Quantcast

» «
Photo

Watch Dogs

6,632 replies to this topic

Poll: On which platform are you gonna buy Watch_Dogs? (513 member(s) have cast votes)

On which platform are you gonna buy Watch_Dogs?

1. PC (132 votes [25.73%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 25.73%

2. Playstation 3 (64 votes [12.48%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 12.48%

3. Playstation 4 (116 votes [22.61%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 22.61%

4. Wii U (1 votes [0.19%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 0.19%

5. Xbox 360 (50 votes [9.75%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 9.75%

6. Xbox One (40 votes [7.80%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.80%

7. I'm not gonna buy Watch_Dogs (110 votes [21.44%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 21.44%

How would you rate Watch_Dogs?

1. 10 (19 votes [6.40%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.40%

2. 9 (32 votes [10.77%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.77%

3. 8 (74 votes [24.92%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 24.92%

4. 7 (58 votes [19.53%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 19.53%

5. 6 (38 votes [12.79%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 12.79%

6. 5 (23 votes [7.74%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.74%

7. 4 (11 votes [3.70%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.70%

8. 3 (4 votes [1.35%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.35%

9. 2 (8 votes [2.69%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.69%

10. 1 (30 votes [10.10%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.10%

Vote Guests cannot vote
MindCorrupt
  • MindCorrupt

iCorrupt

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 27 October 2013 - 11:55 PM

Probably picking an argument with the wrong person here ROCKGTASTAR lol

ROCKGTASTAR
  • ROCKGTASTAR

Peon

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 12:01 AM

Probably picking an argument with the wrong person here ROCKGTASTAR lol

You know him?

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Administrator
  • Canada

Posted 28 October 2013 - 05:05 AM

What the flying f*ck does any of this have to do with Watchdogs? Get back on topic and quit with the off base flaming or it will be another temp ban.

At the end of the day, you've got to stop emotionally prescribing human motivations to corporate failures. sh*t happens. And I've never pre-ordered a damned thing in my life for that very reason. There's no guarantee for anything in life except for disappointment. So don't set yourselves up for it.

fullmetal5550
  • fullmetal5550

Trick

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 10:01 AM

"I'm not making a comment on the delay, or the implications thereof. I'm not discussing Ubisoft as a company."

No, you're not, but I am. I'm giving you logical reasons why this company doesn't deserve attention and should be ran into the ground along with EA and Activision, if you won't listen to even a fraction of what I am trying to say here then I won't pay full attention to what you say either.

I would say that's fair, wouldn't you? 

Don't pay any attention to Ubisoft. If you want them to go out of business just don't buy their products. You can't force others accept your viewpoint though. 

ROCKGTASTAR
  • ROCKGTASTAR

Peon

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 11:14 AM

Like Otter just said, let's back on topic shall we.

Ferocious Banger
  • Ferocious Banger

Big Homie

• Members
  • India

Posted 28 October 2013 - 01:37 PM

On topic: Watch_Dogs looks and feels ( according to the people who've played it ) bloody brilliant!

ROCKGTASTAR
  • ROCKGTASTAR

Peon

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 03:10 PM

On topic: Watch_Dogs looks and feels ( according to the people who've played it ) bloody brilliant!

Just because I have a sense of humor I will give you this!  :D  :^:  :cookie:

• Ferocious Banger likes this

Grand Theft Savage
  • Grand Theft Savage

'Bout that life

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 October 2013 - 08:19 PM

As I said about 100 pages back (obvious exaggeration), I know a guy that played it in the closed E3 booth. And he claims that it lacks in many areas. He actually suggested that they push the release date so they can work on adding some more stuff, because it didn't have "the freedom that they promised." He also said that there was no melee, only the takedown feature, which was the most disappointing thing to me.

He never said it was bad, though. And he didn't get to see any Multiplayer himself, but promised that it was pretty damn good.

JBanton
  • JBanton

Mr. Nice-Guy...

• Members

Posted 02 November 2013 - 04:41 PM

Grand_Tourer_(Front_Quarter)-WatchDogs.j

Yay Aston Martin?!?

