Quantcast

» «
Photo

[WIP | SCR] HRT 1.4

1,078 replies to this topic

Poll: HRT 1.4 (102 member(s) have cast votes)

Is HRT 1.4 the best texture mod for GTA SA?

1. Yes, the best! (37 votes [24.67%])

Percentage of vote: 24.67%

2. Yes, the best of the best! (50 votes [33.33%])

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

3. Yes, excellent mod! (21 votes [14.00%])

Percentage of vote: 14.00%

4. Yes, brilliant work! (42 votes [28.00%])

Percentage of vote: 28.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote
flame1251
  • flame1251

Flame

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 November 2013 - 11:53 PM

aStiffSausage, thanks, as always. :)

Death2Drugs
  • Death2Drugs

Wanna milky?

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 24 November 2013 - 02:07 AM

Amazing that you're giving a lot of things an individual texture, and not only that, you're fixing a lot of the texture mapping. Great work indeed, and that's an understatement.  :cookie:  :breadfish:

• flame1251 likes this

Kilen9999
  • Kilen9999

Mark Chump

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 24 November 2013 - 04:29 AM

Wow! just wow! awesome work :p
  • flame1251 likes this

MrMateczko
  • MrMateczko

Simply divine!

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 24 November 2013 - 10:01 AM

Well that's something great. I'll go and see those defects in the original game for myself...I've never noticed them.

• flame1251 likes this

alayanrole
  • alayanrole

El Danza Kuduro!

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 November 2013 - 10:05 AM

question : will that effects the data? or R* just copy the texture and rename it so it became repeated?

• flame1251 likes this

SuberSeb
  • SuberSeb

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 November 2013 - 10:42 AM

Amazing modification, good job. Waiting for this mod in this year. 

• flame1251 likes this

flame1251
  • flame1251

Flame

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 November 2013 - 11:50 PM Edited by flame1251, 24 November 2013 - 11:51 PM.

question : will that effects the data? or R* just copy the texture and rename it so it became repeated?

Yes, one and the same texture with same name can be seen in hundreds different TXD-files (TXD - is the container with images) (each TXD file for different models). Sometime the same textures have different names.

In the case of Chinatown catches the eye a small amount of materials. And in case with some other areas too. In the mod I do not regret forces on the adding of new materials for more beautiful view.

Sometimes seems that in game very small amount of textures, but, unfortunately, it is misleading. Strange: visually seems that the game has more repetitive textures than it actually is.

Thanks all for comments!

flame1251
  • flame1251

Flame

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 November 2013 - 11:33 PM

SFe, part 25
Chinatown

0_107421_e57df439_L.jpg 0_107413_65bb1a6_L.jpg

0_107416_fde69f90_L.jpg

See these images on Mod DB.

• SuberSeb likes this

Death2Drugs
  • Death2Drugs

Wanna milky?

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 26 November 2013 - 05:24 AM

Love seeing the improvement on that texture mapping!

Danikov
  • Danikov

The Fake Russian

• Members
  • Israel

Posted 26 November 2013 - 05:39 AM

Wow,this is great.

MrMateczko
  • MrMateczko

Simply divine!

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 26 November 2013 - 01:52 PM

This looks weird...hope will be corrected...nice to see actual DFF modeling going on!

fkvX5CN.png

flame1251
  • flame1251

Flame

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 November 2013 - 05:17 PM Edited by flame1251, 26 November 2013 - 08:31 PM.

MrMateczko, yes, first defect (all this polygon) may be corrected, second defect too, but it not so important.

Thanks, guys, soon new screenshots, but also soon I finish some other mod, hope, you will like and it.

Updated. "Work" - is the my new released project, Endless Summer screensaver. :)

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members

Posted 27 November 2013 - 01:21 AM

Hey do you think you may use the updated character and vehicle models from the mobile version?

flame1251
  • flame1251

Flame

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 November 2013 - 06:58 PM Edited by flame1251, 27 November 2013 - 07:34 PM.

SFe, part 26

Some images from mod.

0_107e37_53d3018_M.jpg

0_107e38_87bb9004_M.jpg 0_107e39_992d6a32_M.jpg

See these images on Mod DB

About mobile version of San Andreas and HRT

Hey do you think you may use the updated character and vehicle models from the mobile version?

I also wanted to talk about it. As we know, Rockstar recently announced version of GTA San Andreas for mobile devices. The developers have promised that the graphics will be improved. I want to say that I will explore mobile version of the game (provided that there would be). If there is something worth - I'll take these for HRT 1.4 (provided that it is technically possible and not... very delay the development).

I thoroughly researched mobile version of Vice City and even made mod for it - Winter Mod 3.0 for Android (blindfold) and can say that mobile version is little different from PC-version, textures, for example, analogous (but in mobile version is using detail textures method, when textures when details overlaid on the main textures by game engine).

Did you notice a bug of the original game?

