» «
Photo

Beyond: Two Souls

41 replies to this topic
theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

Muslim

• Members

Posted 07 June 2012 - 06:26 PM Edited by theomenofficial, 18 April 2013 - 06:02 PM.

user posted image

The main character is Jodie Holmes, a young girl who is, as per the E3 trailer, kinda quiet and perhaps unsurprisingly, awfully deadly. She is accompanied by a spirit partner, known as Aiden or Iden (similarity to Eden coincidental?), which other characters might actually see. The player will follow 15 years of Jodie's life and, presumably, we will continue on into the "beyond" or rather, after her death.As for gameplay, you can certainly expect a fair amount of QTE (Quick Time Event) action, which has been the staple mechanic for past QD productions, including last generation's Indigo Prophecy. However, David Cage has gone on record saying that different gameplay control and systems should be involved, claiming that "every single moment has almost different gameplay." That ought to be intriguing although admittedly, all we're really seeing from the following E3 footage is a bunch of QTEs mixed in with story progression, just like Heavy Rain.David Cage promised that the game will be "unlike anything you have experienced before. It will be emotional, mature and unique. But also epic, breathtaking and spectacular."

EDIT:23 minutes of real gameplay http://m.youtube.com...h?v=YHiVxNEJYAA Beyond:Two Souls is releasing in October exclusive to the Playstation 3.

AndyGanteks
  • AndyGanteks

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 07 June 2012 - 06:31 PM

I won't mind another Heavy Rain, it was an amusing story even though there barely was any gameplay.

Marlowe.
  • Marlowe.

I Still Jerk-off Manually

• Members

Posted 08 June 2012 - 03:56 AM

QUOTE (AndyGanteks @ Friday, Jun 8 2012, 04:31)
I won't mind another Heavy Rain, it was an amusing story even though there barely was any gameplay.

Sorry - but you would call Heavy Rain "amusing"? Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif

Been anticipating Quantic Dreams next game for some time now. This doesn't look like it will disappoint. Another incredible gaming experience on it's way.

Typhus
  • Typhus

OG

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 09 June 2012 - 08:11 PM

I hope these people get their act together.
Remember the awful, awful voice acting in Heavy Rain? White guys voicing black characters, a French voice actor for the young Scott Shelby?
At least in this game I suppose they can justify a lot of the violence, which is more than I can say for the constant chases and fights in Heavy Rain.

To be honest, the trailer didn't blow me away, it doesn't look like anything massively original and the only intriguing thing so far is the mention of the afterlife. So, we'll see.

DeeperRed
  • DeeperRed

Damn it feels good to be gangsta

• Zaibatsu

Posted 09 June 2012 - 08:48 PM

Heavy Rain was a nice experienced and will be remembered as it marks a point where were achieving a real cinematic experience, however it still felt a little bit slow at points and the pace wasn't right. If you want a cinematic experience you got to think cinema. You have to get that that perfect balance of cinema and interactivity. If anything make it last 2 hours and sell it as DLC, make it fast and fluid with a decent set of variables. So it stings together fast like a movie. This is not an easy task though as they have to make it right for the human brain to processes. Felling in control, but also feel like your watching a movie thats going to be hard. Also selling it as a full game isn't right, your going to want to be able to do it in one sitting. You could watch your mates one and be like there where some decisions i didn't like there let me change that and it has a decent effect on the way the story plays out but retaining cinematic style so he can watch your take. I don't know if thats even achievable, or im talking sh*t but If that is what heavy rain was going for then it didn't it the sweet spot. Write it like a game, but directed like a film.

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

Muslim

• Members

Posted 13 June 2012 - 06:32 PM

QUOTE (AndyGanteks @ Thursday, Jun 7 2012, 18:31)

You call that dark story amusing? Some of it was pretty disturbing e.g. cutting off your own finger.On Topic:This game feels exactly like Heavy Rain but with different characters.

thatstupidbug
  • thatstupidbug

Peon

• Members

Posted 13 June 2012 - 07:45 PM

supernatural elements + super-mega-Matrix ability + chasing by the Law + something "undead".... i don't know, the formula seems pretty mutch the same every game... and I'm still angry for the second half of Farenheit to fully trust them biggrin.gif

.dre.
  • .dre.

reminder 6/12

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 June 2012 - 10:27 PM

I'll definitely try to pick this one up. I didn't really know much about Heavy Rain so I decided to watch a walkthrough. After a half hour I couldn't stop watching it. I basically spoiled the whole thing, but this time I'll stay clear of spoilers and enjoy this game for what it is.

