Flame
  • Flame

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Unknown
  • Best Texture Mod 2016 [HRT 1.4]
    Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 25 June 2017 - 05:58 PM

Aaronre99, thanks, the first place (near San Fierro) was fixed in the mod few years ago.

Shakez
  • Shakez

SHAKE IT

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 25 June 2017 - 06:25 PM

Hei Flame
New updates for the rural zone?

LaDiDa
  • LaDiDa

I'm only human

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 25 June 2017 - 08:28 PM

To be honest, there are a lot of those texture mapping issues in all 3D era games, even gta v still has some :D

Aaronre99
  • Aaronre99

BE I

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 25 June 2017 - 11:35 PM

@Flame : If you're good at modelling, you can start a new project called HPM (High ploygon models) :p

Which ends up like insanity map, not to mention models are already being improved with HRT which is all that should be done. High poly is just not going to work out .

If anyone is interested these are main areas that should be modeled5D4.jpg

• Stellasin likes this

Flame
  • Flame

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 26 June 2017 - 07:12 AM

Interesting the source of this map and why exact these points are allocated. In remapping and fixing models I guided by the same judgements - I just will try to improve every object with bad mapping or glitches that I see on the way.

Hei Flame
New updates for the rural zone?

Unfortunately I haven't moved yet to the countryside, but I have a lot of updates for Los Santos and also for vehicles.
  • spartaque12, ClaudeSpeed1911, Vills SkyTerror and 6 others like this

DanteN
  • DanteN

Ninja Style

• Members
  • Pakistan

Posted 29 June 2017 - 08:37 AM

It's Awsome!

• Flame likes this

Flame
  • Flame

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted A week ago Edited by Flame, A week ago.

About the actual state of the mod
Vehicles
LAs section is started

From this news you can know about the actual state of the mod's development; the reason for which the new release date is defined now as «when it's done»; about the release of beta version; the latest changes, connected with LAn and LAn2 sections; start of the works with LAs (the third Los Santos section) and about the vehicles (including completely new images).

(Not to copy all information in the post, please see the full post on mod's site. Here I'll post some screenshots and cite the main)

What was done for the last time?

In December 2016 I wrote about the ending of the works with LAn2, the second part of Los Santos. In this way, were finished LAn and LAn2. But throughout the spring I've greatly remade and improved these sections again.

One of the changes — is using of even more heavy textures than before. When I do a texture, I often try to make it in 2048x2048 pixels resolution. But sometimes, because of the incorrect work of the game, I had to decrease its resolution to 1024x1024 or even 512x512 pixels. But now the game works correctly thanks to many wonderful plugins by the community, and average parameters of users PCs, including graphics cards memory, are better then few years before. And while I improved these sections, I have increased the resolution of these optimized textures to their original 2048x2048 resolution. Also some textures were improved to this resolution.

And as an interesting experiment I'm trying to use in some cases even 4096x4096 pixels resolution textures (what can be called fashionable phrase — 4K).

A lot of places on LAn and LAn2 sections were improved again. Also I found a lot of missed before models defects and have fixed them.

Footage with these improved places are captured some time ago, and I still must mount them to the videos.

In addition, although someone may think this is a trifle, I've seriously changed a structure of my working files, and started to place files in more convenient way. Maybe thanks to this development also will be better.

Some vehicles

A lot of work was done with vehicles. See the previous report for details about the vehicles in the mod, and in this report, below, you can see some fresh images.

Marquis

s23484770.jpg s47867893.jpg

s04608259.jpg s17303142.jpg

s12570808.jpg s16046189.jpg

s26782439.jpg

Bike

s81313557.jpg s36305598.jpg

s24552878.jpg s61271080.jpg

s67648895.jpg

Bloodring Banger

s95210618.jpg s27241092.jpg

s25966525.jpg

LAs section is started

And, finally, the work with the third part of Los Santos, the LAs section, is started. Below you can see a few images, connected with new section. These are two textures of the walls and one texture of the hedgerow, that is also based on the photo

s88214184.jpg s57055967.jpg

s59058021.jpg

Read full news on hrt-mod.com:
About the actual state of the mod; vehicles; LAs section is started

See the images also on Mod DB

• -Anti-, Bondergomme, Flucado and 8 others like this

BobFromReboot
  • BobFromReboot

Hustler

• Members
  • Canada

Posted A week ago

Good to see you're still working on this!

Suggestion: Do a first pass on untouched parts before reworking things you've already done. Everything you've already made, from what I can see in screenshots, is already a huge improvement over the base game. I feel like you're getting yourself stuck in a rut by redoing the same parts over and over again.

• Flame, darkdrifter and LaDiDa like this

LaDiDa
  • LaDiDa

I'm only human

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted A week ago

I have to agree with bob on that, however if things stand out too much because of subpar quality (as you said yourself) I get that you would like to redo that part. It might however be better to keep it as is and after publishing a v1.0/beta get constructive feedback from the community and gather some opinions on what does/doesn't work and then rework with the gathered (constructive) feedback, it could save time in the end.
  • Flame and BobFromReboot like this

iwillr0k
  • iwillr0k

Player Hater

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted A week ago

Wow, that's some dedication! Keep it up! 

• Flame likes this

Flame
  • Flame

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted A week ago

Good to see you're still working on this!

Suggestion: Do a first pass on untouched parts before reworking things you've already done. Everything you've already made, from what I can see in screenshots, is already a huge improvement over the base game. I feel like you're getting yourself stuck in a rut by redoing the same parts over and over again.

I have to agree with bob on that, however if things stand out too much because of subpar quality (as you said yourself) I get that you would like to redo that part.

You're right about this, I must work much more rationally.

Thanks for your good comments!
  • BobFromReboot and LaDiDa like this

IlyaKostygov
  • IlyaKostygov

LIZARD FROM OUTER SPACE

• Members
  • Russia

Posted A week ago

Thanx for update! Good to see that you continue this work. 

• Flame likes this

FreezIn
  • FreezIn

FreezOut

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 5 hours ago

Insane how you are still working on this since 2011 lmao, can't wait when this actually officially gets released, nice work man.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users