Photo

Guild Wars 2

128 replies to this topic
Grandal.
  • Grandal.

Insert witty title here

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 12 June 2012 - 06:17 PM Edited by Grandal., 12 June 2012 - 06:45 PM.

user posted image

(From IGN)
For generations, war and chaos raged across the land of Tyria. Five great races competed and warred against each other, struggling to tip the balance of power in their favor.

Then the dragons woke.

The all-powerful beasts stirred from their millennial sleep under earth and sea. With their magical breath the dragons spread destruction and created legions of twisted slaves. A deathless dragon named Zhaitan raised the sunken nation of Orr, triggering earthquakes and tidal waves that destroyed entire cities across the Sea of Sorrows. Zhaitan's undead armies surged from the sea, hungry for the destruction of the five races of Tyria: the charr, a ferocious race of feline warriors; the asura, magical inventors of small size and great intellect; the norn, towering shapeshifters from the frigid northern lands; the sylvari, a mysterious young race of visionary plant folk; and the humans, an embattled but resilient people.

Now heroes from the five races must set aside ancient rivalries and stand together against their common enemies in the sequel to the hit MMO Guild Wars. Magic, technology, and cold steel will determine the ultimate fate of the world.

Supposed to be released sometime this year, not sure the exact date but they are already having beta weekends for people who have pre-purchased the game. Every video I see looks amazing and like its predecessor, this will have NO MONTHLY CHARGES. Hard to go wrong with a free MMORPG with visuals like these icon14.gif . I really enjoyed the original, if I was more into PvP and didn't get sucked into WoW I would probably still be playing it. Cannot wait for this game.

The whole posting of videos is beyond me but I will mess about and see if I can figure it out. Some nice trailers and gameplay videos out there.

Bernard Jazz
  • Bernard Jazz

Dud dats not gas, dats a chikn.

• Members

Posted 12 June 2012 - 06:23 PM

Old thread for anyone who's interested, some more info there.
I'm really looking forward to this anyway, not pre-ordered but I will be buying it when it comes out.

Also to post YouTube vids just post the last bit of the URL between the tags like this:
CODE
[youtube]35BPhT-KI1E[/youtube]

It should come out like this:

Rebel
  • Rebel

Woop Woop!

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Olympics

Posted 12 June 2012 - 06:35 PM

Really interested in this game, as a WoW player I totally feel the things that were mentioned in that video above. I'd be glad to be doing something that effects the world around me from my own choices and having quests that actually are fun and interesting. I'd love to know the release date and its f*cking awesome that there wont be a monthly sub for it.

Grandal.
  • Grandal.

Insert witty title here

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 12 June 2012 - 06:40 PM

Thanks for that, I still haven't been able to get it to work but that is a me problem...you can't fix stupid wink.gif . I can't wait for this game, will probably be the next one I buy and the wife may not see me again for a few months afterwards.

lt_yao
  • lt_yao

Satie

• Members

Posted 12 June 2012 - 07:17 PM

Already pre-purchased a while back and participated in the 2 beta weekend events. The game is great, to me doesn't feel like an old school RPG which I still can't grow out of but that is certainly not a problem.

The gameplay is smooth and the combat just makes me wanna play the game all day. The dynamic events aren't revolutionary, it's your same old same old quest with a twist, less grindy and saves you the trouble having to run from and to the quest giver. Warhammer online did it with their public quest system so it's nothing new, just over publicized.

Oh and the group events are awesome, having to fight these big bosses, at level 15 I got to fight a Behemoth boss which spawned tons of undead, while he dropped quickly the fight felt great an is a nice break from your same old leveling.

Grandal.
  • Grandal.

Insert witty title here

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 13 June 2012 - 03:22 PM

My favorite in the original was a Ranger so will probably be the first toon I roll in 2 also. Cannot believe we still don't have a release date for this suicidal.gif

Grandal.
  • Grandal.

Insert witty title here

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 12 July 2012 - 02:27 PM

:RELEASE DATE ANNOUNCED:

ArenaNet's long-awaited MMO Guild Wars 2 will launch on August 28th this year.

Last I had heard it was December 31st so this is great news for me rah.gif

Rebel
  • Rebel

Woop Woop!

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Olympics

Posted 12 July 2012 - 02:38 PM

I knew the release date ages ago, mostly due to WoW people I play with knowing the date. Its good news anyway since its not that far off, not to mention I'll have enough money to buy this when the date rolls around. The only difficult part will be deciding what I want to roll.

Grandal.
  • Grandal.

