• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1,075 replies to this topic
countergame
  • countergame

Home Sweet Home

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 August 2012 - 11:25 PM

@DoMbA1: Uhm.. You should'n put Videos into your Signature.. But cool Gameplay Videos :-)

Sebianoti
  • Sebianoti

Graphic designer

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 August 2012 - 11:29 PM

QUOTE (countergame @ Wednesday, Aug 8 2012, 23:25)
@DoMbA1: Uhm.. You should'n put Videos into your Signature.. But cool Gameplay Videos :-)

that's what "report to moderator" link is for on profiles
  • hamzadaryassi likes this

DoMbA1
  • DoMbA1

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 August 2012 - 11:30 PM

QUOTE (countergame @ Wednesday, Aug 8 2012, 23:25)

thx

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Mods]
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 09 August 2012 - 12:00 AM Edited by Ash_735, 09 August 2012 - 12:04 AM.

Seriously, what the hell guys did you do to the radio in the Demo? 8okbps MP3's, FORCED to 44.1Khz, I don't get it, I seriously don't f*cking get it, if you wanted MP3's in a small size, WHY NOT USE THE 10TH ANNIVERSARY ONES? They're 96kbps MP3 in the correct frequency. Hell, the Xbox versions are 128kbps 44.1Khz WMA's which I think work with the plug in, you honestly did not have to waste time degrading the quality of the radio streams when there's already versions available. Small sh*t like this pisses me off, it's just creating extra work in areas that don't need it!

edit: And I'm not even in the credits! Great, thanks guys.

pietro60
  • pietro60

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 August 2012 - 12:06 AM

Hi to all,

excuseme, where is the download of this fantastic patch?

Thanks in advance.

Garju67
  • Garju67

Soldier

• Members

Posted 09 August 2012 - 12:08 AM

QUOTE (Ash_735 @ Thursday, Aug 9 2012, 02:00)
Seriously, what the hell guys did you do to the radio in the Demo? 8okbps MP3's, FORCED to 44.1Khz, I don't get it, I seriously don't f*cking get it, if you wanted MP3's in a small size, WHY NOT USE THE 10TH ANNIVERSARY ONES? They're 96kbps MP3 in the correct frequency. Hell, the Xbox versions are 128kbps 44.1Khz WMA's which I think work with the plug in, you honestly did not have to waste time degrading the quality of the radio streams when there's already versions available. Small sh*t like this pisses me off, it's just creating extra work in areas that don't need it!

Could you relax ? I really don't know what you talking about. Everything is ok with radio, you complain about radio size. Wow, okay. Not happy, don't play simple as that. For credits, just tell me, what did u do for the mod ?
@pietro60 : This is a demo of GTA III Rage Classic, not patch. Instrutions to donwload it here : http://www.gtaforums...c=512296&st=729 wink.gif

Frank.s
  • Frank.s

R.I.P.ingPang

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 09 August 2012 - 12:12 AM Edited by Frank.s, 09 August 2012 - 12:16 AM.

Months and months have gone by and you still don't know what constructive criticism is Garju, c'mon... That attitude is one of the many reasons i quit.
Let me guess, you'll respond with a remark like "that's just your opinion and it doesn't make a difference to me". Without even undertanding the true reason for such comments.
Those comments are because people care, they are because people are trying to help make the mod the best it can be. People just get frustrated and then people (like you) reply to the anger instead of replying to the underlying issue: the fact that it's constructive criticism.

Garju67
  • Garju67

Soldier

• Members

Posted 09 August 2012 - 12:15 AM Edited by Garju67, 09 August 2012 - 12:22 AM.

QUOTE (Frank.s @ Thursday, Aug 9 2012, 02:12)
Months and months have gone by and you still don't know what constructive criticism is Garju. That attitude is one of the many reasons i quit.
Let me guess, you'll respond with a remark like "that's just your opinion and it doesn't make a difference to me". Without even undertanding the true reason for such comments.

