Quantcast

» «
Photo

Watch Dogs

6,632 replies to this topic

Poll: On which platform are you gonna buy Watch_Dogs? (513 member(s) have cast votes)

On which platform are you gonna buy Watch_Dogs?

1. PC (132 votes [25.73%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 25.73%

2. Playstation 3 (64 votes [12.48%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 12.48%

3. Playstation 4 (116 votes [22.61%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 22.61%

4. Wii U (1 votes [0.19%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 0.19%

5. Xbox 360 (50 votes [9.75%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 9.75%

6. Xbox One (40 votes [7.80%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.80%

7. I'm not gonna buy Watch_Dogs (110 votes [21.44%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 21.44%

How would you rate Watch_Dogs?

1. 10 (19 votes [6.40%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.40%

2. 9 (32 votes [10.77%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.77%

3. 8 (74 votes [24.92%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 24.92%

4. 7 (58 votes [19.53%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 19.53%

5. 6 (38 votes [12.79%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 12.79%

6. 5 (23 votes [7.74%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.74%

7. 4 (11 votes [3.70%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.70%

8. 3 (4 votes [1.35%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.35%

9. 2 (8 votes [2.69%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.69%

10. 1 (30 votes [10.10%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.10%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Mista J
  • Mista J

I can't wait to show you my toys...

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 April 2014 - 07:53 AM Edited by DarthShinobi, 20 April 2014 - 08:02 AM.

That's right GTA V didn't win the most GOTY awards, meanwhile R* is like,
tumblr_mslx9kWDn11rkumvuo1_400.gif
  • Th3MaN1 likes this

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

By: Blood-Is-in-Diamond or BiiD

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 April 2014 - 09:32 AM Edited by Blood-Is-in-Diamond, 20 April 2014 - 09:40 AM.

Ahahahahaha Lol,exactly earning $1bn in just 72hrs and breaking 7GWRs (which is Historical and unbeatable) is way better than GoTY awards ;)....but wait GTA5 also got 300 perfect 10s (IGN,CVG,Edge etc) and it the 5th Highest Ranking Game of All-Time with 97% (IV being 2nd with 98%) on Metacritic and Gamerankings,lol the list goes on....Lol even TLoU's Metacritic Ratinhg is just 95% not close to V but it would be shocking if WD could also be Ultra Successful Sales wise and Reception wise like V....but lol it cant happen...

Okay let talk about something else,So did anyone watch the Watch-Dogs Podcast #5?

Johan
  • Johan

Free The Future

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Dominican-Republic
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA]

Posted 20 April 2014 - 10:19 AM

Ahahahahaha Lol,exactly earning $1bn in just 72hrs and breaking 7GWRs (which is Historical and unbeatable) is way better than GoTY awards ;)....but wait GTA5 also got 300 perfect 10s (IGN,CVG,Edge etc) and it the 5th Highest Ranking Game of All-Time with 97% (IV being 2nd with 98%) on Metacritic and Gamerankings,lol the list goes on....Lol even TLoU's Metacritic Ratinhg is just 95% not close to V but it would be shocking if WD could also be Ultra Successful Sales wise and Reception wise like V....but lol it cant happen...

Okay let talk about something else,So did anyone watch the Watch-Dogs Podcast #5?

A week later and you're still posting about that game? Come on lol

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 April 2014 - 10:44 AM

A week later and you're still posting about that game? Come on lol

The Podcast was out this Thursday/Friday,it was great hearing talk more about the Game and it features btw :)

SteXmaN
  • SteXmaN

Prankster

• Members

Posted 20 April 2014 - 12:19 PM

Some outfits:

Spoiler

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 April 2014 - 12:28 PM Edited by Blood-Is-in-Diamond, 20 April 2014 - 12:30 PM.

OMG those look SUPERB!!! :)...but wait,is that in the Normal edition or it for Special edition?

Side Note:Damn it also has a Gussenberg Sweeper-type of weapon,that sweet...

The Odyssey
  • The Odyssey

Big Homie

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 20 April 2014 - 12:46 PM

Can't f*cking wait till this game drops and crushes V to bits. Anybody else here buying this game for the PS4 ?

I hope you don't mean in sales. :D

Well that too but I really want Watch Dogs to just destroy GTA V in general. Like with the graphics, gameplay, etc. And then see the many people jump on the Watch Dogs bandwagon.
Lol :lol: it will take the entire WD franchise to beat GTA5 alone in terms of Sales and Receptions...WD will be great but i am sure it wouldnt get a 97% Metacritic Rating (not even WD2) or even beat V's Historic Record....although the Game has superior graphics and features than V....

Could win most GOTY awards. That's something GTA couldn't win since III. 

