Photo

How was this site back in the day =]

145 replies to this topic
Typhus
  • Typhus

OG

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 18 July 2012 - 09:01 PM

When people got banned, the mods occasionally used it as a chance to be creative. One guy had his account banned and one of the staff took the liberty of changing his signature.
It was this animated thing that called him a drama queen and a bitch, before stating We gave you another chance. You blew it.
That was pretty funny.

Oh, and then there was the Harlemite fiasco. This guy created HUNDREDS of fake accounts and used them to vote down his own threads, which was especially weird as his threads were often very well constructed and entertaining.

ToniForelli
  • ToniForelli

Tap Tap Tap! *Troll food*. Umad?

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 July 2012 - 09:21 AM

I heard that there was a pirate invasion in this forums. How did it end. Tell me the events.

anus
  • anus

iHoodz Prez

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 19 July 2012 - 09:45 PM

QUOTE (Typhus @ Wednesday, Jul 18 2012, 16:01)
When people got banned, the mods occasionally used it as a chance to be creative. One guy had his account banned and one of the staff took the liberty of changing his signature.
It was this animated thing that called him a drama queen and a bitch, before stating We gave you another chance. You blew it.
That was pretty funny.

Oh, and then there was the Harlemite fiasco. This guy created HUNDREDS of fake accounts and used them to vote down his own threads, which was especially weird as his threads were often very well constructed and entertaining.

HAHAHA

immessedup

What about when official gangs were legit srsbsns, and chuck430 made fake accounts in order to get into all the other gangs

LOVE MEDIA

Cerbera'sMum
  • Cerbera'sMum

Former Forum Mum

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 04:12 PM Edited by Cerbera'sMum, 14 November 2013 - 04:13 PM.

I was here back in 2004 I think it was.....just a "spammer" I beleive but hey I made it into Forum Awards for being something to do with MacDonalds....I am too old to remember clearly.

And YES I am the mother of Cerbera!

Oh how I've missed my signature... although it should be Former Forum Mum!

Gilligan
  • Gilligan

Midnight Toker

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 14 November 2013 - 04:17 PM

I am by no means an old-school member but i preferred this place a whole lot more before the influx of people that came when the GTA V trailer was released.

I can't help but agree.
  • Finn 7 five 11 likes this

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 14 November 2013 - 04:20 PM

Before V = Nice, fun, decent discussions, hazing.. all around fun

V Trailer = Whoa, WALK in the hallways please, WALK, DONT RUN!

After V = I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

please continue the cycle if you feel theres a continue.

• Gilligan and Sting4S like this

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I have moved to a new account.

• BUSTED!
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 15 November 2013 - 02:17 AM

To be honest, the site was great back when I registered and even better before that. From what I remember in my early days (around when this topic was created), Gen-Chat wasn't filled with spam-filled trolls but only really fun topics and discussions. Such topics are very rare now. And to be honest I miss waiting for GTA V, all the hype and the anticipation. Made for some really good discussions anyways.

Now however Gen-Chat is filled with spam and boring useless topics. Which I guess is because many of the members who were there when I registered sorta disappeared. 

• Sting4S likes this

Max
  • Max

The Port Vila Killa.

• Zaibatsu
  • Vanuatu
  • Contribution Award [Sports]

Posted 15 November 2013 - 02:22 AM

Before V = Nice, fun, decent discussions, hazing.. all around fun

V Trailer = Whoa, WALK in the hallways please, WALK, DONT RUN!

After V = I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

please continue the cycle if you feel theres a continue.

It was like that for IV's release too. And I would imagine that every release before that has had the same influx of giddy newcomers which soon dies down leaving the cream to rise to the surface.

I'm not really an old member either (Posting regularly across 2 accounts since 2007) but I have seen enough to know that it extremely common to think that all those with the join date immediately after your own are illiterate, trolling cockwombles. This feeling passes.

Mockage
  • Mockage

Fljótavík

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 15 November 2013 - 02:29 AM

Haven't been here for long (only since June, 2010) but back when I joined, things were way better and cooler than it is today. The V section too was actually enjoyable to discuss in. Now we have all these newgen punks roaming the forums. Not saying this site took a turn for the worse, but the decency of conversation has noticeably decreased ever since V got into the shine light.

I would assume all the fun stuff is in the OGA forums.

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I have moved to a new account.

