• This topic is locked This topic is locked
47 replies to this topic
d3jan
  • d3jan

Prime

• Members
  • Macedonia

Posted 11 June 2012 - 08:17 PM

QUOTE (69_black_69 @ Sunday, Jun 10 2012, 19:37)
Converting other games to RAGE ? What a brilliant idea sarcasm.gif

It's exelent idea

MajesticNL
  • MajesticNL

Chris

• Feroci Racing
  • Netherlands

Posted 11 June 2012 - 08:22 PM

QUOTE (d3jan @ Monday, Jun 11 2012, 22:17)
QUOTE (69_black_69 @ Sunday, Jun 10 2012, 19:37)
Converting other games to RAGE ? What a brilliant idea  sarcasm.gif

It's exelent idea

He's right, you shouldn't swap other game devs maps with other game devs engines. It's not meant to be like that.

69_black_69
  • 69_black_69

Just Beacuase

• Members

Posted 11 June 2012 - 08:31 PM

^d3jan:
Excellent? Nahh, it's stupid as f*ck. It's goddamn stealing other peoples hard work.
Learn 3d modelling and go make your own map. It's better for you, who knows you'll get a better future about modeling, like Paroxum (Maker of Gostown, now work for Crytek)

And the f*ck is this? Can you guys read the rules and goddamn follow it?
This place ain't to discuss n sh*t. It's for posting FINISHED OR NEAR FINISHED MODS!
Like i said earlier, go HERE.

SkylineGTRFreak
  • SkylineGTRFreak

Blackhawk lover

• Members

Posted 11 June 2012 - 09:13 PM

I'm in for the 1976 NY with the WTC in it icon14.gif

d3jan
  • d3jan

Prime

• Members
  • Macedonia

Posted 11 June 2012 - 11:16 PM

QUOTE (69_black_69 @ Monday, Jun 11 2012, 22:31)
^d3jan:
Excellent? Nahh, it's stupid as f*ck. It's goddamn stealing other peoples hard work.

wait man, it's not stealing, you are saying that iv:sa or other mods like iv:sa are stolen

Mega.
  • Mega.

Real Estate Developer

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 11 June 2012 - 11:23 PM

You can convert older GTAs to newer, but you cannot other games besides GTA, it's against the rules and copyright stuff.

d3jan
  • d3jan

Prime

• Members
  • Macedonia

Posted 11 June 2012 - 11:28 PM

QUOTE (MegaMario1500 @ Tuesday, Jun 12 2012, 01:23)

You can convert older GTAs to newer, but you cannot other games besides GTA, it's against the rules and copyright stuff.

sorry, i forgot about the rules blush.gif

69_black_69
  • 69_black_69

Just Beacuase

• Members

Posted 12 June 2012 - 05:44 AM Edited by 69_black_69, 12 June 2012 - 07:43 AM.

Yeah, and how about this rules?
The Mod Showroom is only for posting previews/downloads of completed or near finished mods.
All help topics should be posted in the Editing Discussion forums. Help topics and mod requests posted here will be locked or binned. Thank you.

You guys are a cancer to this mod showroom. Can't even see this warning at the top of this thread eh?

@Deadly Target:
Hah. Nice One.
Just can't stand people doing everything he wants without reading the rules. Ruining this site.
And try to make a model, and see someone stealing your work....

Deadly Target
  • Deadly Target

Rat

• Members

Posted 12 June 2012 - 06:56 AM Edited by Deadly Target, 12 June 2012 - 06:58 AM.

QUOTE (69_black_69 @ Monday, Jun 11 2012, 20:31)
Nahh, it's stupid as f*ck. It's goddamn stealing other peoples hard work.
Learn 3d modelling and go make your own map. It's better for you, who knows you'll get a better future about modeling, like Paroxum (Maker of Gostown, now work for Crytek)

This place ain't to discuss n sh*t. It's for posting FINISHED OR NEAR FINISHED MODS!

QUOTE (69_black_69 @ Monday, Jun 11 2012, 20:31)
You guys are a cancer to this mod showroom.

user posted image

ZZCOOL
  • ZZCOOL

http://www.youtube.com/user/taltigolt

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 12 June 2012 - 08:07 AM

this was meant to be a shorroom thread untill i found out it might not be possible

coin-god
  • coin-god

High Roller

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 12 June 2012 - 03:23 PM

QUOTE (69_black_69 @ Monday, Jun 11 2012, 17:31)
^d3jan:

Like i said earlier, go HERE.

Not everyone does modding because they want a carreer in the gaming industry. Some just want to make their games better. You are no one to say what they can or can't do.
Sure converting sucks in modding, but there is very few people actually doing scratch things. Modding is pretty much dead nowadays.

