Photo

Should I kill Francis or Derrick?

26 replies to this topic
cbute
  • cbute

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 June 2012 - 06:25 AM

I really can't figure this out. I don't like Francis, but I like the reward he gives. I like Derrick, but he gives 2 extra missions! I don't really want to do more missions. Please help!

Miro
  • Miro

Time Killa™

• Zaibatsu
  • Romania
  • GTANet Contribution Award [Newbie Guide]
    Most Improved 2010

Posted 05 June 2012 - 08:27 AM

Who you decide to kill is entirely your choice. Each option has its own benefits, though killing Playboy X appears to be the favoured option amongst the majority of GTA IV fans. Killing Playboy X will earn you his loft (which will act as a new safehouse) in addition to a new outfit, and it also means that Dwayne Forge becomes a friend, which itself provides new benefits. Killing Dwayne will earn you 25,000$ but Playboy refuses to speak to you afterwards, so there are no other benefits apart from that.

My suggestion would be to kill Derrick. You said that you don't wish to do anymore missions, so better kill him. Beside the two given missions by Derrick, you won't meet him again.

cbute
  • cbute

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 June 2012 - 08:40 AM

thx

Shelby123456
  • Shelby123456

Shelby Clark

• Members

Posted 16 July 2012 - 07:50 PM

When I got to this mission, the first that happened when I looked through the sniper scope was emotions. Choosing who to kill was hard for me because, I liked both Derrick and Frankie in many ways. I knew I had to kill Frankie because, he was screwing with Derricks head so, I put on my game face and aimed for Frankie's head and said,"Goodnight you f*ck.." and shot him. But,....lol thats just me. I get too emotionally involved with characters. smile.gif

Ferocious Banger
  • Ferocious Banger

Big Homie

• Members
  • India

Posted 10 August 2012 - 06:36 AM Edited by Ferocious Banger, 10 August 2012 - 07:46 AM.

Kill that Francis bastard!

iRawa647
  • iRawa647

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 August 2012 - 10:45 AM

QUOTE (miromiro @ Tuesday, Jun 5 2012, 08:27)
Who you decide to kill is entirely your choice. Each option has its own benefits, though killing Playboy X appears to be the favoured option amongst the majority of GTA IV fans. Killing Playboy X will earn you his loft (which will act as a new safehouse) in addition to a new outfit, and it also means that Dwayne Forge becomes a friend, which itself provides new benefits. Killing Dwayne will earn you 25,000$ but Playboy refuses to speak to you afterwards, so there are no other benefits apart from that.

My suggestion would be to kill Derrick. You said that you don't wish to do anymore missions, so better kill him. Beside the two given missions by Derrick, you won't meet him again.

If you kill Derrick, make sure to phone Francis while on the rooftop if you need extra money. He will say he'll give you double.....$20,000!
  • Bozzah likes this

The_Anti-tragedy
  • The_Anti-tragedy

Wasn't ready

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 29 August 2012 - 04:10 PM

Killing either one doesn't give you any more missions. They're just part of the same mission string that happens. Derrick's, Gerry's, and Francis' missions unlock Blood Brothers, then regardless of who you kill, you'll still do Undertaker. The only difference is the person who is dead and the different cemetaries. Then you do Gerry's missions from prison, then all the missions all unlock One Last Thing.

RED_
  • RED_

Homie

• Members

Posted 01 September 2012 - 02:02 AM

I killed Derrick and Frankie's reward is a bit sh*t. You can get rid of heat on you but half the time he doesn't answer his bloody one. I'm quite far ahead of that mission now and I've only used his reward twice because he never picks up his phone.

unc13bud
  • unc13bud

Weekend Answerer

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 September 2012 - 09:18 PM

that's good to know. i never gave it a second thought myself, cause francis is crooked police. i loved derrick's entedre about his phone "this is the last bit of juice i got on this thing"

lol232
  • lol232

Even though you're fed up, you gotta keep your head up'.

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 16 September 2012 - 10:24 AM

You don't get 2 Missions, that is complete bullsh*t,
from "Undertaker" nothing else happens.

I am one of 1/3 among with Miro who usually kills Derrick.
Francis may be a crook but Derrick is slowly trying to kill himself, alcoholic, running away from his family, kill Derrick...

Also, if you are aiming to kill Derrick, call Francis before sniping him, he will ask you ti give you are "rise", accept it and you will Double the amount of money you get tounge2.gif .
  • KBG, Jeansowaty, Niobium and 1 other like this

ThomGTA
  • ThomGTA

I dont Know

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 February 2014 - 04:44 PM Edited by ThomGTA, 15 February 2014 - 04:47 PM.

I kill Francis.

KBG
  • KBG

8-bit.

• Members
  • India

Posted 17 May 2014 - 08:00 AM

Derrick. If you are in serious monetary problems.

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

You go OTB more than me man!

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 17 May 2014 - 09:24 PM

I killed Francis. f*ck the pigs :p

KBG
  • KBG

8-bit.

• Members
  • India

Posted 18 May 2014 - 11:32 AM

And a dickhead like you!

yahtzee96738
  • yahtzee96738

All American Crime Head

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 May 2014 - 04:37 PM

Derrick. He seemed indecent as a person and he was the one that I was being paid to kill.

Mr_Leone
  • Mr_Leone

The X

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 03 June 2014 - 04:10 AM

Derrick betrayed his friends in Ireland and lived with those demons for his entire life. Killing him was better for Niko and Packie imo. Francis wouldn't touch Packie so having him alive sort of helped.
  • lol232 likes this

Don Corleone~>
  • Don Corleone~>

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 June 2014 - 06:21 PM

Can anybody help me? after killing one of them. what to do?