Really ? Come on man, you wanted to add LCS contents. Wow, very nice idea. I remind you that the mod isn't GTA LCS Classic, it's GTA III (III, yes 3, three) Classic.
Seriously, i'm boring of see all these people complaining. In this topic, only few people (about 5) say good thing about the mod. Others always say "bad scale", "bad map", "bad textures", "why missing texture", "useless mod". WOW, OK VERY ENCOURAGING. You guys always say sh*t about the mod. I'm very disappointed to see that...
THANK'S GTAF COMMUNITY FOR ALL sh*t YOU SAY ABOUT THE MOD. THIS MAKE ME HAPPY AND MOTIVATED.

Flitskikker
  • Flitskikker

The Forums Frog

• Feroci
  • Netherlands

Posted 09 August 2012 - 12:22 AM Edited by flitskikker, 09 August 2012 - 12:27 AM.

I'm truly sorry about the credits, I've added you now locally, so it will be there in a next update. Other team members neither noticed it in the final check, apparently.

The radio stations were done in an early stage of the demo, when we thought we were bound to a 100 MB file size limit. We've used an audio converter to convert the original WAVs to 80 kbps MP3s, the lowest setting for it to sound reasonable enough. All the other options were on "Keep original". The original WAVs appear to be 44100 kHz, too. We don't have a 1000$ audio system, so at the time, we thought 80 kbps MP3s sounded reasonable enough + small file size for the demo.
The full version will have the original HQ files, of course. You can always convert them, when the mod is in that stage of progress.

pietro60
  • pietro60

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 August 2012 - 12:24 AM

Excuseme Garju67 really is a great wonderful job, is other game graphic realistic and other.

Kalvin
  • Kalvin

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Champion Guinea Pig [GTAFMC]
    Most Annoying Member [All Time]
    Biggest Asskisser 2014
    Contribution Award [Mods]
    Best Total Overhaul 2014 [GTA SA Beta Edition]
    Biggest Asskisser 2013

Posted 09 August 2012 - 12:24 AM

Were my loading screens included in the mod? If so, was I included in the credits?

Flitskikker
  • Flitskikker

The Forums Frog

• Feroci
  • Netherlands

Posted 09 August 2012 - 12:26 AM

QUOTE (ManDog @ Thursday, Aug 9 2012, 02:24)
Were my loading screens included in the mod? If so, was I included in the credits?

Blaster did the loading screens for the demo.

Squirlkiller
  • Squirlkiller

Ur Girlfriend's Taco

• Members

Posted 09 August 2012 - 12:26 AM

QUOTE (Ash_735 @ Wednesday, Aug 8 2012, 16:00)

80kbps? god thats bad.

@Garuj: Hes talking about the fact that the radio stations are degraded in quality and that changing frequencies degrades the quality as well. Many people care about sound quality you know

In terms you can understand:
Teh Radioz soundz badder

Jestic
  • Jestic

Chris

• GTA Mods Staff
  • Netherlands
  • Helpfulness Award
    Best Conversion 2014 [ViIV for GTANY Contribution]
    Best Map 2011 [IVSA]
    Modding Milestone [IVSA/Ped Paths]
    Best Map 2013 [ViceCityStories PC Edition][Contribution]

Posted 09 August 2012 - 12:27 AM

Relax, the average human ear doesn't even hear the difference between CD and MP3. This is a demo, full version will have Xbox ones. We just needed small filesize, so we trimmed down the current ones.

Frank.s
  • Frank.s

R.I.P.ingPang

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 09 August 2012 - 12:27 AM

Really ? Come on man, you wanted to add LCS contents. Wow, very nice idea. I remind you that the mod isn't GTA LCS Classic, it's GTA III (III, yes 3, three) Classic.
That sounds like you're saying i wanted to make the mod into lcs and not classic III. No. you have misunderstood someone ONCE AGAIN. All i wanted was the lcs power tower because it was high poly and matched the original III low poly power tower. If you think that i wanted the map to mix with LCS, think again: i even stated directly that the lcs tunnel protest sign was bad and needed changing into III's original

You seem to be grasping at straws to find a baseless counterargument, lol, im drunk and can form a better and more positive argument than you. (dont wanna sound egotistic, just wanna tell ya that you have a lot of room for improvement)