I agree, this should be moved. If not closed since the OP dosn't know how to do this.

69_black_69
  • 69_black_69

Just Beacuase

• Members

Posted 12 June 2012 - 03:46 PM

^
I really want to see people appreciated scratch-made things, since it was harder and take a lot of work, but see the popularity between scratch-made things with convertion thing?
Damn, i really want to encourage people to do something creative from their minds, but bah, forget it....

About the career thingy....yes, i'm not have the right to tell someone what they can or can't do.
But get my point, making something with you're own minds have much better positive effects.

"Bla bla bla to RAGE" needs to be stops, especially when it comes to converting other games.

coin-god
  • coin-god

High Roller

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 12 June 2012 - 04:06 PM

QUOTE (69_black_69 @ Tuesday, Jun 12 2012, 12:46)
About the career thingy....yes, i'm not have the right to tell someone what they can or can't do.
But get my point, making something with you're own minds have much better positive effects.

I know it does. But some people don't care about that. They are not going to waste months of their lifes to create a simple map and then more months to know how to put it.

Unless you are passionate about this kind of stuff, it's not worth it.

vans123
  • vans123

Thompson 1928

• Members

Posted 12 June 2012 - 04:20 PM

What you dont get is,
Modding died and very hard after IV came out
Reasons? Simple... Rage is and will be an engine designed for industry work,
It has alot of steps and rules to follow in order to put some sh*t inside GTA IV

I dont wanna ruin you but, game industry is a big bussiness when you are the
President, vice-president, productor or co-productor
But the way you see it, sorry bro but you will get the same cash a teacher gets for your "modelling" time
It isnt some big cashy work

1 year ago i was a modding freak, now i barely log in here
Did i convert? Sure alot of things for ppl asking me favors
Did i model? Sure, i have 93GB of pure max files of scratch made stuff becouse of boredom

Converting doesnt make you a fag, makes you smart becouse you practice your importing and exporting
So next time chill the fk out man, just stay in your stuff
Making suggestions isnt bad any day
Mistakes are done by everybody, zzcool will remember his fault and act better in a future

GTARandom
  • GTARandom

Unfortunate piece of meat

• Feroci Racing
  • Croatia

Posted 12 June 2012 - 04:33 PM Edited by GTARandom, 12 June 2012 - 04:37 PM.

I actually am kind of trying to leave the conversion world and do more own-created content like this for example:

user posted image

Other examples of my models are IV:SA turbines, rifle flashlight scope, LSX, LC editing in IV:SA and more.

And honestly, my goal is industry, who knows if i will have it though.

69_black_69
  • 69_black_69

Just Beacuase

• Members

Posted 12 June 2012 - 05:06 PM Edited by 69_black_69, 12 June 2012 - 05:13 PM.

@goin:
Yeah, and they have already waste their time to convert stuff too. Not so different, unless converting stuff is kind of illegal, and won't do you any good besides being famous only in this site.
And i get your point . Sorry if my word offended anybody.

@Vans:
Chill the f*ck out? Coming from a man that sometimes can't chill the f*ck out too.
Modeling could take you as environment artist, or character artist, and other sh*t. With that, you could applied a job to one of game company.
President, vice-president, productor or co-productor? The f*ck you talking about, man. If you know scripting and modeling, that's enough to create a game. You're close-minded, think that game maker is only big company, like EA or Rockstar. Ever heard of "indie games"? You know nothing better than me.
Who said i aimed at "cashy" thingy. I said it was better than converting. And to be exact, modeling more "cashy" than converting.

@GTARandom:
Nice one. And as a suggestion, learn some game engines too, like UDK or something, and try to put your work on it, just like what i'm trying to do right now.
Who knows it would look better in it, and maybe you could create a simple game with it.

Ah, enough with my ramblings, since people don't actually care.
Well, convert stuff from other games as you wish. Just damn do what you thinks it's good for you.

V @XaeroffX:
Look a few pages back.
That's what i'm trying to say, but people seems doesn't give a f*ck about rules.

elMarcoPL
  • elMarcoPL

Tronco

• Members

Posted 12 June 2012 - 05:06 PM

Can I ask why da hell I can't convert GTA IV to SA here and you can have content from another non-rockstar game?

And if I'm not wrong, it isn't a place for "good ideas".

The Mod Showroom is only for posting previews/downloads of completed or near finished mods.

ZZCOOL
  • ZZCOOL

http://www.youtube.com/user/taltigolt

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 12 June 2012 - 05:18 PM

this thread was meant as the official thread for this project as gtarandom said he would do it

then when we found out there was no way it automatically turned into something else then what it was meant to be

obviously i know that i shouldn't have posted it here but i made a mistake i forgot that there was a map section for this

simple mistake

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users