Guild Wars 2

128 replies to this topic
Grandal.
  • Grandal.

Insert witty title here

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 28 August 2012 - 04:31 PM

My highest character (Norn Warrior) is only 12 right now. Between work, NFL and mild A.D.D. I just can't level like I was hoping too. I keep bouncing around between characters and spend most my time gathering.

Loving the game so far, main complaint is the trading post still isn't up but I know they are working on it. Good to see there are atleast a few people here playing, all on different servers but it is nice to have folks to chat with about the game rah.gif

Bernard Jazz
  • Bernard Jazz

Dud dats not gas, dats a chikn.

• Members

Posted 28 August 2012 - 06:13 PM

QUOTE (Rebel @ Tuesday, Aug 28 2012, 13:59)
Uhhh, I don't even know what profession I picked during creating my character?

Arena.Net just released an online manual.
Might be worth checking it out.

Davo the Assassin
  • Davo the Assassin

Andolini Mafia Family - Blood is thicker than Water

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 29 August 2012 - 05:29 PM

Hey guys, I just picked this game up, and seem to be having issues authenticating my email address. Has anyone else had this problem, or just me?

Grandal.
  • Grandal.

Insert witty title here

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 29 August 2012 - 06:04 PM

You may want to follow them on twitter or something, they seem to be constantly updating and discussing known issues.

CLICK HERE

Just a few but may have a answer for you.

Rebel
  • Rebel

Woop Woop!

• Members
  • Olympics

Posted 29 August 2012 - 08:04 PM

Yeah emails are still down, as are some things in game. I just had to leave game actually since there's some major lag issues going on in the lower level areas.

Audiophile
  • Audiophile

Soothe us with sweet lies...

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 29 August 2012 - 09:41 PM Edited by Audiophile, 30 August 2012 - 12:37 AM.

I am really impressed with the water in this game. I love just swimming around, especially diving. They did a great job with that.

EDIT: Here's a video I recorded of the water. I apologise for the size. I finally got a decent video rendering program and I forgot to change the settings I had in FRAPS. Kind of pissed me off since I didn't notice until after but...now I know for next time.

And yes, I look like a noob. Currently I am a level 8 warrior.

Davo the Assassin
  • Davo the Assassin

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 30 August 2012 - 05:14 PM

I've been playing the last 3-4 hours as a Human Ranger, and I gotta say that I'm loving the experience so far! The events are fun, and I don't feel like I've had to do any grinding as of yet (Though alittle hanging around for things to spawn once or twice). The levelling is slow, but I don't seem to find that a problem, I still find I'm meeting interesting challenges regularly.

Furthermore, loving the artwork and some of the background artwork, absolutely epic! Taken like 50 screens already! Top marks so far!

lt_yao
  • lt_yao

Satie

• Members

Posted 30 August 2012 - 06:08 PM

Been playing for God knows how long, level 44 Charr Warrior. Just did the Shatterer Event and got nothing, not even XP for participating...

Davo the Assassin
  • Davo the Assassin

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 30 August 2012 - 07:27 PM

Would you say the game is still good as you level up higher? Provided, of course, you thought it was good in the first place!

Audiophile
  • Audiophile

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 30 August 2012 - 07:28 PM

Well I finally reached level 10. Leveling is pretty slow for me.

What crafting profession(s) have you all decided on?

Davo the Assassin
  • Davo the Assassin

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 30 August 2012 - 07:36 PM

I've gone for Leather-working, considering its the armour I wear. I don't know what other ones to go for though, any recommendations?

lt_yao
  • lt_yao

Satie

• Members

Posted 30 August 2012 - 07:41 PM

QUOTE (Davo the Assassin @ Thursday, Aug 30 2012, 22:27)
Would you say the game is still good as you level up higher? Provided, of course, you thought it was good in the first place!

Yup, it only gets better, and it doesn't take long to level, I can do 6 levels in about 4 hours, that's after you hit 30. Levels 1 through 10 take about 2 hours if not less. Just do events and hearts, quickest way, another good way once you're higher level is WvW PvP. That will give you a lot of needed XP if you listen to orders issued and participate in sieges/defences.

Rebel
  • Rebel

Woop Woop!

• Members
  • Olympics

Posted 30 August 2012 - 07:59 PM

I seemed to of found myself a skill point I cannot get in an underground worm cave. Its odd. Also, really enjoying the game so far, I migrated to a different server since its free and I somehow ended up on a French/Russian/Polish server.

Davo the Assassin
  • Davo the Assassin

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 30 August 2012 - 08:07 PM

Shall we get a GTAF Guild(Or whatever they're called in this I forget) gong? Haha. Also what servers are you guys all on?

Remix
  • Remix

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 31 August 2012 - 02:11 AM

QUOTE (Davo the Assassin @ Thursday, Aug 30 2012, 20:07)
Shall we get a GTAF Guild(Or whatever they're called in this I forget) gong? Haha. Also what servers are you guys all on?