2013 - 158 GOTY awards (GTA V) - Came in 2nd place, behind TLoU, which drew in 248 GOTY awards  

2008 - 39 GOTY awards (GTA IV) Came 2nd yet again, this time Fallout got 69 GOTY awards

2004 - 9 GOTY awards (GTA SA) Came 3rd, behind Halo 2 and Half Life 2 (11 and 21) Let's remember this was an astounding year for gaming, picking one game out of the top 5 would be a challenge. 

2003 - 1 GOTY award (GTA VC) Came 4th, behind COD, LoZ and Star Wars. SW came first with 18 awards. 

Conclusion? Although they may not come in 1st in terms of GOTY awards, GTA will still rank in pretty f*cking close to the top which means its still a great series. I'm yet to see if TLoU continues its legacy if it chooses to, so don't get your hopes too high too early, redx. 

SteXmaN
  • SteXmaN

Prankster

• Members

Posted 20 April 2014 - 01:17 PM Edited by SteXmaN, 20 April 2014 - 02:18 PM.

OMG those look SUPERB!!! :)...but wait,is that in the Normal edition or it for Special edition?

Some are in Pre-Order bonuses of normal/special edition,some are PS4 exclusive and the other are just in game.idk which ones though 

Info and gameplay coming this week :)

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 20 April 2014 - 01:26 PM

This one is awesome

aidensignature_1920x1080.jpg

• Th3MaN1 likes this

Th3MaN1
  • Th3MaN1

Big Homie

• Members
  • Romania
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 20 April 2014 - 01:52 PM

One problem with the outfits: They're all coats. I don't want to see a shirt-less Aiden, but they could have expanded a little more. I understand the need for a mask, but nothing else?

Dude, tooooooo much GTA. It's a damn Tommy Gun. Thompson. And call me a gun nerd and sh*t, but that's general knowledge.

Officer620
  • Officer620

Federal Agent

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 April 2014 - 02:04 PM

One problem with the outfits: They're all coats. I don't want to see a shirt-less Aiden, but they could have expanded a little more. I understand the need for a mask, but nothing else?

It's cold in Chicago ;)

Cheers!

Dbns_Finest
  • Dbns_Finest

"Did I ever tell you the definition of insanity?"

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 20 April 2014 - 02:06 PM

This one is awesome

aidensignature_1920x1080.jpg

It does look awesome, hopefully this is not an special edition/exclusive outfit but I have feeling it is :(

Th3MaN1
  • Th3MaN1

Big Homie

• Members
  • Romania
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 20 April 2014 - 02:14 PM

It's cold in Chicago ;)

Cheers!

Well, I ain't gonna complain with the FIB, so okay...

Why So Serious
  • Why So Serious

Rat

• Members

Posted 20 April 2014 - 02:20 PM

Can't f*cking wait till this game drops and crushes V to bits. Anybody else here buying this game for the PS4 ?

I hope you don't mean in sales. :D

Well that too but I really want Watch Dogs to just destroy GTA V in general. Like with the graphics, gameplay, etc. And then see the many people jump on the Watch Dogs bandwagon.
Lol :lol: it will take the entire WD franchise to beat GTA5 alone in terms of Sales and Receptions...WD will be great but i am sure it wouldnt get a 97% Metacritic Rating (not even WD2) or even beat V's Historic Record....although the Game has superior graphics and features than V....

Could win most GOTY awards. That's something GTA couldn't win since III. 
Ahahahahahahahahahaha :lol: are you serious?

Side Note:Lolol okay,you must be joking right?
Last of Us got over 200 while grad 5 literally got only like 10.

PhilosophicalZebra
  • PhilosophicalZebra

Eh.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 20 April 2014 - 02:24 PM Edited by PhilosophicalZebra, 20 April 2014 - 02:25 PM.

Okay, maybe I'm being blind here, but when I go on uPlay to order the uPlay exclusive edition, the only versions of the game they have is the Standard Edition. My question is, is uPlay's standard edition the same as uPlay exclusive edition? I'm confused. If not, I can't find a link to it anywhere.

OnceAgainYoungFitzpatrick
  • OnceAgainYoungFitzpatrick

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 April 2014 - 02:38 PM

I don't want this game to beat GTA V, and neither should any of you. Not because I'm afraid that the mighty GTA franchise will be overthrown, but because THIS IS NOT GTA.

GTA have been ruling the Entire Openworld/Sandbox,Action-Adventure,Crime Genre for over 13 years now (since 2001's GTA3) so it impossible for a new next-gen OWG IP to dethrone it and also escape from not being labelled or listed as a "GTA Clone"...although like i said numerous times before WD would give GTA a very hard time in terms of Gameplay Features and Innovations,atleast a new game or clone always does somethings better...For example,Mortal Kombat and Tekken were born at a time were SF rules the fighting genre but now it a 3 Master Genre infact Tekken outdo the other two although this wont be the same for the OWG cus of GTA and it Everlasting Impact and Receptions...but hey an OWG were every NPCs are advanced and you can hack sh*t tons of things,that something interesting and innovative.Marty Sliva from IGN during IGN's Pax East conference said (quotes) "Watch-Dogs Fails when it tries to be like GTA or Revolutionary as GTA3 but it succeed when it separates itself and be unique"...It will take not just WD (but 10 WD games) to beat V's Metacritic Rating or Records (GTA) but tbh i am not trying to be extreme here or Funny it just the fact and even haters of GTA will agree with that...but well i cant wait for it to be released i am so hyped (and thank God it after my exams lol) :)...