It's "working" in San Fierro. Behind us constantly moving shadows of unknown origin. How to fix it?

0_107e3a_dbe53fe_M.jpg

• SuberSeb likes this

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members

Posted 28 November 2013 - 07:50 AM

I noticed that many times. I've seen many shadow bugs all over the place. I've seen them in LV too. The shadows in SA are generated by the collision models I heard. They may have something to do with it.

Zera
  • Zera

Thug

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 28 November 2013 - 05:08 PM

I noticed that many times. I've seen many shadow bugs all over the place. I've seen them in LV too. The shadows in SA are generated by the collision models I heard. They may have something to do with it.

Yeah, probably incorrectly mapped shadows. There are many of those on the San Andreas map, it was clearly a rushed job.

Death2Drugs
  • Death2Drugs

Wanna milky?

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 29 November 2013 - 01:11 AM

I wonder if San Andreas for mobile has improved shadows and perhaps a new timecyc, etc. That'd be nice to see.

Kalv20
  • Kalv20

A.K.A. ManDog

• Members

Posted 29 November 2013 - 01:20 AM

I wonder if San Andreas for mobile has improved shadows and perhaps a new timecyc, etc. That'd be nice to see.

It of course has improved shadows, it even says on every article "more dynamic and detailed shadows :p

Along with "enhanced character and car models", "remastered graphics", "an enriched color palette" and "a greater draw distance".

TJGM
  • TJGM

for science.

• Feroci Racing
  • Ireland

Posted 29 November 2013 - 01:24 AM

It of course has improved shadows, it even says on every article "more dynamic and detailed shadows :p

Along with "enhanced character and car models", "remastered graphics", "an enriched color palette" and "a greater draw distance".

It doesn't say "more dynamic and detailed shadows" it says "Newly remastered graphics including dynamic and detailed shadows" which most likely means it'll be the same system as San Andreas on PC and when they say "newly remastered graphics" I'm pretty sure they means remastered graphics compared to III/VC mobile.

Kalv20
  • Kalv20

A.K.A. ManDog

• Members

Posted 29 November 2013 - 01:26 AM Edited by Kalv20, 29 November 2013 - 01:27 AM.

On the article I'm reading it says "more dynamic and detailed shadows" :p
http://mashable.com/...as-ios-android/

I just quickly typed in "San Andreas Mobile" and clicked the first link, which was that - so it may be different from others.

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members

Posted 29 November 2013 - 07:09 AM

I just quickly typed in "San Andreas Mobile" and clicked the first link, which was that - so it may be different from others.

I imagine detailed may mean that they work more like SA:Render, IV, and V. Rather then them being mapped via the collisions, it will be a more of a modern shading system.

I wonder how dark they will be, and I wonder if they will have sharp edges or soft edges.

aStiffSausage
  • aStiffSausage

Formerly Oksu

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 29 November 2013 - 01:21 PM

I imagine detailed may mean that they work more like SA:Render, IV, and V. Rather then them being mapped via the collisions, it will be a more of a modern shading system.

I wonder how dark they will be, and I wonder if they will have sharp edges or soft edges.

First of all, I don't know if the shadows will be spectacular at all. If you read the article in R* official site, it does indeed say the mobile version will have "newly remastered graphics" and it "makes this the best-looking version of San Andreas yet."

I really doubt that. I remember Rockstar Games also saying about Grand Theft Auto: V, that you have a lot of different ways to complete the heist. Oh wait, only two? I wouldn't really trust a game developer when they are annoucing their new products, and you have to use a bit of common sense. They can't implement a whole new physics engine with detailed shadows and high quality effects, without dropping the performance quite a lot. Of course, San Andreas was a heavy game, and keeps being so with it's one-core-only CPU support.

What I'm saying is, yes, it will look better than San Andreas did back in 2004, that's for sure. They might've also fixed some of those nasty bugs in the original game, and yes, enhanced the graphics. But if, IF, they are still using RenderWare, which they mostly likely are, you can't expect too much.

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members

Posted 29 November 2013 - 09:47 PM

First of all, I don't know if the shadows will be spectacular at all. If you read the article in R* official site, it does indeed say the mobile version will have "newly remastered graphics" and it "makes this the best-looking version of San Andreas yet."

I really doubt that. I remember Rockstar Games also saying about Grand Theft Auto: V, that you have a lot of different ways to complete the heist. Oh wait, only two? I wouldn't really trust a game developer when they are annoucing their new products, and you have to use a bit of common sense. They can't implement a whole new physics engine with detailed shadows and high quality effects, without dropping the performance quite a lot. Of course, San Andreas was a heavy game, and keeps being so with it's one-core-only CPU support.

What I'm saying is, yes, it will look better than San Andreas did back in 2004, that's for sure. They might've also fixed some of those nasty bugs in the original game, and yes, enhanced the graphics. But if, IF, they are still using RenderWare, which they mostly likely are, you can't expect too much.