Insert witty title here

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 12 July 2012 - 09:48 PM

QUOTE (Rebel @ Thursday, Jul 12 2012, 08:38)
I knew the release date ages ago, mostly due to WoW people I play with knowing the date. Its good news anyway since its not that far off, not to mention I'll have enough money to buy this when the date rolls around. The only difficult part will be deciding what I want to roll.

Yeah, I was wondering what I would roll first also until I realized I will probably have all the combinations anyway as it should take my A.D.D. long to kick in wink.gif . I can't wait, think I will pre-purchase now and get in on the last beta weekend coming up and the 3 day early start.

Bernard Jazz
  • Bernard Jazz

Dud dats not gas, dats a chikn.

• Members

Posted 21 July 2012 - 09:35 AM

I've been playing the final beta and so far I'm quite impressed.
The combat is the best I've seen in a MMORPG and the way that all players are fighting for the same cause is something that's far over-due in these kind of games.

My only gripe so far is that some of the dynamic events can stutter along because enemies are being mopped up too quick, but it's beta so I'm hoping that they'll be tweaked before and after release.

Grandal.
  • Grandal.

Insert witty title here

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 22 July 2012 - 03:53 AM

I am having a good time in the beta weekend, I am enjoying the Guardian, Warrior and (mainly) Ranger most right now. Not sure what is up with the casters but just not pulling me in. I am not power playing seeing as I know all this will get wiped for the 25th start date but it is nice to get in and look around.

I am still pretty clueless on crafting and haven't grouped with anyone yet but no doubt i will have read up on everything by release. I will have a lot of fun with this game, looking very promising so far icon14.gif

lt_yao
  • lt_yao

Satie

• Members

Posted 22 July 2012 - 07:31 AM

QUOTE (Grandal. @ Sunday, Jul 22 2012, 06:53)
I am having a good time in the beta weekend, I am enjoying the Guardian, Warrior and (mainly) Ranger most right now. Not sure what is up with the casters but just not pulling me in. I am not power playing seeing as I know all this will get wiped for the 25th start date but it is nice to get in and look around.

I am still pretty clueless on crafting and haven't grouped with anyone yet but no doubt i will have read up on everything by release. I will have a lot of fun with this game, looking very promising so far icon14.gif

Me and my friend already got to level 22, but I stopped right there, since it gets better from level 10, but didn't want to burn myself out for when the game comes out.

Haven't tried crafting in this game either, anyone else feels like crafting is just meh, compared to other games?

Grandal.
  • Grandal.

Insert witty title here

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 23 July 2012 - 07:20 PM

I had a good time during the beta, glad I pre-purchased it and cannot f*cking wait for August 25th. Hooked back up with my old GW1 guild so I will have plenty of folks to game with.

My favorite characters had to be Norn Ranger and Human Warrior. Will probably be 1a and 1b for me upon release.

Slingaa
  • Slingaa

Unbowed, unbent, unbroken.

• Members

Posted 27 July 2012 - 09:35 AM

Wasn't too sure about this game but after watching this video I have been swayed. What I think will help GW2 become very successful is that there is no monthly fee. I am currently subscribed to SWTOR and I feel if I subscribe to another MMO I'll be wasting money on one or I'll be juggling between one MMO and the other to get my money's worth.

Will be definitely getting this for my birthday, only 5 days after it is released.

Grandal.
  • Grandal.

Insert witty title here

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 31 July 2012 - 01:07 PM

I noticed yesterday there was a 10k update to game client. They should give us patch note or some kind of updates to the changes . Driving me bat sh*t crazy waiting for this game and NFL.

Chorup
  • Chorup

Trick

• Members

Posted 31 July 2012 - 01:21 PM

This game looks awesome, can't wait. The one time fee will definitely attract a lot of players. It'll be the perfect game to make my transition from Diablo to this.

Grandal.
  • Grandal.

Insert witty title here

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 01 August 2012 - 09:02 PM Edited by Grandal., 01 August 2012 - 09:13 PM.

ArenaNet is doing a stress test tomorrow, Thursday August 2nd from noon-4 pm (pst) . I think I may have to take half a day off from work and get my fix, I have been jonesing like a meth addict since the last BWE cry.gif

LINK

Rebel
  • Rebel

Woop Woop!

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Olympics

Posted 16 August 2012 - 09:21 PM

I got this on pre order a couple days ago after seeing selling some old 360 games on Ebay bagged me this without eating into any of my funds smile.gif I'll have to wait until about 1/2pm though to get it through the post but hopefully I'll keep myself busy when that day comes. All I know is its going to be f*cking awesome letting it install while going through the manual. Nothing like that brand new game smell. Not to mention its going to keep me busy until WoW's Pandas come on the 25th Sept.

