Photo

Novice Player Wants to Move to Other Side of City

22 replies to this topic
Derek2012
  • Derek2012

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 June 2012 - 10:53 AM

Just new at 'Vice City' and would like to know how to get to other side of town, other than-what you first start out with? Washington Mall etc., etc.
Do you have to go through so many missions to do so; or is there a way to get over anyway, without doing missions?

Thanks, Derek suicidal.gif

Diego Mustard
  • Diego Mustard

Black Mage

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 09 June 2012 - 01:31 PM

Are you talking about original Vice City or talking about Vice City Stories?

For any GTA game that involves closed roads to islands, etc, the only way to open them is by doing story missions. One mission in between them gives you access to that other island if you get past it.

Keep in mind most non-Vice City based GTAs are made out of multiple islands, so a certain mission unlocks access to a certain island and not another, and another mission unlocks the last island, etc. Exception is original Vice City where Starfish Island is unlockable and the other island is unlockable as well.

The moral of the story: Do missions till the other islands are available.

Derek2012
  • Derek2012

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 June 2012 - 07:44 AM

QUOTE (Diego "DM" Mendez @ Saturday, Jun 9 2012, 13:31)
Are you talking about original Vice City or talking about Vice City Stories?

For any GTA game that involves closed roads to islands, etc, the only way to open them is by doing story missions. One mission in between them gives you access to that other island if you get past it.

Keep in mind most non-Vice City based GTAs are made out of multiple islands, so a certain mission unlocks access to a certain island and not another, and another mission unlocks the last island, etc. Exception is original Vice City where Starfish Island is unlockable and the other island is unlockable as well.

The moral of the story: Do missions till the other islands are available.

Thank you, 'DM'... Unfortunately, I'm a novice at this, and can't even get by the 'Helicopter' mission. So, hard! Was hoping there might be a cheat for. smile.gif <"Thanks!"
Derek

Andreaz1
  • Andreaz1

♪ Anything 80's ♫

• Members
  • Sweden
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 10 June 2012 - 09:09 AM

Firstly, this is in the wrong forum.
Secondly you have already made a thread about the mission you need help with.
Thirdly, even if you do manage you get to the other island early, you can't just continue with the game and skip that mission. You are going to have to do it eventually. Miromiro left you excellent instructions on how to upload your savegame, you should have no problems with it.

Nukey Shay
  • Nukey Shay

Trick

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 June 2012 - 09:37 AM

There are cheatless methods of visiting locked areas in all the GTA3-era games.

In Vice City Stories, you can back up a Yankee vehicle (stolen from the shipyard) to the Starfish Island bridge walkway from the mansion courtyard...and use it to stand on to reach said walkway.

An even quicker method is to get to the dirt mound that has a bribe above it near the Escobar airport. On foot, jump onto the center of the exposed sewer pipe below that dirt mound. If you hit the right spot, you should be sent directly to the Leaf Links golf coarse.

There are some other ways, but those are the most-frequently cited methods for this game.

Saving the game over there can be done once you have the ability to take over businesses...but you can return via boat or helicopter in any case (a police chopper is on top of the Washington Beach police station).

Caution:
Do not take over ALL of the businesses prematurely. At least one of each unavailable type must be unclaimed when the bridges are officially open, or they won't be made available to you (effectively making those types unbuildable). No worries if you just do one of them for a save point.

Also:
Jumping into water at locked areas can be hazardous to your health. While the bridges are still blocked, the game will try to force you West if you are swimming in water. Drowning you in the process, in other words.

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Drunk on Power

• United-States
  • Helpfulness Award
    Contribution Award [GTAF]

Posted 11 June 2012 - 01:36 AM

For GTA: Vice City--- Ways to get to any of the restricted areas without doing missions....

http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=389100

NewportByChrysler
  • NewportByChrysler

LC R29

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 June 2012 - 02:46 AM

Isn't stuff like this simple common sense? confused.gif

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Drunk on Power

• United-States
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 12 June 2012 - 12:54 PM Edited by Spuds725, 12 June 2012 - 12:56 PM.

QUOTE (NewportByChrysler @ Sunday, Jun 10 2012, 22:46)
Isn't stuff like this simple common sense?  confused.gif

Not for everyone---

I don't think my method was common sense.... more like "Dumb luck" that I found it.

chero
  • chero

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 May 2015 - 10:14 PM

The way i found to do it was to get a suburban truck, go up to the gate of the island (it is still closed because of the hurricane) put the truck in the corner of the gate and jump over the gate. Fo into Tommy's future backyard and use the cheat code to get the cops with police boat to come after you. Once you have the boats after you, take out a gun a shoot the biat driver when they are close to the dock. The boat will stay there. Then use the cheat code to take the cops away. Jump on the boat and drive to the other side of the island. There you go! It took me a while to figure out how to do it, it is not as easy as it might seem.

gangster2332
  • gangster2332

wandering encyclopedia

• BUSTED!
  • United-Arab-Emirates

Posted 16 May 2015 - 10:28 PM Edited by gangster2332, 16 May 2015 - 10:28 PM.

