LaDiDa
  • LaDiDa

I'm only human

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 4 weeks ago

Inside the .col there is a shadow mesh for objects that cast dynamic shadows:
http://gta.wikia.com.../Collision_File

I did not test this feature, but I know that in SA dynamic shadows are "saved" in COL files. Interesting, is it possible to use this for all the buildings, or only for simple things. And is there any mod that uses that feature and adds dynamic shadows for buildings?

Take a look at Ezekiels mapshadows beta: http://gtaforums.com...sa-map-shadows/

It added dynamic shadows for the tall buildings in central LS (they only work with Shadow Settings Extender though). No clue how well the game would handle shadow meshes on all buildings, guess there's only one way to find out :p

• Flame likes this

Flame
  • Flame

Homeboy

• Members
  • Unknown
  • Best Texture Mod 2016 [HRT 1.4]
    Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by Flame, 4 weeks ago.

Take a look at Ezekiels mapshadows beta: http://gtaforums.com...sa-map-shadows/

It added dynamic shadows for the tall buildings in central LS (they only work with Shadow Settings Extender though). No clue how well the game would handle shadow meshes on all buildings, guess there's only one way to find out :p

Thanks, it looks really great. I will look at this mod (I mean how it works), but I don't want to add the new feature to HRT's to do list. :)
  • LaDiDa and Delatom like this

Flame
  • Flame

Homeboy

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 3 weeks ago

Back to LAn section: latest changes on the first section

I welcome again all those who follow the progress in creating this modification. This progress, unfortunately, is very long, but it will bring its results. In the last «full format» news (About the actual state of the mod; vehicles; LAs section is started), that was posted at the beginning of August, I told about the whole situation about mod's creating and terms of finishing work. For me this situation is unpleasant, but now the tempo of the development is quite low, and in that news I've described it in more detail. Also there were listed the main achievements for the last time. Generally, after finishing LAn and LAn2 sections of Los Santos the third part of this city LAs was started. At the same time, work on vehicles was started again.

You will see the images from the third section (LAs) and with vehicles in future posts. And now, due to the fact that I very often return to the sections that are already done and rework many of them again and again, I would like to show you some screenshots of the improved LAn section. As you know, this is the first part of the city and it was finished some time ago. But periodically I returned and made various changes to it. Compared with previous times, a quality of textures was raised, and as always I had found a lot of little defects and even glitches on the models and have fixed them.

What about textures. If earlier limits of the game imposed restrictions, now (thanks to the existence of excellent plugins by community), we can use much more heavy textures without any problems for the game. In connection with this, a lot of textures that earlier were made in 512x512 and 1024x1024 pixels resolution, now were increased to 2048x2048 pixels (I've returned non-optimized variants). Also, as an experiment, in some places I started to use even 4K textures, and in future I'll try to use more such textures.

Well, I offer to back to the first part of Los Santos and see what's new there.

s60197390.jpg s06847822.jpg s97638564.jpg

s01641109.jpg s27225196.jpg s37999056.jpg

s46740731.jpg s42004483.jpg s43359446.jpg

s11769143.jpg s46611863.jpg s10581530.jpg

s76210901.jpg s41187213.jpg s86828038.jpg

s88719380.jpg s67948558.jpg s80635888.jpg

s92713878.jpg s33213600.jpg s70962060.jpg

s03936701.jpg s73190228.jpg s94579057.jpg

s20063977.jpg s98650576.jpg s21919007.jpg

s19510478.jpg s43901750.jpg s69839063.jpg

s06847822.jpg s11950440.jpg

Read full news on hrt-mod.com:
Back to LAn section: latest changes on the first section

See the images also on Mod DB

Also I ask you to pay attention to my Autumn Sunshine mod. This is a massive modification for San Andreas dedicated to the autumn season. It has dozens of new features and really great, as for me, visual style.

• Darkdrium, -Anti-, Dealux and 13 others like this

XenomorphЪ
  • XenomorphЪ

Player Hater

• New Members
  • Russia

Posted 3 weeks ago

love it :inlove:

• Flame likes this

Flame
  • Flame

Homeboy

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by Flame, 2 weeks ago.

Question for you, mates. As you know, some time ago I decided to use some textures from GTA IV, V and re-released on Android LCS. These games have also some common textures with SA, but in better quality (for SA they were reduced in that times). The textures are used not in the initial view; as the other textures, they were matched to colors and contrast of original textures to be similar to the original ones, so they don't look like "textures from V", for example. Also part of textures from other GTA games is small. But I care about "legal" question. How do you think, should I use in further these textures, or would it be better to replace them by my textures\textures from open libraries (it takes time again)?

