Photo

Which games are you really crazy about?

79 replies to this topic
Yossarianite
  • Yossarianite

Slumerican sh*tizen

• Members

Posted 05 June 2012 - 05:30 PM

So as the title says, which games are you really crazy about?
Firstly, I'd like you to talk about the game a little, then write a review on it and your history with it(nothing serious!)
No spam, flaming, etc, etc.
No talking about games you haven't even played(at least watch a video before posting).

Thanks for your time, lets begin!

Name: Gears of War

I had this game for XBox 360, it was kinda' boring in the beginning and so I never played it but later, I began playing
it a little, bit by bit.
Soon, the game began to fascinate me and was my most favorite game. The guns and explosion, the talks and the gore, the game and the chainsaw! They were all really awesome! This was really, as the guide had mentioned, the perfect next generation game!

The gameplay and plot are both great, the gameplay and plot affect the game to a great extent making
the game a really dark game, with a limited number of known weapons, fulfilling your weapon and shooting desires,

The plot is good, the locust horde known as fictional boogey men, attack a peaceful planet and spread destruction everywhere, Marcus, the protagonist, disobeys orders and goes on to save his father.
Reaching a little to late and causing great destruction as result of his actions, he's sent to prison forever, until, Dom comes back and busts him out...........

And the gameplay as simple as "when an object is being blown into bits or is bleeding, its taking damage, same go's for you"
And the shooting and camera angles as realistic as ever, the health is realistic, the game is your b*tch. Don't forget the main highlight- The gun with a chainsaw attached- the best part of the game.

Though I've lost the CD, I enjoyed the game while I had it and still am searching for another CD to buy, ain't so easy to buy one here, you know.

Flynny
  • Flynny

Where is Jessica Hyde?

• Members
  • England

Posted 05 June 2012 - 06:00 PM

Future games
the south park rpg game - i was literally gobsmacked when i was watching the trailer. The concept just sounds... f*cking brilliant love south park
the last of us also really impressed me in E3 yesterday

games at present:
mass effect trilogy - just love the story (except the ending) and love the gameplay and soundtrack to 2, great characters and fun gameplay

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 05 June 2012 - 07:31 PM

Obviously the Assassin's Creed series. Also Splinter Cell, Elder Scrolls, and Zelda.

As for Assassin's Creed, though, I played the first one, rented it for a week, and I enjoyed the setting and gameplay, but the missions were repetitive, you didn't really get to know any of the characters other than basic personality traits. You kind of got an idea of Desmond's and Lucy's backstory, but you really didn't know them. And the controls were a bit sluggish at times. Climbing certain building was a chore. Then of course it ended, and I sat there PO'd that it ended so abruptly.

Then ACII came out, and completely addressed all of the concerns I had with the first game. The controls were much more easy, and the fighting mechanics were refined and added upon with more weapons. The missions were varied, the characters were much more fleshed out, there was a little more to do with Desmond a couple missions where you get to fight and climb with him. And the cliff hanger was much easier to swallow, as well as the story in the animus being more interesting. And still I didn't buy it, but just simply rented it.

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood came out, and I decided to finally buy it. After playing about a third of the way through, I had to go back and buy the first two, and play through those again before finishing Brotherhood. I was truly hooked from then on. I bought Revelations straight up. Cried a little while watching Embers. And now am nerdgasming at the E3 footage of ACIII.

The Wereodile
  • The Wereodile

Everyone is dumb.

• Members

Posted 05 June 2012 - 07:46 PM

My absolute favorite game would have to be Red Dead Redemption. I wasn't really that interested in it at the time it was released, but I became increasingly interested in it so I finally got it back in August of last year.

Since I was late to the party I already knew the ending going in, but that didn't hinder my enjoyment of the story and experience at all. The second I started up the game I was absolutely engrossed. I believe that RDR's world is the most beautiful, well-designed open world of any game I have ever seen.

You could erase all memory I have of this game and ask me when I thought this game was released and I would probably guess a month ago. It hasn't aged a bit. Even simple things like riding your horse across the landscape is a relaxing, fun activity itself. And of course, the action and shooting are solid as hell, and only serves to enhance the experience. I'm kind of in love with this game. blush.gif

Gtaghost22
  • Gtaghost22

• Members

Posted 05 June 2012 - 07:53 PM Edited by Gtaghost22, 06 June 2012 - 09:22 AM.

