Photo

Need help with Helicopter Mission

10 replies to this topic
Derek2012
  • Derek2012

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 June 2012 - 12:35 AM

With all do respect, ...whomever should want to handle my case, ...Please, I need someone who is most respectful of my age, and sensitivity to the nature of this site, as it's so confusing for me-to navigate my way through this 'Help'. I've tried this before, and have had little luck, as had got to the fourth game 'Helicopter' mission, and it would not let me 'Cut, copy an paste' to put in 'Mission Help' page, so that someone could help me with. I've since, tried again... And am now, just past the 'Treacherous Swine' (Sp.), and have saved this to my hotel; but then, go into: GTA Vice City User Files, and all I see are Missions 1 and 2, and that's all. What is wrong here? Isn't 'Helicopter' game right after, 'Treacherous Swine?' Or not?

Please, if you are deciding to help me here, realize, that I am older... And, do not grasp all this high-tech, jargon, and this particular 'Help Site' (Navigating Around In!) So, please... If you should happen to want to help me with, ...Please, be patient with me. As, I had 'Double-Posted' or something last time, and do not know what I'm doing here, be patient with me, and work with me, and get me past this mission (Helicopter), as it's way too hard for me, to do. I know, I will never do it on my own. Need help with. Will be so appreciative, of the one who helps me get to the other side of town, as this one starting side "Washington Beach" is getting so old, and I want to progress on. As I think this game GTA Vice City, is such a cool game. The best I've ever played. I love it! So, please if you could tell me what do I do next to get the 'Helicopter' mission, 'Cut, copied, and Pasted' to: And get past this? REMEMEBER WORK WITH ME HERE! BE PATIENT, BE KIND, AS LAST TIME-THE HELP GOT 'SHORT-TEMPERED'. WORK WITH ME HERE! BE PATIENT WITH ME. I'M AN OLD-CODGER! wink.gif

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 08 June 2012 - 02:43 AM

When you have the page for Uploader open. Samutz's Uploader/Downloader: http://www.gtasnp.com/

You Click ‘Browse’
Your file folder opens.
You Click on the File number (slot number) in your file of the save you want to upload.
Click ok.
The page should now show “Save Information”
Look for “Helper BBCode:
All you need is to highlight the line that says,:
LINK: h t t p://gtasnp.com/# # # # #
Right Click and ‘Copy’ that line.
Go to this forum page and ‘Paste’ that line into the forum.

Derek2012
  • Derek2012

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 June 2012 - 08:15 AM

QUOTE (lil weasel @ Friday, Jun 8 2012, 02:43)
When you have the page for Uploader open. Samutz's Uploader/Downloader: http://www.gtasnp.com/

You Click ‘Browse’
Your file folder opens.
You Click on the File number (slot number) in your file of the save you want to upload.
Click ok.
The page should now show “Save Information”
Look for “Helper BBCode:
All you need is to highlight the line that says,:
LINK: h t t p://gtasnp.com/# # # # #
Right Click and ‘Copy’ that line.
Go to this forum page and ‘Paste’ that line into the forum.

LIL Weasel, (Hope that's right!)
------------------------------
Ok, received your message to me, and want to thank you! I also want to say, I don't always get into this site, or even online everyday.

(1) Will you always see my posts, when I post? (Regarding all this?) Also...
-----------------------------------------------
(2) Your post to me, is that the same as this?
-----------------------------------------------
Go to the "My Documents" folder on your computer. In there is another folder called "GTA Vice City User Files". This contains all of your savegames and game settings. Look up the save file you want, "GTAVCsf1" is save number 1, "GTAVCsf2" is save number 2, and so on.

Once you have located the file you want, go to the GTA Save N Play Uploader. Click Browse and look up the savegame file that you found earlier. Then click Upload. Once it is done, you will get a screen that looks like this one - this is one that I uploaded earlier.