4Arty
  • 4Arty

sound design

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 2 weeks ago

Well, modding dies. I think you haven't got enoght time for longest way.
  • Flame and MSB165 like this

Flame
  • Flame

Homeboy

• Members
  • Unknown

Who knows, maybe. But I don't think that the modding dies. Such series as GTA will always has a lot of fans, including fans of old games, and it will be always interesting to research games materials, change something... But for me, if be honest, modding is not so interesting, like earlier.

• MSB165 likes this

LaDiDa
  • LaDiDa

I'm only human

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 2 weeks ago

If these textures are non-downscaled textures that are in the game as you say they are, sure, why not use them (doesn't surprise me that they re-use assets). You also mentioned you made the colors match with the rest so that's just a job very well done then.

;)

• Flame likes this

Flame
  • Flame

Homeboy

• Members
  • Unknown

If these textures are non-downscaled textures that are in the game as you say they are, sure, why not use them (doesn't surprise me that they re-use assets). You also mentioned you made the colors match with the rest so that's just a job very well done then.

I also think so, but I use also not only non-downscaled textures, but some ones that it is difficult to made or find, for example the shops facades.

LaDiDa
  • LaDiDa

I'm only human

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 2 weeks ago

I also think so, but I use also not only non-downscaled textures, but some ones that it is difficult to made or find, for example the shops facades.

In that case just do what you think looks best (or provide some screenshots with comparisons and ask for opinions? Not everything has to exactly match vanilla, at least not for me. Some vanilla stuff are also R* mess-ups so in that case changing them could only make it better).

• Flame and MSB165 like this

MSB165
  • MSB165

Trial and error?

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 2 weeks ago

Flame, would not you rather call someone to help you with the project? because with more people in the project, you could finish the mod in a shorter time.

• Flame likes this

Flame
  • Flame

Homeboy

• Members
  • Unknown

Back to LAn section (continue): Different places

This is a continue of previous report. As I wrote, despite the started work with the third part of the Los Santos (LAs), previous parts (LAn and LAn2) were highly updated from previous stages of work. Because of this I offer you to back for some time on this part, and then we move on the LAs.

Here a lot of screenshots with remapped buildings, including minor parts like the metal stairs, roads... From the other time resolution of some textures was raised, because now I use not reduced (because of optimization), but full-size textures (thanks to plugins), how they were done initially. Pay attention also to the new textures of sidewalks.

s39576824.jpg s05626526.jpg s20320437.jpg

s87366691.jpg s94495995.jpg s37293283.jpg

s01026963.jpg s31010238.jpg s36291020.jpg

s31757616.jpg s22952741.jpg s02023404.jpg

s42853239.jpg s18655794.jpg s20581451.jpg

s44926866.jpg s89530054.jpg s75037610.jpg

s18401205.jpg s86786166.jpg

s51778642.jpg s82105087.jpg

Read full news on hrt-mod.com:
Back to LAn section (continue): Different places

See the images also on Mod DB

Flame, would not you rather call someone to help you with the project? because with more people in the project, you could finish the mod in a shorter time.

Doing the mods in team is a really good idea, but I want finish this mod in the same way as it was started.
  • Darkdrium, IlyaKostygov and SolidFrost like this

Flame
  • Flame

Homeboy

• Members
  • Unknown

Also for me is important your opinion about one question: Thoughts about improved HRT Pack 1.3 and the new poll.

Now I started the new poll and it is connected with possible version of old HRT Pack 1.3. For a lot time I think periodically about improving of this old version.

This mod, that was released in 2010, is still very interesting for people and it has 66863 (for today) downloads (version with autoinstaller). For me this mod seems a very simple now, because it was my first global modification for San Andreas, and I see a lot of shortcomings: the textures were made in very naive way, sometimes very bright colors etc. Also it has not MIP mapping feature (in that times it was not popular feature).

So it will be interesting to improve the old version. Not generally improve, of course, not remake all the mod (because for this I do HRT 1.4; HRT 1.4 is made full from scratch and does not share any files from 2010 mod), but fix some shortcomings and add MIP maps.

At the same time it's different question, whether to return to previous works, or leave them, just perceive it as something that is already done and just go ahead, to the next projects.

Anyway, now I'm not doing anything, but I'm just thinking.

LaDiDa
  • LaDiDa

I'm only human

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 2 weeks ago

Those are some awesome improvements over the old (HRT) textures I must say!

Can't find the mentioned poll, but maybe do enhanced versions of your older mods after this project (I mean if that is something you like doing by all means do it!)?

• Flame likes this

Flame
  • Flame

Homeboy

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by Flame, A week ago.

LaDiDa, oh, the poll is in the right part of the site. :) I must raise it higher. Unfortunate it's impossible to put it into the body of material.

but maybe do enhanced versions of your older mods after this project

Maybe. In the same time this (possible) one can be like a such kind of "warm-up" ("opening act").

BTW, all my previous global modifications already were improved (I mean the mods about different seasons), except the winter mod, because I lost all the materials in that times and there is no desire to finish it's improved version.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users