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

Muslim

• Members

Posted 29 June 2012 - 07:41 PM

QUOTE (.dre. @ Wednesday, Jun 13 2012, 22:27)
I'll definitely try to pick this one up. I didn't really know much about Heavy Rain so I decided to watch a walkthrough. After a half hour I couldn't stop watching it. I basically spoiled the whole thing, but this time I'll stay clear of spoilers and enjoy this game for what it is.

You should buy Heavy Rain,it's really good.On Topic:This game looks exactly like Heavy Rain with a girl as the main character confused.gif

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

Muslim

• Members

Posted 23 February 2013 - 01:22 PM

Quantic Dream's next PlayStation 3 game, Beyond: Two Souls, will be "quite different" from the studio's last, Heavy Rain, says founder and game director David Cage. And Cage's next project, whatever may come after Beyond, will also be "very different," he says.

"I make games because I want to discover. So [with] each game, I take risks," Cage told Polygon in an interview at last week's DICE Summit. "It would have been a very easy decision for me to make Heavy Rain 2; same game, different story, different characters and here you go. It probably would have sold more copies then than Heavy Rain, but I'm in this industry because I'm passionate and fascinated by it ... I just want to experiment.

"So expect something quite different with Beyond ... and after Beyond."

Beyond: Two Souls won't play anything like Heavy Rain, Cage promises. In the cinematic adventure game, players will take control of both the supernaturally gifted Jodie played by Ellen Page and Aiden, the intangible entity that can travel places and behave in ways a human character can't. There are no QTEs, Cage says. Instead, Beyond will introduce new gameplay mechanics that offer similar advantages, but "play more in line with what gamers expect" from a modern action-adventure game.

Cage says that perception of Heavy Rain's QTE-heavy gameplay turned off potential players, even though Quantic Dream received "very positive feedback" about their implementation.

Development on Beyond is nearing its conclusion, Cage said, and Quantic Dream expects to have an internal beta version of the game playable soon.

After Beyond: Two Souls ships, Cage says he'd consider trying his hand at a project smaller in scope. His current PlayStation 3 game, announced at last year's E3, boasts some 200 developers and a cast of 160 performance captured actors.

Name-checking PlayStation 3 games like Journey and Papa & Yo, Cage says he values "the emotional immersion that these experiences provide." While talking about the types of projects that can be created by a team of 20 or less, Cage sounds energized, cutting through his jetlag for a moment.

But Cage also stresses that working with a team of hundreds has its advantages.

"When you want to change something, you have tons of people ready to do it," he says of the Quantic Dream team, "and you can do it very quickly. You can create very fast, and you can develop new technology, and you can do things you could never do with just 20 people.

"But, it's a big ship, so you really need to think ahead because, each time you need to make a turn, it takes a lot of time to make [that] turn."

The crew at Quantic Dream will release Beyond: Two Souls for PS3 in 2013.

gta_aus
  • gta_aus

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 23 February 2013 - 01:58 PM Edited by gta_aus, 23 February 2013 - 02:03 PM.

I've been waiting for another QD game for quite a while as well, I liked Heavy Rain, but I really loved Indigo Prophecy (it's called Fahrenheit here). Though for me in Heavy Rain pushing buttons on command were just not enough, wasn't interested in a second play through.

The amazing story in Indigo Prophecy didn't have me noticing it too much, or maybe it's because Indigo Prophecy was a new kinda experience so when Heavy Rain came it was kinda the same old thing?

Lets see if this new game has a creepy old lady and a flashback where you play as a child (Both Indigo Prophecy and Heavy Rain had them)

.dre.
  • .dre.

reminder 6/12

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 04:23 PM

http://www.ign.com/a...-date-announced

Release Date: October, 8th, 2013

GTA V and Beyond 2 Souls. Hell of a way to start the Fall.

