Quantcast

» «
Photo

Watch Dogs

6,391 replies to this topic

Poll: On which platform are you gonna buy Watch_Dogs? (399 member(s) have cast votes)

On which platform are you gonna buy Watch_Dogs?

1. PC (109 votes [27.32%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 27.32%

2. Playstation 3 (51 votes [12.78%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 12.78%

3. Playstation 4 (85 votes [21.30%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 21.30%

4. Wii U (1 votes [0.25%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 0.25%

5. Xbox 360 (43 votes [10.78%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.78%

6. Xbox One (35 votes [8.77%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 8.77%

7. I'm not gonna buy Watch_Dogs (75 votes [18.80%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 18.80%

How would you rate Watch_Dogs?

1. 10 (16 votes [8.89%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 8.89%

2. 9 (22 votes [12.22%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 12.22%

3. 8 (52 votes [28.89%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 28.89%

4. 7 (31 votes [17.22%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 17.22%

5. 6 (24 votes [13.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 13.33%

6. 5 (12 votes [6.67%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.67%

7. 4 (3 votes [1.67%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.67%

8. 3 (1 votes [0.56%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 0.56%

9. 2 (7 votes [3.89%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.89%

10. 1 (12 votes [6.67%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.67%

Vote Guests cannot vote
ROCKGTASTAR
  • ROCKGTASTAR

Peon

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 04:35 PM Edited by ROCKGTASTAR, 24 October 2013 - 04:38 PM.

What's a car got anything to do with a game company that has back peddled after opening their big yap like this?

mpu_Two_Months_Are_Enough_For_GTA_V_Says

_come to Chicago next year...

You think PR's stunts like this are good do you? I think it's a fine example that shows how childish some of these AAA developers really are. It's especially pathetic when they don't put there money where their mouth is.

There's an old saying that if you can't take the heat then you should probably not start the fire.

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Thou shalt not commit logical fallacies

• United-Kingdom

Posted 24 October 2013 - 04:41 PM

If you don't understand such a simple analogy, no wonder your responses are completely incomprehensible.

How about another example- would you try to lecture people on how bad a restaurant was if you never went there, never ate a meal from there, never knew anyone who ate a meal from there, and knew the restaurant wasn't actually built yet? No, you wouldn't, because doing so is stupid. Extrapolate to your criticisms of an unreleased product you've never actually played.

ROCKGTASTAR
  • ROCKGTASTAR

Peon

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 04:50 PM Edited by ROCKGTASTAR, 24 October 2013 - 04:59 PM.

More irrelevant rubbish that has absolutely nothing to do with how Ubisoft has ALREADY back peddled from their challenge, you're completely dancing round these facts, again I fail to see what a food restaurant has to do with a game company who has challenged another developer, supposedly 2 to 3 months before the game's official release, only to then say in a month before the game is supposed to be released that it's not actually ready?

You telling me that you actually believe a single word of this?

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

• United-Kingdom

Posted 24 October 2013 - 05:02 PM

You fail to understand my argument either because you are being deliberately obtuse, or you really are that unaware of the fallacious rubbish you've spewed across two threads now.

I'm not making a comment on the delay, or the implications thereof. I'm not discussing Ubisoft as a company.

I am simply stating that making judgements on the quality of a product you have no first hand experience of is utterly moronic, as is pretending your opinions are facts.

ROCKGTASTAR
  • ROCKGTASTAR

Peon

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 05:26 PM Edited by ROCKGTASTAR, 24 October 2013 - 05:30 PM.

Just like how you are pretending that your opinions are facts? For example, prejudging someones sense of taste as well as expecting it to match up with with the taste of your own or with what you state is also incredibly moronic as well as astoundingly ignorant.

You say I'm the one who's being too quick to judge, yet here's you predetermining my sense of taste in video games? 

You're the very definition of a bandwagon jumper.

ROCKGTASTAR
  • ROCKGTASTAR

Peon

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 05:41 PM Edited by ROCKGTASTAR, 24 October 2013 - 05:47 PM.

