[WIP|IV-EFLC] GTA III Rage Classic

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1,075 replies to this topic
Garju67
  • Garju67

Soldier

• Members

Posted 09 August 2012 - 12:47 AM

QUOTE (PrometheusX @ Thursday, Aug 9 2012, 02:46)
QUOTE (Garju67 @ Thursday, Aug 9 2012, 00:42)
QUOTE (PrometheusX @ Thursday, Aug 9 2012, 02:39)
QUOTE (Garju67 @ Thursday, Aug 9 2012, 00:15)
QUOTE (Frank.s @ Thursday, Aug 9 2012, 02:12)
Months and months have gone by and you still don't know what constructive criticism is Garju. That attitude is one of the many reasons i quit.
Let me guess, you'll respond with a remark like "that's just your opinion and it doesn't make a difference to me". Without even undertanding the true reason for such comments.

Really ? Come on man, you wanted to add LCS contents. Wow, very nice idea. I remind you that the mod isn't GTA LCS Classic, it's GTA III (III, yes 3, three) Classic.
Seriously, i'm boring of see all these people complaining. In this topic, only few people (about 5) say good thing about the mod. Others always say "bad scale", "bad map", "bad textures", "why missing texture", "useless mod". WOW, OK VERY ENCOURAGING. You guys always say sh*t about the mod. I'm very disappointed to see that...
THANK'S GTAF COMMUNITY FOR ALL sh*t YOU SAY ABOUT THE MOD. THIS MAKE ME HAPPY AND MOTIVATED.

First of all, generally this is a quite good mod. I can see that you put some effort into this. The problem is that, it just doesn't feel like it fits there with the RAGE engine. That's my opinion, I'm not sure if other people here feel the same way.

Also you should've fully expected this, when releasing a demo. Thus you should've fixed up most of the bugs and glitches and whatnot, before considering releasing it, and perhaps you should've put a notice saying that this is a demo version, with bugs/certain things still at beta stage, etc smile.gif

Since demo was announced, we focused a lot on Portland. Only few bugs are remaining but some people complain for radio station stream with a beta demo. So that the result.

Which is why I advised to put a WARNING page before/after the intro, including that the final version would be of higher quality, less bugs and such, and this is just a demo for a glimpse, contains bugs and unfinished modifications and so on.

Indeed. I should have do this. Too late now but i think most people on this topic know that beta is a unfinished build of the mod.

Squirlkiller
  • Squirlkiller

Ur Girlfriend's Taco

• Members

Posted 09 August 2012 - 12:48 AM

QUOTE (Garju67 @ Wednesday, Aug 8 2012, 16:29)
They want to fix faults ? Ok. Go to wikipedia, type "Beta". Please read because you really start to annoy me.
@ManDog : Sorry. Fixed now. Look first post. wink.gif

"Beta is the second letter of the Greek alphabet."

hmm... very interesting

Deadly Target
  • Deadly Target

Rat

• Members

Posted 09 August 2012 - 12:50 AM

the demo is pretty awesome but i think u need to relax a bit garju

Garju67
  • Garju67

Soldier

• Members

Posted 09 August 2012 - 12:51 AM

QUOTE (Squirlkiller @ Thursday, Aug 9 2012, 02:48)
They want to fix faults ? Ok. Go to wikipedia, type "Beta". Please read because you really start to annoy me.

hmm... very interesting

Not funny man...

"Beta (named after the second letter of the Greek alphabet) is the software development phase following alpha. It generally begins when the software is feature complete. Software in the beta phase will generally have many more bugs in it than completed software, as well as speed/performance issues. The focus of beta testing is reducing impacts to users, often incorporating usability testing. The process of delivering a beta version to the users is called beta release and this is typically the first time that the software is available outside of the organization that developed it.

The users of a beta version are called beta testers. They are usually customers or prospective customers of the organization that develops the software, willing to test the software without charge, often receiving the final software free of charge or for a reduced price. Beta version software is often useful for demonstrations and previews within an organization and to prospective customers. Some developers refer to this stage as a preview, prototype, technical preview (TP), or early access. Some software is kept in perpetual beta—where new features and functionality are continually added to the software without establishing a firm "final" release.
"

@Deadly Target : I know but i'm very mad seeing all these sh*t about the mod. We developing this mod on OUR free time. And some people still complaining. That what get me mad.

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 August 2012 - 01:00 AM

@Garju67: Because I was originaly going to port this to EFLC, I still have the old map files for Staunton, and Shore Side Vale. Am I able to add those in to the demo, or is the cords wrong?