-Grand Theft Auto: my favourite game series, i grow up with it

-Uncharted: one of the best game franchises ever created, easily the best new IP this gen

-inFAMOUS: one of the best open world games this gen, people don't pay attention to this series but it's really awesome and you should try it if you have a PS3

-Assassin's Creed: one of the best games this gen, looking forward to the third installment releasing this year

-Red Dead Redemption: one of my favourite games this gen, a true masterpiece if you asked me

KilnerLUFC
  • KilnerLUFC

M.O.T

• Members

Posted 05 June 2012 - 11:37 PM

QUOTE (darthYENIK @ Tuesday, Jun 5 2012, 19:31)
and Zelda.

This. Too many times have I ranted on and on in various topics about how much I love the Zelda series, but it's still my #1 series of all time, for many a reason. The main reason I put this series at the top of my list at all times is because it was the first game that I could say got me seriously into gaming. I hadn't read any reviews of the game, and just rented it randomly one weekend, and was instantly hooked on the game from then on. It was only when I started browsing for guides and walkthroughs that I noticed that this game had scored a perfect 10/10 on every website, and deservedly so. The storyline was perfect, having me following every twist and turn, and even following the lives of every NPC in the game. This is rather rare these days for me, but the Zelda series still manages to do it for me. The gameplay was perfect, especially at the time it was released.

I've only played 4 of the games in the series (OOT, MM, WW & TP), but every one of them was perfect. MM was rather annoying though with the whole deadline.

-----------

As for other gaming series that have gained my interest are:

- Assassins Creed - Open world setting, glorious gameplay and a great story.

- Grand Theft Auto - Duh, the whole reason I post on this forum in the first place.

- Mario - Yep, massive fan of this series...just hoping the Wii U finally gives us a proper 3D update at some point.

There are plenty of other games about, but these are the series that I will always buy.

F4L?
  • F4L?

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 June 2012 - 11:50 PM

QUOTE (Butters 2011 @ Wednesday, Jun 6 2012, 10:37)
- Mario - Yep, massive fan of this series...just hoping the Wii U finally gives us a proper 3D update at some point.

That would ruin Mario! It's perfect as it is.

- Uncharted (Like ghost mentioned) definitely the best new game series this gen.
- Call Of Duty, used to not like it, now i'm hooked.
- Grand Theft Auto, alright when the trailer announcement came out i was playing Blops MP, threw the controller and danced and yipped, woohooed, and ran around in circles for some time.
Then i just lay there thinking about it, Call Of Duty seemed like the most boring thing ever for a few days after that.

KilnerLUFC
  • KilnerLUFC

M.O.T

• Members

Posted 06 June 2012 - 12:04 AM

QUOTE (finn4life @ Tuesday, Jun 5 2012, 23:50)
QUOTE (Butters 2011 @ Wednesday, Jun 6 2012, 10:37)

That would ruin Mario! It's perfect as it is.

No, I'm happy having all these 2D scrolling Mario games, since that's where it all began, but it's about time we finally got a proper sequel to Mario 64. Mario Sunshine was a great game, but didn't seem to get as much attention as it deserved, but that may be due to the console it was on, rather than the game itself. Mario Galaxy was a great game at first, but it tried to be too original, and the Wii made it such an annoying game to get into seriously. As I said, bring on this new Mario game that has been shown off for the Wii U, but hopefully the next one after that will be a fully-fledged 3D game.

PreciousWall
  • PreciousWall

Respect Is Everything

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 06 June 2012 - 01:37 AM

-Grand Theft Auto (played since GTA 1 and its my childhood

-Assassin's Creed (i love conspiracy stuff, and i love the story of AC)

-Fallout

Yossarianite
  • Yossarianite

Slumerican sh*tizen

• Members

Posted 06 June 2012 - 06:55 AM Edited by Yossarianite, 06 June 2012 - 06:57 AM.

Yeah, most of the classics, mario, south park, zelda, they're just great!
I've never played AC or RDR but from the looks and videos, they're really toough material! They're amazing but I sadly own none and have played none.
I don't much about uncharted but I share the same thoughts about Infamous, its really cool and its worth it.
I don't like GTA much now, except the features and COD's really nice now, I hated it before but its cool now.

Anyon played Medal of Honour?
I'm really crazy about its logos.......
the gameplays good too, plot.. not much, graphics, amazing, number of guns, not good but this game's worth it!
Its fun playing the game! And the sniper experience is just soooooo cool!

Anyone know about BF3?

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 06 June 2012 - 10:04 AM Edited by Fireman, 06 June 2012 - 10:08 AM.