Yeah, I definitely think we should! It's hard though because we're all on different servers. At least it would give us a way to communicate in-game though!

How many frames per second is everyone getting? I'm barely getting 30 most of the time, but the game is running on almost everything high (and I'm playing on an iMac - judge me).

Rebel
  • Rebel

Woop Woop!

• Members
  • Olympics

Posted 31 August 2012 - 10:36 AM

I just moved to Gandara since its apparently an unofficial English speaking server. I've no idea what framerate I get, but I never lag (apart from everyone on server was)

Davo the Assassin
  • Davo the Assassin

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 31 August 2012 - 12:21 PM

I'm running ~50FPS constantly, with everything set as high as possible. My server is Blacktide, which I just randomly picked.

lt_yao
  • lt_yao

Satie

• Members

Posted 31 August 2012 - 12:22 PM

I play on Gandara, if you want to add me the name's Burghtwood Toughorn.

I'm all up for a GTAF guild.

Edit: Ding lvl 50.

FullMetal
  • FullMetal

Non-Retard

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 31 August 2012 - 12:57 PM

Is this game worth checking out for a non MMO(RPG) player? I kind of enjoyed playing TOR at a friend's place but I always hated WoW. This looks interesting.

Rebel
  • Rebel

Woop Woop!

• Members
  • Olympics

Posted 31 August 2012 - 02:15 PM

As someone who plays WoW I can safely say its nothing like it and I'm so happy about it. WoW seems to hold your hand and made you do ''Go here and kill X amount of god knows what'' where as GW2 I've found that you can basically go around and do your personal story - as well as explore the world, have a ton of random events happen which basically leads into a mass of other players helping you out towards an end goal for XP and gold. Sure you still have to kill stuff but honestly its kind of hard to do some stuff on your own. They scale back your level even in your personal story & areas which means you've basically got to know what the f*ck your doing with your class and rely on the community. Its fantastic. Earlier I was level 13 doing some random event with about 15 other people about having to kill some level 15 enemy. Took us about 5-8 minutes to actually down the bugger because he was so solid. We had to rely on each other, we had to keep going around to ress people so we could continue the fight and kill him.

Honestly, WoW is so sub par compared to this game. In WoW nobody gives a f*ck about helping each other if they can help it. Even in dungeons people don't want to pull their weight. In GW2 I feel like there's a real commitment to helping each other out in these world events because everybody needs XP and rewards and basically you can't kill stuff all on your own sometimes.

@Davo - I used to play on Blacktide, but found out its mostly French/Russian/Polish server so I switched over to Gandara which is mostly English.

Davo the Assassin
  • Davo the Assassin

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 31 August 2012 - 05:14 PM Edited by Davo the Assassin, 31 August 2012 - 07:37 PM.

I used to play WoW up to Burning Crusade level, and this game just feels a lot more 'fresh' than WoW ever did. Though ultimately, its still a game where you're going here and there to kill/talk to certain things, it does it in a way that doesn't make it obvious. Also, rather than having 'Killing 20 of X' as the only way to complete the quest, in GW2, you can 'Kill 20 of X', or 'Fix 20 of Y', or 'Help 10 people' or any mixture, to complete the quest. I like that, especially if you can't find what you have to kill, then you just do the other criteria.

At first I didn't like the scaling back of the level, but now I appreciate it to a degree, it makes its so nothing become too easy.

I was bored of the story at first, but now I've done a few, I'm actually finding it really good! I must avenge my sister! Haha.

Only one annoyance thus far. I was fighting a Behemoth -a huge ass monster than requires like 20-30 people working together to even have a chance of bringing down- which was down to ~40% HP, when suddenly I DC'ed. Man was I raging like hell... No loot or EXP for me. I tried to get back in, but was instead should in the Overflow server... BAH!

@Rebel: I've now gone over to Gandara.

@lt: I can't seem to find you on Gandara?

Also, for anyone intersted, I set up a Guild on Gandara called 'Grand Theft Auto Forums', unoriginal I know. If anyone wants to join feel free, though if its not worth it due to numbers, I'll sack it in.

Remix
  • Remix

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 01 September 2012 - 05:30 AM

QUOTE (Davo the Assassin @ Friday, Aug 31 2012, 17:14)
I used to play WoW up to Burning Crusade level, and this game just feels a lot more 'fresh' than WoW ever did. Though ultimately, its still a game where you're going here and there to kill/talk to certain things, it does it in a way that doesn't make it obvious.

Yeah, almost all quests revolve around killing x amount of enemies or collecting x amount of items. It's still fun, though.

I'm really getting into the game now. Level 42! I still die way too quickly, even after putting 10 points into the defence(?) trait line. Completing 100% of a map can get a bit overwhelming, so I've been breaking it up by doing story missions, crafting and just killing mobs for an hour or so (even though the xp isn't that great).

