Quantcast

» «
Photo

Watch Dogs

6,632 replies to this topic

Poll: On which platform are you gonna buy Watch_Dogs? (512 member(s) have cast votes)

On which platform are you gonna buy Watch_Dogs?

1. PC (132 votes [25.78%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 25.78%

2. Playstation 3 (63 votes [12.30%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 12.30%

3. Playstation 4 (116 votes [22.66%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 22.66%

4. Wii U (1 votes [0.20%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 0.20%

5. Xbox 360 (50 votes [9.77%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 9.77%

6. Xbox One (40 votes [7.81%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.81%

7. I'm not gonna buy Watch_Dogs (110 votes [21.48%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 21.48%

How would you rate Watch_Dogs?

1. 10 (19 votes [6.42%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.42%

2. 9 (31 votes [10.47%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.47%

3. 8 (74 votes [25.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

4. 7 (59 votes [19.93%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 19.93%

5. 6 (38 votes [12.84%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 12.84%

6. 5 (22 votes [7.43%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.43%

7. 4 (11 votes [3.72%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.72%

8. 3 (4 votes [1.35%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.35%

9. 2 (8 votes [2.70%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.70%

10. 1 (30 votes [10.14%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.14%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Testarossa
  • Testarossa

Pick any number, choose any color

• The Connection
  • Mexico
  • Worst Ferrari
    Best Concept DLC 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Draw Contest Winner 2016

Posted 30 March 2014 - 02:08 AM

Ugh, Chicago looks so good it hurts.

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

We're born with nothing and we die alone

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States

Posted 30 March 2014 - 02:57 AM

Is Watch_dogs set in the same universe as Assasin's creed? I know far cry 3 is but what about this game?

How is FC3 related to AC?

CatDog96
  • CatDog96

Dayman

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 30 March 2014 - 03:08 AM

they are cousins

redx165
  • redx165

Making the GTA fanboys dance

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 30 March 2014 - 05:02 AM

Is Watch_dogs set in the same universe as Assasin's creed? I know far cry 3 is but what about this game?

Both had graphic downgrades that were shown at E3. 

SoftTouch
  • SoftTouch

Lone Wolf

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 30 March 2014 - 05:29 AM Edited by SoftTouch, 30 March 2014 - 05:30 AM.

@LSPD
okay even after saying great things about the game which you dont seem to acknowledge okay i will stop mention GTA on this thread then :) but what about Saints Row and Mafia? lol ;)

and yeah about the GTA5 PC port,i am sure they will release it but like i said before a game that is already Mega Successful (sales and revenue) does it still need a PC port? for me i will say yes and no (but i am too tired to explain i am playing GTAO right now) sorry.

You just said you'd stop. Duh..

Johan
  • Johan

Free The Future

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Dominican-Republic
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA]

Posted 30 March 2014 - 05:30 AM

btw IV was the first game to have that in the Openworld Genre ;)

Please, stop already.

what? i didnt mention GTA i only said IV and "GTA Clone" so pls allow it :p

Seriously lol, last time I checked this thread was over 24 hours ago and you were already on that last page mentioning how they copied R*'s trailer.

I come back and here you are mentioning GTA again, knock it off.

Anyway like I said before, game looks great and thanks to whoever posted those twitter screenshots, glad to see that they won't take the story WAY too serious and add a little bit of "fun" just hoping there aren't zombies or aliens that have been outdone way too many times this generation.

• JBanton, PhilosophicalZebra and Detective Phelps like this

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States

Posted 30 March 2014 - 08:27 AM

Both had graphic downgrades that were shown at E3. 

they are cousins

Haha =P

I honestly think they aren't related as people say. I think they're just simple easter eggs until proven otherwise.

Dbns_Finest
  • Dbns_Finest

"Did I ever tell you the definition of insanity?"

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 30 March 2014 - 08:34 AM

I hoping the ps3 version will be simillar to the next gen versions (hopefully only the graphics will be downgraded) I'm worried the ps3 version will have bad framerate and features missing
  • Detective Phelps likes this

Detective Phelps
  • Detective Phelps

F*ck the 4th amendment!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA V section - Reporting]

Posted 30 March 2014 - 08:55 AM

I hoping the ps3 version will be simillar to the next gen versions (hopefully only the graphics will be downgraded) I'm worried the ps3 version will have bad framerate and features missing

The only difference will be the graphics and the maximum amount of peds that can be on the screen.

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

By: Blood-Is-in-Diamond or BiiD

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 March 2014 - 09:46 AM

I would imagine the graphics will be on par with that little superb PS4 game cough (Infamous) cough ;)

GTA3Rockstar
  • GTA3Rockstar

--------------------

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Lifetime Achievement Award
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 30 March 2014 - 09:54 AM

I would imagine the graphics will be on par with that little superb PS4 game cough (Infamous) cough ;)

I still think Ryse looks better.

Anyways, can it hurry up and release!