That front bumper looks wack  :barf:

countrymike84
  • countrymike84

honky tonker

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 01:33 AM

I've been watching some of the leaked gameplay and I am starting to think that the whole Watch_Dogs map could possibly the same size as San Andreas in V. The reasoning behind is this: When watching the Gamex demo, wait until 8:35 and count how many seconds until Aiden is across the bridge. That lake that separates the Wards from the Loop is about the same size of the Alamo Sea by appearance and this is just a small section of the map! We still haven't seen what is north of the Loop and south of the Wards. Ubisoft is like R with hiding a lot of areas. Hopefully Ubisoft will open up a little about what is on the map soon. Since the delay, I cancelled my PS3 version and pre-ordered the PS4 version. I have faith that Ubisoft will deliver a great game when it comes time for release and we also get a massive map with jawdropping graphics, awesome radio stations, sweet driving physics, mini-games, etc(all like GTA V.)

Best wishes to Ubi Montreal,

MIke

Crazyeighties
  • Crazyeighties

Your self proclaimed GTA forums DJ!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 November 2013 - 04:31 AM

Watchdogs will be awesome I really think it will be as good as Th e Last Of Us, as for it being delayed I don't mind it will give me a chance to save some money to pay it off like I do with GTA:V. Every week after payday I would budget my spending for the week an after what I had left after setting aside what I needed for bills, my entertainment budget would go to paying on the game.

UtricularEwe001
  • UtricularEwe001

I am a Pirate

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 November 2013 - 09:18 AM

I've been watching some of the leaked gameplay and I am starting to think that the whole Watch_Dogs map could possibly the same size as San Andreas in V. The reasoning behind is this: When watching the Gamex demo, wait until 8:35 and count how many seconds until Aiden is across the bridge. That lake that separates the Wards from the Loop is about the same size of the Alamo Sea by appearance and this is just a small section of the map! We still haven't seen what is north of the Loop and south of the Wards. Ubisoft is like R with hiding a lot of areas. Hopefully Ubisoft will open up a little about what is on the map soon. Since the delay, I cancelled my PS3 version and pre-ordered the PS4 version. I have faith that Ubisoft will deliver a great game when it comes time for release and we also get a massive map with jawdropping graphics, awesome radio stations, sweet driving physics, mini-games, etc(all like GTA V.)

Best wishes to Ubi Montreal,
MIke

Maybe you should post the leaked video. Until then this is all bullsh*t.

And didn't ubisoft show the whole map?

Ferocious Banger
  • Ferocious Banger

Big Homie

• Members
  • India

Posted 09 November 2013 - 04:59 PM

^No they haven't.

The__Phoenix
  • The__Phoenix

aka bud23

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 November 2013 - 05:33 PM

I've been watching some of the leaked gameplay and I am starting to think that the whole Watch_Dogs map could possibly the same size as San Andreas in V. 

No way. Have you read this news?

Watch Dogs creative director Jonathan Morin wouldn't speak to the exact size of Watch Dogs' Chicago map, but promised that its environment would offer a "huge density".

One thing I wanted to promote with Watch Dogs was density, a lot more than scale,"

"[In Watch Dogs] you can stand still and profile people for ten minutes - you're playing without moving, almost. I think that's even more important to me than just adding size to it. I don't want size just becoming a space between A and B. We have a huge world but it's more about the density."

-Comparison with V´s map

"GTA5 has a huge world but it has flying, it has jets so it serves that purpose. You don't have a jet unless you have the space to fly into. Us, we have huge density, so if we double or triple the scale then you're going to start hitting repetition because we wanted to aim for the density first. We wanted the game to be the right size for that density, so it's a matter of balancing what you want to achieve."

Density, that's all that matters. 

http://www.eurogamer...-to-gta5s-scale

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 17 November 2013 - 10:09 PM

I'm thinking of getting this game. It looks interesting so far.

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

32nd President of Los Santos

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 November 2013 - 10:12 PM

It will be amazing on the next gen, but utter sh*t on the current gen.

JBanton
  • JBanton

Mr. Nice-Guy...

• Members

Posted 22 November 2013 - 09:53 PM

In shades of TBoGT;

Aiden_Pearce_-_Gold_D50-WatchDogs.jpg
  • Mr. Sleepy likes this

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 November 2013 - 11:05 PM

^

That's definitely next gen or PC. Clearly. I'm impressed if it's on PC or next gen, because it won't make much of a difference anymore.

UtricularEwe001
  • UtricularEwe001

I am a Pirate

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 November 2013 - 05:27 AM

Remember, Ubisoft's are the Master's of bullshots. If you think, that is in-game, you are going to be very disappointed.

JBanton
  • JBanton

Mr. Nice-Guy...