QUOTE (Garju67 @ Thursday, Aug 9 2012, 00:15)
Seriously, i'm boring of see all these people complaining. In this topic, only few people (about 5) say good thing about the mod. Others always say "bad scale", "bad map", "bad textures", "why missing texture", "useless mod". WOW, OK VERY ENCOURAGING.
Yet again you misinterpret peoples true ideas: they are giving constructive critisism so that the faults can be fixed. You seem to be governed by knee-jerk reactions and by emotion instead of logic and sence. (Again, just wanna tell ya that you have room for improvement, not trying to disrespect you)

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 August 2012 - 12:28 AM

QUOTE (Garju67 @ Thursday, Aug 9 2012, 00:08)

Could you relax ? I really don't know what you talking about. Everything is ok with radio, you complain about radio size. Wow, okay. Not happy, don't play simple as that. For credits, just tell me, what did u do for the mod ?

I'm not complaining about Radio Size, the fact that you assume that means you don't know what you're doing when it comes to the radio streams, let me explain a little better:

III RAGE Classic
80kbps MP3's at 44.1Khz - 35.6MB for the three
SOURCED from PC Version (or PS2 Version) which are ADPCM (256kbps) WAV at 32Khz

III 10th Anniversary
96kbps MP3's at 32Khz - 43MB for the three
SOURCED from the PC Versions which was ADPCM (256kbps) WAV at 32Khz

Xbox Version
128kbps WMA at 44.1Khz - 58MB for the three
SOURCED from the Masters (making these the ONLY 44.1Khz Source)

PC Version
256kbps ADPCM at 32Khz - 116MB for the three
SOURCED from the Masters (making these the highest bitrate from the source)

Now following the logic, if you wanted the smallest size, you could have just used the 10th Anniversary versions which have at least been converted properly, or if you wanted the clearest sounding versions, use the Xbox versions which wouldn't impact the size THAT much. Doing your own, forcing a frequency change (Something you should never do with audio if you want to preserve correct quality) and even doing it with a very old build of an MP3 Encoder, it just seems like a waste of time and quality. You could have just used the 10th Anniversary ones if you were worried about space and those versions sound better quality wise than the ones provided in the demo.

Garju67
  • Garju67

Soldier

• Members

Posted 09 August 2012 - 12:29 AM

QUOTE (Frank.s @ Thursday, Aug 9 2012, 02:27)
That sounds like you're saying i wanted to make the mod into lcs and not classic III. No. you have misunderstood someone ONCE AGAIN. All i wanted was the lcs power tower because it was high poly and matched the original III power tower. If you think that i wanted the map to mix with LCS, think again: i ever stated directly that the lcs tunnel protest sign was bad and needed changing into III's original

You seem to be grasping at straws to find a baseless counterargument, lol, im drunk and can form a better and more positive argument than you. (dont wanna sound egotistic, just wanna tell ya that you have a lot of room for improvement)

Seriously, i'm boring of see all these people complaining. In this topic, only few people (about 5) say good thing about the mod. Others always say "bad scale", "bad map", "bad textures", "why missing texture", "useless mod". WOW, OK VERY ENCOURAGING.
Yet again you misinterpret peoples true ideas: they are giving constructive critisism so that the faults can be fixed. You seem to be governed by knee-jerk reactions and by emotion instead of logic and sence. (Again, just wanna tell ya that you have room for improvement, not trying to disrespect you)

They want to fix faults ? Ok. Go to wikipedia, type "Beta". Please read because you really start to annoy me.
@ManDog : Sorry. Fixed now. Look first post. wink.gif

Flitskikker
  • Flitskikker

The Forums Frog

• Feroci
  • Netherlands

Posted 09 August 2012 - 12:30 AM

QUOTE (Squirlkiller @ Thursday, Aug 9 2012, 02:26)
QUOTE (Ash_735 @ Wednesday, Aug 8 2012, 16:00)

80kbps? god thats bad.

@Garuj: Hes talking about the fact that the radio stations are degraded in quality and that changing frequencies degrades the quality as well. Many people care about sound quality you know

In terms you can understand:
Teh Radioz soundz badder

Here again the theory behind it (stupid new page):

QUOTE (flitskikker @ Thursday, Aug 9 2012, 02:22)

I'm truly sorry about the credits, I've added you now locally, so it will be there in a next update. Other team members neither noticed it in the final check, apparently.

