SA WIP
1,760 replies to this topic
Flame
  • Flame

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Unknown
  • Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 28 April 2014 - 06:26 PM Edited by flame1251, 28 April 2014 - 09:15 PM.

SFe, part 40. Numnutz submarine

Today I want to show you USS Numnutz submarine in HRT 1.4.

This submarine (it's name pronounced as numb nuts; also name – is reference to real USS Nimitz carrier) located in San Fierro (section SFe) near the pier.

0_13ec81_5ecaedde_M.jpg 0_13ec84_cf38eb5f_M.jpg

(Textures of building windows will be fixed, now they have non-ideal seamless).

0_13ec82_42541858_M.jpg 0_13ec85_f0b42363_M.jpg

On model was added movable reflection to create illusion of low surface gloss.

You can see these screenshots also on Mod DB

Read news about this on hrt-mod.com: SFe: Numnutz submarine

• Danikov, TJGM, KubaTaky and 1 other like this

MrMateczko
  • MrMateczko

~yay!

• Members
  • Poland
  • Helpfulness Award [Chain Game]

Posted 28 April 2014 - 07:06 PM

The name is too clear, it should be more dirty, scratched.
Also the model, while in HD and reflections, it looks too plain comparing to the original one:

http://img2.wikia.no...umnutz_(SA).jpg

KubaTaky
  • KubaTaky

AMD

• Members
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 28 April 2014 - 07:08 PM Edited by KubaTaky, 28 April 2014 - 07:09 PM.

Well, that's incredible progress! I applaud the submarine is really super .. Textures are cool .. In truth, I must say that I can not wait to drool over screens here xD

Large differences are seen at first sight!

• Flame likes this

XxSpawnxX
  • XxSpawnxX

lol, idk. bruh.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 April 2014 - 12:34 AM

I agree with MrMateczko. Also, the water looks weird, I don't recall the water looking like that, I apologize if I'm wrong though. Will you retexture the water as well?

SilverRST
  • SilverRST

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 April 2014 - 01:21 AM

Numnutz. Lol, you gotta love GTA SA with its humor.

And agreed, the submarine looks nothing like a submarine but just some plain concrete suppository.

• MrMateczko likes this

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

OG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 April 2014 - 07:08 AM

Not positive if this has been asked before, but are there any plans to create normal maps for this?

Flame
  • Flame

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 29 April 2014 - 04:59 PM Edited by flame1251, 29 April 2014 - 05:02 PM.

The name is too clear, it should be more dirty, scratched.
Also the model, while in HD and reflections, it looks too plain comparing to the original one:

http://img2.wikia.no...umnutz_(SA).jpg

Metal "blocks" on the texture now unnoticeable, yes, but I do not plan to redo this texture; I have a lot of work, I can not "stumble" on this texture (but maybe later I will improve it), we all want mod this year.

I agree with MrMateczko. Also, the water looks weird, I don't recall the water looking like that, I apologize if I'm wrong though. Will you retexture the water as well?

This is an original texture of water. Yes, in mod will be new particle effects textures, I think even better then in Endless Summer\Autumn Sunshine (and The Seasons) mods.

Not positive if this has been asked before, but are there any plans to create normal maps for this?

No. At the moment we do not see finished, stable and optimized decision for normal maps in game.

• IlyaKostygov likes this

Flame
  • Flame

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 30 April 2014 - 01:49 PM Edited by flame1251, 30 April 2014 - 01:53 PM.

SFe, part 41. Numnutz submarine (continuation)

As been told, model of this submarine was fixed. In this report you can see two images (3ds Max renders) with comparisons of models.

Even this secondary object was re-textured with new texture mapping on model; added one new material — own texture of screw (earlier for screw was used same texture as for whole object).

0_13f1cc_2cc3644b_M.jpg 0_13f1cb_37409580_M.jpg

How to open full-size image on Yandex image hosting? Click on «...» and then on «Показать оригинал» (Original image).
You can see this screenshots also on Mod DB

Read news about this on hrt-mod.com: SFe: Numnutz submarine (continuation)

• uokka, KubaTaky and IlyaKostygov like this

Flame
  • Flame

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 04 May 2014 - 10:10 AM Edited by flame1251, 04 May 2014 - 09:34 PM.

SFe, part 42. Ferry Building

Ferry Building is located on the section on which I working. Despite the old technologies and so on, we always can recognize real San Francisco places because we seen these places in GTA: San Andreas.