IANVITOR100
  • IANVITOR100

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 August 2012 - 01:02 AM

Good work man,i see some videos of the demo and it is very very nice,but the BETA will be released next month?

Garju67
  • Garju67

Soldier

• Members

Posted 09 August 2012 - 01:03 AM

QUOTE (nkjellman @ Thursday, Aug 9 2012, 03:00)
@Garju67: Because I was originaly going to port this to EFLC, I still have the old map files for Staunton, and Shore Side Vale. Am I able to add those in to the demo, or is the cords wrong?

Why you want to add it ? Not for release i hope....
Anyway, if you going to port the mod on EFLC, give me your email on PM. I will invite you to III RC DB.

@IANVITOR100 : Thank you. smile.gif For release, we really don't know, i'm sorry. And no, it will be not next month, ofc not ^^.

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• BUSTED!
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 09 August 2012 - 01:10 AM

QUOTE (Garju67 @ Thursday, Aug 9 2012, 00:51)
@Deadly Target : I know but i'm very mad seeing all these sh*t about the mod. We developing this mod on OUR free time. And some people still complaining. That what get me mad.

And trust me, I know the feeling dude, but I think I've been vocal enough in the past when it comes to Audio Streams, Radio is a pretty big thing in GTA, so keeping the quality the best it can be is a top priority, look at it this way, this is nowhere near as bad as VC RAGE where they doubled the Radio Size for no damn reason when the original PC MP3 versions worked fine with the plug in and saved hundreds of MB's off the download size! Now that was a disaster.

I'm a quality nut when it comes to Audio, look at IV: SA, I did those ages ago and I hate them now but that's a bit more tricky due to SA's Radio Engine being all cut up and all over the place, so creating a single stream to use actually required putting it all together, etc, I made the mistake of converting it as VBR (didn't know the plug in had problems with it at the time) and then ditching all the files (a mistake I learned from!). For me to be honest, GTA III and VC should be no trouble at all for mods like this, GTA III audio is available in MP3 AND WAV for the majority and even WMA encodes for the Radio, whilst VC is available in MP3/WAV for pretty much all the audio, so plug ins wise, etc, there should be NO problems in using the originals files or later files from Rockstar, in these games, Converting really should not be necessary.

Because if you start cutting around, converting and rushing them around for fear of file size, etc, you will end up looking back and thinking, why the hell did I do that when i could have do it soo mich easier and stay true to the source.

Garju67
  • Garju67

Soldier

• Members

Posted 09 August 2012 - 01:11 AM

QUOTE (Ash_735 @ Thursday, Aug 9 2012, 03:10)
QUOTE (Garju67 @ Thursday, Aug 9 2012, 00:51)

And trust me, I know the feeling dude, but I think I've been vocal enough in the past when it comes to Audio Streams, Radio is a pretty big thing in GTA, so keeping the quality the best it can be is a top priority, look at it this way, this is nowhere near as bad as VC RAGE where they doubled the Radio Size for no damn reason when the original PC MP3 versions worked fine with the plug in and saved hundreds of MB's off the download size! Now that was a disaster.

I'm a quality nut when it comes to Audio, look at IV: SA, I did those ages ago and I hate them now but that's a bit more tricky due to SA's Radio Engine being all cut up and all over the place, so creating a single stream to use actually required putting it all together, etc, I made the mistake of converting it as VBR (didn't know the plug in had problems with it at the time) and then ditching all the files (a mistake I learned from!). For me to be honest, GTA III and VC should be no trouble at all for mods like this, GTA III audio is available in MP3 AND WAV for the majority and even WMA encodes for the Radio, whilst VC is available in MP3/WAV for pretty much all the audio, so plug ins wise, etc, there should be NO problems in using the originals files or later files from Rockstar, in these games, Converting really should not be necessary.

Because if you start cutting around, converting and rushing them around for fear of file size, etc, you will end up looking back and thinking, why the hell did I do that when i could have do it soo mich easier and stay true to the source.

I know. Thank's for reporting but please remember that this demo is a unfinshed build of the final product. You really need to remind that.

