Should I kill Francis or Derrick?

70 replies to this topic
Steezy.
  • Steezy.

Dimension Shifter

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 November 2017 - 03:55 AM

I used to always kill Francis but now I think it's best to kill Derrick. In GTA V, Packie mentions that he's dead anyways, so it would make sense. Plus Derrick is a snitch who ratted out his friends. Francis is an asshead too, but working with him gets Niko benefits to help keep the law off his back, something Niko would very much appreciate.
  • Algonquin Assassin, lol232, Official General and 1 other like this

Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, we always carry heat around here.

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 November 2017 - 12:03 PM

I used to always kill Francis but now I think it's best to kill Derrick. In GTA V, Packie mentions that he's dead anyways, so it would make sense. Plus Derrick is a snitch who ratted out his friends. Francis is an asshead too, but working with him gets Niko benefits to help keep the law off his back, something Niko would very much appreciate.

I will try killing Derrick on another playthrough of IV.

• Steezy. likes this

Tao Cheng
  • Tao Cheng

Man I'm fuuuucked up!

• Members
  • China

Posted 19 November 2017 - 03:40 AM

It's a hard decision - kill a drug addled crook or kill the asshole detective who has been using Niko to do his dirty laundry. I kill Francis because after all Niko had done for him he still belittles Niko and says he will put Niko away if he doesn't kill Derrick. Also there's no 2 wanted stars when taking Francis to the grave and shorter drive there plus less enemies. I believe there's two enemy vehicles to get rid of instead of just one.

Whoever chose chose Francis, then did the Revenge ending is sickening to let an old lady like Ma McReary be alone and rotting to death.

But Packie is watching Ma, Packie even calls Niko to take the photo of Gracie because he says he would do it himself but Ma is still upset.

But Packie left Liberty City and can be killed by Trevor in GTAV, which I did in my save lol because cannibals love potato heads!

UncleSal
  • UncleSal

This ain't no country club, boy.

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 15 December 2017 - 06:24 PM

I killed Derrick, i don't liked him so much. I found Francis interesting.

• Jeansowaty likes this

Darealbandicoot
  • Darealbandicoot

Strange and exotic sailor

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 December 2017 - 01:02 PM

Francis. I have done play throughs with both options and although killing Derrick gets you money and a wanted level down ability, It only works until the final mission. But even though you get no reward for doing it, killing Francis especially after calling him for a raise is SOOOO satisfying.

Donatello
  • Donatello

Anyone for stickball? I've got a stick. You be the ball.

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 December 2017 - 09:25 PM

I kill Francis if I'm choosing Deal.
I kill Derrick if I'm choosing Revenge.
  • Steezy. likes this

Ivellios
  • Ivellios

Crackhead

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 18 December 2017 - 07:16 PM

I had this dilemma toda, too. At first, I decided to kill Francis, but then I've gotten serious doubts if this was the right choice. I began to feel real sorry for his mother, since all that she would left with was one son in prison, one alcoholic son with no erspectives, one gangster son and a daughter who will also be dead soon. So, before escaping the area, I decided to commit suicide using a rocket launcher. Then I've tried this mission again, and when Francis called and said that he 'would need to act shocked' or something like that, I finally decided to kill him... again.

ADisantis
  • ADisantis

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 December 2017 - 08:50 PM

I would for sure kill Francis. Morally he is worse for he was willing to put a hit on his own brothers head and doesn’t seem to care much for his family. He is a jerk in general and corrupted. Killing him felt much more satisfying and i would say it’s totally worth it depending if any of these factors matter to the player personally.

Jeansowaty
  • Jeansowaty

My music's my favourite music ever.

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 19 December 2017 - 09:57 AM

To be fair, I don't know whether putting a hit on his brother's head or talking against him to higher authorities is worse...

TommyPayne123
  • TommyPayne123

Crackhead

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 30 December 2017 - 09:58 AM

Only logical choice is killing derrick. F*ck that useless junkie piece of sh*t! At least francis is funny and interesting and trying to do some good in the world. Although he was also a piece of sh*t in his own ways.
  • Jeansowaty likes this

SeroH
  • SeroH

Want sum tape?

• The Yakuza
  • Netherlands
  • Contribution Award [Music]

Posted 18 January 2018 - 01:06 AM

I prefer to kill Francis, not because "f*ck the cops", his obsessed egocentric way of being perfect (clean and tidy, no crimes and all that stuff) and his hyprocite personality annoys me. He's an asshole, that's all. And also he's like Tenpenny.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users