Same situation and with Ferry Building. Of course, in the game this is not so large, giant place, but it very similar to the analogue from real life.

0_1402e3_39645034_M.jpg 0_1402e4_2b3003fc_M.jpg

As you see, not only textures, but model of Ferry Building fixed in HRT 1.4.

0_1402df_bf0f6adb_M.jpg

Read news about this on hrt-mod.com: SFe: Ferry Building

By the way, I have never been in real SF, and you? :)

• :twitch: and KubaTaky like this

Flame
  • Flame

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 06 May 2014 - 08:32 PM Edited by flame1251, 13 May 2014 - 09:07 PM.

SFe, part 43. Ferry Building

On the images in this report (or, if be more correct, renders from 3ds Max) you can sure that model of Ferry Building was really fixed and improved in HRT 1.4.

On first render you can see non-ideal mapping of textures on the default model, this was fixed in my mod. Second image — for tower of building used same texture as for some other part of object, this texture is very stretched. Not only this part of model used new material that made special for it (believe me, it is done very, very often for HRT 1.4), and last, third image – the same situation.

By the way, when I retexture this building, I tried to make textures from real photos of that building. It appeared that and this not so easy as I thought. In Internet almost not photos where Ferry Building was captured ideally from the front of from the side (and evenly).

0_141774_9b5e1d4a_M.jpg 0_141775_86b1a519_M.jpg 0_141776_dbe0788a_M.jpg

Read news about this on hrt-mod.com: Ferry Building (continuation)

• :twitch:, Kalvin, KubaTaky and 1 other like this

Semih95
  • Semih95

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 May 2014 - 12:03 PM Edited by Semih95, 07 May 2014 - 12:06 PM.

By the way, when I retexture this building, I tried to make textures from real photos of that building. It appeared that and this not so easy as I thought. In Internet almost not photos where Ferry Building was captured ideally from the front of from the side (and evenly).

You should ask someone who lives in SF and make the real photos with the perfect point of view :D

BTW  Its great that you dont only retexture the map with better textures which looks similar but also you fixing all these texture buges :inlove: . Have a :cookie: .

• Flame likes this

IlyaKostygov
  • IlyaKostygov

I AM THE LIZARD KING I CAN DO ANYTHING

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 07 May 2014 - 02:39 PM

Looks amazing! Good work and get some cookies.  :cookie:  :cookie:  :cookie:  :cookie:  :cookie:

• Flame likes this

Flame
  • Flame

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 07 May 2014 - 11:20 PM

You should ask someone who lives in SF and make the real photos with the perfect point of view :D

BTW  Its great that you dont only retexture the map with better textures which looks similar but also you fixing all these texture buges :inlove: . Have a :cookie: .

Yes, but I do not know, who can help me. So, I am trying to search on the Internet. Of course, very often I using textures from another places: Ukrainian wall can be stylized for wall from San Francisco. :D I like make textures from my photos, but my own library does not always universal (because this I search textures), it is necessary to expand.

If anyone want to take photos from San Francisco, Vegas or Los Angeles specially for textures - he can write me.

Semih95, IlyaKostygov, thanks, guys, and for cookies.

• IlyaKostygov likes this

KubaTaky
  • KubaTaky

AMD

• Members
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 09 May 2014 - 08:15 AM

Beauty should look like GTA .. Texture mapping .. just super, I really can not wait.

• Flame likes this

Flame
  • Flame

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 13 May 2014 - 08:48 PM Edited by flame1251, 14 May 2014 - 03:13 PM.

SFe, part 44. Ferry Building

0_143277_688f421c_M.jpg
(This place in real life)

Some new screenshots with Ferry Building and last screenshots with this place at this time. For clock on the tower was used textures that made from real photo with that clock on Ferry Building in San Francisco.

0_14326a_58ce545f_M.jpg 0_14326b_fb0f783d_M.jpg

0_14326c_d63b82b8_M.jpg 0_14326d_f4a57309_M.jpg

0_14326e_233d2007_M.jpg 0_14326f_97b9d0d5_M.jpg

Read news about this on hrt-mod.com: Ferry Building (continuation)

• KubaTaky and BlackScout like this

Infernus Sancouve
  • Infernus Sancouve

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 May 2014 - 01:49 PM

If you want, I can help with the logos in Chinatown as my primary language is Chinese.

• Flame likes this

Flame
  • Flame

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 29 May 2014 - 10:06 AM Edited by flame1251, 29 May 2014 - 12:35 PM.