You guys seem to forget all of the best ones:

Carmageddon

Been playing this since I was 9 (yeah I know it's 18+, but it's a game) and been playing it since. I was totally hyped when the new Carmageddon was announced to be released this year.

Baldur's Gate

The best dialogue and storywriting humanity has ever seen and solid gameplay mechanics. Both I and II were masterpieces.

Fallout

Mainly the first two Fallouts, but I did thoroughly enjoy 3 and New Vegas (never finished NV though). However the third and NV were only fun because of the mods, the rest of the game was mediocre.

GTAction99
  • GTAction99

R*

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 June 2012 - 10:31 AM

Forza Horizon - The game TDU2 should have been, in car camera, visual upgrades, Car VS Planes (My guess is that they will use a stupidly fast car such as a Hennessy Venom or Bugatti Veyron SS), gas stations, 65 different types of racing settings (Rain, snow, dirt, mud, Night .etc).

Forza 4 - I am particulary interested about the May DLC pack, because I REALLY want to drive the Yellowbird, Vette ZR1 GT2, Beetle(lol) and Maserati Ghibil Cup car.

Grand Theft Auto series - I am crazy about III in particular (As it was my first GTA ever, and the first time that I got to play a Violent video game around 2002-3!)

Need For Speed - I have been playing Porsche Unleashed (And High Stakes) on PC, I have also been playing the run and Shift 2.

Gran Turismo - I am really enjoying GTAcademy and driving around in the JDM cars.

GTR2 - F1 1988 + FIA 1997 + BPR 1993 -96 + Le Mans 1999 - 2012 = Epicness!

Criѕtian
  • Criѕtian

2K14 - Supralux

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 06 June 2012 - 10:36 AM

Carmageddon is great, I love many games from that era such as Quake II and the old NFS games and many others.

I wouldn't say I am really crazy about this, but this game is definitely my most anticipated game. Infinity: The Quest for Eearth is going to be a massive multiplayer game, a space simulator with incredible detail and pretty much an infinite world as the title suggests, all thanks to an amazing technology called procedural rendering. You can find more info here: http://www.infinity-universe.com

I don't like multiplayer games that much honestly, but that concept is simply amazing in my eyes.

I also anticipate GTA V quite a bit, although I'm not so sure how this one will turn out, but knowing R* I think I will not be disappointed.

Yossarianite
  • Yossarianite

Slumerican sh*tizen

• Members

Posted 06 June 2012 - 12:17 PM

Games from tose era were really awesome, crash bandicoot particularly. I almost forgot about it! Its a really awesome game and I tend to play it! I was seriously crazy about it earlier and play the game tirelessly when I do.

Saw that infinity thing, its........ incredible! wow.gif icon14.gif

Anyways, Carmageddon, Crash Bandicoot, NFS, anyone remember Roadrash? Don't tell me you don't! I was really damn crazy about it when I was a little kid! I had the demo version, then got the full version and I still have it! Working clean and nice! biggrin.gif

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Tainted

• Antarctica

Posted 06 June 2012 - 12:19 PM

QUOTE (Yossarianite @ Wednesday, Jun 6 2012, 23:17)
Games from tose era were really awesome, crash bandicoot particularly. I almost forgot about it! Its a really awesome game and I tend to play it! I was seriously crazy about it earlier and play the game tirelessly when I do.

Anyways, Carmageddon, Crash Bandicoot, NFS, anyone remember Roadrash? Don't tell me you don't! I was really damn crazy about it when I was a little kid! I had the demo version, then got the full version and I still have it! Working clean and nice! biggrin.gif

Ah Road Rash. Good times, good times. biggrin.gif

Yossarianite
  • Yossarianite

Slumerican sh*tizen

• Members

Posted 06 June 2012 - 12:29 PM

QUOTE (Miamivicecity @ Wednesday, Jun 6 2012, 12:19)
QUOTE (Yossarianite @ Wednesday, Jun 6 2012, 23:17)

Ah Road Rash. Good times, good times. biggrin.gif

Actually in the beginning, I never knew we could snatch and use weapons, it was still awesome but I realized I could snatch and use weapons! Damn! The game was a killer!
I played it everyday! Each day I tell you, each day!
After that, I was crazy about another game who's demo version I owned.... The Amazing Spiderman!
I owned a DEMO version but soon! I got a cracked version and I was sooooo happy that day, I was playing the game before going to school while my mom was telling me to have my breakfast or I'd be late for school! Haha... I kept on playing that and soon , I realized that there was a problem at the Venom chase level, sad enough, game never wen't ahead but later, oh later, by chance, one of my friends told me about a particular cheat, 'leanest' and I tried it out and soon, damn, I was way ahead of the Venom level by just doing a level select!
Though the game ended off on a fast note, it was enjoyable and I still remember that awesome sh*t I played every noon after school!