• BUSTED!
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 15 November 2013 - 02:33 AM

Haven't been here for long (only since June, 2010) but back when I joined, things were way better and cooler than it is today. The V section too was actually enjoyable to discuss in. Now we have all these newgen punks roaming the forums. Not saying this site took a turn for the worse, but the decency of conversation has noticeably decreased ever since V got into the shine light.

Yeah they might have created a 'Find the Blue v2' thread.

Really I miss those topics, One particular topic was the 'Are we being brainwashed' thread. From what I remember that topic had lots of QN worthy posts.

Also, I think Slamman should be unbanned. He did give some life to the forums to be honest.

Burbalade
  • Burbalade

Ebay Wizard

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 02:44 AM

It was better back in the day. I didn't notice the hype for the new releases back then, and didn't hype the games up myself either. It was what it was. The modding scene is why I originally came here, and it was a LOT more active at the time, and more creative. Conversions from other games were a minority. I quite miss those days.

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

I have no patience for you V section lurkers

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 November 2013 - 03:56 AM

I didn't have the luxury to experience this forum before V was announced, I first joined around that whole May 2405 controversy, but I have to say that it has gone a bit downhill since. I remember how cool the V section could feel, how it was to speculate, hell even bitch about the lack of info. You had troll threads and those days where people went crazy, but at least it was funny. Its only gone downhill. After the release, its like a nightmare trying to respond to the few good threads or even making a point.

This section has been cool most of the time, though sometimes it has it's moments... some really bad moments. :sly:

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Get Love Fisted

• Australia
  • Best Member In An Official Group 2012

Posted 15 November 2013 - 02:33 PM

The GTA V forum was more fun pre-release IMO. It seems ever since the game released a lot of the members who used to contribute have now disappeared.

I guess it's a bit like high school. You have so much fun causing mischief with others for those years, but after graduation everyone goes their own way. Strange analogy I guess, but that's how I feel.

I also miss Miamivicecity. That guy was a legend.
  • Gtaghost22 and Sting4S like this

ROCKSTAR MANIC
  • ROCKSTAR MANIC

Vice City Mamba

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 November 2013 - 03:13 PM

The GTA V forum was more fun pre-release IMO. It seems ever since the game released a lot of the members who used to contribute have now disappeared.

I guess it's a bit like high school. You have so much fun causing mischief with others for those years, but after graduation everyone goes their own way. Strange analogy I guess, but that's how I feel.

I also miss Miamivicecity. That guy was a legend.

sh*t definitely changed. The Pre-release of V. We went though the "Whiskey Era", the "Realistic Steak Era"  Those were goodtimes. although you're right. People move on. Adriaan "retired" definitely this Forum has not been the same without him. I guess this is the cycle of life here in the forums..

Tchuck
  • Tchuck

Grey Gaming

• Feroci
  • Japan

Posted 15 November 2013 - 05:28 PM

Every release it's like that. Before the release of Vice City, it was a lot of speculation, new forum skin, all this hush hush thing about finding out more information about it. Then it was released, another new influx of members with questions they couldn't be arsed to use the search button for. Then after a month or three, things died down again, 90% of those that came for the new game stopped posting, and things went back to normal. Rinse and repeat for SA, IV, V, VI etc.

Atmospherewise, the old days were more interesting. We had lots of experimental stuff going on the forums, lots of investigation/modding of the game, heck we even became the source of Hot Coffee, how kickass is that? My first memory of this place was this one guy named Thompson-something building a WTC for GTA3, and getting people all interested in getting a floor of their own inside the building and whatnot. Never came to fruition. Then there were legendary modders like ODIE (RIP), fun projects like illspirit's highway, and a ton of scratch-modelers making kickass cars for the game.

All that is gone now.

zielarz119
  • zielarz119

Peon

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 05:49 PM

Here you go

works slow but always something ;p

Irviding
  • Irviding

No bed crew

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 15 November 2013 - 09:03 PM

I don't remember to be honest, I've been on this site for 5 years as of this month and don't think I remember it being much different. I could be wrong though. I've always found this to be my favorite forum I've ever been a part of. The guys in AMF are great and the people (apart from the V forum) are like minded/cool to talk with.

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 15 November 2013 - 09:09 PM

It had a sharper edge and cut deeper. It used to require thick skin to survive. Way less ass licking.

Mockage
  • Mockage

Fljótavík

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 15 November 2013 - 09:16 PM

Yeah they might have created a 'Find the Blue v2' thread.