Really looking forward to playing this, I've kept away from any videos or any more news so I don't ruin the awesome surprise.

Grandal.
  • Grandal.

Insert witty title here

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 24 August 2012 - 03:30 PM

FINALLY!!!

The wait has been a killer but the day is upon us. Not sure where everyone is going to be playing but I am going to roll on Dragonbrand server under the name Double D. Charr Guardian for my first charcter.

Slingaa
  • Slingaa

• Members

Posted 24 August 2012 - 04:21 PM

14 hours and 19 minutes, the atmosphere will be electric!

Remix
  • Remix

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 25 August 2012 - 06:02 AM

Hey guys, just bought the game and it's currently downloading - I'll be playing in a few hours! Not sure what to expect in all honesty. I purposely haven't been following the game pre-release so I'm hoping to pleasantly surprised tounge.gif

Audiophile
  • Audiophile

Soothe us with sweet lies...

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 25 August 2012 - 07:35 AM

Downloading it right now. I pre-ordered back in May. I'm getting a three day headstart, I think, as opposed to one day.

Hopefully we'll all be able to play together since the person I was supposed to play with became a dickweed and we no longer talk.

Remix
  • Remix

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 25 August 2012 - 09:04 AM

QUOTE (Audiophile @ Saturday, Aug 25 2012, 07:35)
Downloading it right now. I pre-ordered back in May. I'm getting a three day headstart, I think, as opposed to one day.

Hopefully we'll all be able to play together since the person I was supposed to play with became a dickweed and we no longer talk.

Yeah, I only bought it a few hours ago, so hopefully I can play when it finishes downloading (only 10% left)!

I'm keen to play with ya mate if you want. Maybe once I get my bearings with the game though as I tend to be a bit of a MMO noob haha. tounge.gif

Slingaa
  • Slingaa

• Members

Posted 25 August 2012 - 09:24 AM

I really hate how you can't choose what to say in dialogue, I want to be evil but the game is forcing me to be good...

Remix
  • Remix

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 25 August 2012 - 12:18 PM

Servers are down. *twitches*

What's everyone race? I'm not really diggin' my Charr.

Rebel
  • Rebel

Woop Woop!

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Olympics

Posted 25 August 2012 - 12:57 PM

This is some f*cking bullsh*t. I got my actual copy through the post this afternoon, I just put the disc in and it started downloading something. Then all of a sudden GW2 tells me that download failed, and make sure I have an internet connection...I HAVE AN INTERNET CONNECTION DAMN IT. The f*ck is going on?

Remix
  • Remix

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 25 August 2012 - 01:06 PM

Servers are down Rebel. sad.gif

Slingaa
  • Slingaa

• Members

Posted 25 August 2012 - 01:10 PM

I'm getting all sorts of errors when I try to login and have only played for about an hour. This is ridiculous, my 3 day headstart will be worthless at this rate.

Went with a Charr Warrior and will be making a Norn, but not sure which profession.

Rebel
  • Rebel

Woop Woop!

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Olympics

Posted 25 August 2012 - 01:11 PM

QUOTE (Remix @ Saturday, Aug 25 2012, 13:06)

I just did a quick google because of the issue I had, and I've found that if you've already had access to the beta (and already paid for the game before release) then you get a 5 day head start from the 25th (which is today) And people who have just pre ordered the game (only money taken when its actually sent to you) means you only get to start playing on the 27th with a 1 day head start access. Is this sh*t actually true? So basically I can't actually even install GW2 until the 27th?

Remix
  • Remix

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 25 August 2012 - 01:14 PM

QUOTE (Rebel @ Saturday, Aug 25 2012, 13:11)
QUOTE (Remix @ Saturday, Aug 25 2012, 13:06)

I just did a quick google because of the issue I had, and I've found that if you've already had access to the beta (and already paid for the game before release) then you get a 5 day head start from the 25th (which is today) And people who have just pre ordered the game (only money taken when its actually sent to you) means you only get to start playing on the 27th with a 1 day head start access. Is this sh*t actually true? So basically I can't actually even install GW2 until the 27th?

I was under the impression that as long as you pre-order(ed) it before the 28th you will be able to play. Heck, I bought it a few hours before the servers went live and I've been able to play.

The game is released on the 28th for everyone who didn't pre-order it, but I don't really see the point as anyone who wanted to play the game surely would've bought it by now...

You won't be able to download it while the servers are down, so just hang in there! tounge.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users