will be this year.
  • Concavax likes this

ivpanzer
  • ivpanzer

assassin

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 13 February 2014 - 09:12 AM

I am very excited by this awesome mod!

• Flame likes this

Gregx
  • Gregx

Vandal

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 13 February 2014 - 09:36 AM

Me too, this mod crush everything ;)

• Flame likes this

Toğrul
  • Toğrul

Yeaah

• Members
  • Azerbaijan

Posted 13 February 2014 - 12:02 PM Edited by Worship, 13 February 2014 - 12:10 PM.

Using additional img files is a good idea, i can say, most reliable. I always did that method when gta3.img's more than 3.8 GB. whatever.Never tried Modloader, i mean, don't know how it's working. 

About the progress, i just wanna say, this mod is hotter than Autumn sunshine and Winter vacation. I mean, working on three mods at same time is very hard you know... Like holding three watermelons in one hand.

Anyways, i hope you choose right way, good luck :^:

• Pro_Gamer, Flame and Paramore. like this

aStiffSausage
  • aStiffSausage

Formerly Oksu

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 13 February 2014 - 12:27 PM

I kind of agree with the IMG files idea. What I'm most worried is, about the tools used, since some tools aren't able to rebuild the archive properly, which can be seen by having random crashes. That's why I'd suggest using Mod Loader, or at least have it as an option instead of having to export everything from IMG archives.

uokka
  • uokka

Actually living entity

• Members
  • Red-Cross

Posted 13 February 2014 - 01:20 PM Edited by uokka, 13 February 2014 - 01:22 PM.

Looking quite promising. I will for sure check it out when you're done.

--

[...]

• Textures in HRT 1.4 are made in high quality and high resolution (including 2048x2048 and 1024x1024 pixels);
[...]

Are you saying you will as well do - or any chances for - an alternate, more lightweight version?
Spoiler

My system can easily handle default SA but it quickly starts suffering with huge mods.

--

I'm already using two additional IMGs, so for me, the easiest way to 'install' HRT will probably be Mod Loader, wich I'm using anyway.
  • Flame likes this

Gian_Yagami
  • Gian_Yagami

Snitch

• Members

Posted 13 February 2014 - 03:47 PM

Great, you fixed texture widens/be attracted..
Oh, your high poly is awesome too. I hope you remake the road to higher poly like the donut.

• Flame likes this

Concavax
  • Concavax

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 February 2014 - 01:25 AM Edited by Concavax, 14 February 2014 - 01:27 PM.

Another Question. :lol:

This mod will support Low-End Pc´s?

Great Job! I cant Wait! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie:

Edit:

I see this in your album.

0_cacf5_1016e9cf_L.jpg

You  use lod mod???

• Flame likes this

Flame
  • Flame

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 February 2014 - 05:45 PM Edited by flame1251, 14 February 2014 - 05:51 PM.

You  use lod mod???

Lod Mod by BLITZ is not included, of course. I must confess: I know nothing about BLITZ's mod. I know only that this is some manipulations with LODs (LOD-varaints of textures and models). But I do not know how it works, because I've never downloaded a modification (although I respect the work of BLITZ).

In HRT 1.4 I'm doing with LODs next: I am replacing LOD-variants of textures to more quality analogs (but, of course, LOD-textures are smaller than main variants of textures). Using of MIP-mapping also helping to do so that from a distance objects look more quality than in original game. Here one of reports, where I have written about LODs in mod.

Hard to say something about system specs of mod, but it will be cool work on PC like my: Intel i3 2.93 Ghz, 3,5 (4 on 64-bit system) GB RAM, ASUS EAH5750 1 GB. I think, in 2014 this is not high-end PC (but I like it).

About the progress, i just wanna say, this mod is hotter than Autumn sunshine and Winter vacation.

Glad that you like HRT, but I would really like to my other works were also assessed.

Are you saying you will as well do - or any chances for - an alternate, more lightweight version?

I can not say something about other versions. I always see how much work is left to do.

I kind of agree with the IMG files idea. What I'm most worried is, about the tools used, since some tools aren't able to rebuild the archive properly, which can be seen by having random crashes. That's why I'd suggest using Mod Loader, or at least have it as an option instead of having to export everything from IMG archives.