• Members

Posted 23 November 2013 - 08:45 AM Edited by JBanton, 23 November 2013 - 08:48 AM.

Remember, Ubisoft's are the Master's of bullshots. If you think, that is in-game, are going to be very disappointed.

Loving the pessimism bro. It's a UPlay DLC;

http://uplay.ubi.com...game/watch-dogs

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

I shall revoke the throne, atop the stellar tree

• European-Union
  • Contribution Award [D&D, General Chat]
    Most Knowledgeable [Vehicles] 2013
    Best Debater 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011

Posted 23 November 2013 - 11:38 AM

Remember, Ubisoft's are the Master's of bullshots. If you think, that is in-game, are going to be very disappointed.

Loving the pessimism bro. It's a UPlay DLC;

http://uplay.ubi.com...game/watch-dogs

Indeed, seems he's never played on a PC before. FC3 actually looks better on my system then it did in most of the advertising content.

UtricularEwe001
  • UtricularEwe001

I am a Pirate

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 November 2013 - 12:30 PM

Loving the pessimism bro. It's a UPlay DLC;http://uplay.ubi.com...game/watch-dogs

Indeed, seems he's never played on a PC before. FC3 actually looks better on my system then it did in most of the advertising content.

Yes, of course I have never played on PC, so what?

Most of the PS3/360 bullshots never looked anything like it when I played on my PS3/360. It "may" be same to Xbone/PS4. I may be blind but I am pretty sure I did not see "In-game footage" writing on this particular screenshot.

And :
http://www.dsogaming...mance-analysis/

JBanton
  • JBanton

Mr. Nice-Guy...

• Members

Posted 23 November 2013 - 02:50 PM Edited by JBanton, 23 November 2013 - 02:50 PM.

Oops, I think I misunderstood that like a fool. I thought he was referring to the gun not being in-game, not the graphics :p

Apologies fellas :|

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 November 2013 - 03:03 PM

Yes it could be bull-shot, but look how they have optimized every AC game on the consoles. I think Watch Dogs will be "truly" utilised on the next gen as well as the PC platform. I don't remember the last time any of the AC games looked good on the PC.

countrymike84
  • countrymike84

honky tonker

• Members

Posted 28 November 2013 - 04:16 PM

Hurricane confirmed that there will be lakes and rivers in the countryside of the map of Chicago of the game. I'm starting to think that there could be animals now in the game due to the delay...they could be adding a little and then polishing those new items like R did with V when it was delayed. I do believe some of those captures are bull-shot but you all have seen the PS4 demos of the game. You know how awesome it will look. Hopefully we will get more news about WD soon.

Mista J
  • Mista J

I can't wait to show you my toys...

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 November 2013 - 08:07 PM

Ubisoft are full of crap though, compare Far Cry 3 from E3 and then look at the retail version.

Mr. Sleepy
  • Mr. Sleepy

Infamous

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 28 November 2013 - 08:29 PM

Ubisoft are full of crap though, compare Far Cry 3 from E3 and then look at the retail version.

Compare Grand Theft Auto V from first screenshots and trailers and then look at the retail version.

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 November 2013 - 08:51 PM

^

GTA V trailer 1 looks way worse than the retail version. Trailer 2 looked almost similar. Trailer 3 did as well. And the final trailer too. Some of the screenshots maybe have been bullshotted, but not every screenshot. Either from next gen or PC.

Conservative
  • Conservative

CC Movement

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 November 2013 - 09:07 PM

Compare Grand Theft Auto V from first screenshots and trailers and then look at the retail version.

GTA V looks better than it did in video...

Mr. Sleepy
  • Mr. Sleepy

Infamous

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 28 November 2013 - 10:57 PM Edited by Sleepy187., 29 November 2013 - 12:40 AM.

I beg to differ, personally I saw the trailers better than the end product, and for the love of God, turn on your console, go to this link, revisit the locations and make the comparisons.

http://www.rockstarg...m/V/screenshots

There's no way the game looks as clear as those screenshots.

Especially when I'm in Vinewood or whatever, so many jaggies, so much aliasing, don't fool yourself, you know it's true.

Edit: 1l6aR.png

There you go, a raw screen-shot, now please point to me a screenshot released by R* that looks as awful as that picture.

Edit 2: I saw some screenshots which do have jaggies and aliasing, but no as bad as this one. I'm going to retract 'half' of my statement so to say. :)

Let's not derail the thread furthermore.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users