Copy the link in the "URL" field, and just paste it in a post here. Then one of us will download that save file, put it in our own game and pass that mission for you.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Cause, it doesn't look the same, or sound the same!)
(3) Can you answer those two questions for me? Also,
Be patient with me as I have to work at this when I can, ...when I can use this computer-I share with other people. So,
(4) Could you leave me messages, to these? And others?
Thank you, Derek

Miro
  • Miro

Time Killa™

• Zaibatsu
  • None
  • GTANet Contribution Award [Newbie Guide]
    Most Improved 2010

Posted 09 June 2012 - 12:48 PM

Yes, he, just like me and the others, can see what you're posting. You have a specific save file in your computer, which can be shared to the others. If you give us that file, we'll be able to play your save game, and access everything on it. This way, we'll be able to pass the mission you cannot pass. After we've done that, we upload again the save file to this site, where you're originally supposed to upload it as well, and you'll just put back your modified by us save file.

Now, to find your save file, if you're on Windows XP, you can go here: C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\My Documents\GTA Vice City User Files. The <username> field depends on the name of the PC. Like mine is my name, yours will be your name. Derek possibly. In that place you should find 2 or more files: gta_vc.set and GTAVCsf1.b. If you have more files, it's all up to you. The "sf1" part in the GTAVCsf1.b file shows the slot you saved your game in. There are 8 slots. If you save for example your game in slot 5, it would be GTAVCsf5.b.

Now, you go to this site, click Browse, and you'll be shown either the Desktop or another place. Click on the My Computer Icon and then go to C: --> Documents and Settings --> Your Computer Name (possibly Derek) --> My Documents --> GTA Vice City User Files. Again, this only applies for the Windows XP OS. Click on the GTAVCsf1.b file and you'll see that the browsing window will disappear and at the Save Game Upload N' Download site you'll see before the Browse & Upload buttons the directory of your save file (C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\My Documents\GTA Vice City User Files). After that, click Upload (the key on the Save File Uploader N' Downloader site next to the Browse button).

Now wait a few seconds until it's being uploaded and soon you'll see the page change. Now, you'll see more codes. Here are the ones:
  • Save Uploaded - Tells you that your save file has been successfully uploaded to the site.
  • Game Information - Tells you about the save file, when it was uploaded and when it'll expire (it won't be downloadable anymore) - usually a month after; and also tells the last mission that you have passed and saved.
  • Download - Click any of the Slots fro 1 to 8 to download the save file. You don't need to do that since it's your own save file.
  • Share This Save - Here you can find more fields. Copy - Paste the link in the FIRST field. The one after URL. Copy that link, and paste it in your reply on the forum.

We'll be then able to play the save file and pass the mission. Then re-upload the save file with the passed mission which you'll place at C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\My Documents\GTA Vice City User Files. You'll still have the older save file, but you can either delete it or simply replace it.

Here's also some information about how to pass the mission yourself. I did NOT write this, but it should help you. Please note that the commands told here apply ONLY for the default controls of Vice City.
*Flying heli* tactics for PC v2.0

Before we begin, there is a trick to level your height and also accelerate at the same time by pressing -> [UP] + [DOWN] + [9]. This is also useful when you want to turn. It's called fine-tuning your height (you start at a low/mid/high altitude and adjust how you want to keep it that way).

• Accelerating system
    [9] - Move forward
    [UP] - Fly higher/accelerate

Tip #1: When using these keys - if you find yourself too high, then simply let go off the [UP] key, press the [DOWN] key and continue along with the [9] + [UP] key. *But* if you are too low, then do the opposite! (Normally people tend to hold down these keys at the same time which is the right thing to do - but keep in mind that going forward causes you to gradually descend, while going up causes you to ascend.)

• Braking/reversing system
    [N/A] - Lower speed, keeps heli balanced and in one position
    [6] - Move backward
    [Down] - Fly lower/decelerate

Tip #2: If you find yourself too high near to the ceiling, press on the [DOWN] key and do your [9] + [UP] key technique. The [6] key is like to reverse away from danger or objects. Pressing no key is useful for when you want to pick up bombs or place them since you might be going too fast, and you'll just bypass them and waste precious time.