The radio stations were done in an early stage of the demo, when we thought we were bound to a 100 MB file size limit. We've used an audio converter to convert the original WAVs to 80 kbps MP3s, the lowest setting for it to sound reasonable enough. All the other options were on "Keep original". The original WAVs appear to be 44100 kHz, too. We don't have a 1000$ audio system, so at the time, we thought 80 kbps MP3s sounded reasonable enough + small file size for the demo.
The full version will have the original HQ files, of course. You can always convert them, when the mod is in that stage of progress.

Kalvin
  • Kalvin

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Champion Guinea Pig [GTAFMC]
    Most Annoying Member [All Time]
    Biggest Asskisser 2014
    Best Total Overhaul 2014 [GTA SA Beta Edition]
    Biggest Asskisser 2013

Posted 09 August 2012 - 12:32 AM

QUOTE (flitskikker @ Thursday, Aug 9 2012, 00:26)

Well actually I did some loading screens for Blaster because he said thu were a bit hrs for him. By this I mean how the original artwork background was black in some areas and it was confusing him, I did 8-ball and Toni. There is a topic somewhere about it somewhere in GFX Requests & Tutorials.

Garju67
  • Garju67

Soldier

• Members

Posted 09 August 2012 - 12:34 AM

QUOTE (ManDog @ Thursday, Aug 9 2012, 02:32)

Well actually I did some loading screens for Blaster because he said thu were a bit hrs for him. By this I mean how the original artwork background was black in some areas and it was confusing him, I did 8-ball and Toni. There is a topic somewhere about it somewhere in GFX Requests & Tutorials.

We only use the GTA III atwork (the one with white background) in DEMO. Cut in Beta but i anyway type you in credits.
I will do same for you Ash, your icons won't be included in Beta but are in DEMO. So i will type you too.
  • bruno3019 likes this

Jestic
  • Jestic

Chris

• GTA Mods Staff
  • Netherlands
  • Helpfulness Award
    Best Conversion 2014 [ViIV for GTANY Contribution]
    Best Map 2011 [IVSA]
    Modding Milestone [IVSA/Ped Paths]
    Best Map 2013 [ViceCityStories PC Edition][Contribution]

Posted 09 August 2012 - 12:35 AM

I didn't use them in this verion, I was in a hurry, I just used the original GTA3 artwork as reference, No creativity was involved like the ones for IVSA. Btw, it's diablo, I got 8-ball from the R* artwork.

EDIT: You also did one that was on the original PC cover, THAT one is included, so you will be added.

Flitskikker
  • Flitskikker

The Forums Frog

• Feroci
  • Netherlands

Posted 09 August 2012 - 12:35 AM

Ah, okay. I didn't know that. I've added you to the ReadMe, too.

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 August 2012 - 12:37 AM

QUOTE (flitskikker @ Thursday, Aug 9 2012, 00:30)

Then that's even more questionable, the WAVE'S shouldn't be 44.1Khz as there is no PCM source for that (unless you work at Rockstar and have access to the Masters). The PC version DOESN'T come with 44.1Khz, trust me, I've cross referenced both retail and Steam versions, the only thing I can think of is that the WMA's were converted to WAVE and from there Converted again down to MP3, a double convert, which going from lossy to lossy shouldn't really be done. Just pointing out that really there was no reason to do any converts at all, with the 10th Anniversary edition available, surely they would have been small enough, all you've saved by attempting the converts yourself is 7MB.

Flitskikker
  • Flitskikker

The Forums Frog

• Feroci
  • Netherlands

Posted 09 August 2012 - 12:37 AM Edited by flitskikker, 09 August 2012 - 12:42 AM.

/Down below.

Prometheus
  • Prometheus

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 09 August 2012 - 12:39 AM

Months and months have gone by and you still don't know what constructive criticism is Garju. That attitude is one of the many reasons i quit.

