104 replies to this topic
W2B
  • W2B

Is Awesome!

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 31 October 2013 - 08:21 PM

I also have an original KKND box.

Apparantely it's quite rare, I always thought everybody heard about it, but nobody seems to know it.

Wow, now there's a game I haven't heard from in years. I also owned Krush Kill and Destroy and played the sh*t out of it. It was awesome. Sadly it got lost somehow... The same goes for my copy of Beasts and Bumpkins.

I still have the original boxed collector's edition of Gabriel Knight (which includes GK1, GK2, a soundtrack cd, and the original GK1 novel written by Jane Jensen, which I've never read lol).

I also just read that GK1 will get a remake in 2014, which is awesome. But sadly the original voice recordings (Tim Curry and everyone else) were lost, so they will be rerecording all voices with new actors...

MrPeteyMax
  • MrPeteyMax

DON'T TOUCH ME YOU FILTHY CASUAL

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 08:28 PM

Discworld_Cover.jpg

I swear this game was rare a few years ago. It seems to be more common now, somehow.

Red XIII
  • Red XIII

British and Proud!

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 10:59 PM

Is final fantasy anthology on ps1 rare?

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

Pardon my English

• Members
  • Libya

Posted 02 November 2013 - 10:18 AM

Savage Skies.

Savage_Skies.jpg

at first it was everywhere in Libya, now its nowhere to be found! :wtf:

Billy james
  • Billy james

Boss

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 02 November 2013 - 11:44 AM

A bunch of PS Vita games, They're rare aren't they

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

VOLKSWAFFEN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 November 2013 - 07:48 PM

I have the original Midnight Club for the PS2. Goddamn, I love that game. Perfect example of Rockstar's "golden age". Now it seems that Midnight Club is just some cheap NFS ripoff.

Midnight_Club_-_Street_Racing_Coverart.j

• Cosmic Gypsy likes this

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 05 November 2013 - 01:13 PM

I did a while ago have a copy of MGS Subsistance for the PS2 but sold it on.

That sh*t is impossible to get a hold of. I did have MGS2: Substance, the Europe version with the Solid Snake Skateboarding portion, I was severely pissed off when I sold my regular copy for this one then found out the save game didn't cross over and I lost all my progress, I only had 50 dogtags left to get on Extreme.

As for rare, I don't really know what you could even put in that class, I still have Ducktales on the NES, the original Mario Bros and SMB3. I also have a cartridge for the SNES that you can insert a Gameboy cartridge into to play it on the big screen, which was pretty rad. I also still have my red Gameboy Camera as well as the printer to go with it, and that was before there were digital cameras on the mass market. That sh*t blew my mind.

Thunderfuckrapist
  • Thunderfuckrapist

Turdler Durpden

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 05 November 2013 - 01:15 PM

I have the original Midnight Club for the PS2. Goddamn, I love that game. Perfect example of Rockstar's "golden age". Now it seems that Midnight Club is just some cheap NFS ripoff.

I dominated that game. some of the races were so brutal, and the cops shat me to tears. Back when games were still challenging.

• im_stoned likes this

Don 'de Medici'
  • Don 'de Medici'

le wild OG appears

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 04:31 PM

I still have Game Cube just so i can 'speed run' Remake Resident Evil 1

Lazyboy.
  • Lazyboy.

could you PLEASE stop using that f*cking blue font?!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 November 2013 - 04:14 PM

what the f*ck are you saying about MCLA?

because open world maps, ACTUAL customisation of cars, a storyline and multiplayer makes it a "cheap NFS ripoff" even though MCLA did everything NFS did, but better.

MC1 and MC2 sure, they're good but why the f*ck would you choose it over MCLA?

marmoo
  • marmoo

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 09:07 PM Edited by marmoo, 08 November 2013 - 09:07 PM.

God I have bucket loads of old games in boxes in perfect condition. Forgotten what most of them are. Sega master system, mega drive, PS1 and PS2. God even got full zx spectrum computer and about 300 original games in loft. Going to have a ganders and post a few on here. Think I still have an original Atari with loads of games in original boxes and receipts. I just never chuck or sell a console or computer. Good thread :-)

Killerdude8
  • Killerdude8

And Remember, Respect is Everything!

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 09 November 2013 - 12:11 PM

Most of my original GTA collectors edition, GTA 2 has gone and f*cked off somewhere.

DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 06:53 PM Edited by DeafMetal, 09 November 2013 - 07:11 PM.

I've been gaming since I was probably like 3, so I've got and have had a sh*tload of rare-ish games.

