» «
Photo

How was this site back in the day =]

145 replies to this topic
TrialzGTAS
  • TrialzGTAS

Hopes for turnout gear in V!

• Members

Posted 07 June 2012 - 02:33 AM Edited by TrialzGTAS, 07 June 2012 - 02:39 AM.

When I was 10 or so (yeah, I was a young buck about 7-8 years ago) I started to linger around this site and GTAstunting. I joined at that age but just to look at videos.
Question to the older members. I know how its like to be the older member of a wesbite (Friendcodes.com) and I just want to know how it was back then. your homies, the hype of waiting (which we are currently doing with GTA V), and general talking. How was the atmosphere?

I really appreciate it =] I only made an account here to submit mods back in 09 but I am glad to be here with you guys, rather knowledgeable about Rockstar.

Thanks =]

Xcommunicated
  • Xcommunicated

A Stitch in Time C9

• United-States

Posted 07 June 2012 - 04:48 AM

QUOTE (TrialzGTAS @ Wednesday, Jun 6 2012, 21:33)
How was the atmosphere?

I survived Cerbwang '03 and Catspiders '04. Nuff said.

Digital Murders
  • Digital Murders

&?

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 07 June 2012 - 04:54 AM

The gangs were a lot more fun, competitive (for what ever reason...I forget why) and active. A lot of the people I knew aren't very active anymore, if at all. We all grew up and grew out of the hype of a new GTA release. It's just another game, or at least that's how I sees it.

Viperman
  • Viperman

Logically Horizontal

• Feroci

Posted 07 June 2012 - 05:05 AM

Waiting was easy. The modding scene, particularly the vehicle section for me, was active. It had a great community atmosphere.

Outcast
  • Outcast

Scorps4Lyfe

• The Connection
  • Taiwan

Posted 07 June 2012 - 05:54 AM

The main aspect for me back in the day was the gang scene. Much more gang activity on the forums as opposed to off it as we didn't have multiplayer back then. I liked it like that tbh, now only the official gangs have that sorta atmosphere to it from what I see.

Runey
  • Runey

Boss

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 07 June 2012 - 06:01 AM Edited by Runey, 07 June 2012 - 06:08 AM.

Not to mention, we had the PGC back then.

And no, I'm not asking for it back.

As far as gangs back in the day (for me 2005-06), I could go back and handle things differently, I damn sure would, but all that's in the past, and I like where I've ended up.

Jay
  • Jay

1984 - 2011

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 07 June 2012 - 07:12 AM

QUOTE (Runey @ Thursday, Jun 7 2012, 15:31)
Not to mention, we had the PGC back then.

Oh that was the sh*t.

It's basically what the current Multiplayer Gangs section is, only with less purpose and infinitely more cool cool.gif

Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 June 2012 - 07:15 AM

I am by no means an old-school member but i preferred this place a whole lot more before the influx of people that came when the GTA V trailer was released.
  • StormerBoy likes this

Runey
  • Runey

Boss

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 07 June 2012 - 07:31 AM Edited by Runey, 07 June 2012 - 07:38 AM.

QUOTE (finn4life @ Thursday, Jun 7 2012, 02:15)
I am by no means an old-school member but i preferred this place a whole lot more before the influx of people that came when the GTA V trailer was released.

I've noticed this seems to happen with every GTA release. I remember when the people that registered for San Andreas hated the IV newbies.

I can't believe I've been going to this site since 2005.

Tchuck
  • Tchuck

Grey Gaming

• Feroci
  • Japan

Posted 07 June 2012 - 07:56 AM

The Pit.
Catspiders.
Cerbwang.
Demarest.
PGC.
Feroci.
So many memories.

Moth
  • Moth

Fiat justitia ruat caelum

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Canada

Posted 07 June 2012 - 07:58 AM

QUOTE (Runey @ Thursday, Jun 7 2012, 02:31)
I can't believe I've been going to this site since 2005.

Yeah, 6 years on this f*cking site.

I joined before there was any info regarding GTA IV. I don't remember there being that much crap in the GTA IV section, until the time the first trailer came out.

Though looking at my posts from that time, it seems I was retarded. turn.gif

Waddy
  • Waddy

Gods foster son.