• Turning system
    [LEFT] - Move heli left
    [RIGHT] - Move heli right
    [Num1] - Rotates helicopter to the left/counterclockwise
    [Num2] - Rotates helicopter to the right/clockwise

Tip #3: Ah, now for turning. Let's say you press on the [RIGHT] key and it is not giving you enough turns, then use [2] key and let go off it immediately! As for turning left with the [LEFT] key, use the [1] key when you feel like you need to turn better. However, you will know when it is appropriate to rotate the helicopter such as when going around corners.

• Level-flight system
    [UP]+[DOWN]+[9] - More info above...

Good luck matey. icon14.gif

Derek2012
  • Derek2012

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 June 2012 - 08:34 AM

QUOTE (miromiro @ Saturday, Jun 9 2012, 12:48)
Yes, he, just like me and the others, can see what you're posting. You have a specific save file in your computer, which can be shared to the others. If you give us that file, we'll be able to play your save game, and access everything on it. This way, we'll be able to pass the mission you cannot pass. After we've done that, we upload again the save file to this site, where you're originally supposed to upload it as well, and you'll just put back your modified by us save file.

Now, to find your save file, if you're on Windows XP, you can go here: C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\My Documents\GTA Vice City User Files. The <username> field depends on the name of the PC. Like mine is my name, yours will be your name. Derek possibly. In that place you should find 2 or more files: gta_vc.set and GTAVCsf1.b. If you have more files, it's all up to you. The "sf1" part in the GTAVCsf1.b file shows the slot you saved your game in. There are 8 slots. If you save for example your game in slot 5, it would be GTAVCsf5.b.

Now, you go to this site, click Browse, and you'll be shown either the Desktop or another place. Click on the My Computer Icon and then go to C: --> Documents and Settings --> Your Computer Name (possibly Derek) --> My Documents --> GTA Vice City User Files. Again, this only applies for the Windows XP OS. Click on the GTAVCsf1.b file and you'll see that the browsing window will disappear and at the Save Game Upload N' Download site you'll see before the Browse & Upload buttons the directory of your save file (C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\My Documents\GTA Vice City User Files). After that, click Upload (the key on the Save File Uploader N' Downloader site next to the Browse button).

Now wait a few seconds until it's being uploaded and soon you'll see the page change. Now, you'll see more codes. Here are the ones:
  • Save Uploaded - Tells you that your save file has been successfully uploaded to the site.
  • Game Information - Tells you about the save file, when it was uploaded and when it'll expire (it won't be downloadable anymore) - usually a month after; and also tells the last mission that you have passed and saved.
  • Download - Click any of the Slots fro 1 to 8 to download the save file. You don't need to do that since it's your own save file.
  • Share This Save - Here you can find more fields. Copy - Paste the link in the FIRST field. The one after URL. Copy that link, and paste it in your reply on the forum.
We'll be then able to play the save file and pass the mission. Then re-upload the save file with the passed mission which you'll place at C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\My Documents\GTA Vice City User Files. You'll still have the older save file, but you can either delete it or simply replace it.

Here's also some information about how to pass the mission yourself. I did NOT write this, but it should help you. Please note that the commands told here apply ONLY for the default controls of Vice City.
*Flying heli* tactics for PC v2.0

Before we begin, there is a trick to level your height and also accelerate at the same time by pressing -> [UP] + [DOWN] + [9]. This is also useful when you want to turn. It's called fine-tuning your height (you start at a low/mid/high altitude and adjust how you want to keep it that way).