Really I miss those topics, One particular topic was the 'Are we being brainwashed' thread. From what I remember that topic had lots of QN worthy posts.

Also, I think Slamman should be unbanned. He did give some life to the forums to be honest.

Slamman was a nuisance. I think it was before a month that he got banned again, but he would always fill up my inbox with offers of computers that he has on eBay. The reason why was because at the time I was looking for a computer and I enlisted the help of all the smart fellas in the tech section, which in turn led him to constantly beg me to buy the crappy machines he had.

Don't remember this brainwashed thread, but Find the blue was hilarious. I pity those who didn't get to experience what was once an energized, interesting hunt, but eventually turned into probably the biggest spamfest in the GTA V section along with being the topic that was locked and unlocked the most (I think?).

Adriaan
  • Adriaan

Uncut

• Members
  • None
  • Most Helpful [GTA Series] 2012
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA Series] 2012
    Most Respected 2012
    Most Helpful 2012
    Best Returning Member 2012
    Best Contributor [GTA Series] 2012
    Best Forum Ledby 2012
    Best Moderator 2012

Posted 15 November 2013 - 09:53 PM Edited by Adriaan, 15 November 2013 - 09:57 PM.

Adriaan "retired" definitely this Forum has not been the same without him.

40413-dramatic-dog-zoom-gif-LEg5.gif

I know what you're referring to, and that's great. But Tchuck up this page in this post put it very well.

What you're referring to and missing is the hype and fun during the pre-release period... which naturally dies off as soon as a game is released.

spoof
  • spoof

?

• The Precinct

Posted 16 November 2013 - 10:14 PM

Haven’t posted in a while (obviously), but I’ve always continued to view the forums regularly.

It’s not so much that the forums have changed in the past decade, it’s more the case that the intraweb has. Nowadays every moron has global connectivity. Sure, everybody had it back then; but they weren’t raised on it from birth – the current generation of teenagers has been.

This has obviously made a very big difference and not necessarily a positive one :(

Back in the day there was a greater sense of “community”. When a new member started to become “involved” with the forums, they were welcomed, tolerated or berated (dependent upon quality of posts).

After a while, we had teh pit. The new members who were obviously only here to disrupt were taken there and it was fun. Many laughs were had. We even stared a “fight club" whereby members could test their “flaming” skills.

Many expressed an interest, but when it actually came down to it - few actually put it out there. I remember it being over 5 rounds with a panel of judges and facing off against JoeyLeone25. We were the first that went the full 5 rounds – I don’t think any other fight went the distance. It was bloody and brutal, but most entertaining…and fun!!!

Those were most definitely good times :)

Before teh pit, I remember pushing for and contributing to the Debates & Discussion part of the forum. It’s nice to see that it is still active (even in current times ;))

Was it better “back in the day”?

Hell yeah…..jog on newbie  :monocle:

LotusRIP
  • LotusRIP

King of Los Santos

• Members

Posted 10 December 2013 - 01:25 PM

I know what you're referring to, and that's great. But Tchuck up this page in this post put it very well.

What you're referring to and missing is the hype and fun during the pre-release period... which naturally dies off as soon as a game is released.

Hey Adriaan... it's been a while... how do you like GTA V?

OysterBarron
  • OysterBarron

You need a Pearl necklace? Hit me up ;)

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 December 2013 - 02:36 PM

Adrian got a copy early hence his retirement. He knew he would be to busy masterbating with his copy of the game to be able to moderate the v section any longer!

The staff say it was because they had other members promoted to higher positions but that was just a cover story for the truth!

LotusRIP
  • LotusRIP

King of Los Santos

• Members

Posted 11 December 2013 - 03:10 AM Edited by LotusRIP, 11 December 2013 - 03:11 AM.

Adrian got a copy early hence his retirement. He knew he would be to busy masterbating with his copy of the game to be able to moderate the v section any longer!

The staff say it was because they had other members promoted to higher positions but that was just a cover story for the truth!
I must be the only person around here who doesn't give a sh*t why he gave up being a mod. Chances are he probably just has a life. Early copy of the game or not, I'm still curious to read his thoughts on the game.
  • Adriaan likes this

Adriaan
  • Adriaan

Uncut

• Members
  • None
  • Most Helpful [GTA Series] 2012
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA Series] 2012
    Most Respected 2012
    Most Helpful 2012
    Best Returning Member 2012
    Best Contributor [GTA Series] 2012