I cannot make so many optional things for installation. It is something that will only delay the development of mod. Doing mod, I need to think about it to be high quality and worked well; I can not count on the fact that users will be convenient to install over other mods. Actually, of course, and I'll take care of it, but it's not the most important thing. Mod should not (not obliged) be designed to work with other mods.

Frankly, I strive to use as little as possible third-party things for more stability and for independence of the different factors.

Great, you fixed texture widens/be attracted..
Oh, your high poly is awesome too. I hope you remake the road to higher poly like the donut.

Roads often were made as separates models; holes (slots) for the roads were slotted in landscape models, so, if I change road model, most likely I'll have change and landscape model or street model etc. This work is unjustified.
  • Toğrul and Concavax like this

uokka
  • uokka

Actually living entity

• Members
  • Red-Cross

Posted 14 February 2014 - 06:15 PM

I'd guess, in the end, you will make an installer or something for deleting original TXDs and DFFs from gta3.img to not have duplicates in any additional IMGs of your mod. If that will be the case, I hope to still be able to easily extract the mod files (i.e. using 7zip) in order for me to install them in another way.

I don't think you have to care about Mod Loader if you can do it another way but maybe you could suggest it as an alternative as it makes things really easy - and, like aStiffSausage said, editing IMGs is not always safe.

Gian_Yagami
  • Gian_Yagami

Snitch

• Members

Posted 15 February 2014 - 05:06 AM

Roads often were made as separates models; holes (slots) for the roads were slotted in landscape models, so, if I change road model, most likely I'll have change and landscape model or street model etc. This work is unjustified.

Because edge road is too sharp. It's okay if you can't

Concavax
  • Concavax

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 February 2014 - 01:51 AM

You  use lod mod???

Lod Mod by BLITZ is not included, of course. I must confess: I know nothing about BLITZ's mod. I know only that this is some manipulations with LODs (LOD-varaints of textures and models). But I do not know how it works, because I've never downloaded a modification (although I respect the work of BLITZ).

In HRT 1.4 I'm doing with LODs next: I am replacing LOD-variants of textures to more quality analogs (but, of course, LOD-textures are smaller than main variants of textures). Using of MIP-mapping also helping to do so that from a distance objects look more quality than in original game. Here one of reports, where I have written about LODs in mod.

HOOOOoooo... Its true i read about MIP-mapping. I think its cool that you included in your titanic work.

Hard to say something about system specs of mod, but it will be cool work on PC like my: Intel i3 2.93 Ghz, 3,5 (4 on 64-bit system) GB RAM, ASUS EAH5750 1 GB. I think, in 2014 this is not high-end PC (but I like it).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I tell you because i have an AMD Turion ™ II Dual-Core Mobile M500 2.20 GHz

its little compare with Intel. :(

KubaTaky
  • KubaTaky

Ferrari 599XX

• Members
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 16 February 2014 - 09:30 PM

Please .. Post some HOT screens.

Supports this mod, I look forward to it .. Thus GTA should look earlier .. but at that time people had a weak PC, that it was done on weak PC .. I'm sure I wonder how the vegetation looks like .. Trees, trees, textures .. A lot of work .. 
Just keep Flame .. I wish you to take this mod finished it and that there was a greater enjoyment of playing.
  • Concavax likes this

Concavax
  • Concavax

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 February 2014 - 03:19 AM

Flame if you try this?

http://gtaforums.com...limit-adjuster/

Flame
  • Flame

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 February 2014 - 04:59 PM

Concavax, I know about this. If what - I will be use Limit Adjuster (but, likely, I can do without extending the limit of IMG archives number).

• Concavax likes this

Guiworms
  • Guiworms

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 February 2014 - 12:06 PM

Maybe you can do with cleo , i know some cleomods who change texture ( like snow or other ), maybe it's the solution (or not x) ).
Good luck so :D

Flame
  • Flame

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 February 2014 - 09:03 PM

Guiworms, no, this is not suitable. :) Do not worry about IMG archives, guys. New IMG archives will be created with a "native" functions of the game, without the involvement of third-party solutions, and everything will work fine. Mod will be stable and quality.

• Silent and Concavax like this

Silent
  • Silent

Moderating Cookie Monster

• Feroci
  • Poland
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Most Helpful [Modding] 2013
    Most Talented [Modding] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"
    Best Vehicle 2013 "III Aircraft"
    Most Helpful [Modding] 2012