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Sax & Violins

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 06 June 2012 - 12:46 PM

I suppose I'm obsessed with San Andreas. It was the peak of my gaming. Well, GTA III started it, then Vice City was the first GTA that just put the icing on the cake. I first watched Scarface for the first time whilst playing Vice City and it was amazing seeing all the references between GTA and films.

Redketman
  • Redketman

Hustler

• Members

Posted 06 June 2012 - 02:00 PM

There are many memorable games which I can play for about 6-7 hours a day because they're awesome and you want to continue the story and all that stuff. I do have three personal favourite video game franchises though and that's has been the case for ten years now. I'm talking about Grand Theft Auto, Tony Hawk and the main Pokmon games. I've beaten most of those games and I can play them for many hours a day. They are awesome because of the gameplay, you can do interesting stuff aside from the main missions and they usually have great soundtrack. Also, There are many games in those franchises that looks similar to each other but there are always new elements in the games that are great in the end.

I always look forward to play new GTA, Tony Hawk and Pokmon games. I know that they'll be great especially since there's much nostalgia about the games. I first played GTA III in 2002, Pokmon Gold in 2001 and Tony Hawk's Pro skater 1 and 2 around 2000. All of those games were my favourites back in the day. The early Tony Hawk games also inspired me to start skateboarding in real life. Although I haven't skated for many years I remember that it was fun riding skatebords.

I usually don't beat a video game more than once but I have played games like GTA III, GTA San Andreas, Pokmon Gold and The Tony Hawk's Pro Skaters at least three times. I also rarely play video games with other people but I have played multiplayer in games like those above with both my brother and a childhood friend.

There's only one exception about all the things I have written above. I didn't really like the latest two Tony Hawk Games. The concept of playing video games with a real board didn't work so well. I'm quite sure that Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD will be a great game though, because of the nostalgia. smile.gif

If someone is interested I can talk more about the gameplay and that stuff in the video games above. But anyway, interesting thread.

Jack.
  • Jack.

Mark Chump

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 June 2012 - 02:30 PM

Assassins Creed Revelations, I Only play the /multiplayer.
Gears of War 1. I owned and played this game for over 3years, I was amazing and the game was amazing.
GTA, GTA II, GTA VC: I used to play these on my PC. Very fun even tho I could never get past the first mission lol.gif
Oblivion: I first got the game for Xbox 360. It was incredible, Graphic's, Story etc.... I can say I like it a lot better then Skyrim.
Skyrim: Skyrim Is a great game, Loved the Story.
Splinter Cell: DA: I used to love the online on this game, Sad noone plays it anymore sad.gif .

Simon_V
  • Simon_V

Red Dead Undead

• Members

Posted 06 June 2012 - 03:58 PM

Grand Theft Auto V
Alan Wake 2
God Of War: Ascension
The Last Of Us
Far Cry 3
Dead Space 3
Assassin's Creed III
Hitman: Absolution
Tomb Raider
Splinter Cell: Blacklist

Yossarianite
  • Yossarianite

Slumerican sh*tizen

• Members

Posted 06 June 2012 - 04:06 PM

QUOTE (Redketman @ Wednesday, Jun 6 2012, 14:00)

If someone is interested I can talk more about the gameplay and that stuff in the video games above. But anyway, interesting thread.

We're all interested pal! That's the point of this thread!
You talk about games you loved, you were crazy about, the memory makers, you review them, talk about them, write a whole page about them and we're still there to read them, you'll probably inspire us to play that, the way you speak about it, the games seem great. I've even mentioned in the first post about reviews and history! You can speak more! We're there to listen to it! biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Jack)
Assassins Creed Revelations, I Only play the /multiplayer.
Gears of War 1. I owned and played this game for over 3years, I was amazing and the game was amazing.
GTA, GTA II, GTA VC: I used to play these on my PC. Very fun even tho I could never get past the first mission lol.gif
Oblivion: I first got the game for Xbox 360. It was incredible, Graphic's, Story etc.... I can say I like it a lot better then Skyrim.
Skyrim: Skyrim Is a great game, Loved the Story.
Splinter Cell: DA: I used to love the online on this game, Sad noone plays it anymore sad.gif .

I had the demo version of SC DA some years ago, the game was great and all but too hard for me, I was a kid you see.
So I played up till the ice wall thingy in the first level and thats it, I guess.

