Quantcast

» «
Photo

Can somebody please tell me what is happening?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic
ShaneHunter
  • ShaneHunter

The Boss

• Members

Posted 10 June 2012 - 04:06 AM

I made a thread regarding people who put down Rockstar and Max Payne 3 in favor of GTA V, i did state specifically that they whined and all that. About 30 minutes later that very thread got deleted without warning or reason. I made a second one asking the people why that happened and that got deleted within 5 minutes. I made a third topic, and this one is locked which is not as drastic as getting deleted but Miamivicecity told me that it was probably Ryan. I need to understand why exactly those two threads got deleted, it's annoying when your topic gets deleted without even a reason given, i want to know why at the very least. So if it was you Ryan can you please tell me why two of my threads got deleted but those stupid leak threads get locked only? It seems hypocritical and unethical.

*MURDOC*
  • *MURDOC*

They said I could be anything, so I became a custom member title

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 10 June 2012 - 04:08 AM

You would have been better off PM'ing him.

Also, ethics don't really apply here.

ShaneHunter
  • ShaneHunter

The Boss

• Members

Posted 10 June 2012 - 04:10 AM

QUOTE (*MURDOC* @ Sunday, Jun 10 2012, 04:08)
You would have been better off PM'ing him.

Also, ethics don't really apply here.

I messaged him about 30 minutes ago and he hasn't responded, all he does is delete and lock without reason being given. It seems as if it's ok for the mods to whatever they want despite it being wrong. I'm ok with a topic being deleted as long as the reason is given, if there isn't a reason then you have no right.

Ryan
  • Ryan

Resident Ginger

• Canada

Posted 10 June 2012 - 04:11 AM

http://www.gtaforums...st&p=1061375954

I removed your first topic cause it was pointless. I removed your second topic cause it was even more pointless. Contrary to what you appear to think, having your topic removed is not the end of the world, nor is it power abuse.

And just to let you know...

QUOTE (GTAForums Rules and Policy)
Remember, you are a guest on a free service. Our moderators and admins reserve the right to remove you from GTAForums at any time for any reason. You have no rights and may make no demands.

EDIT: Sorry about not answering your PM. Never got the notification that I had a new one for some reason.

*MURDOC*
  • *MURDOC*

They said I could be anything, so I became a custom member title

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 10 June 2012 - 04:13 AM

I understand your frustration, but actually, he does have the right to lock your topic without reason.

Plus, there's no reason to point the finger if you're really not even sure it was him anyway.

Neither topic really has to do with the game directly anyway.

Edit: See, there you go...

ShaneHunter
  • ShaneHunter

The Boss

• Members

Posted 10 June 2012 - 04:15 AM

QUOTE (Ryan @ Sunday, Jun 10 2012, 04:11)
http://www.gtaforums...st&p=1061375954

I removed your first topic cause it was pointless. I removed your second topic cause it was even more pointless. Contrary to what you appear to think, having your topic removed is not the end of the world, nor is it power abuse.

And just to let you know...

QUOTE (GTAForums Rules and Policy)
Remember, you are a guest on a free service. Our moderators and admins reserve the right to remove you from GTAForums at any time for any reason. You have no rights and may make no demands.

EDIT: Sorry about not answering your PM. Never got the notification that I had a new one for some reason.

However a stupid thread that is claiming to "leaking" something can get locked with a reason given. It's ok atleast you gave me a reason.

Ryan
  • Ryan

Resident Ginger

• Canada

Posted 10 June 2012 - 04:22 AM Edited by Ryan, 10 June 2012 - 04:26 AM.

QUOTE (ShaneHunter @ Sunday, Jun 10 2012, 01:15)
However a thread a stupid thread that is claiming to "leaking" something can get locked with warning. It's ok atleast you gave me a reason.

Yes, that way people will see that it's already been posted and will hopefully reduce a hundred topics being made about the same thing. Keeping a topic around that is just you complaining about people complaining serves no purpose, thus I removed it. It's really not that big of a deal.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users