If you want, I can help with the logos in Chinatown as my primary language is Chinese.

Thanks for your suggestion! I wrote few signs on buildings in Chinese (I used translator). Are everything okay with them? And, I think, globally I finished work with Chinatown.

Does anyone can help me with one problem with MEd? I must solve it to continue work on the mod.

MEd (map editor) rendering only LODs, but I need this tool to work. As will be stupid if development is interrupted because of this crap.

AeroFX
  • AeroFX

"All can be changed"

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 29 May 2014 - 02:09 PM

what the problems..? if the problem is when you loading and stopped on audiozon.(whatever i dont remember the extension) the way is Run as windows XP....

Right Click on shortcut---> choose "Properties"---> tab "Compatibility" ---> Check on "Run this program in compability mode for: (Change it to WindowsXP)"..

i have this problem and on above is the way..

i hope is usefull..

sorry for my bad english..

• Flame likes this

BLlTZ
  • BLlTZ

Typical behaviour for someone with your condition.

• Members
  • None
  • Best Texture/Model 2013 "SRt3 2012 Mipmap Edition"

Posted 29 May 2014 - 03:31 PM

Since I worked around these content, can you show, Flame, some screens of how it looks in Med, plus screens of Med settings.

• Flame likes this

Flame
  • Flame

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 29 May 2014 - 08:18 PM Edited by flame1251, 29 May 2014 - 08:19 PM.

Thank you for responding and desire to help. I run Med in XP, so, in XP I do not need set compatibility mode; in Windows 7 I tried to run Med in compatibility mode with XP (SP2 and SP3) and even more old systems.

And this is not connected with game copy or game files (and audiozon), because I try to run Med and with original game.

Here is screenshot with Med that displays only LODs and settings file.

0_1471ce_344c308c_S.jpg

In Med settings selected "Normal distance" (not LODs) in "View".

BLlTZ
  • BLlTZ

Typical behaviour for someone with your condition.

• Members
  • None
  • Best Texture/Model 2013 "SRt3 2012 Mipmap Edition"

Posted 30 May 2014 - 06:19 AM Edited by BLlTZ, 30 May 2014 - 06:23 AM.

So you get only Lods even if in "View" Tab, "Normal Distance" is checked and not "Long Distance(LOD) is unchecked/disabled, right ?

Have you tried to reinstall it ? Look in the registry through regedit and search for any Med reg. files and erase them. It could be possible from a continous use of Med Editor over an unfreshed WinXP which reg keys have been mixed up at some point.

----------

Did you tried to view the objects through IPL Tab and click on the objects from the list once LAn.IPL was generated or IDE Tab if not.

• Flame likes this

Flame
  • Flame

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 30 May 2014 - 08:33 AM

BLlTZ, yes, I have LODs and if "Normal Distance" enabled. Now I tried to clean register from Med, I already tried to reinstall earlier (if some files have been broken, it could help).

But I opened "Help" > "About my system window" and saw "Unsupported Extension: GL_EXT_PALETTED_TEXTURE". I remembered one thing, I faced off with this problem few years ago. Problem was or almost the same, or I just have seem black screen without objects or textures in Med. If I not mistaken, this is connected with unsupported compression textures - maybe for OpenGL, few years ago I reinstall driver to the old one and it was helped me. But now, in Windows XP, when I fully cleaned driver and reinstall old one, it does not helped. Maybe have sense reinstall old over the new, and then reinstall new again.

AtikiN
  • AtikiN

Player Hater

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 30 May 2014 - 10:44 AM Edited by AtikiN, 30 May 2014 - 10:52 AM.

flame1251, I did not encounter this problem. What video card you have? For example, my is AMD Radeon HD 6670 and lastert version of Catalyst Drivers are installed.

AeroFX
  • AeroFX

"All can be changed"

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 30 May 2014 - 03:03 PM

BLlTZ, yes, I have LODs and if "Normal Distance" enabled. Now I tried to clean register from Med, I already tried to reinstall earlier (if some files have been broken, it could help).

But I opened "Help" > "About my system window" and saw "Unsupported Extension: GL_EXT_PALETTED_TEXTURE". I remembered one thing, I faced off with this problem few years ago. Problem was or almost the same, or I just have seem black screen without objects or textures in Med. If I not mistaken, this is connected with unsupported compression textures - maybe for OpenGL, few years ago I reinstall driver to the old one and it was helped me. But now, in Windows XP, when I fully cleaned driver and reinstall old one, it does not helped. Maybe have sense reinstall old over the new, and then reinstall new again.