BTW, you could share you experience with the games a little more deeply with us! smile.gif

EDIT:

QUOTE (Simon V)
Grand Theft Auto V
Alan Wake 2
God Of War: Ascension
The Last Of Us
Far Cry 3
Dead Space 3
Assassin's Creed III
Hitman: Absolution
Tomb Raider
Splinter Cell: Blacklist

Pretty big list man! We really hope you'd talk a little more deeply about the games. smile.gif

GTAIndonesia
  • GTAIndonesia

Gone

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 June 2012 - 04:12 PM

Half-Life

It's the one who changed FPS gaming forever!

Yossarianite
  • Yossarianite

Slumerican sh*tizen

• Members

Posted 06 June 2012 - 04:18 PM

QUOTE (GTAIndonesia @ Wednesday, Jun 6 2012, 16:12)
Half-Life

It's the one who changed FPS gaming forever!

Absolutely with you one that one! That sh*t was hard for me but I played it and it was the really cool! It was the game of its time, ah.. the good old days! biggrin.gif
Anyways, as usual, please go more deep with this!

MinnieMan121249
  • MinnieMan121249

Carbon based Buffoon!!

• The Yardies

Posted 06 June 2012 - 04:20 PM

Everything Bethesda, Valve and RockstarGames.

Yossarianite
  • Yossarianite

Slumerican sh*tizen

• Members

Posted 06 June 2012 - 04:39 PM

QUOTE (MinnieMan121249 @ Wednesday, Jun 6 2012, 16:20)

You stated your point! though not roughly... lol.gif

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 06 June 2012 - 05:27 PM

QUOTE (MinnieMan121249 @ Wednesday, Jun 6 2012, 16:20)

I'm so glad you're not a reviewer.

Shame half the reviewers are like you though.

bluetops
  • bluetops

Chupacabra

• Members

Posted 07 June 2012 - 02:29 PM

QUOTE (Yossarianite @ Wednesday, Jun 6 2012, 12:29)

Actually in the beginning, I never knew we could snatch and use weapon....

What?? You could snatch a weapon?! I don't know about that! I'm gonna play it again *turns on PS1 and puts Road Rash*

I love simulators, or simulation/simulating games. Constructor, for the PS1, is the reason why I loved simulation games. Even though I can't win that game, I still play it everyday(when I was a kid) for fun. I also love the Sims series biggrin.gif

Then there came GTA - my dreams of having freedom in a game became true.

Mokrie Dela
  • Mokrie Dela

МОКРЫЕДЕЛA

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 07 June 2012 - 02:38 PM

gta, obviously, Fifa, being a big football fan, EA have us by the short and curlies, with their buggy crap, Splinter Cell, though that's dead to me now, Assassins creed, and i have a intermittant addiction to Fallout.

FlavouredMilk
  • FlavouredMilk

Good. Bad. I Am The Guy With The Gun.

• Members

Posted 07 June 2012 - 03:34 PM

GTA Series.
Fallout 3/NV.
Area 51.
Battlefield BC2/3.
Borderlands.
Forza 3/4. (Probably Horizon.)

On the note of what hasn't come out yet.

GTAV.
Last of Us.
Borderlands 2.

Yes, I realise for a list of games I'm completely "crazy" about, I kept it simple. If you want to know about a game listed here, play it?

Lethal Nizzle
  • Lethal Nizzle

Optima dies, prima fugit

• Members

Posted 07 June 2012 - 03:47 PM

Each FIFA game that comes out. Every year it warrants a purchase due to updated teams/kits, potential graphical upgrades and gameplay tweaks, albeit gameplay has been relatively similar for about two years now. No matter what my mood is, I can always jump on FIFA and never get bored. Sure, the Career Mode can get stale really quickly (that's why I play FM) but it's so easy to pick up and play and lose a good few hours just playing people online.

As aforementioned, FM (Football Manager). This sucks a lot of my time away as it's just so addictive, immersive and immensely rewarding when results start going your way, or I sign a player I want. I have no interest in it at the moment due to playing the hell out of it in the last few weeks of school in free lessons, which is lucky because now I'm in the middle of exams so I have a clear mind. tounge.gif

And finally, of course, GTA. I would've said Rockstar Games in general, because I loved LA Noire and Red Dead, but no other R* game has the same re-playability as any of the GTA games IMO. I always find myself starting SA again just to experience that first island, which in my opinion was the most memorable due to the atmosphere and the missions.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users