Photo

Polls

4 replies to this topic
JuventusFC
  • JuventusFC

Vincere non importante, ma l'unica cosa che conta

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 June 2012 - 02:39 PM

I think mods/admins should consider removing the option for regular users to post polls for a while in the V section. It would probably stop a lot of troll/useless/idiotic threads being opened. If someone has a good reason to post a poll they could contact an online mod as they will have the ability
to add a poll to a thread.

It works fine on another forum I frequent.

Vanzant
  • Vanzant

EZ5

• United-States

Posted 11 June 2012 - 01:39 AM

Useless polls are easily removed and it's not a major issue with us. Nothing except removing the "Add New Topic" button is going to reduce unneeded threads. Not only that, I don't want to make polls for members at request and hell I never made a poll myself.

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Tainted

• Antarctica

Posted 11 June 2012 - 03:42 AM

I agree with Vanz. In theory it sounds good, but screw getting hassled by people asking for a poll option to be added. It'd drive me nuts after a while.

Ryan
  • Ryan

Ginga Ninja

• Canada

Posted 11 June 2012 - 04:09 AM

I don't really think it's that big of a deal. The number of pointless topics far outweigh the number of pointless polls (mainly because I think half the kids don't understand how to properly create a poll). Like Vanz and Miami, I don't want to be constantly bombarded with requests to create polls either. For the most part, the polls we do get are fine. Generally, the only ones I really do anything with are the 'Do you like my idea - Yes or no' polls, which I remove as I think they are pointless as that is what the topic is there for, and polls where the creator tries to discuss the entire topic by means of a poll, which I remove as well as the point of a forum is to discuss topics, not polls. So, that being said, I think we're fine as we currently are. If you see pointless polls, please help us out and report them to us.

JuventusFC
  • JuventusFC

Vincere non importante, ma l'unica cosa che conta

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 June 2012 - 10:07 AM

Ok no problem, just a suggestion.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users