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

Muslim

• Members

Posted 01 March 2013 - 04:45 PM

Zancudo
  • Zancudo

Soldier

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 01 March 2013 - 07:25 PM

When I read the news on Willem Dafoe to be playing the part in Beyond: Two Souls, I almost jumped out of my chair from the excitement. Can't wait for the October 8th! Definitely one of my most anticipated games of the whole generation, it stands high next to Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes and Grand Theft Auto V for the year 2013. Even despite I didn't enjoy Heavy Rain much (although, I loved the David Cage's concept of taking the gaming on another level), I'm absolutely waiting for Beyond: Two Souls. One thing worries me though - will it sell at least 'quite' well?

Typhus
  • Typhus

OG

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 01 March 2013 - 07:30 PM

Wait, you mean that they've got American actors playing the part of Americans?
Good Lord! Next thing you know they'll be casting black voice actors as black characters.

Sorry, but after the tripe that was Heavy Rain I'm still incredibly dubious about their ability to even tell a good story.
French Scott Shelby...God.

GTAfan786
  • GTAfan786

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 10:23 PM

QUOTE (Typhus @ Friday, Mar 1 2013, 19:30)
Good Lord! Next thing you know they'll be casting black voice actors as black characters.

Sorry, but after the tripe that was Heavy Rain I'm still incredibly dubious about their ability to even tell a good story.

Man, it's Willem Dafoe. Does he look like another typical hollywood actor to you? You ever watched Speed 2 and Spiderman? One of the best actors out there...he also looks like a proper psycho too.

Firefly8000
  • Firefly8000

The Harwood Butcher

• Members

Posted 01 March 2013 - 11:17 PM

Scott Shelby wasn't played by a French actor though... In fact none of the main characters were.

Johan.
  • Johan.

Legen, wait for it... dary.

• The Yardies
  • United-States

Posted 02 March 2013 - 04:49 AM

Damn I'm honestly looking forward to this game more than The Last Of Us... problem is once I finally saw the gameplay at E3 I was disappointed, I would have loved it if they kept the same kind of gameplay as Heavy Rain but I'll get used to this for the story.

Zancudo
  • Zancudo

Soldier

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 02 March 2013 - 11:01 AM

I'm so glad they got William Dafoe in it. Just his voice brings so much atmosphere to the scenes. Ellen Page is really nice, too. I expect, and hope, for a total improvement from Heavy Rain.

Typhus
  • Typhus

OG

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 02 March 2013 - 11:58 AM

QUOTE (Firefly8000 @ Friday, Mar 1 2013, 23:17)

Scott Shelby wasn't played by a French actor though... In fact none of the main characters were.

Scott Shelby as a child sure sounded pretty French to me.

Firefly8000
  • Firefly8000

The Harwood Butcher

• Members

Posted 02 March 2013 - 12:29 PM

QUOTE (Typhus @ Saturday, Mar 2 2013, 11:58)
QUOTE (Firefly8000 @ Friday, Mar 1 2013, 23:17)

Scott Shelby as a child sure sounded pretty French to me.

Okay yes, you got me there. All the kids in the game were definitely French.

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

Muslim

• Members

Posted 21 March 2013 - 03:04 PM

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

Muslim

• Members

Posted 04 April 2013 - 08:44 PM

IGN Video Preview.

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

Muslim

• Members

Posted 18 April 2013 - 06:00 PM

user posted image

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

Muslim

• Members

Posted 28 April 2013 - 07:25 AM

Looks so amazing!

Zancudo
  • Zancudo

Soldier

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 28 April 2013 - 10:37 AM

Stunning.

OmegaEvolution
  • OmegaEvolution

The King

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 28 April 2013 - 10:42 AM

QUOTE (theomenofficial @ Sunday, Apr 28 2013, 07:25)
Looks so amazing!

Incredible trailer, Sony is truly the king of gaming.

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

Muslim

• Members

Posted 28 April 2013 - 12:41 PM

35 minutes of gameplay!

.dre.
  • .dre.

reminder 6/12

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 April 2013 - 01:48 AM

I wish I didn't see that trailer. I will definitely be staying away from that 30 min gameplay. I can't spoil myself anymore. can't wait though.

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

Muslim

• Members

Posted 30 August 2013 - 03:07 PM

They got the release date wrong, it's coming out in October.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users