"I'm not making a comment on the delay, or the implications thereof. I'm not discussing Ubisoft as a company."

No, you're not, but I am. I'm giving you logical reasons why this company doesn't deserve attention and should be ran into the ground along with EA and Activision, if you won't listen to even a fraction of what I am trying to say here then I won't pay full attention to what you say either.

I would say that's fair, wouldn't you? 

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

• United-Kingdom

Posted 24 October 2013 - 07:33 PM Edited by sivispacem, 24 October 2013 - 07:34 PM.

"I'm not making a comment on the delay, or the implications thereof. I'm not discussing Ubisoft as a company."

No, you're not, but I am. I'm giving you logical reasons why this company doesn't deserve attention and should be ran into the ground along with EA and Activision, if you won't listen to even a fraction of what I am trying to say here then I won't pay full attention to what you say either.

I would say that's fair, wouldn't you?

You're not giving logical reasons, you're giving your opinion based on your subjective experience. By the logic you're employing here, everyone should go out and buy everything Ubisoft has ever made because I happen to have enjoyed the three Ubisoft titles I've bought in the last couple of years, and that automatically means they must be somewhere between £200-a-bottle single malt and three hours aboard a private yacht with four strippers and a kilo of coke on the oh-my-god-it's-so-awesome rating.

We've all listened to what you have to say. You've not told us why Ubisoft doesn't deserve our money, you've told us why you think Ubisoft doesn't deserve our money. We've respectfully disagreed, and pointed out this discrepency to you, at which point you've repeated yourself ad nauseum until such a point as which you've effectively ceased to make not only a point, but any sense.

Just like how you are pretending that your opinions are facts? For example, prejudging someones sense of taste as well as expecting it to match up with with the taste of your own or with what you state is also incredibly moronic as well as astoundingly ignorant.

Where? Would you kindly point out to me a point at which I have presented opinions as if they were facts? Looking back through my own responses the only time I can see at which I could even have vaguely been interpreted to have done so was in reference to a list of games that look better than V on current-generation consoles, and lest we forget you actually agreed with me there?

You say I'm the one who's being too quick to judge, yet here's you predetermining my sense of taste in video games?

I'm not "predetermining" anything, I'm questioning the validity of your statements given that you've made numerous judgements on the gameplay, mechanics and fundamental characteristics of a game you've never actually experienced, which as I've pointed out several times is stupid. It has nothing to do with me estimating your personal tastes and judgement, and everything to do with the fact you keep stating opinions on things that you can't feasibly know about as if they were facts. As I've already said once, I couldn't care less about your opinions. My issue is with you making statements like:

On current gen Watch Dogs looks terrible, there's no debating about that

And

Ubisoft just couldn't handle the fact that people are not as keen this time as they were with the PS3 & Xbox 360, so they downgrade an already mediocre title and then delay it until the next year?

And

The only game there that has replay-ability as well as good visuals is God Of War III

And

The game's been delayed simply because Ubisoft want to get maximum cash with Assassin's Creed IV, not because they want to take their time

All of which range somewhere between opinions and wild stabs in the dark based on...well, nothing as far as I can tell, and all of which are dressed up to look like facts.

You're the very definition of a bandwagon jumper.

Really, that's the best retort you could think of? Okay, what bandwagon have I mounted?

For the last time, don't f*cking double post. It is explicitly against forum rules. There's an edit button for a reason

JBanton
  • JBanton

Mr. Nice-Guy...

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 07:38 AM Edited by JBanton, 25 October 2013 - 07:41 AM.

I'm not a fan of this delay, but can bear it. I need an open world game to fill a gap that I thought GTA V would.

On the plus side, the delay means I only have to buy the next-gen version :)

You've said this in three different forums already! :p Looks like you are extremely excited to buy the next gen version of the game alone.

I only exist on three forums in total, so erm :whuh:

I read a report somewhere that the delays were causing a surge in pre-orders. I guessing releasing WD into a slot clear of GTA V will help Ubisoft reach an audience that can't realise that WD and GTA are two games on the face look similar, but are actually very different.

Oh! Really?