The way i found to do it was to get a suburban truck, go up to the gate of the island (it is still closed because of the hurricane) put the truck in the corner of the gate and jump over the gate. Fo into Tommy's future backyard and use the cheat code to get the cops with police boat to come after you. Once you have the boats after you, take out a gun a shoot the biat driver when they are close to the dock. The boat will stay there. Then use the cheat code to take the cops away. Jump on the boat and drive to the other side of the island. There you go! It took me a while to figure out how to do it, it is not as easy as it might seem.

NO CHEATS!

intsead, go to the film studios with a pcj600 and use the packer to jump over the bridge
  • Militia likes this

Midnight Hitman
  • Midnight Hitman

Having a hot coffe with Ganton.

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 17 May 2015 - 12:58 PM

how about:
Spoiler
  • Nico likes this

Nico
  • Nico

Complete the look

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 May 2015 - 02:42 PM

how about:

Spoiler

This.

In VC you can unlock the Mainland pretty quickly (15th mission), unless you get stuck in Demolition Man.

gangster2332
  • gangster2332

wandering encyclopedia

• BUSTED!
  • United-Arab-Emirates

Posted 17 May 2015 - 02:51 PM

how about:

Spoiler

This.

In VC you can unlock the Mainland pretty quickly (15th mission), unless you get stuck in Demolition Man.

i believ u dont even hav to do demolition man.

other than that, but how the hell can u get stuck there?!?!?!?!?
  • Militia likes this

BlackSnow176
  • BlackSnow176

Master Cat

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 08 June 2015 - 12:18 PM

I know that's a pretty old thread, but that's a cool trick I've learned :)

All you need to do is basically time your jump and position

Another method I used before I knew about this trick is that I would get 4 wanted level stars, and near the El Swanco Casa safehouse, I would wait for police boats to randomly spawn and hit the walls so I could steal them (this one doesn't work everytime).

gangster2332
  • gangster2332

wandering encyclopedia

• BUSTED!
  • United-Arab-Emirates

Posted 08 June 2015 - 12:46 PM

All you need to do is basically time your jump and position
https://www.youtube....h?v=hGrINS1UrfU

the best method is using the pcj600 at the film studios

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Drunk on Power

• United-States
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 08 June 2015 - 10:03 PM

The "best" is a matter of opinion.... I think mine is the "best"-- which does not make it so....

The mission that unlocks the west island is phnom penh 86 (for me this was difficult on PS2)-- I found the above method in Jan or Feb of 2003 when I was stuck on that mission for a week or two and started looking for other ways to get to the other island.

As stated above-- Demolition man is optional (All missions from Avery are not required to progress the story and are considered side missions) and is not required to unlock the west island.

The 11 Mission required to unlock the west island are....

In the Beginning....
An Old Friend
The Party (Ken Rosenberg)
Back Alley Brawl (Ken Rosenberg)
Jury Fury (Ken Rosenberg)
Riot (Ken Rosenberg)
Treacherous Swine (Cortez)
Mall Shootout (Cortez)
Guardian Angels (Cortez) (Unlocks Starfish Island)
The Chase (Diaz)
Phnom Penh '86 (Diaz) (Unlocks West Island)

gangster2332
  • gangster2332

wandering encyclopedia

• BUSTED!
  • United-Arab-Emirates

Posted 09 June 2015 - 06:00 AM

spuds725, that method only works on ps2

BlackSnow176
  • BlackSnow176

Master Cat

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 09 June 2015 - 06:43 AM

The "best" is a matter of opinion.... I think mine is the "best"-- which does not make it so....

I remember I've tried this, but I hit the wall everytime :/

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Drunk on Power

• United-States
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 09 June 2015 - 09:05 PM

I am relatively certain that someone used it on PC-- not sure about xbox and I never did try it on my android version.

It does take practice-- you have to be going fast and the bike has to be upright when you reach the wall-- and you have to hit the spot just right....

There are other methods-- 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AczGaQRZ-7A

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich, so wie du bist.

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 10 June 2015 - 02:47 AM

^ I remember me and a friend did that but with a Sabre many years ago. We just drove it straight through the gates on Starfish Island and for whatever reason we clipped through.

s2n vaniish
  • s2n vaniish

Hustler

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 June 2015 - 06:21 AM Edited by s2n vaniish, 10 June 2015 - 06:25 AM.

Here is the one I used (Go to 2:24 before that is just driving)

It also works on PS2 (At least on 1.2) I'm not sure about Android and XBOX.

TaliBong
  • TaliBong

Rat

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 June 2015 - 08:23 AM

Just get an ambulance, drive to starfish, park up on the left next to the fence and run and jump over, go to the western gate on the right hand side and wait for a boat, and freedom!

gluserty
  • gluserty

GTA enthusiast

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 June 2015 - 12:02 AM

I tried the trick Spuds725 described (PS2 version), and it worked like a champ. I'd say my first five attempts were no good, but then I went to the nearby Pay 'n Spray to repair the bike (used a PCJ-600 from the Ocean Bay Marina) at Ocean Beach, I made a left towards the barrier and made it through. So what I learned was that one can also make it through the barrier from that direction (though it is still straight on) as well.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users