My nephew is borrowing VCS, LCS, Orange Box; my friend is borrowing MGS4, GTA IV, and TLoU; and GTA V SE is just above RDR, out of view, BUT here's most of my physical collection: 

http://imageshack.us...1/3127/50e7.png

I guess the only rare ones here are Ninja Gaiden Sigma, Lair, and Spiderman 3: Special Edition.

http://imageshack.us...7/1676/s47u.png

[this is two pictures put together with Paint.Net]

The rare ones here would be ATV Offroad Fury, Sims, Spyro 4, Conflict: Desert Storm, The Sims, Resident Evil Outbreak, RE4 Special Edition, the original Spiderman the Movie game, The Getaway, MGS Substinence, Simpsons Hit & Run, and GoW 2 Special Edition. Resistance: Fall of Man is the launch edition if that's worth anything lol

http://imageshack.us...8/9367/4noy.png

Technically, all of the N64 ones are rare, and you won't find a chunk of the PC games to the left.

The N64 games are: Goldeneye, Super Smash Bros., Banjo Kazooie, Resident Evil 2, Castlevania, Perfect Dark, Turok, South Park, Wave Race, Crusin' USA, Ridge Racer 64. 

The NOTABLE rare PC games here are the original CD release of Sims 2, Obscure, The Movies, Army Men: Toys in Space, Toy Story 2, and the original Age of Mythology release.

http://imageshack.us...6/2258/55mi.png

http://imageshack.us...0/5470/x5fv.png

Like the N64, all of the PS1 games are technically rare. The most notable are Tenchu, the original Spyro trilogy, Medievil, and Perfect Weapon. The Italian Job is also pretty rare but it wasn't that popular (it

s a R*-published game, too)... real sh*tty game imo.

http://img266.images...6/6856/7vzg.png

Rare here are Gex 2, Stuart Little 2, Destroy All Humans, Jack & Daxter 1, and The Saboteur.

http://img36.imagesh...6/7707/2vvw.png

Bottom left is Driver, Driver 2 is at the top, and the one on the bottom right is a racing game with those weird skinny racing cars. Driver 2 & 1 are bootlegged ones I had bought in Mexico (where I got my first, fat PS1) because they only sold bootlegs where I was from.

http://img845.images...5/7079/wis3.png

Generic Football and Hockey games at the top, Grand Turismo 2 on the bottom (also bootleg, from Mexico).

http://imageshack.us...01/820/86ro.png

Bottom left is a generic bike racer, bottom right is King of Fighters 96, both also bootleg. Top right is a generic boxing game, and top left is I think a Twisted Metal rip off lol I don't remember.

http://imageshack.us...22/633/98dn.png

Top left is Dukes of Hazard, don't remember it. Top right is a toddler's clicking game, bottom left is Tekken 3, bottom right is a cowboy side scroller that was fun as f*ck but won't work anymore :(

http://imageshack.us...32/7097/ywm.png

Demo discs and a cheat disc for the ps2. I'm pretty sure the bottom right is one of the more famous demo discs because it has a demo of the original MGS.

http://imageshack.us...9/8310/h3ux.png

Niche PC games and Test Drive 6. Apparently, the Atlantis one I picked up at Walgreens lol

http://imageshack.us...7/5194/8eyd.png

I also had the original Gran Turismo, that WWE game (it helped me the most to learn English), and a cool as sh*t Jesse James on-rails cowboy FPS but I can't find them right now.

And ofc, my original Gameboy on its awesome case:

http://imageshack.us...4/6216/2x60.png

http://imageshack.us...1/4616/iqcv.png

I had I think the original Megaman but some dipsh*t stole it.

Apart from those, I also had like three more stacks of PS1 games (60+, including GTA2, Crash 2,3, Tomb Raider 1 or 2, and a broken MGS) but Lord knows where they're at anymore. I had a Super Nintendo with all the SNE classics but my dickface brother left it at his stupid GF's house and when they broke up, she sold them as revenge. I gave away Ratchet and Clank 1, Jack 2, 3, Star Wars Battlefront 1, Spiderman 2, Prince of Persia: the Sands of Time, Tak and the Power of Juju, and Spongebob and the curse of the Green something something to my cousins in Mexico because my mom forced me to. I also had the original Gameboy Advanced and Gameboy Color, but my mom threw the former out when it stopped working, and I have no idea what happened to the Color.

Oh, and I had Pyshonauts but my stupid asshole friend had borrowed it right before he moved to another city cause was an asshole. ANDDdd I also have the original Atari, NES, and I believe a Sega Master System, but they're with some of the stuff we left in our house in Mexico when we left for the US. Hopefully my brother didn't screw with it when he moved back.

Edit: removed pictures and added links, post was too big.

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 02 January 2014 - 04:42 PM

Finally managed to buy it for €100:

IMG_20140102_145451.jpg

• DeafMetal likes this

Black & White
  • Black & White

Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 January 2014 - 06:12 PM Edited by Black & White, 02 January 2014 - 06:12 PM.

GTA 5.  :rol:

Real_Badgirl
  • Real_Badgirl

Trick

• Members

Posted 02 January 2014 - 07:10 PM

I'd say the rarest game I've got is Silent Hill 1 for the PS1. I'm pretty sure it's available for download on PSN, but physical copies of the game are hard to come by unless you buy them off of ebay or Amazon.

