Photo

Brook_s beach models corrupted after 3ds import

4 replies to this topic
hellya2011
  • hellya2011

Hellya2011

• Members

Posted 09 June 2012 - 09:02 AM

Ok so im trying to import one of the beach models into 3ds max, but it won't import correctly.

here is the model i'm trying to import:
user posted image
By hellya2011

When i export then import as an open format, it doesn't display a model, just the dummy:
user posted image
By hellya2011

When i export then import as a .wdr and use Shadow IV to import it looks wierd and corrupted:
user posted image
By hellya2011

i also tried using Sparkiv to export as .smd and import using a .smd importer, but sparkiv crashes when you try to export it.

Any ideas on how to get it to import correctly? Help please? suicidal.gif

Frank.s
  • Frank.s

• Members

Posted 09 June 2012 - 01:08 PM Edited by Frank.s, 09 June 2012 - 01:12 PM.

Not supposed to import/export wdrs like that. Delete shadows scripts, they stopped being used over a year ago, all you need is GIMS + OpenIV. smile.gif

The correct method for exporting an editable wdr from GTAIV is to export the chosen wdr into an odr and .mesh file then import the odr file with GIMS. (right click the file in OpenIV to see the export open formats option)
After using GIMS to import the exported .odr, now the model is in 3dsmax ready to edit.
To export the file you need to export an odr using GIMS, once that's done use OpenIV to open the chosen .img archive and drag+drop the new .odr into the OpenIV window and OpenIV compiles the .odr+.mesh file into a normal .wdr (only need to drag+drop the .odr, not the .mesh file because that gets found automatically.

hellya2011
  • hellya2011

Hellya2011

• Members

Posted 09 June 2012 - 03:47 PM

QUOTE (Frank.s @ Saturday, Jun 9 2012, 13:08)
Not supposed to import/export wdrs like that. Delete shadows scripts, they stopped being used over a year ago, all you need is GIMS + OpenIV. smile.gif

The correct method for exporting an editable wdr from GTAIV is to export the chosen wdr into an odr and .mesh file then import the odr file with GIMS. (right click the file in OpenIV to see the export open formats option)
After using GIMS to import the exported .odr, now the model is in 3dsmax ready to edit.
To export the file you need to export an odr using GIMS, once that's done use OpenIV to open the chosen .img archive and drag+drop the new .odr into the OpenIV window and OpenIV compiles the .odr+.mesh file into a normal .wdr (only need to drag+drop the .odr, not the .mesh file because that gets found automatically.

that's what i did in the 2nd picture, i exported as an open format .odr by right clicking and imported using gims the .odr
only the dev_model dummy got imported whatsthat.gif

Frank.s
  • Frank.s

• Members

Posted 09 June 2012 - 06:13 PM

Ah yeah, i missed that.

Hm, judging by the look of your copy of GIMS, it seems to be an old version. Update GIMS and OpenIV then try again because the bug could be caused by incompatibilities between your version of GIMS and OpenIV. smile.gif

zgpzgp1
  • zgpzgp1

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 June 2012 - 09:45 AM

QUOTE (Frank.s @ Saturday, Jun 9 2012, 18:13)
Ah yeah, i missed that.

Hm, judging by the look of your copy of GIMS, it seems to be an old version. Update GIMS and OpenIV then try again because the bug could be caused by incompatibilities between your version of GIMS and OpenIV. smile.gif

I think what you said makes sense, can you help me to have a look at my post, to try to help me to answer, thank you
http://www.gtaforums...entry1061383684

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users