• Legomanarthur

We all want peace! But my peace, not their f*cking peace

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 06 February 2014 - 08:45 PM

Awesome find :O

Tony.
  • Tony.

We need to build a Walmart. And it has to be built quickly!

• The Yardies
  • United-States

Posted 06 February 2014 - 09:48 PM

Very cool finds! There being a barbershop would have made sense, considering there were two other hairstyles Niko had in pre-release trailers and screenshots, one of them being a buzzcut and another similar to the final hairsyle but combed forward and slightly longer. I'm sure they had other haircuts planned, plus jewelry. IV seems like it really was going to be a lot closer to SA in terms of options, but they really scaled back.

Also, I like how they've had the idea for a square radar years before V even started development.

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 February 2014 - 07:38 AM

Yeah IV was going to be a lot different. There was originally going to be countryside, and the entire map would be called "Liberty State" and contain Liberty City. There was also mention of something called the Caymen Islands or something.

With all the maps mods people have made, I'm surprised no one has made a map that adds some northern countryside based on the northern part of New York. Since that is what it most likely would have been based on.

• UltraGizmo64, Jeansowaty and TheRealCMPUNKFan like this

Jeansowaty
  • Jeansowaty

Have no fear, Olek is here! Mwahahaha...

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 09 February 2014 - 02:55 PM

The Carraways were meant to appear too.

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 February 2014 - 05:51 PM

Yes that's what I was thinking of! The Carraways, not the Cayman Islands or whatever.

• TheRealCMPUNKFan likes this

Tony.
  • Tony.

We need to build a Walmart. And it has to be built quickly!

• The Yardies
  • United-States

Posted 09 February 2014 - 11:33 PM

I think the Carraways were meant to be their version of The Hamptons, on the far end of Long Island, so it probably would have been east of Dukes. I actually made a map years ago with both Long Island and northern New York attached to it, if I can find the thread I posted it in, I'll share it. I made it after finding out from an article someone in another thread posted that the first draft of the map was based on the entire state of New York, but they decided they wanted to just have one detailed city as opposed to an entire state with less detail. Most likely, nothing from this map made it past the drawing board, it was probably from very early planning, but it's still interesting to know about, and I wish they could have shown us this map somehow (I know I'd be interested in seeing it).

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

GTA III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLAD, TBoGT and V all 100%

• Members
  • None
  • Best Avatar 2012
    Winner of Euro 2012 Prediction League

Posted 10 February 2014 - 12:12 AM

Why did they remove all this sh*t from the main game?

So that when they put pinball in GTA VI it gives us all a reason to go out and buy it as its never been in a GTA game before :p

• TheRealCMPUNKFan likes this

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Left to rust

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 February 2014 - 12:59 AM Edited by RoadRunner71, 10 February 2014 - 01:00 AM.

Hairstyles? I would have killed to give Niko a mullet like Bono's...

r7cRduT.png

I found these inside the wtd files for the phone a few months ago. It gives a better view of the barbershop and possibly an unfinished liquor store interior. They must have been taken extremely early in development, since Rockstar said Niko would have limited customization as far back as 2007.

Has anyone found that building (if it was included)?

If that building still was in it could have an interior, obviously inaccesible and without practically details inside, just the shape, but that could give some proof about the possible liquor stores in the beta.

PS. R*, you bastards could have deleted the stupid arcade machine instead of the pinball -.-

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

GTA III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLAD, TBoGT and V all 100%

• Members
  • None
  • Best Avatar 2012
    Winner of Euro 2012 Prediction League

Posted 10 February 2014 - 01:32 AM

PS. R*, you bastards could have deleted the stupid arcade machine instead of the pinball -.-

Pinball over QUB3D?

I agree. :^:

• Tony., Mr. Jago and PhillBellic like this

Plank.
  • Plank.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 February 2014 - 03:31 AM

Two more things found in the "phone" files. High Quality renders of Mikhail Faustin and Elizabeta:

6uL9wDG.png

6iYWzH0.png

• UltraGizmo64, spitfire 26 rus, Sweet Bellic and 1 other like this

DJToni
  • DJToni

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 February 2016 - 11:50 AM

Two more things found in the "phone" files. High Quality renders of Mikhail Faustin and Elizabeta:

6uL9wDG.png

6iYWzH0.png

Are those their mugshots from the LCPD computer?

googleplex2010
  • googleplex2010

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 February 2016 - 09:47 PM

Iv'e been contacting Rockstar seeing who the team of people were who made the beta map of gta iv. Its been 8 years since gta iv came out, if  they can find someone who still has the files I might ask to have them.

• Sweet Bellic likes this

Jestic
  • Jestic

Chris

• GTA Mods Staff
  • Netherlands
  • Helpfulness Award
    Contribution Award [Mods]
    Best Conversion 2014 [ViIV for GTANY Contribution]
    Best Map 2011 [IVSA]
    Modding Milestone [IVSA/Ped Paths]
    Best Map 2013 [ViceCityStories PC Edition][Contribution]

Posted 18 February 2016 - 10:11 PM

Iv'e been contacting Rockstar seeing who the team of people were who made the beta map of gta iv. Its been 8 years since gta iv came out, if  they can find someone who still has the files I might ask to have them.

Do tell how much luck you had so far contacting the actual developers. And I don't mean the "We'll make sure to forward your message to the right department" automated message from the contact form.

• universetwisters, Alchemist, Mr. Leisurewear and 5 others like this

Alchemist
  • Alchemist

no u

• Zaibatsu
  • Italy
  • The Congressional Medal of sh*tposting
    Most Talented Graphics Artist 2015
    Most Improved Member 2015
    Best General Topic 2015 [GTAForums Newbie Guide 2.0]
    Best Poster [Technology] 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Best New Gang 2014 [RBE]
    Helpfulness Award [GTA V]

Posted 18 February 2016 - 10:25 PM

Its been 8 years since gta iv came out, if  they can find someone who still has the files I might ask to have them.

This made me chortle.

• Jestic, Ma-mothers-Ma-Sister, Midnight Hitman and 1 other like this

Ma-mothers-Ma-Sister
  • Ma-mothers-Ma-Sister

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 19 February 2016 - 03:06 AM

Its been 8 years since gta iv came out, if  they can find someone who still has the files I might ask to have them.

This made me chortle.
Gave me dierria

googleplex2010
  • googleplex2010

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 February 2016 - 10:29 PM

Do tell how much luck you had so far contacting the actual developers. And I don't mean the "We'll make sure to forward your message to the right department" automated message from the contact form.

They have the names of the people who worked on the map and enviornment, now I have to find the contact info for them because some left R* after iv.

Jestic
  • Jestic

Chris

• GTA Mods Staff
  • Netherlands
  • Helpfulness Award
    Contribution Award [Mods]
    Best Conversion 2014 [ViIV for GTANY Contribution]
    Best Map 2011 [IVSA]
    Modding Milestone [IVSA/Ped Paths]
    Best Map 2013 [ViceCityStories PC Edition][Contribution]

Posted 21 February 2016 - 11:30 PM

the names of the people who worked on the map and enviornment

http://www.gamefaqs....-auto-iv/credit

• Sweet Bellic likes this

Sweet Bellic
  • Sweet Bellic

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 21 February 2016 - 11:36 PM Edited by GTA4LIFE9000, 21 February 2016 - 11:39 PM.

Good luck bro :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users