Seriously, i'm boring of see all these people complaining. In this topic, only few people (about 5) say good thing about the mod. Others always say "bad scale", "bad map", "bad textures", "why missing texture", "useless mod". WOW, OK VERY ENCOURAGING. You guys always say sh*t about the mod. I'm very disappointed to see that...
THANK'S GTAF COMMUNITY FOR ALL sh*t YOU SAY ABOUT THE MOD. THIS MAKE ME HAPPY AND MOTIVATED.

First of all, generally this is a quite good mod. I can see that you put some effort into this. The problem is that, it just doesn't feel like it fits there with the RAGE engine. That's my opinion, I'm not sure if other people here feel the same way.

Also you should've fully expected this, when releasing a demo. Thus you should've fixed up most of the bugs and glitches and whatnot, before considering releasing it, and perhaps you should've put a notice saying that this is a demo version, with bugs/certain things still at beta stage, etc smile.gif

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 August 2012 - 12:40 AM

QUOTE (Garju67 @ Thursday, Aug 9 2012, 00:34)
I will do same for you Ash, your icons won't be included in Beta but are in DEMO. So i will type you too.

By all means, you CAN use them as long as I at least get a credit mention, I spent quite some time of them making them VERY accurate to their originals but in higher quality, something which no one has bothered to do.

Garju67
  • Garju67

Soldier

• Members

Posted 09 August 2012 - 12:42 AM

QUOTE (PrometheusX @ Thursday, Aug 9 2012, 02:39)

First of all, generally this is a quite good mod. I can see that you put some effort into this. The problem is that, it just doesn't feel like it fits there with the RAGE engine. That's my opinion, I'm not sure if other people here feel the same way.

Also you should've fully expected this, when releasing a demo. Thus you should've fixed up most of the bugs and glitches and whatnot, before considering releasing it, and perhaps you should've put a notice saying that this is a demo version, with bugs/certain things still at beta stage, etc smile.gif

Since demo was announced, we focused a lot on Portland. Only few bugs are remaining but some people complain for radio station stream with a beta demo. So that the result.

Flitskikker
  • Flitskikker

The Forums Frog

• Feroci
  • Netherlands

Posted 09 August 2012 - 12:42 AM

QUOTE (Ash_735 @ Thursday, Aug 9 2012, 02:37)
QUOTE (flitskikker @ Thursday, Aug 9 2012, 00:30)

Then that's even more questionable, the WAVE'S shouldn't be 44.1Khz as there is no PCM source for that (unless you work at Rockstar and have access to the Masters). The PC version DOESN'T come with 44.1Khz, trust me, I've cross referenced both retail and Steam versions, the only thing I can think of is that the WMA's were converted to WAVE and from there Converted again down to MP3, a double convert, which going from lossy to lossy shouldn't really be done. Just pointing out that really there was no reason to do any converts at all, with the 10th Anniversary edition available, surely they would have been small enough, all you've saved by attempting the converts yourself is 7MB.

I checked the first WAV I could find, which was Game Radio:
user posted image

But I checked the ones we used now, they're indeed 32 kHz.
I didn't have quick access to the Anniversary Edition at the time of converting.

Prometheus
  • Prometheus

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 09 August 2012 - 12:46 AM

QUOTE (Garju67 @ Thursday, Aug 9 2012, 00:42)
QUOTE (PrometheusX @ Thursday, Aug 9 2012, 02:39)

Since demo was announced, we focused a lot on Portland. Only few bugs are remaining but some people complain for radio station stream with a beta demo. So that the result.

Which is why I advised to put a WARNING page before/after the intro, including that the final version would be of higher quality, less bugs and such, and this is just a demo for a glimpse, contains bugs and unfinished modifications and so on.

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 August 2012 - 12:47 AM

That's why I have all versions archived on a backup drive in case I ever need to reference or use files from them. wink.gif

As for GAME Radio, yeah, that's an oddity, it displays a 44.1Khz and has the bitrate to match it, but it's still a 32Khz sample, expanded out, I guess Rockstar messed up on that one, but the quality is not affected as the extra frequency range is merely expanded around the original and is not the original forced into the new range. It's the only time that's happened.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users