Well I think they will give a good look. I think that some of the PS2 graphics features cut from the Xbox and PC version may return.

But like III and VC, I expect loss of quality in some spots. The mobile versions of III and VC were both missing fog, clouds, and I think the moon was missing too. Crouching was cut from VC (however I think SA will have it as its a little more important to the game play in SA). I think some other values were ignored in the timecyc.dat because when I used the timecyc for both games on the PC version, it still looked like the PC version. Though, I'm not sure, but I think VC on mobile may of used a striped down version of trails, just giving it the yellowish look.

flame1251
  • flame1251

Flame

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 December 2013 - 10:11 PM Edited by flame1251, 05 December 2013 - 10:29 AM.

SFe, part 27
Chinatown

0_1094a1_d0d96812_L.jpg 0_1094a2_3a397a1a_L.jpg

0_1094a3_c5bb00e3_L.jpg

I advise you not to wait for revelations from the mobile version of SA. It seems to me that the engine will be different. I think, for GTA 3 and VC (mobile versions) they have used another engine, not RenderWare. Content is likely to be almost the same, and all changes will be implemented by the engine.

And more. Once I said that soon there will be something interesting. Then he said it was postponed. Looks like something interesting soon take place.

But soon I will have to think seriously about the release date and I will report that I decided in the news (here and on Mod DB).

And yet another thing. On Mod DB now the competition, 2013 Mod of the Year Awards. You can vote for my HRT 1.4 and for The Seasons mod (Winter Vacation, Spring Season and Endless Summer) and for Ghosts Want Revenge 2: Superscary Edition.

When I thinking about mod future release, really scares me its size. I have a pretty bad Internet and I foresee problems with uploading. :) Somehow I think that this will be most heavy mod for SA.

P.S. Also was changed first post in thread.
  • SuberSeb likes this

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members

Posted 05 December 2013 - 02:19 AM

Are you positive about them not using Renderware? I thought they were modified versions of Renderware, which have some graphics changes, and made to run on ARM processors. They do share a lot of file formats. VC however had the texture format changed for the graphics updates. Bet you SA will be a modified Renderware too.

flame1251
  • flame1251

Flame

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 December 2013 - 10:36 AM Edited by flame1251, 05 December 2013 - 10:39 AM.

Are you positive about them not using Renderware? I thought they were modified versions of Renderware, which have some graphics changes, and made to run on ARM processors. They do share a lot of file formats. VC however had the texture format changed for the graphics updates. Bet you SA will be a modified Renderware too.

For Liberty City Stories and Vice City Stories they used some other engine (in some interview someone from Rockstar said that this is not RenderWare), maybe earlier variant of Rage, so I have a hunch that and mobile versions of GTA are using some other engine, but maybe R* have permission and source code of old RenderWare 3x from old-gen GTA-games and can change it to fit their needs. They often use their own file formats, despite the different engines. Anyway, interesting to see whether the graphics are really improved.

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 05 December 2013 - 11:59 AM

LCS and VCS use an in-house engine simply described as "R*L3D".

flame1251
  • flame1251

Flame

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 December 2013 - 01:42 PM

SFe, part 28
Cluckin Bell

0_109a9c_66b75578_M.jpg

0_109a9b_44fae8bc_M.jpg

0_109a9a_3c1ce542_M.jpg

Ash_735, that's interesting. What do you think, where I can read more about it?
  • SuberSeb likes this

MrMateczko
  • MrMateczko

Simply divine!

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 06 December 2013 - 01:47 PM Edited by MrMateczko, 06 December 2013 - 01:47 PM.

The doors are different! However in the original game, they are not the same either. It's a screwed up logic by SA's designers who threw the same doors to many different buildings. The same thing can be seen in Jimmy's Pleasure Domes. Just look at the doors in the original game. They are different! In order to have the same door, Flame would modifty the DFF for EACH building to make them link to the same TXD as the other door, and not some other shared with other buildings TXD.

flame1251
  • flame1251

Flame

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 December 2013 - 01:55 PM Edited by flame1251, 06 December 2013 - 01:56 PM.

The doors are different! However in the original game, they are not the same either. It's a screwed up logic by SA's designers who threw the same doors to many different buildings. The same thing can be seen in Jimmy's Pleasure Domes. Just look at the doors in the original game. They are different! In order to have the same door, Flame would modifty the DFF for EACH building to make them link to the same TXD as the other door, and not some other shared with other buildings TXD.

Now on screenshots with Cluckin Bell you can see and new door, that I changed in Cluckin Bell textures, and default original door - dynamic door, later I will change and its texture. Maybe I will do Cluckin Bell door more darker.

Yes, original game has only few variants of dynamic doors (through which we enter to interiors), so, often SA's designers have used these few textures and for "static" doors; when I try to add variety - it turns out that one door is different from the other.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users