• None

Posted 07 June 2012 - 07:59 AM

QUOTE (finn4life @ Thursday, Jun 7 2012, 08:15)

SA was the worst one I remember, a nightmare. I am dreading the release of V in forum terms, this will deffo be the worst one, you can feel it rumbling in the V forums right now, ready to explode.

But hey, I signed up for VC info, have to start somewhere.

Viperman
  • Viperman

Logically Horizontal

• Feroci

Posted 07 June 2012 - 08:16 AM

QUOTE (Tchuck @ Thursday, Jun 7 2012, 07:56)
The Pit.
Catspiders.
Cerbwang.
Demarest.
PGC.
Feroci.
So many memories.

The pit haha. Forgot about that!

When it was gta3forums.com turn.gif

Icarus
  • Icarus

[C9] Orthonormal

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 07 June 2012 - 08:17 AM

QUOTE (Tchuck @ Thursday, Jun 7 2012, 01:56)
The Pit.
Catspiders.
Cerbwang.
Demarest.
PGC.
Feroci. The Scorpions
So many memories.

Agreed.

I remember when EmSixTeen tricked me into seeing Cerbwang™ (don't forget back in the day, everything had ™ after it, including The Pit™). That son of a bitch.

Like DM said, a lot of the old members that used to be here have come and gone or they've been banned (there's actually quite a few who went that route).

It's hard to believe I'll have been here 10 years come September 1. Wow. whatsthat.gif

guyzwitgunz
  • guyzwitgunz

Anti-nerd

• Members

Posted 07 June 2012 - 08:17 AM

QUOTE (finn4life @ Thursday, Jun 7 2012, 19:15)

We aren't all bad. The annoying people are the ones who have zero patience to wait for official info and will post about ANYTHING they can remotely associate with the game.

AceRay
  • AceRay

In my restless dreams, I see that town...

• Members

Posted 07 June 2012 - 08:48 AM

QUOTE (guyzwitgunz @ Thursday, Jun 7 2012, 21:17)

We aren't all bad. The annoying people are the ones who have zero patience to wait for official info and will post about ANYTHING they can remotely associate with the game.

Some things never change, I guess.

Hell No..
  • Hell No..

Dad.

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 07 June 2012 - 09:37 AM

My community started here. Was an awesome feeling. So much GTA talk. The gang scene was where I made friends. I loved the whole recruitment stuff, having to prove yourself before getting accepted and then to get promoted etc.

sad.gif

Linc.
  • Linc.

16 5 5™

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 07 June 2012 - 10:07 AM

QUOTE (Tchuck @ Thursday, Jun 7 2012, 17:56)
The Pit.
Catspiders.
Cerbwang.
Demarest.
PGC.
Feroci.
So many memories.

Okay can someone run me through what these things are? And also how the Zaibatsu, Leone and others thing worked?

Jay
  • Jay

1984 - 2011

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 07 June 2012 - 10:13 AM

QUOTE (lzw3 @ Thursday, Jun 7 2012, 19:37)
QUOTE (Tchuck @ Thursday, Jun 7 2012, 17:56)
The Pit.
Catspiders.
Cerbwang.
Demarest.
PGC.
Feroci.
So many memories.

Okay can someone run me through what these things are? And also how the Zaibatsu, Leone and others thing worked?

The Pit™ was an open forum for users to flame each other. Ostensibly to keep it out of the rest of the forum.

catspider.gif

Cerbera was a staff member here, posted his tackle.

Demarest was a staff member here, there's contention over what he was like because to some he was a great contributor, others a power tripper, others an eternal source of purple walls of text. He was arrested and it was filmed for openly carrying guns in whatever state he was in. Heavily implied that he was a kiddy fiddler as he was on probation for a period of time when he was staff. Posted a f*ck ton. Stripped of his mod powers and banned for being a sh*t c*nt.

PGC = Public Gang Chat.

Feroci = Unofficial, then an Official gang.

The current groups are relics from III-era games. There was suspicion that there would be III-era multiplayer and the gangs were created in anticipation, much like the Multiplayer gangs are today. Years passed and they're social groups now and we dwell in our private forums circlejerking about how things used to be.

That's not to say they're closed off. afaik, all of them are actively recruiting.

Lochie
  • Lochie

darkness washed over the dude

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 07 June 2012 - 10:37 AM

I was an '05er and feel like I missed out on so much sad.gif . MP scene used to be really tight though, haven't checked in there lately (besides Loonies failvival lawl).

Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 June 2012 - 10:39 AM

QUOTE (guyzwitgunz @ Thursday, Jun 7 2012, 19:17)

QUOTE (Waddy)

Yeah i understand that, and i understand that a lot of good members come out of it, understanding it doesn't make me like it a whole lot more though.

Piperka
  • Piperka

Big Homie

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Australia

Posted 07 June 2012 - 10:42 AM

QUOTE (Waddy @ Thursday, Jun 7 2012, 15:59)
QUOTE (finn4life @ Thursday, Jun 7 2012, 08:15)

SA was the worst one I remember, a nightmare. I am dreading the release of V in forum terms, this will deffo be the worst one, you can feel it rumbling in the V forums right now, ready to explode.

So SA was worse than IV? I remember that being pretty bad, but yeah V will probably be the worst.

Themanwiththeplan
  • Themanwiththeplan

I'm so not a raper!

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 07 June 2012 - 11:04 AM

Ahh memories flooding back to me. The Pit always gave me a good laugh and the gang scene was far better back then in my opinion. Can't believe its been almost 9 years since I joined.

Pavlov
  • Pavlov

For your eyes only

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 07 June 2012 - 11:44 AM

Amazingly enough, when a thread bringing back the old memories pops out in Gen Chat, a lot of forum veterans post in. Been here for over 9 years.

Linc.
  • Linc.

16 5 5™

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 07 June 2012 - 12:03 PM

QUOTE (Jay @ Thursday, Jun 7 2012, 20:13)

What do you mean by this? As for the rest of the info, thanks. smile.gif

Andyzoot
  • Andyzoot

Player Hater

• Hustle Bones
  • None

Posted 07 June 2012 - 12:07 PM

QUOTE (lzw3 @ Thursday, Jun 7 2012, 13:03)
QUOTE (Jay @ Thursday, Jun 7 2012, 20:13)

What do you mean by this? As for the rest of the info, thanks. smile.gif

Cerbera has a large collection of fishing tackle which he showcased to the forums. A lot of people who have great affection for fish (including Waddy) called him out on this and his participation in what they called a 'bloodsport'. It created quite the furore back in the day.
  • Finn 7 five 11 likes this

Finite
  • Finite

Solitude

• BUSTED!
  • None
  • Discussion Award [Gaming]
    Literary Prowess [General Chat]

Posted 07 June 2012 - 12:36 PM

QUOTE (Jay @ Thursday, Jun 7 2012, 10:13)

The Pit™ was an open forum for users to flame each other. Ostensibly to keep it out of the rest of the forum.

Why this removed and why hasn't it been brought back yet ? ! !

coin-god
  • coin-god

High Roller

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 07 June 2012 - 12:39 PM

QUOTE (Lightning Strike @ Thursday, Jun 7 2012, 09:36)
QUOTE (Jay @ Thursday, Jun 7 2012, 10:13)

Why this removed and why hasn't it been brought back yet ? ! !

For obvious reasons. It was brought back once, didn't end well.

friendly luggage
  • friendly luggage

Vette pass by, errbody looking

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 June 2012 - 12:53 PM

QUOTE (Xcommunicated @ Thursday, Jun 7 2012, 04:48)
I survived Cerbwang '03 and Catspiders '04. Nuff said.

What were those two things?

3niX
  • 3niX

Lazy idiot

• Members

Posted 07 June 2012 - 01:40 PM Edited by 3niX, 07 June 2012 - 01:43 PM.

Well...

The Pit™

What a bloody mess that was (I remember reading archived topics from it)... and its revival wasnt pretty neither.
Cerbwang

Didnt have the "fortune" of seeing it in full glory (I have seen the edited version though). He was an awesome modder. I wonder whats he upto now?

Demarest

A real power-hungry c*nt. Just thinking about that purple wall of text still makes my eyes hurt. Not to mention all the drama and several bans/unbans.

PGC

I was never involved in it... but Ive read some hilarious quotes and quote trains from it.

Feroci

Top class guys... all of em.

I joined mainly because of the modding section but lurked around a lot longer before that.

Like its been said, you dont see many older members frequent around here anymore (like raindancer, uni, auh, cerb)... not to mention the sadly departed Odie and Kutt.

Also, where the hell did the baby eating Danish go?
tounge.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users