Technically, my Nintendo 64 games could be called rare, as I only know of one gaming store that still sells N64, SNES and Dreamcast games.

TaviColen123
  • TaviColen123

Trollhater

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 02 January 2014 - 10:56 PM

Lazyboy., on 08 Nov 2013 - 6:14 PM, said:

universetwisters, on 03 Nov 2013 - 9:48 PM, said:

what the f*ck are you saying about MCLA?

because open world maps, ACTUAL customisation of cars, a storyline and multiplayer makes it a "cheap NFS ripoff" even though MCLA did everything NFS did, but better.

MC1 and MC2 sure, they're good but why the f*ck would you choose it over MCLA?

Because, gee, I don't know, it's a piece of sh*t ?

• universetwisters likes this

Mr Oraange
  • Mr Oraange

Tim Roth has an alien skull for a forehead.

• Members
  • Botswana

Posted 03 January 2014 - 05:02 AM

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater something for XBOX

Countless racing games for Playstation 1 and PC.

nightwalker83
  • nightwalker83

Don't mind me

• Members

Posted 03 January 2014 - 12:12 PM Edited by nightwalker83, 03 January 2014 - 12:14 PM.

It didn't come with the expansion/s? Also, KKND I haven't played that in ages!

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 03 January 2014 - 12:52 PM Edited by Fireman, 03 January 2014 - 12:52 PM.

It didn't come with the expansion/s? Also, KKND I haven't played that in ages!

Usually Collector Editions are only released during the release of the game, so no, it didn't have the expansions. 

But I already had Throne of Bhaal on DVD, so that's okay.

KK'n'D doesn't run properly on my PC anymore, it's too old :(

Real_Badgirl
  • Real_Badgirl

Trick

• Members

Posted 03 January 2014 - 06:38 PM

I almost forgot, I have a copy of Fatal Frame II and Siren for the PS2. I'm not sure how rare they are, but they're definitely uncommon.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Needs More Beer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 January 2014 - 06:40 PM

7e7762a96e9fa5404b6c3cae14458fff.png

Misbegotten cad
  • Misbegotten cad

Prankster

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 January 2014 - 09:34 AM

Ultima IX ascension for PC, as it is the original box which include a real map made out of cloth (you can wipe your nose on it!) and a set of tarot cards.

and the gold box Zelda Ocarina of Time for N64 (okay, lot of these have been on sale now that 3DS has the revamped version of the game, but still...)

ShadowDog94
  • ShadowDog94

Gaming since '94

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 06 January 2014 - 12:34 AM Edited by ShadowDog94, 06 January 2014 - 12:47 AM.

God_Hand.jpg

Launching fat guys into the stratosphere, spanking half-naked demon ladies and fighting a flamboyant gay couple and minature versions of the Power Rangers, complete with cheesy jokes and an epic soundtrack.. What's not to love?

• IVIechanomics likes this

baguvix_wanrltw
  • baguvix_wanrltw

Cynical, yeah. Bitter, probably.

• Members

Posted 06 January 2014 - 12:50 PM Edited by baguvix_wanrltw, 06 January 2014 - 12:51 PM.

Well, "rare" lies in the eye of the observer. I'd say the assload of DC, GBA etc. betas count, so would that one game misprint that only exists once. Though technically I think the rarest would be that unreleased thingy I found on mah DC devkit.

And since none of you amateurs thought of it:

sKfGbeK.jpg

• MadMugen likes this

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 23 April 2014 - 02:26 PM

Since I posted this in General Chat:

A sealed big-box version of one of my favorite games from 1999, Millenium Racer, I opened it D:

Mracer1.jpg

Mracer3.jpg

Look at this 15-year old glue:

Mracer4.jpg

• W2B likes this

BlackFlagged
  • BlackFlagged

Reference Hunter

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 April 2014 - 02:30 PM

Not so sure of it's rarity but I ahve The Elder Scrolls Online Imperial Edition for PC. Also Europa Universalis IV on disc for PC

Nopheros
  • Nopheros

Cool, cool cool cool. Pew.

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 23 April 2014 - 02:34 PM

Jet Set Radio is probably the rarest game I own at the moment. It's a very good game but underrated.

xpkVU.jpg

That, and some car game came with my Xbox original.  :lol:

gtarelatedusername2
  • gtarelatedusername2

ENERGY TURTLE

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 April 2014 - 02:44 PM

I had both complete box sets of the Lunar series plus some of those old PS1 games that came in the big boxes, but gave them away to a little cousin, Same thing with my SNES copy of Chrono Trigger, Metroid in the original box and a sh*tton of NES/SNES/Genesis stuff that I had.

• IVIechanomics likes this

TheIllaDopest
  • TheIllaDopest

The Bluntmaster Messiah

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 April 2014 - 03:26 AM

IDK if its really rare but i have Legend of Zelda Ocarnia of Time on the Gamecube which is playable on the Wii.

pity the Wii didnt have HD

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users