Do you have sauce (source) for that? (surge in pre-order)

When Watch_Dogs was officially delayed, my worst fear was that it would affect considerably the number of pre-orders, and then the sales. Yves Guillemot said that the delay would benefit WD sales and he wasnt wrong, at least for now. Ubi expects at least to sell 6.2 million units worldwide in all the consoles. This sounds very doable considering that WD launches in 6 consoles (PS3,PS4,360,ONE,PC,WIIU) and that there are very high level of pre-orders. VG-CHARTZ, which is the most famous page that tells the number of sales and pre-orders, considers that WD will launch in 37 weeks, that is to say by the end of June if im not wrong. It is important to say that most of the media considers that WD will launch in June 2014 (Gregg Miller, IGN, told today in a video that he expects WD to launch in June) So considering this it is quite logical to say that WD will be at E3 2014, i really think that despite it probably comes out earlier, the game will be for sure at E3 to promote. Ubi is intelligent and knows that E3 is the bigger place for videogames.

Returning to the pre-orders, this week, the numbers grew:

7,400 new pre-orders for PS3, for a total of 56,709             Ranking: #35
8,175 new pre-orders for 360 for a total of 63,990              Ranking: #30
8,228 new pre-orders for ONE for a total of 95,314             Ranking: #17
9,768 new pre-orders for PS4 for a total of 153,569            Ranking: #14

All this numbers are just in USA, and the only game in the rankings with more than 20 weeks till launch is Infamous Second Son, with just 57,562 for PS4. If we consider this, the numbers are very very huge 
So the total number of pre-orders for WD is of: 369,582 just in USA. We are also missing WII U and PC which may be around 30,000 pre orders in USA. So the total just in USA may be about half a million pre-orders and we are 6-8 months away from release, so dont ve surprised if the number of pre-orders worldwide the day of launch reech 3,000,000. That is my prediction, and also that the sales by the first year will reech 10 million in all the consoles worldwide. So it is strange that PS4 pre-orders rised because most of the stores where giving back the money or exchanging them for other game!
So be very happy that the numbers are more than good, and that WD will become a franchise for sure!
Now i can think clear, and if it is about numbers as most of the media said, be sure that the delay will benefit them. Ubisoft was very intelligent to delay the game. Cheers, and hope you guys enjoy of this excellent numbers!   :)
Source: http://www.vgchartz....ders/41567/USA/

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I see nothing but good things for you my boy.

• Members
  • India

Posted 25 October 2013 - 01:23 PM

Fact:

Watch Dogs is on both current gen and next gen both look a damn side better than GTA V.

Did you just say BOTH look better than GTA V? That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever read in my life.

I see you've found the edit button. Why don't you use it to make additions to your initial post rather than double posting?

Anyway, your comment suggests that the limitations on how good W_D can look are based on the platform- that is, GTAV is the best looking a game can possibly be on current generation consoles. Which is just silly, because there are numerous far better looking games. Like Far Cry 3. And Bioshock Infinite. And Crysis 3. And God of War 3. And Uncharted 3. And Heavy Rain. And The Last of Us. And, if I'm honest, Max Payne 3, though that's largely due to the lack of open-world constraints.

What? GTA V looks better than all the games you stated excluding Far Cry 3 and Crysis 3.

UtricularEwe001
  • UtricularEwe001

I am a Pirate

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 October 2013 - 02:09 PM

@Jbanton, that's nice to know! I was bit worried that the delay may hurt them.

Anyway, Did Ubisoft confirm the next gen resolution and frame rate? Is it 1080p/ 60 FPS?

A source would be nice!

DoubleOGJohnson
  • DoubleOGJohnson

Playa

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 05:15 AM

What's a car got anything to do with a game company that has back peddled after opening their big yap like this?

You think PR's stunts like this are good do you? I think it's a fine example that shows how childish some of these AAA developers really are. It's especially pathetic when they don't put there money where their mouth is.

There's an old saying that if you can't take the heat then you should probably not start the fire.

@Jbanton, that's nice to know! I was bit worried that the delay may hurt them.

