Photo

Beyond: Two Souls

41 replies to this topic
rotipuj
  • rotipuj

That's all I got

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 06:15 AM

So GameStop was giving away codes for the demo and I got one.

Played it. The graphics are great, characters look so real and life-like. The controls are better than Heavy Rain, using the stick to move Jodie. It still has QTE's though, which I don't really mind. Controlling Aiden is fine, you can throw stuff around etc. Can't say much about the story as it was just a demo, but it seems okay. I just hope its really emotional. Don't know if I'll be buying it day one. I'll wait for the reviews.

Spoiler

W2B
  • W2B

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 26 September 2013 - 09:41 AM

I hate that the Quantic Dream games are Sony exclusives these days. I loved Fahrenheit and was really looking forward to Heavy Rain, until I learned that it was gonna be a PS3 exclusive.

I guess Microsoft's to blame. Heavy Rain was supposed to be released on Xbox too (and then maybe on pc as well), but they got scared because of the controversial stuff like child kidnapping etc. They didn't want a scandal and as a result, wasn't interested in the game. So Heavy Rain was only released on PS3 with great success, and today, Sony pretty much owns Quantic Dream (I think), meaning that there's no chance of their future games to be released on other platforms. And that sucks!!!

Beyond: Two Souls looks amazing, but as a pc gamer, I won't be able to play it, just like Heavy Rain.

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

I'm back as a changed man.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 October 2013 - 08:12 PM

The party scene was just awesome.

Criѕtian
  • Criѕtian

2KSG

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 10 October 2013 - 08:42 PM

David Cage is really good at writing dumb and inconsistent (full of plot holes) stories. That alone basically ruined both Indigo Prophecy (Fahrenheit) and Heavy Rain, and also the fact that there wasn't a lot of gameplay to these games. A game that uses quick time events too much is not my thing I guess, but the story and characters should be really good to compensate, and they weren't in his previous games. I wonder if this game will be any different.

Zancudo
  • Zancudo

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • Poland

Posted 10 October 2013 - 09:24 PM Edited by Zancudo, 10 October 2013 - 09:26 PM.

David Cage is really good at writing dumb and inconsistent (full of plot holes) stories. That alone basically ruined both Indigo Prophecy (Fahrenheit) and Heavy Rain, and also the fact that there wasn't a lot of gameplay to these games. A game that uses quick time events too much is not my thing I guess, but the story and characters should be really good to compensate, and they weren't in his previous games. I wonder if this game will be any different.

I read that Beyond is even less logical than the predecessors, in terms of storyline. A bad thing, knowing that it's the main factor of this kind of game. And guess what, there's also less choices to make than in Heavy Rain.

Ibrahimhassounah
  • Ibrahimhassounah

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 11:39 PM

I hate that the Quantic Dream games are Sony exclusives these days. I loved Fahrenheit and was really looking forward to Heavy Rain, until I learned that it was gonna be a PS3 exclusive.

I guess Microsoft's to blame. Heavy Rain was supposed to be released on Xbox too (and then maybe on pc as well), but they got scared because of the controversial stuff like child kidnapping etc. They didn't want a scandal and as a result, wasn't interested in the game. So Heavy Rain was only released on PS3 with great success, and today, Sony pretty much owns Quantic Dream (I think), meaning that there's no chance of their future games to be released on other platforms. And that sucks!!!

Beyond: Two Souls looks amazing, but as a pc gamer, I won't be able to play it, just like Heavy Rain.

Rest assured to hear that Quantic Dream isn't a first party studio , it's a 2nd party studio . they refused multiple times to join Sony . that could indicate that they're welling to create games for other consoles 

Boxman108
  • Boxman108

Thug

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 04:36 AM

Even if I was able to get it I probably wouldn't waste my time with it.  I watched a playthrough of Heavy Rain and it was interesting, but later on I watched it through again from the perspective of Matt and Pat(Two Best Friends on youtube), as well as their more recent run through Indigo Prophecy, and it seems pretty evident to me that this David Cage guy really does not know how to make a good story.

• Criѕtian likes this

kj2022
  • kj2022

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 08:55 PM

I think the story in Beyond: Two Souls is actually the best one from Quantic Dream and David Cage, yeah it gets a little weird, but honestly, the characters and things in there just makes it worth it.

Criѕtian
  • Criѕtian

2KSG

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 13 October 2013 - 06:43 PM

Even if I was able to get it I probably wouldn't waste my time with it.  I watched a playthrough of Heavy Rain and it was interesting, but later on I watched it through again from the perspective of Matt and Pat(Two Best Friends on youtube), as well as their more recent run through Indigo Prophecy, and it seems pretty evident to me that this David Cage guy really does not know how to make a good story.

Matt and Pat are the best.

Consistency seems to Cage's biggest issue. They seem to have turned the paranormal bullsh*t dial all the way up with this game, but maybe this story makes some sense. I kinda hope it's bad though, so Matt and Patt (Woolie too maybe) can play it and make fun of it.

Reaper Madness
  • Reaper Madness

Snitch

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 14 October 2013 - 03:27 PM

Take out the crappy romantic subplots, and have a consistent timeline and this bastard might actually have something here. Better luck next gen.

Secura
  • Secura

Fallen and Reborn

• The Yardies
  • United-Kingdom
  • Discussion Award [Gaming]
    Literary Prowess [General Chat]

Posted 15 October 2013 - 03:53 AM Edited by Lightning Strike, 15 October 2013 - 03:55 AM.

Consistency seems to Cage's biggest issue. They seem to have turned the paranormal bullsh*t dial all the way up with this game, but maybe this story makes some sense.

This is very true, David Cage couldn't keep a straight plot together if his life depended on it, it's even more worrying knowing that Beyond: Two Souls' narrative jumps around randomly throughout twenty years of Jodie's life so how anyone could make sense of it is beyond me.

Doublepulse
  • Doublepulse

I will turn your life upside down!

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 15 October 2013 - 06:10 PM

Even though I liked Heavy Rain and it was great, because that game had lack of DLC content we were promised, and there really is not any reason to replay the game, when you complete every ending..

I will not be getting Beyond Two Souls until the price drops. Unlike most, I am probably one of the few who loves QTEs in games if they are done right, and I have no doubt it will be a great experience. But I know I am paying more for an interactive movie than a game..

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users