Detective Phelps
  • Detective Phelps

F*ck the 4th amendment!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 March 2014 - 09:57 AM

You can sleep in the game (probably in safehouses):

http://www.dualshock...re-info-shared/

We save dynamically every progress you make so you never lose anything you have accomplished. Then we do have places to sleep…

There will not be any microtransactions (unlike GTAV):

NO! We don’t use this to advance faster or any of that. This just doesn’t fit at all with WD. So no Free-to-Play model here.

Some more news:

http://www.dualshock...before-release/

Moving on to gameplay, we get to know a few different elements:

• An animation has been added for Aiden to open doors actually using his hands, while before he just ran into them.
  • You can buy different set of clothes but not mix and match different parts.
  • The “Easy” difficulty setting is indeed quite easy, but there’s a “Realist” one that is quite brutal but still fair for hardcore gamers. Moving from cover to cover while you’re in sight is “almost suicidal.”
  • The bandana covering Aiden’s face is automatic when you pull out your gun.
  • Recharging time for Aiden’s cellphone battery will depend on progression (perks). It recharges over time.
  • Jumping out of a car at high speed will be represented with a “dynamic blend” of rag-doll physics and scripted animations.
  • Th3MaN1 likes this

Emmi
  • Emmi

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 March 2014 - 10:26 AM

Moving on to gameplay, we get to know a few different elements:

• An animation has been added for Aiden to open doors actually using his hands, while before he just ran into them.
  • You can buy different set of clothes but not mix and match different parts.
  • The “Easy” difficulty setting is indeed quite easy, but there’s a “Realist” one that is quite brutal but still fair for hardcore gamers. Moving from cover to cover while you’re in sight is “almost suicidal.”
  • The bandana covering Aiden’s face is automatic when you pull out your gun.
  • Recharging time for Aiden’s cellphone battery will depend on progression (perks). It recharges over time.
  • Jumping out of a car at high speed will be represented with a “dynamic blend” of rag-doll physics and scripted animations.

Sounds like some good information.

Detective Phelps
  • Detective Phelps

F*ck the 4th amendment!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 March 2014 - 10:43 AM

I'm going to play the game on medium on my first story save, and after I finish the story, I'll restart it on "realist" . :p

Good to see that Aiden opens the doors by using his hands, unlike in the 2013 trailers/gameplay where he runs into them. This game is going to be amazing! :)

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 March 2014 - 10:54 AM

@LSPD

I just woke up right (so i cant really see that much) but did i just read UBI say they dont do Micro-transcation like GTAO? or are you the one that say that?

Side Note:Yay :p i am so happy we could sleep now i am loving them Safehouse Interactive (first seeing in that PS3/Xbox 360 game i know but i wont mention) :)

@GTA3Rockstar
I am a big fan of Hack-n-Slash Games,Anyone hear of that flash game Archilles? Damn i was SO addicted to it when i was in Secondary School (Hii School) lol those were the times :)...anyways,I never played Ryse and i dont one XB1 (I have a XB360,PS4 and PC) and i will love to play it,but i cant really tell which is Greater Graphically,but Infamous runs 60fps and 1080p,if i can remember Ryse runs 30fps and 900p (dont get me wrong,i am not trying to start any console wars,but imo Infamous still look Ultra Superb) but well XB1 and PS4 are just 4-5 months into lifecycle and some devs are still learning the hardwares,and that may change over time,maybe 2015/2016 but i have got to say a next-gen GTA or even WD should learn from Deadrising 3 ( i wish i could play it) but when i said DR3,all the gameplay about that game is superb,plus the devs went for quality of quantity (vice versa),The game runs at 900p and 30fps (if i am right) but from many youtube videos i have watched,it the first Open-World game infact Game to have,1000 of NPCs (Zombies in the case of DR3),Everything is SO dynamic,every buildings are openend etc.tbh i personally think the XB1 is as much powerful just like the PS4 (no console war just saying) but that what i hope to see in WD and future OWGs...Infamous had Ultra realistic graphics,game was great but it had little things that make even last-gen OWGs shines and superior, i was expecting:
*1000 peds on screen like DR3
*Enterable buildings like DR3
*The Powers and Superman stuffs gets boring a and repetitive after a while,we dont even have safehouses afterall DR3 with all them zombies going for it still a safehouse.But then the Game pros are:
*The first (maybe 2nd after DR3) OWG to have the Best Graphics/Visuals on a console
*The Best Draw Distances EVER
*Great Story
*Great Gameplay (but gets repetive sometimes like i said before)
*The (5th) OWG after IV,V,Sleeping Dogs and Mafia and RDR/FC3 to have a superb Attention to Detail World and AtD in little things.
ETC...but from the deepest part of my mind i cant wait for Watch-Dogs :)

Detective Phelps
  • Detective Phelps

F*ck the 4th amendment!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 March 2014 - 11:06 AM

@LSPD

I just woke up right (so i cant really see that much) but did i just read UBI say they dont do Micro-transcation like GTAO? or are you the one that say that?