Anyway, Did Ubisoft confirm the next gen resolution and frame rate? Is it 1080p/ 60 FPS?

A source would be nice!

^^^ LOL at you taking Ubisoft's counter marketing of Rockstar personal. What are you so MAD about? Let me ask you something boy. How much money did you make off of the sales of GTA V? Do you get checks in the mail from Rockstar? What is your position and salary at Rockstar? I don't think you get neither, so if you have no financial stake in GTA V then please sit your angry fanboy monkey ass down. I respect prostitutes more than you, because atleast they get paid by their pimps. You on the other hand, wage war with other developers in Rockstar's name, yet Rockstar isnt giving you sh*t, paying your bills, putting food on your table, or taking care of your family. It's f*cking sad. SMH

Calling for the demise of Activism, Ubisoft, and EA like a complete fanboy, why? So that Rockstar can control the market and be the only one left? You think the video game industry would be healthy with ONE f*cking development company? Boy ole boy, the elevator doesn't go all the way to the top for fanboys. And then you call sivispacem a bandwagoner. Why? Because he wants to play a non-Rockstar game? Is Sivispacem in some kind of f*cking contract with Rockstar that he cant play any other f*cking games? Sivispacem is 2 years in. You just got here 2 months ago kid, you should be observing the vets and asking them advice instead of arguing with them.

Mr. Sleepy
  • Mr. Sleepy

Infamous

• Members
  • Uganda

Posted 26 October 2013 - 08:32 AM

sivispacem got into gaming life? *claphands*

Haha.

Oh well, too bad it got delayed, will wait until it comes out, no rush. It's a definite purchase from me.

ROCKGTASTAR
  • ROCKGTASTAR

Peon

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 01:31 AM Edited by ROCKGTASTAR, 27 October 2013 - 11:14 AM.

DoubleOGJohnson, it's these particular type of answers that I find pathetic. First, you go off spouting that I don't make money of GTA V sales, which is really a pointless argument to make as you obviously already know the answer, which in turn makes this statement completely pointless. I wouldn't say I'm angry as such, but more so annoyed with the current state of creativity in gaming as of late.

Nice to know you respect prostitutes more than me, I respect women in general and I am against sexism. You say I'm waging war, you're a bit extreme aren't you? You sure just love repeating yourself don't you? I heard you the first time when you said it, you don't get money of GTA V's sales. That's not even relevant to the point I made anyway.

It's Activision by the way and yes! I would most definitely would like to call the demise of that company, as it's not about games with them, but marketing, business priorities, limited creativity, reliability on using the same ideas and ripping people off as well as single handily lying to consumers.

As for EA, I hope you're aware that for Rockstar to wage war as you extremely put it would be quite difficult, as I am sure you're aware that EA tried to buy Rockstar Games? In fact they were going to give Rockstar a lot of money for this, though luckily Rockstar declined their offer as they knew, if GTA ever gotten in the hands of EA, it would mean the sad end of them being allowed to be creative anymore. EA would have essentially milked the game on a yearly basis.

Now this is interesting, you claim that I only want Rockstar as the only developer when I have stated no such thing, so thanks for putting words into my mouth. I am on about getting rid of mediocre developers, not good developers like, Rocksteady, Santa Monica, Sucker Punch etc, as they are good, but Ubisoft, EA, Activison? These companies have told none stop lies as well sold original creators down the line and stole their artistic rights, they make some of the most mediocre pieces of interactive entertainment you could ever experience.

As for sivispacem, he stated that he has played through Far Cry 3, 4 times now, which is all well and good. He seems to like it and I won't argue on that, however in my opinion Far Cry 3 is extremely overrated, it's A.I was ridiculously stupid even on hard, it's story was nothing special, as we've seen the whole man get's trapped on forbidden island scenario many times before, the side quests were just bland and poorly thought out in general, especially the ones involving those radio towers.