Yeah.. i have that problem too. even in newer VGA than @AtikiN... This is the image..

2059uac.jpg

Flame
  • Flame

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 31 May 2014 - 12:13 AM Edited by flame1251, 31 May 2014 - 08:28 AM.

Before this problem I updated my drivers to latest ones; because of problem, yesterday and today I tried again a lot of variants: install old drivers from pack with videocard (ASUS EAH5750) over the new, again full cleaning of drivers and install new, full cleaning of drivers and install old drivers from pack etc. Very interesting that I had a lot of problems and with installation of drivers, I mean installer that, I do not why, sometimes displayed errors messages (and not only for me, as said Google). So, now I installed 13.12 version of driver after cleaning (I had to install videodriver separately from its folder, because AMD's installer does not work normally); same problem with 14.4 drivers, latest.

All is okay with image, but in Med the same problem, the same "Unsupported Extension: GL_EXT_PALETTED_TEXTURE". In Internet I cannot search information how to solve it. I will write to AMD and I hope, their support can help me.

Did you tried to view the objects through IPL Tab and click on the objects from the list once LAn.IPL was generated or IDE Tab if not.

When I click on IPL, I see only LOD-variants of models. I think, Med displays LODs because it cannot display normal objects because they have compressed (or "palleted", as written in that error message, I do not, what does it means) textures.

It's "funny" that these problems appeared suddenly... For no apparent reason on my way there are new obstacles.

Flame
  • Flame

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 01 June 2014 - 04:03 PM Edited by flame1251, 28 June 2014 - 10:47 PM.

SFe, part 45. Otto's Autos

Despite the difficulties, I have few screenshots for you.

Well, there is first day of summer, this wonderful time of the year, that is favorite for a lot of people. Let's try to spend this summer good!

Today were released some new screenshots from HRT 1.4. Still SFe section. Sometimes I think: will this section be finished sometime?! But I know: yes.

This is Otto's Autos showroom. It located at the northeast end of Downtown San Fierro, across from Esplanade East.

0_147386_d5c76377_M.jpg 0_147387_cc261f59_M.jpg 0_147385_74db98aa_M.jpg

Read news about this on hrt-mod.com: Otto's Autos

• Semih95, KubaTaky and AeroFX like this

MCThug
  • MCThug

Dum de dum de dum de dum

• Members
  • Wallis-And-Futuna

Posted 09 June 2014 - 12:51 AM Edited by MCThug, 09 June 2014 - 12:57 AM.

flame, would this picture help you with anything?

30cxele.jpg

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

OG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 June 2014 - 02:54 AM

As pointed out in the Silent Patch thread, the PS2 version has more vegetation than the PC does. Do you think you may use the PS2 vegetation in this as it is more dense? (Obviously with updated textures.)

Flame
  • Flame

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 09 June 2014 - 09:08 AM Edited by flame1251, 09 June 2014 - 09:11 AM.

MCThug, thanks, but that picture with watermark. This is commercial photo and I must buy it for using, if I want to adhere to legal principles.

nkjellman, it is theoretically possible, but a lot of location changing may have consequences, which can adversely affect the compatibility with other mods. However, compatibility with other mods is already too complicated thing for HRT 1.4. It is unlikely that I can just move IPL-files with added vegetation from PS2 version; I never researched it and do not know how things are there with files.

I can (if I decide to do this) neatly and nicely install more vegetation on location with Med. But Med does not work.

And I still must to decide this problem if I want continue working with mod. Of course, I can take textures names from IDE-files, but for me very important also see, what is this object that I want retexture, how it looks, can I add reflection or fix model, or not. On one forum about videcards I was told that support of this extension through which displays textures Med could be removed in later drivers. It is not clear why a rollback to the older driver does not return it to me.

MCThug
  • MCThug

Dum de dum de dum de dum

• Members
  • Wallis-And-Futuna

Posted 09 June 2014 - 09:32 AM Edited by MCThug, 09 June 2014 - 09:37 AM.

Oh, okay. Btw, i would like to ask, will you add new vegetation or retexture the peds?

And if the mod is done, would you ever give permission for somebody to convert this mod to mobile?

Because, if that's the case, i would love to. (Of course, the 2048x2048 textures would have to be converted to be 1024x1024 first to not cause lag.)

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users