Yes, I said that, in my own words. But Ubi have confirmed that there will be no microtransations for WD. Safe houses are not confirmed, but sleeping is, so we probably have safehouses.

Anyway, half of your post had nothing to do with the game, you should stop going off-topic.

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

32nd President of Los Santos

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 March 2014 - 12:15 PM Edited by FranklinDeRoosevelt, 30 March 2014 - 12:15 PM.

Well thats piss poor then because Ryse isn't even open world, it's just a QTE scripted game. inFamous actually looks better. Better textures, draw distance and lighting and it's open world. Much more impressive.

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

GTA III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLAD, TBoGT and V all 100%

• Members
  • None
  • Best Avatar 2012
    Winner of Euro 2012 Prediction League

Posted 30 March 2014 - 06:06 PM

Haven't played Ryse as I have a PS4 but the only game that I have played on it (PS4) that was made solely for the PS4 was Killzone: Shadow Fall and it looked amazing. Better than what I have seen of Ryse, but then again I have only seen videos of Ryse on the internet.

Spaghetti Cat
  • Spaghetti Cat

Working hard to maintain my sanity.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • US-Virgin-Islands

Posted 30 March 2014 - 06:51 PM

they are cousins

Bowling: CONFIRMED

• YukiEiri, Hodgey., CatDog96 and 1 other like this

ZeeKid2k10
  • ZeeKid2k10

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 30 March 2014 - 06:57 PM

Watch Dogs is looking good as now but Don't on sleep on Rockstar GTA6 in few years is going blow your mind with later tech.

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

GTA III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLAD, TBoGT and V all 100%

• Members
  • None
  • Best Avatar 2012
    Winner of Euro 2012 Prediction League

Posted 30 March 2014 - 07:00 PM

Watch Dogs is looking good as now but Don't on sleep on Rockstar GTA6 in few years is going blow your mind with later tech.

Well to be fair to Watch Dogs you can say that about every game. In a few years time when companies are pushing the PS4 and XboxOne to it's limits the games coming out around this time will start to llok a little worse for wear.

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States

Posted 31 March 2014 - 02:11 AM

Well to be fair to Watch Dogs you can say that about every game. In a few years time when companies are pushing the PS4 and XboxOne to it's limits the games coming out around this time will start to llok a little worse for wear.

I feel AAA titles are already pushing the limits of both consoles.

There's nothing to really learn about this generation's architecture, so developers are not holding back.

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

Bang Bang, Skeet Skeet

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 March 2014 - 03:50 AM

Blume are mentioned in an E-Mail in AC4, but Ubisoft have confirmed that they are not in the same universe.

Kind of disappointing. They missed a big opportunity there if you ask me. 

Detective Phelps
  • Detective Phelps

F*ck the 4th amendment!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 March 2014 - 06:29 AM

Blume are mentioned in an E-Mail in AC4, but Ubisoft have confirmed that they are not in the same universe.

Kind of disappointing. They missed a big opportunity there if you ask me. 

Yeah. I thought that they were in the same universe until Ubi said otherwise.

It would be awesome to play as a modern day assassin.

GTA3Rockstar
  • GTA3Rockstar

--------------------

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Lifetime Achievement Award
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 31 March 2014 - 07:32 AM

Well thats piss poor then because Ryse isn't even open world, it's just a QTE scripted game. inFamous actually looks better. Better textures, draw distance and lighting and it's open world. Much more impressive.

Well that's your opinion but that's what I see. :)

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

• BUSTED!

Posted 31 March 2014 - 02:33 PM

Don't get me wrong, I'm not in any way saying it looks bad. Of course it doesn't. I'm just saying Ryse isn't open world game, therefore it is easier to work with the graphics. inFamous is open world, it has to process so much information, yet it looks visually stunning. That is all I'm saying :)

SoftTouch
  • SoftTouch

Lone Wolf

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 31 March 2014 - 05:59 PM

page 69, heh.

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 March 2014 - 06:05 PM

Don't get me wrong, I'm not in any way saying it looks bad. Of course it doesn't. I'm just saying Ryse isn't open world game, therefore it is easier to work with the graphics. inFamous is open world, it has to process so much information, yet it looks visually stunning. That is all I'm saying :)

True,but Infamous is still linear in that we can access (enter) any buildings or have a safehouse unlike DR3 but yeah that game is undeniably "True Next-Gen" Gorgeous :)

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

• BUSTED!

Posted 31 March 2014 - 06:06 PM

http://www.examiner....am-history-more

I don't know if I'm the only one that noticed it now but ccroll down, and there's a screenshot that actually shows people playing far cry: blood dragon on an arcade machine! Nice touch Ubi!

Dutch Psycho
  • Dutch Psycho

TETTEN! :-)

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 March 2014 - 09:01 PM Edited by Dutch Psycho, 31 March 2014 - 09:04 PM.

NVM

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users