G.S.T
  • G.S.T

U WOT M8

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 July 2014 - 06:36 PM Edited by xXGst0395Xx, 20 July 2014 - 06:36 PM.

Doesn't Packie mention that Derrick is dead anyway during GTA V? If that's so, I wanted to leave enough McRearys alive, so I put Gerald out of his misery and spared Francis, plus I could use him to eliminate my wanted levels, even though the phone contact disappears once you've completed the story.

• fefenc likes this

fefenc
  • fefenc

Blue Dante

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 20 July 2014 - 06:42 PM

You mean derrick, right?

Derrick dies in GTA IV and Roman lives, it's cannon for GTA V

pajkosinjo
  • pajkosinjo

Tell me, and I will not believe you

• Members
  • Serbia
  • Biggest Profile Stalker 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 20 July 2014 - 07:08 PM Edited by pajkosinjoSRB, 20 July 2014 - 07:11 PM.

Maybe Niko killed Francis, and Derrick died sometime between 2008 and 2013. But Roman is still alive since Franklin's cousin Tavell mentions his cab service and you can see that he is listed as one of Niko's friends on Live Invader. And the choice of killing Francis follows Niko's moral code.

Kampret
  • Kampret

GabeN is fat.

• The Yardies
  • Indonesia

Posted 22 July 2014 - 04:08 PM

Maybe Niko killed Francis, and Derrick died sometime between 2008 and 2013. But Roman is still alive since Franklin's cousin Tavell mentions his cab service and you can see that he is listed as one of Niko's friends on Live Invader. And the choice of killing Francis follows Niko's moral code.

This. I can tell by their dialogue that Niko liked Derrick more than Francis.

MrVance
  • MrVance

Playa

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 11 August 2014 - 08:47 PM

That was an easy choice for me, i killed that mess of Derrick, a drunk f*cking snitch. Francis was crooked alright but Derrick was a f*cking mess. Besides clearing the wanted level when needed to finish some long and tough mission is the best reward you can get in this game. Better than million $ which you have nothing to spend on anyway. By that point you have more than quarter of million $ so 10x more than you actually need. What will you spend it on? You got the all the guns and ammo you need and you can carry for 30000 or 40000$.

I really never understood the sense of making so much money in this game and nothing to spend it on.

• Charles_Lee_Raye likes this

pajkosinjo
  • pajkosinjo

Tell me, and I will not believe you

• Members
  • Serbia
  • Biggest Profile Stalker 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 11 August 2014 - 09:05 PM

That was an easy choice for me, i killed that mess of Derrick, a drunk f*cking snitch. Francis was crooked alright but Derrick was a f*cking mess. Besides clearing the wanted level when needed to finish some long and tough mission is the best reward you can get in this game. Better than million $ which you have nothing to spend on anyway. By that point you have more than quarter of million $ so 10x more than you actually need. What will you spend it on? You got the all the guns and ammo you need and you can carry for 30000 or 40000$.

I really never understood the sense of making so much money in this game and nothing to spend it on.

You can't use Frankie's ability after the final mission in the game.

Tao Cheng
  • Tao Cheng

Man I'm fuuuucked up!

• Members
  • China

Posted 11 August 2014 - 09:06 PM

I think Niko would have finished off Derrick since that dude is a wreck and may eventually snitch that Niko killed Francis. He may not like Francis, but it seems like he's actually doing service to the community and it's a plus that Niko is good at haggling the price against him.

Killed Francis knowing that Derrick will die eventually... Wished the Deal ending was canon so that Kate will be the only one left to take care of the mother. Since the so claimed Revenge is the real ending, it makes a better tragedy that she's now alone.

MrVance
  • MrVance

Playa

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 11 August 2014 - 09:26 PM

You can't use Frankie's ability after the final mission in the game.

I don`t care since i don`t need to clearing the wanted level after the main storyline. If i get into a fight with cops i just die. But when i`m doing some long tough mission where all you got left to complete it is clearing thee wanted level, that is usefull. And i don`t use cheats so calling Francis it`s a benefit for me. I`ve only called him 3x and he always picked up.

There is no checkpoints in IV so you got to do it all over again if you die or geting arested and that sucks. And failing the mission because i can`t evade 3+ wanted level is the main reason for me to fail.

Shadowlarvitar
  • Shadowlarvitar

Proud Saints Row Fanboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 August 2014 - 05:02 AM

I always kill Francis cause he's an ass

MrVance
  • MrVance

Playa

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 12 August 2014 - 04:21 PM

I never had hard decisions to make in IV when it comes to killing person A or B.

I killed Playboy X instead of Dwaine because he was a f*cking wannabe, greedy, narcistic and hypocrite son of a bitch. And i felt bad about Dwaine`s sad life out of jail, i felt as sorry for him almost as i would feel it for some real life`s friend. I was happy to spare his life and i was calling him frequently to hang out with him but he never picked up a phone.

I killed Derrick instead of Francis because he was a drunk f*cking mess. And because of that wanted level thing benefit.

And i chosed the revenge on Dmitri over the deal because he was such a sad prick, i hated him from the 1.st mission i met him. Oh and of course to spare Roman`s life. I can`t imagine how would it have felt without him. Sure he was annoying sometimes with his darts but i liked him very much. And there is no GTA IV without Roman. And when i picked the deal over revenge just to see how it would look like (i didn`t save that progress of course) than when Roman got shot, that scene was so sad i almost got tears in my eyes lol. I felt almost as sad as i was when 1.st time playing RDR when John Marston got killed at the end.

Anyway how many of you guys killed Darko Brevic? Or did you spare his miserable addict life? I didn`t, he had close encounter with .50 caliber bullet out of desert eagle  :catspider:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users