[WIP|IV-EFLC] GTA III Rage Classic

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1,075 replies to this topic
Garju67
  • Garju67

Soldier

• Members

Posted 04 August 2012 - 05:27 PM

QUOTE (Frank.s @ Saturday, Aug 4 2012, 19:22)
Hmm, not sure if serious or sarcastic.

What? What i said? I'm serious man. wink.gif
Ash, thx for help but i currently download the Xbox version (converting only, not for play).

Wass
  • Wass

Playa

• Members

Posted 04 August 2012 - 05:30 PM

QUOTE (Garju67 @ Saturday, Aug 4 2012, 18:27)

Ash, thx for help but i currently download the Xbox version (converting only, not for play).

Which tools are you using to convert models from XboX? alien.gif

Frank.s
  • Frank.s

R.I.P.ingPang

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 04 August 2012 - 05:32 PM

QUOTE (Garju67 @ Saturday, Aug 4 2012, 17:27)

Aight, just that when someone replys so "flatly" (without emotion or elaboration on their sentence) it sounds like sarcasm, no matter now though. lol.gif

llllI1llllI1
  • llllI1llllI1

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 04 August 2012 - 05:33 PM

QUOTE (ItsAllAboutGTA @ Saturday, Aug 4 2012, 09:51)

Awesome screens,Garju what i hate is only the three,they look ugly turn.gif

I disagree. The trees are a lot better than PS2. They almost fit as well as IV trees. They adhere to the atmosphere.

Garju67
  • Garju67

Soldier

• Members

Posted 04 August 2012 - 05:34 PM

QUOTE (sibs44 @ Saturday, Aug 4 2012, 19:33)
QUOTE (ItsAllAboutGTA @ Saturday, Aug 4 2012, 09:51)

Awesome screens,Garju what i hate is only the three,they look ugly  turn.gif

I disagree. The trees are a lot better than PS2. They almost fit as well as IV trees. They adhere to the atmosphere.

Thank you very much man.
At least someone who understand soemthing about original trees.
wink.gif

Death2Drugs
  • Death2Drugs

Wanna milky?

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 04 August 2012 - 07:30 PM

Good pics, and I like how you're using the GTA III Xbox stuff instead of PC/PS2. 2D vegetation obviously looks like crap on RAGE. The Xbox vegetation is pretty good, somewhat looks like the XBOX 360/PS3 GTA IV vegetation.

Jestic
  • Jestic

Chris

• GTA Mods Staff
  • Netherlands
  • Helpfulness Award
    Contribution Award [Mods]
    Best Conversion 2014 [ViIV for GTANY Contribution]
    Best Map 2011 [IVSA]
    Modding Milestone [IVSA/Ped Paths]
    Best Map 2013 [ViceCityStories PC Edition][Contribution]

Posted 04 August 2012 - 07:44 PM

QUOTE (Death2Drugs @ Saturday, Aug 4 2012, 21:30)
Good pics, and I like how you're using the GTA III Xbox stuff instead of PC/PS2. 2D vegetation obviously looks like crap on RAGE. The Xbox vegetation is pretty good, somewhat looks like the XBOX 360/PS3 GTA IV vegetation.

The Xbox vegetation is pretty good, somewhat looks like the XBOX 360/PS3 GTA IV vegetation.

Not by a longshot, your out of your mind. tounge.gif

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

OG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 August 2012 - 08:41 PM

Hey I just remembered something for the demo. You guys should add the new game option back to both III RC Demo (TLAD) and IVSA (TBOGT). It was removed and it will allow people to switch between games witb out quitting the game.

Jestic
  • Jestic

Chris

• GTA Mods Staff
  • Netherlands
  • Helpfulness Award
    Best Map 2011 [IVSA]

Posted 04 August 2012 - 09:14 PM

QUOTE (nkjellman @ Saturday, Aug 4 2012, 22:41)
Hey I just remembered something for the demo. You guys should add the new game option back to both III RC Demo (TLAD) and IVSA (TBOGT). It was removed and it will allow people to switch between games witb out quitting the game.

It's in, but crashes. bored.gif

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

OG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 August 2012 - 09:22 PM Edited by nkjellman, 04 August 2012 - 09:31 PM.

QUOTE (Blaster_nl @ Saturday, Aug 4 2012, 21:14)

Oh ok. Wonder why it crashes.

But it might be possible to add GTA IV to the new game menu so you don't need to rename the DLC folder. Well, if it crashes never mind then.