You've been warned twice already to stop derailing threads with your blind GTA love, and yet you continue to do it. It's a miracle you're still on this forum. I can't even read this post without wanting to puke.

Anyway, I thought the Aiden outfit with the top hat looked the best out of all the outfits. Aiden in a gangster/mob outfit is pure win.

• PhilosophicalZebra likes this

The Shadow
  • The Shadow

Foot Soldier

• GTAF Crew
  • Greece

Posted 20 April 2014 - 02:45 PM

Okay, maybe I'm being blind here, but when I go on uPlay to order the uPlay exclusive edition, the only versions of the game they have is the Standard Edition. My question is, is uPlay's standard edition the same as uPlay exclusive edition? I'm confused. If not, I can't find a link to it anywhere.

Here ya go.

http://shop.ubi.com/...ctID.289156800#

PhilosophicalZebra
  • PhilosophicalZebra

Eh.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 20 April 2014 - 03:17 PM Edited by PhilosophicalZebra, 20 April 2014 - 03:19 PM.

Here ya go.

http://shop.ubi.com/...ctID.289156800#

See. that's the problem. When I click on any link it redirects to the Canadian uPlay, which apparently doesn't yield the pre order bonuses. What can I do?

I don't want this game to beat GTA V, and neither should any of you. Not because I'm afraid that the mighty GTA franchise will be overthrown, but because THIS IS NOT GTA.

GTA have been ruling the Entire Openworld/Sandbox,Action-Adventure,Crime Genre for over 13 years now (since 2001's GTA3) so it impossible for a new next-gen OWG IP to dethrone it and also escape from not being labelled or listed as a "GTA Clone"...although like i said numerous times before WD would give GTA a very hard time in terms of Gameplay Features and Innovations,atleast a new game or clone always does somethings better...For example,Mortal Kombat and Tekken were born at a time were SF rules the fighting genre but now it a 3 Master Genre infact Tekken outdo the other two although this wont be the same for the OWG cus of GTA and it Everlasting Impact and Receptions...but hey an OWG were every NPCs are advanced and you can hack sh*t tons of things,that something interesting and innovative.Marty Sliva from IGN during IGN's Pax East conference said (quotes) "Watch-Dogs Fails when it tries to be like GTA or Revolutionary as GTA3 but it succeed when it separates itself and be unique"...It will take not just WD (but 10 WD games) to beat V's Metacritic Rating or Records (GTA) but tbh i am not trying to be extreme here or Funny it just the fact and even haters of GTA will agree with that...but well i cant wait for it to be released i am so hyped (and thank God it after my exams lol) :)...

Where do you go to university? You're clearly not a native English speaker, but you use distinctly British terms in your comments.

EDIT: Yay, 1,000 posts!  :beerhat: 

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 April 2014 - 03:41 PM Edited by Blood-Is-in-Diamond, 20 April 2014 - 03:45 PM.

@OAYFitzPatrick
If you notice,i have been on topic since i got a warning not to mention GTA alot on this thread,I dont know who brought it up again,but if i can remember i was replying back to the guy who was saying about WD crushing GTA5,and also to Redx and Th3MaN1...atleast i wasnt did one who brought it up again,and it civil it nt like it causing a flamewar or anything...

@PhilosophicalZebra
I am not a native European or white person,i am a 20 year old Black Irish Guy,lol (i am too f*cking obvious)...
And no i dont go to University (not yet) but i am in a College-sort of Education (i guess you are still young to know it until you have finish your 2ndry School or later stage :)).

@Th3MaN1
Lol bro i havent play the game in almost 2 months...but yeah the GTA equivalent to it "Gussenberg Sweeper" is stuck to my head lol ;)...

@The Odyssey
Lol i was going to reply back to you but i was busy doing something,but anyways, GTA have also got the VGA GoTY Awards 3 times in it 17 years History and that with SA in 2004,IV in 2008 and the VGX GoTY Award in 2013 with V...

Mista J
  • Mista J

I can't wait to show you my toys...

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 April 2014 - 03:55 PM

The first outfit made me think of this

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

We're born with nothing and we die alone

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States

Posted 20 April 2014 - 04:46 PM

Some outfits:

Spoiler

Most of those look terrible. Hopefully the modding community can get us some better outfits. Or let us play as Batman :D

SteXmaN
  • SteXmaN

Prankster

• Members

Posted 20 April 2014 - 04:56 PM Edited by SteXmaN, 20 April 2014 - 04:57 PM.

