Help with passing 'Helicopter' mission!

8 replies to this topic
Derek2012
  • Derek2012

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 June 2012 - 03:02 AM

Dear Anyone,
Have played by all the rules, and have gone around and around with this thing. Have been in "SAVE N PLAY, Downloader/Uploader-a thousond times: to upload this: C:\Documents and Settings\david\My Documents\GTA Vice City User Files\GTAVCsf2.b
------------------
But, for some reason (And I'm hoping someone can tell me why! (?)) This won't work for me. It keeps throwing it out, and I refresh the page, and it takes me to an 'Error' message, that says: "Unable to determine file type. (1)" What am I doing wrong? Could it be that I've already played this, and that is why it's not working as it should, and maybe I have to go in and try 'Actually' doing the 'Helicopter' mission, and failing it intentionally, so as to give me a new number to 'Upload', as I was always under the impression, the mission for 'Helicopter' was: C:\Documents and Settings\david\My Documents\GTA Vice City User Files\GTAVCsf4.b

Instead of: C:\Documents and Settings\david\My Documents\GTA Vice City User Files\GTAVCsf2.b

Could this be why it 'SAVE N PLAY' won't work? Because I've already done: GTAVCsf2.b (?)

Please, will someone take the time and help me out here! As I really am trying; but no one seems to want to try an work with me here, to try an figure this out! I'd be so grateful, as I'm never gonna' fly that thing, around in there, for just '7 Minutes' and finish the mission. I'll be there for the next 'Twenty-Years'. I'm an old-codger, and not as gifted as some of you. But, like this game immensely! Don't wanta' do any other game... Just this one. They're all 'Pale' in comparison. Thanks, Derek

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 12 June 2012 - 03:07 AM Edited by lil weasel, 12 June 2012 - 03:30 AM.

I think you'll find better help in the Vice City Forum.

Did you modify the game in any way?

Miro
  • Miro

Time Killa™

• Zaibatsu
  • None
  • GTANet Contribution Award [Newbie Guide]
    Most Improved 2010

Posted 12 June 2012 - 08:31 AM

First of all, it's not that we don't want to help you out, but you've posted a new topic instead of a new reply. I'm talking about this & this topic. They've been locked because you've already created a topic about this subject related to the Save N' Play Uploader N' Downloader, right here.
You're new to all this, but you should try looking a little around, and figure out the difference between posting a new reply or creating a new topic. Those two topics I linked you have been locked. Unfortunately, I hadn't got the chance to help you in those, because they've got locked before I got online.

Now, related to your problem, I don't think that the issue is at the Uploader N' Downloader, but at your save file. Where have you got the game from? Have you installed ANY kind of mods? This might cause the reason why the save file cannot be recognized. Also, you mentioned two save files; GTAVCsf2.b & GTAVCsf4.b. Have you tried uploading both? Do you get the same error for both save files?

I have one more suggestion for you. Try uploading it to box.net. It's a site where you can upload all kind of files & folders. You need an account, unfortunately, but you can create one by completing all the fields from this webpage.
After you've done that, I think (I'm really not sure about this) that you need to validate your account there. Check your E-mail and you should have a new E-mail from that site. Read it carefully and do what it says. You should be given a link to validate your account on box.net. Click on that one.

Now, you should see a page with all your already uploaded files and folders. As I said, I'm not sure about this, since I created my account there years ago, back in 2009. Since your account is new, and haven't uploaded anything, you won't see anything listed. Now, look around and you'll see a button called "Upload" which you'll need to click. Now, search for your save file. (C:\Documents and Settings\david\My Documents\GTA Vice City User Files\GTAVCsf2.b). Click Upload and wait. Now, you should see your first file uploaded there. Somewhere around it you'll see a word "Share" which hides the URL for the save file. Click on that one, and you'll be given a link to download the save game. Copy paste it on the forum.

That should be everything I know that might help you right now. Once more, remember to use the Add Reply or Fast Reply button at the bottom of this page, and NOT the New Topic or New Poll. icon14.gif

Derek2012
  • Derek2012

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 June 2012 - 11:27 PM

Miro Miro, or just anyone who sees this and can help me with, am still working on getting past the 'Helicopter', on my own. And have left that be for the while.
-------------------
But, now need help with this below, and would be grateful for. TY Derek

Could anyone tell me how to load my own "MP3's", on my GTAVC game? (In layman terms!) smile.gif

Miro
  • Miro

Time Killa™

• Zaibatsu
  • None
    Most Improved 2010

Posted 25 June 2012 - 11:53 PM

It's easy. Okay, first place the MP3 file on desktop. Now, go to your main Vice City directory (the folder with all game files and the launcher) and look for a folder called "mp3" and open it. Now simply drag (or copy - paste / cut - paste) the MP3 file from desktop in the mp3 folder from Vice City. That's all. Now go in the game, get in a vehicle (not police car / ambulance / etc) and scroll up the mouse wheel until you get to the channel "MP3 Player" and stop there. Better do it slower because once you got past it you can't go back, since the radio station switching can only be done one way.
In case you happen to not hear anything, or to hear very difficulty because of the noise from the game, go to the main menu, then Options and at Audio Setup you'll find 3 options of audio settings. Turn the Music Volume & MP3 Volume Boost louder and the SFX Volume lower.

Tell me if you have any other issues. icon14.gif

Derek2012
  • Derek2012

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 June 2012 - 10:45 AM

Thank you, Miro Miro... Will try an figure this one out. Hope I can do. Will tell you if I have trouble with. TY Derek

Derek2012
  • Derek2012

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 June 2012 - 05:14 AM

Miro Miro,
Having problems finding the 'Folder' you speak of with, games etc., etc. Went into 'My Computer' and Opened the d: drive game, to access anything that could possibly have the games in, and all I get is: An audio folder, with all the sounds for the street etc., voices, etc., etc. And a Data 3 file... The only other folder I know of concerning the game is: In MY Documents, it's the regular folder that contains the 'GTAVC' mission segments. Where is this folder you speak of that with all the games on it? etc., etc. That I can 'Cut, Copy and Paste' MP3's to? Thanks, Derek

Miro
  • Miro

Time Killa™

• Zaibatsu
  • None
    Most Improved 2010

Posted 28 June 2012 - 02:58 PM

Hmm, do you happen to launch Vice City directly from desktop? If yes, right click on the launcher and click "Open file location" - it should lead you to the home folder. Besides, go to start --> search --> select All files and folders --> type in the first field Vice City and at Look in select only disk drive D: and then click Search. Basically you'll need to find the folder where you installed Vice City and where you can find all the game folders, such as anim, data, models, skins, Audio, Icons, etc.

In case you do find the folder of Vice City, with all the folders listed above (and even more + other files) and you can't find the mp3 folder, simply make a new folder and renamed it "mp3" and move your MP3 files in there.

Derek2012
  • Derek2012

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 June 2012 - 09:08 AM

Miro Miro, TY so much. I used to have an Icon, on my desktop; but gf, is always downloading stuff, and affecting my game. Have had to re-Install my game a couplea' times. Because of what she does, and having to do work in the 'firewalls' etc., etc. And consequently my game suffers, no longer have an Icon in my site. And doesn't seem like it downloads all my files any more; but will check this all out, the latest you've posted. Thanks again, will let you know how it turns out! Going to keep tryin'. DEREK

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users