However a few important questions.
Did you guys block the roads off like at the beginning of GTA III? Callahan Bridge is destroyed, Subway blocked, and Porter Tunnel blocked.
Did you update the III radio so it doesn't work on GTA IV? It must work on TLAD only otherwise III radio and SA radio will interfere in GTA IV.
Did you solve the paths issue with the trains and planes?
Did you import the solution for the water.dat? The blank water.dat in the main folder works for when the DLC is loaded, but the water.dat must be the IV SA one when the DLC is not loaded otherwise people won't have water when they play the IV SA Enhanced that runs off of what would be Niko's story if it was the normal game.

Jestic
  • Jestic

Chris

• GTA Mods Staff
  • Netherlands
  • Helpfulness Award
    Best Map 2011 [IVSA]

Posted 04 August 2012 - 09:33 PM

QUOTE (nkjellman @ Saturday, Aug 4 2012, 23:22)

But it might be possible to add GTA IV to the new game menu so you don't need to rename the DLC folder. Well, if it crashes never mind then.

Did you guys block the roads off like at the beginning of GTA III? Callahan Bridge is destroyed, Subway blocked, and Porter Tunnel blocked.
Did you update the III radio so it doesn't work on GTA IV? It must work on TLAD only otherwise III radio and SA radio will interfere in GTA IV.
Did you import the solution for the water.dat? The blank water.dat in the main folder works for when the DLC is loaded, but the water.dat must be the IV SA one when the DLC is not loaded otherwise people won't have water when they play the IV SA Enhanced.

- Yes, bridge is damaged, tunnel and subway are blocked off by gates and barriers
- Yes, the demo radio works on TLAD only
- No, but luckily you don't see the sa train in Portland, and I haven't seen the potland train in SA (if i'm right, it rides under the country side)
- I put water on top of SA, works well. (dlc is not able to swap files)

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

OG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 August 2012 - 09:38 PM

QUOTE (Blaster_nl @ Saturday, Aug 4 2012, 21:33)

Did you import the solution for the water.dat? The blank water.dat in the main folder works for when the DLC is loaded, but the water.dat must be the IV SA one when the DLC is not loaded otherwise people won't have water when they play the IV SA Enhanced.

- Yes, bridge is damaged, tunnel and subway are blocked off by gates and barriers
- No, but luckily you don't see the sa train in Portland, and I haven't seen the potland train in SA (if i'm right, it rides under the country side)

Ok. I hope that works out well.

But for the water.dat. The launcher can switch the files. When GTA IV is being used, it uses the IV SA one, and when the DLC is used, it uses a blank one, but III RC loads III water, and IV SA loads SA water. This is if III water on SA water doesn't work.

Edit: Doesn't the Portland train make SA loose a train?

Jestic
  • Jestic

Chris

• GTA Mods Staff
  • Netherlands
  • Helpfulness Award
    Best Map 2011 [IVSA]

Posted 04 August 2012 - 09:39 PM

QUOTE (nkjellman @ Saturday, Aug 4 2012, 23:38)

But for the water.dat. The launcher can switch the files. When GTA IV is being used, it uses the IV SA one, and when the DLC is used, it uses a blank one, but III RC loads III water, and IV SA loads SA water. This is if III water on SA water doesn't work.

There is no gta.dat\water.dat swap coded, only images.txt

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

OG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 August 2012 - 09:40 PM

QUOTE (Blaster_nl @ Saturday, Aug 4 2012, 21:39)
QUOTE (nkjellman @ Saturday, Aug 4 2012, 23:38)

There is no gta.dat\water.dat swap coded, only images.txt

If not, then the launcher could be updated to swap the water.dat it self.

choc4444
  • choc4444

Rat

• Members

Posted 04 August 2012 - 10:29 PM

very nice mod however we all need to be a little bit more reserved as we all know modders have the best intentions
but 90% of the time the mod does not get past the beta stage ? and we all feel we have been rob of the prize ?

lets just see what happens

Garju67
  • Garju67

Soldier

• Members

Posted 04 August 2012 - 10:32 PM

QUOTE (PETER727727 @ Sunday, Aug 5 2012, 00:29)
very nice mod however we all need to be a little bit more reserved as we all know modders have the best intentions
but 90% of the time the mod does not get past the beta stage ? and we all feel we have been rob of the prize ?

lets just see what happens

What you mean? You think mod will be cancelled?
Lol. It won't.

Mega
  • Mega

Smartass/Joker (Freelancer)

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 04 August 2012 - 10:43 PM Edited by MegaMario1500, 04 August 2012 - 10:45 PM.