Some outfits:

Spoiler

Most of those look terrible. Hopefully the modding community can get us some better outfits. Or let us play as Batman :D

Same here,i prefer the "default" outfit but i have to see the other ones in-game.

Thompson one looks bad ass though,perfect for blending in :p

• RyanBurnsRed likes this

SteXmaN
  • SteXmaN

Prankster

• Members

Posted 20 April 2014 - 06:01 PM Edited by SteXmaN, 20 April 2014 - 06:12 PM.

Exactly.Many previewers said that it just doesn't feel like GTA,game has totally different tone and premise.

I'm really curios how complex the reputation system is and how does it work.You start as mysterious vigilante but as the game progresses media will report your actions, how and what you did in the city.They said that some NPCs will think that you are a good guy and if they see you ,lets say in a shootout they will think that you are "fighting for the greater good" and they will not call the cops.I'm interested can you make almost every NPC behave like that or does it depend in what area of the city you are located in and does the every area have different type of NPC behaviour.Will they recognize and greet you on the streets,will they help you somehow.

Also if you have bad reputation,will they attack or get scared of you?How will that benefit Aiden in that type of scenario.I hope they will give us more info and maybe a gameplay presentation about that.

It's gonna be exciting week :)

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 April 2014 - 07:22 PM Edited by Blood-Is-in-Diamond, 20 April 2014 - 07:34 PM.

I guess it a modern AC with Hacking and Guns,cool :) (Hope they dont milkfest this aswell even though they said there is a 10-Years Plan for Watch-Dogs)...And yeah true it will be more than Exciting it will be GREAT :)...

Side Note:Someone at the IGN's Pax East Conference said that the Driving is Terrible and instead of you manually driving a car yourself like in GTA or any other OWGs,Aiden's AI automatically enters the car and start driving without the player's control (God i was worried when i heard that) hope it a Glitch though...

SteXmaN
  • SteXmaN

Prankster

• Members

Posted 20 April 2014 - 09:43 PM

That's really strange,can you share the link? Just re-watched some driving gameplay and it seems like the player is in the full control,why would they do that :/

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 April 2014 - 10:24 PM Edited by Blood-Is-in-Diamond, 20 April 2014 - 10:34 PM.

That's really strange,can you share the link? Just re-watched some driving gameplay and it seems like the player is in the full control,why would they do that :/

It a very long video posted by IGN,you have to watch it to the end,but i will try look for the sequence so you could just skip to the part of video...Here is the video,watch from 51:40 to 54:03:

SteXmaN
  • SteXmaN

Prankster

• Members

Posted 20 April 2014 - 10:36 PM Edited by SteXmaN, 20 April 2014 - 10:55 PM.

I just can't type right now, page froze so i took a SS xD

7tMx2ok.png

He spent 3 hours with the game and the only thing he noticed and pointed out is that he had multiple ways to approach a mission.

He didn't mention anything about the driving  :/

Again,it's IGN,they don't have a clue about games how can i respect their opinion when this happens

1gfwYGI.png

wtf xD

Why So Serious
  • Why So Serious

Rat

• Members

Posted 20 April 2014 - 10:48 PM Edited by Why So Serious, 20 April 2014 - 10:49 PM.

I guess it a modern AC with Hacking and Guns,cool :) (Hope they dont milkfest this aswell even though they said there is a 10-Years Plan for Watch-Dogs)...And yeah true it will be more than Exciting it will be GREAT :)...

Side Note:Someone at the IGN's Pax East Conference said that the Driving is Terrible and instead of you manually driving a car yourself like in GTA or any other OWGs,Aiden's AI automatically enters the car and start driving without the player's control (God i was worried when i heard that) hope it a Glitch though...

Didn't Jimmy Fallon control the car while the game was shown on late night

Zancudo
  • Zancudo

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • Poland

Posted 20 April 2014 - 10:55 PM

OMG, he never said anything about "automatic driving". He wasn't even talking about driving. What's wrong with you?

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 April 2014 - 10:56 PM Edited by Blood-Is-in-Diamond, 20 April 2014 - 11:05 PM.

@StexMan
Lololol Sorry i could concetrate when watching it last week,i was laughing my brain out,just because of the Gay Kiss :lol: IGN are Hilarious and yeah unreliable sometimes :)...

@Why So Serious

Yeah that was before the game was delayed,but things could have change overtime (hope the Driving is better though) cus it was like Saints Row 's Driving Mechanics, here is the video again btw:

(If that video i just linked have been posted before,then i am sorry,cus i didnt know)

@Zancudo
Lol that GAY KISS was just so Cracking,i couldnt focus any longer when watching the video...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users