• Accelerating system
    [9] - Move forward
    [UP] - Fly higher/accelerate

Tip #1: When using these keys - if you find yourself too high, then simply let go off the [UP] key, press the [DOWN] key and continue along with the [9] + [UP] key. *But* if you are too low, then do the opposite! (Normally people tend to hold down these keys at the same time which is the right thing to do - but keep in mind that going forward causes you to gradually descend, while going up causes you to ascend.)

• Braking/reversing system
    [N/A] - Lower speed, keeps heli balanced and in one position
    [6] - Move backward
    [Down] - Fly lower/decelerate

Tip #2: If you find yourself too high near to the ceiling, press on the [DOWN] key and do your [9] + [UP] key technique. The [6] key is like to reverse away from danger or objects. Pressing no key is useful for when you want to pick up bombs or place them since you might be going too fast, and you'll just bypass them and waste precious time.

• Turning system
    [LEFT] - Move heli left
    [RIGHT] - Move heli right
    [Num1] - Rotates helicopter to the left/counterclockwise
    [Num2] - Rotates helicopter to the right/clockwise

Tip #3: Ah, now for turning. Let's say you press on the [RIGHT] key and it is not giving you enough turns, then use [2] key and let go off it immediately! As for turning left with the [LEFT] key, use the [1] key when you feel like you need to turn better. However, you will know when it is appropriate to rotate the helicopter such as when going around corners.

• Level-flight system
    [UP]+[DOWN]+[9] - More info above...

Good luck matey. icon14.gif

C:\Documents and Settings\david\My Documents\GTAVice City User Files\GTAVCsf2.b

Here 'MiroMiro', can you use this... As tried to draw up from 'Browse' in Save N Play Downloader Uploader, site... And just would not upload. So, have 'Cut, Copy and Pasted to here. Can you use this 'Above' line, to do the same thing. And help me pass this 'Helicopter' mission? Am desperate, as I can't get things to work, as you would have me do. So, please try for me... Ok? Thanks, Derek P.S.: for some reason that site (Save N Play) isn't cooperating.

Miro
  • Miro

Time Killa™

• Zaibatsu
  • None
  • GTANet Contribution Award [Newbie Guide]
    Most Improved 2010

Posted 10 June 2012 - 08:52 AM

I'm afraid it won't work that way. The save file is still in your PC and not on the Internet.
And there's no need to Quote such a big reply, simply make a new post.
Is there any chance you could try again with the Uploader N' Downloader? It was apparently unavailable for a few minutes.

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States
  • Contribution Award [GTAF]

Posted 12 June 2012 - 01:10 PM

Can anyone make a screen capture video or whatnot and upload to youtube so this guy can see how to do this.

I don't think he is getting it....

Don't hide behind your age.... Many of you will be surprised about my age....

Andreaz1
  • Andreaz1

Anything 80's

• Members
  • Sweden
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 12 June 2012 - 02:45 PM

I really hope these help..

Step 1

Step 2

Step 3

Step 4

Step 5

Step 6

Step 7

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States

Posted 14 June 2012 - 12:56 AM

QUOTE (Andreaz1 @ Tuesday, Jun 12 2012, 10:45)
I really hope these help..

Step 1

Step 2

Step 3

Step 4

Step 5

Step 6

Step 7

Thanks....

NewportByChrysler
  • NewportByChrysler

LC R29

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 June 2012 - 06:12 PM

QUOTE (Derek2012 @ Sunday, Jun 10 2012, 03:34)

He....he tried to link it from his PC. bored.gif dontgetit.gif

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States

Posted 15 June 2012 - 12:36 PM Edited by Spuds725, 15 June 2012 - 12:40 PM.

QUOTE (NewportByChrysler @ Thursday, Jun 14 2012, 14:12)
QUOTE (Derek2012 @ Sunday, Jun 10 2012, 03:34)

He....he tried to link it from his PC. bored.gif dontgetit.gif

Thanks Mr. Obvious

"If you aren't a part of the solution you are a part of the problem." (Not sure who originally said this)

GTA Forums is here to help people if they need it.... we welcome people of ALL PC skill levels.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users