Squirlkiller
  • Squirlkiller

Ur Girlfriend's Taco

• Members

Posted 09 August 2012 - 01:40 AM

QUOTE (Garju67 @ Wednesday, Aug 8 2012, 16:51)
QUOTE (Squirlkiller @ Thursday, Aug 9 2012, 02:48)

hmm... very interesting

Not funny man...

i thought it was
user posted image

User Warned: Troll Image

MihailCoolGuy
  • MihailCoolGuy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 August 2012 - 06:18 AM

QUOTE (Garju67 @ Wednesday, Aug 8 2012, 18:00)
user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

- Install GTA IV: San Andreas Beta 3 Mod. You can download it here : http://www.gtaivsa.com/download/
- Launch IVSALauncher.exe
- Go to "ADD-ONS" section on the top.
- Scroll down until you found "Looking for more add-ons? Download some here!".
- Click on "here" and search for GTA III Rage Classic DEMO.
- When you found it, click on "INSTALL". Also, don't forget to read the description.
- Now launch IV:SA by clicking on "PLAY" (at the right) and at the game main menu, select TLaD.

REMINDER !!! : GTA III Rage Classic DEMO IS COMPATIBLE ONLY ON EFLC 1.1.2.0. DON'T INSTALL IT ON GTA IV !!!

ALSO PLEASE, DON'T REPORT ANY BUGS YOU FOUND. WE KNOW YOU WANT TO HELP US IMPROVING THE MOD BUT MOST OF THE BUGS YOU WILL REPORT HAVE ALREADY BEEN FOUND AND WILL BE FIXED IN BETA 1.
REPORTING BUGS WILL JUST FLOOD THE THREAD.

Enjoy ! We hope you will enjoy this demo ! biggrin.gif

Do it working on GTA IV:SA Beta 2? And PLEASE say, how to change the menu's sounds.

zipo244
  • zipo244

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 August 2012 - 07:25 AM

when will gta iv be supported for this mod

Sebianoti
  • Sebianoti

Graphic designer

• Members

Posted 09 August 2012 - 08:46 AM

Why do people think it's appropriate to quote the whole 1st post and fill the page with it?
there's a reply button you know,

As for feedback since you are porting vehicles please don't **** up the handling, i can't stand IV SA handling it's like no other game i ever played (in other words it's sh*t)
and for the car you included it's impossible to drive, just sayin'

Mateos
  • Mateos

Street Cat

• Members
  • France

Posted 09 August 2012 - 09:08 AM

It's not because it's less arcade that it's a sh*t way to drive a car...

AnimalBear
  • AnimalBear

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 August 2012 - 12:16 PM

QUOTE (Mateos @ Thursday, Aug 9 2012, 09:08)

Still not tested but, i need to cry and i hope this GTA will be stuck together with GTA San Andreas, and why?
In the menu we have 2 options.
So from the left GTA SA on the right GTA 3 Rage.
What do you think?

Please..... DO IT! colgate.gif

Sebianoti
  • Sebianoti

Graphic designer

• Members

Posted 09 August 2012 - 12:20 PM

QUOTE (AnimalBear @ Thursday, Aug 9 2012, 12:16)

Still not tested but, i need to cry and i hope this GTA will be stuck together with GTA San Andreas, and why?
What do you think?

Yeah it's a nice idea but if that means keeping IV SA handling then hell no

AnimalBear
  • AnimalBear

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 August 2012 - 12:29 PM Edited by AnimalBear, 09 August 2012 - 12:48 PM.

QUOTE (Sebianoti @ Thursday, Aug 9 2012, 12:20)

What do you think?

Like this? I made this wallpaper. tounge.gif

user posted image

Donīt think is a bad idea.
GTA IV in GTA SA HD.
GTA Ballad of Gay Tony in GTA 3 RAGE
GTA Lost and Damned in GTA VICE City Rage.

The Handling must be fixed or using yours on GTA SA HD.
I Need the opinion of Garju67 what do you think?
Will be complicated to put Vice City Rage, but who cares? I hope that dream will come true. No offense. colgate.gif
I imagine the jelouse of RockStarGames now.

What a game!

Sebianoti
  • Sebianoti

Graphic designer

• Members

Posted 09 August 2012 - 12:54 PM

QUOTE (AnimalBear @ Thursday, Aug 9 2012, 12:29)

What do you think?

user posted image

GTA IV in GTA SA HD.

Will be complicated to put Vice City Rage, but who cares? I hope that dream will come true. No offense. colgate.gif

What a game!

Loading image is already done and included in the demo

user posted image

AnimalBear
  • AnimalBear

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 August 2012 - 12:58 PM Edited by AnimalBear, 09 August 2012 - 01:04 PM.

And for Vice City Rage?
I will use this mods when is finished, because is more way to do.

One question:
Do you know anything about GTA Episodes From Liberty City and Vice City Stories for PC?
What a shame i really love to play that 2 games, even i had here the original version of PS2 and PSP version. (Only Liberty City is not original for psp) colgate.gif

But i like to see this mods in a DVD box without using the original GTA IV and others, only install and play. Possible?