I want to give a try at doing a custom Claude, using XBOX Body but using PC face, (XBOX Face is pretty ugly) but the model from the GTA3 Xbox Mod is blocked... can anyone help me? :| ( and maybe i'll use IV retextured hand)

And yes i have 3dsmax with SA and IV scripts, i gonna watch some videos and read tutorials and try something...lol

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

OG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 August 2012 - 11:00 PM Edited by nkjellman, 04 August 2012 - 11:02 PM.

I forgot to mention. Please clear out the animations like we did for IVSA.
Niko's animations look better and closer to Claude's movement style. Johnny's animations are retarded, and are that way because Johnny had a motercycle accident.

Jestic
  • Jestic

Chris

• GTA Mods Staff
  • Netherlands
  • Helpfulness Award
    Best Map 2011 [IVSA]

Posted 04 August 2012 - 11:42 PM Edited by Blaster_nl, 04 August 2012 - 11:50 PM.

QUOTE (MegaMario1500 @ Sunday, Aug 5 2012, 00:43)
I want to give a try at doing a custom Claude, using XBOX Body but using PC face, (XBOX Face is pretty ugly) but the model from the GTA3 Xbox Mod is blocked... can anyone help me? :| ( and maybe i'll use IV retextured hand)

And yes i have 3dsmax with SA and IV scripts, i gonna watch some videos and read tutorials and try something...lol

RW Analyze

Open DFF, scroll down, select 'z modeler lock', hit delete, save, done, unlocked.

user posted image

Steve-m, the tools he made, the awesomeness. RW analyze & col editor II, the 2 best RW tools next to MEd

GTARandom
  • GTARandom

Unfortunate piece of meat

• Feroci
  • Croatia

Posted 04 August 2012 - 11:50 PM

it's also great for unlocking vehicle DFFs biggrin.gif

Mega
  • Mega

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 04 August 2012 - 11:57 PM

QUOTE (Blaster_nl @ Saturday, Aug 4 2012, 20:42)
QUOTE (MegaMario1500 @ Sunday, Aug 5 2012, 00:43)

RW Analyze

Open DFF, scroll down, select 'z modeler lock', hit delete, save, done, unlocked.

user posted image

Steve-m, the tools he made, the awesomeness. RW analyze & col editor II, the 2 best RW tools next to MEd

Haha, it worked! Many thanks! If i manage to do anything, i'll let you guys know...

luigi636
  • luigi636

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 August 2012 - 01:12 AM

you said it's going to be a direct port, does that include missions or will it just be the map?

Garju67
  • Garju67

Soldier

• Members

Posted 05 August 2012 - 05:32 PM

Today, i had time to play the demo. And i can say it look awesome ! Congratulations GTARandom, Blaster and Flits for the improvements you did. smile.gif To all people, maybe it's a demo, but you won't be disappointed, i garantee you that. tounge.gif

user posted image

Mega
  • Mega

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 05 August 2012 - 06:11 PM

Oh my god... Now THAT is impressive. Amazing work from the team!

Flitskikker
  • Flitskikker

The Forums Frog

• Feroci
  • Netherlands

Posted 05 August 2012 - 06:35 PM Edited by flitskikker, 05 August 2012 - 06:41 PM.

Here's a banner for the announcement. smile.gif

user posted image

gtasadude
  • gtasadude

Stunter

• Members

Posted 05 August 2012 - 06:37 PM

Awesome design on the banner icon14.gif

Sebianoti
  • Sebianoti

Graphic designer

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 August 2012 - 06:38 PM

Can't wait!, was playing the mobile version recently, rage quit due to missions just simply being impossible to complete without mouse and keyboard.

_Rob_
  • _Rob_

Game Dev, Graphics Artist

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 August 2012 - 06:39 PM

Looks good, bummer it's EFLC only though, means I have to uninstall my SA:IV from IV, re-install to EFLC and then download and install this just to play it confused.gif

Flitskikker
  • Flitskikker

The Forums Frog

• Feroci
  • Netherlands

Posted 05 August 2012 - 06:40 PM

We were trying to figure out a way to run it on IV too, but we didn't find a practic way to do it.
So, unfortunately, it's EFLC only for now.

Garju67
  • Garju67

Soldier

• Members

Posted 05 August 2012 - 06:43 PM

QUOTE (flitskikker @ Sunday, Aug 5 2012, 20:40)
We were trying to figure out a way to run it on IV too, but we didn't find a practic way to do it.
So, unfortunately, it's EFLC only for now.

Nice job on banner dude ! icon14.gif
For ELFC, sorry for people who only have IV but i guess almost everyone have EFLC now... tounge2.gif
Anyway, no problem flits, even if demo is EFLC only, addons system is amazing ! biggrin.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users