Audiophile
  • Audiophile

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 01 September 2012 - 07:36 AM

Well. I finally reached level 14. I heard leveling a warrior is harder than other classes, is this true? My friend is a ranger and he managed to go from level 14 to 18 in a matter of hours today while I went from 12 to 14.

I take it the guilds are only server based? If so, shame. If not, i'll join as me and my friend are looking for one and don't want to start our own. I am on Blackgate so I doubt its possible. Makes sense since we wouldn't be able to play together if we're on different servers. confused.gif

I feel like a retard and noob because I'm level 14 after all this time and you guys are like in the 40's. lol.gif

Davo the Assassin
  • Davo the Assassin

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 01 September 2012 - 09:51 AM Edited by Davo the Assassin, 01 September 2012 - 10:08 AM.

Don't worry I'm only level 16! Well, why don't you and your friend server transfer over to Gandara? This week its free. It might take alittle waiting, but they switch over to high sometimes and you get transfer in. It doesn't affect your character at all.

I figure if we want to give this guild a real chance, we accept people who may not be GTAF, but are friends/seem really cool/keen, otherwise, if we limit purely to forum members, we'll have, at best maybe 5 members haha!

lt_yao
  • lt_yao

Satie

• Members

Posted 01 September 2012 - 03:23 PM

QUOTE (Davo the Assassin @ Friday, Aug 31 2012, 20:14)
I used to play WoW up to Burning Crusade level, and this game just feels a lot more 'fresh' than WoW ever did. Though ultimately, its still a game where you're going here and there to kill/talk to certain things, it does it in a way that doesn't make it obvious. Also, rather than having 'Killing 20 of X' as the only way to complete the quest, in GW2, you can 'Kill 20 of X', or 'Fix 20 of Y', or 'Help 10 people' or any mixture, to complete the quest. I like that, especially if you can't find what you have to kill, then you just do the other criteria.

At first I didn't like the scaling back of the level, but now I appreciate it to a degree, it makes its so nothing become too easy.

I was bored of the story at first, but now I've done a few, I'm actually finding it really good! I must avenge my sister! Haha.

Only one annoyance thus far. I was fighting a Behemoth -a huge ass monster than requires like 20-30 people working together to even have a chance of bringing down- which was down to ~40% HP, when suddenly I DC'ed. Man was I raging like hell... No loot or EXP for me. I tried to get back in, but was instead should in the Overflow server... BAH!

@Rebel: I've now gone over to Gandara.

@lt: I can't seem to find you on Gandara?

Also, for anyone intersted, I set up a Guild on Gandara called 'Grand Theft Auto Forums', unoriginal I know. If anyone wants to join feel free, though if its not worth it due to numbers, I'll sack it in.

Did you spell it right?

It's Burghtwood Toughorn, or tell me your name on there I'll find you.

Rebel
  • Rebel

Woop Woop!

• Members
  • Olympics

Posted 01 September 2012 - 11:28 PM

I have my main in another guild due to hating being without some form of community while playing games like this haha. I'm level 15/16 I think? I've not played for about 2 days due to work and generally feeling pretty run down. I'm totally down for inviting my other character (and future ones) to the GTAF guild if its still up? My name is Steamavenger (I use it for WoW too) if you guys want to add that - its my alt. Uhhh, I don't remember my alts name haha, but yeah if you add me on Steamavenger then we can work on adding my alt to the GTAF guild.

Also, the levelling down system is quite nice except it gets pretty damn extreme to try and kill certain things in your personal story. I'm a true nord - my personal story is just blacking out from drinking too much and not knowing what happened that night. Nord Warrior.

Davo the Assassin
  • Davo the Assassin

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 02 September 2012 - 11:08 PM

I'll be back on tomorrow as I'm away at the moment. I'll sort the guild out when I'm back.

The Killa
  • The Killa

Diet Water Please

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 03 September 2012 - 01:11 AM

Was looking at buying this, but they're somehow out of digital copies? How does that work?

Has there been any word from ArenaNet what is going on with it?

Remix
  • Remix

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 03 September 2012 - 01:36 AM

QUOTE (The Killa @ Monday, Sep 3 2012, 01:11)
Was looking at buying this, but they're somehow out of digital copies? How does that work?

Has there been any word from ArenaNet what is going on with it?

Information here:
http://www.pcgamesn....game-experience

You can still buy the physical copy I believe.

Inky
  • Inky

Pineapple.

• The Connection

Posted 03 September 2012 - 02:50 AM

So I bought this game a couple days ago and made an engineer. I really don't know how this works though. When I am looking for gear are there any specific traits that they should have?

Other than that though I'm really getting into it. I made it to some main city and I've spent the last two hours just exploring the f*cking place trying to get 100% explored tounge.gif . I really appreciate the vistas, points of interest, warp points, etc. that there are on the maps. It really makes exploring worth while.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users