_CP_
  • _CP_

Group: Vice City Stories team

• Feroci
  • Poland
  • Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 09 August 2012 - 01:22 PM

QUOTE (AnimalBear @ Thursday, Aug 9 2012, 14:58)
One question:
Do you know anything about GTA Episodes From Liberty City and Vice City Stories for PC?

ViceCityStories PC Edition

Jestic
  • Jestic

Chris

• Feroci
  • Netherlands

Posted 09 August 2012 - 01:38 PM

Garju, I suggest you make up your mind, kicking Flitskikker and me, is that really the smartest thing to do? And what did we do this time, I just turned on my pc.

AnimalBear
  • AnimalBear

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 August 2012 - 02:39 PM Edited by AnimalBear, 09 August 2012 - 02:42 PM.

QUOTE (City_Poke912 @ Thursday, Aug 9 2012, 13:22)
QUOTE (AnimalBear @ Thursday, Aug 9 2012, 14:58)
One question:
Do you know anything about GTA Episodes From Liberty  City and Vice City Stories for PC?

ViceCityStories PC Edition

Still beta as the other one. confused.gif

Anyways i will wait for more performance.

Sebianoti
  • Sebianoti

Graphic designer

• Members

Posted 09 August 2012 - 03:12 PM

QUOTE (Blaster_nl @ Thursday, Aug 9 2012, 13:38)
Garju, I suggest you make up your mind, kicking Flitskikker and me, is that really the smartest thing to do? And what did we do this time, I just turned on my pc.

-_-
next week: CANCELED!

Garju67
  • Garju67

Soldier

• Members

Posted 09 August 2012 - 03:14 PM Edited by Garju67, 09 August 2012 - 03:16 PM.

Ok. I didn't wanted to comment about that but...
I don't want we have a discussion as seen in IVSA, III Rage and 2Rage topic so let's be clear. Next who comment about Blaster's post get reported. Everyone, including you Sebianoti.

Squirlkiller
  • Squirlkiller

Ur Girlfriend's Taco

• Members

Posted 09 August 2012 - 03:33 PM

QUOTE (Sebianoti @ Thursday, Aug 9 2012, 07:12)

-_-

nope, tomorrow tounge.gif

Garju67
  • Garju67

Soldier

• Members

Posted 09 August 2012 - 03:34 PM

QUOTE (Squirlkiller @ Thursday, Aug 9 2012, 17:33)
QUOTE (Sebianoti @ Thursday, Aug 9 2012, 07:12)

-_-

nope, tomorrow tounge.gif

Reported.

Mega
  • Mega

''This is Head Radio, A Love Media Station.''

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 09 August 2012 - 04:00 PM

QUOTE (AnimalBear @ Thursday, Aug 9 2012, 09:29)

What do you think?

SCREENMENU

GTA IV in GTA SA HD.

What a game!

No man, Vice City is TBOGT because of the beautiful weather/atmosphere and III for TLAD for dark weather/atmosphere tounge.gif

Wass
  • Wass

Playa

• Members

Posted 09 August 2012 - 04:05 PM

QUOTE (MegaMario1500 @ Thursday, Aug 9 2012, 17:00)
QUOTE (AnimalBear @ Thursday, Aug 9 2012, 09:29)

What do you think?

SCREENMENU

GTA IV in GTA SA HD.

What a game!

No man, Vice City is TBOGT because of the beautiful weather/atmosphere and III for TLAD for dark weather/atmosphere tounge.gif

It's a good idea but this requires GTA IV up to 1.0.6.0+both DLCs,and I think most of people have IV and EFLC tounge.gif

Mega
  • Mega

''This is Head Radio, A Love Media Station.''

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 09 August 2012 - 04:07 PM

Well, the mods should be released separated to IV, and together for EFLC smile.gif I think it's a nice idea

Jestic
  • Jestic

Chris

• Feroci
  • Netherlands

Posted 09 August 2012 - 04:13 PM

QUOTE (AnimalBear @ Thursday, Aug 9 2012, 14:29)

What do you think?

user posted image

GTA IV in GTA SA HD.

What a game!

- VCR is using TBoGT only files. Unlike IVSA for example which loads IV files on TBoGT. In others words, you can easily add something to the TLAD slot.
- Why 3Rage in TBoGT slot and VC in TLAD? Swap it.
- R* is never jealous
- You used gta3rage logo from other mod.

I don't like the idea of combining everything, just seems pointless to me.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users