Far Cry 2, had way more content than Far Cry 3, I mean that's not really what's supposed to happen? You'd expect there to be more content with each sequel? I used to like Ubisoft, I regard Rayman 2: The Great Escape for PS1 one of the best game's I've ever played, so don't say I haven't acknowledge their work. I also regard Assassin's Creed II as one of the best games I've ever played. You make it seem like I hate the company full stop, which is entirely not the case. I don't like them now, but I used to before they sold out and jumped the shark. 

• SonOfLiberty likes this

Secura
  • Secura

Fallen and Reborn

• The Yardies
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 27 October 2013 - 07:20 AM Edited by Secura, 27 October 2013 - 08:31 PM.

Far Cry 2, had way more content than Far Cry 3, I mean that's not really what's supposed to happen? You'd expect there to be more content with each sequel?

No. A game doesn't have to add more content to be better than its predecessor, it just needs to have better mechanics, not necessarily more of them. 

Ferocious Banger
  • Ferocious Banger

Big Homie

• Members
  • India

Posted 27 October 2013 - 07:45 AM

Exactly what is it that makes you hate Watch_Dogs so much, ROCKGTASTAR? 

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

• United-Kingdom

Posted 27 October 2013 - 07:55 AM

I have a great deal of trouble quantifying ROCKSTARGTA's statements about the declining quality of output from Ubisoft and their persistently high ratings from reviewers great and small. I can't find any criticism related to either AC3 or Far Cry 3 which even remotely hints at "not enough to do", which seems to be your central complaint here. It's certainly not my experience or the experience of anyone else I can actually identify. I'm with you that FC2 was a masterpiece, albeit a seriously flawed one, but aside from a slightly less engrossing underlying plot and my personal liking for the dual desert/savannah landscape, FC3 is superior in absolutely every way. It certainly doesn't have less actual content than FC2.

Chemdawg
  • Chemdawg

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 10:19 AM

Damn that delay sucks but if it means a more polished game then no harm done. But i also see this as a sales tactic, obviously they don't want to hurt AC blackflag sales which I think should have been delayed for a long time (even though ubisoft is huge and can crank out AC games yearly I hate when I see a series dropping a new game every year and I wasn't a fan of 3) and they should have no serious competition in spring time 2014. Obviously this game will be compared to GTA or called AC in disguise which is foolish and since where on gta forums look at RDR (personally, up there in my favorites) But i see clear differences between gta and watchdogs and both are (going to be) awesome.

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

• United-Kingdom

Posted 27 October 2013 - 10:49 AM

I really don't think that the intended markets for ACIV and WATCH_DOGS are that similar, though. I've got no interest at all in the Assassin's Creed games but am very keen on the prospect of W_D. Of course you've got the AAA-whores who just buy anything that's new, but I don't think they represent that large a market segment. W_D seems more tailored for people who enjoy the likes of Deus Ex. 

ROCKGTASTAR
  • ROCKGTASTAR

Peon

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 11:11 AM Edited by ROCKGTASTAR, 27 October 2013 - 11:29 AM.

You see now that's funny, because I regard Deus Ex Human Revolution as one of best FPS I've ever played. The amount of freedom and support of different play-styles were just delightful to see in a linear FPS. The hacking, which has more sense of hacking than Watch_Dogs's one button press cinematic sequence, created tension as well as provided the player with bonus rewards. At the moment it looks as if the hacking in Watch_Dogs is all done by just simply pressing one button, it doesn't have the depth that Deus Ex Human Revolution provided.

Not that Deus Ex HR didn't have any cinematic one button press sequences it's self, as there're were many that I could list involving the augmentations alone.

Secura, Assassin's Creed II had way better game mechanics than Assassin's Creed III, it also had a lot less glitches than Assassin's Creed III.

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

• United-Kingdom

Posted 27 October 2013 - 05:03 PM Edited by sivispacem, 27 October 2013 - 05:05 PM.

You see, whilst I really, really enjoyed Human Revolution I thought it lacked the freedom of the original. The city maps were too constrictive and it lacked real meat in the side quests. I also thought it was too short and too focused on a small number of set-piece indoor missions and would have been much better suited to a more open-world-orientated play style. I'll be interested to see what changes they've incorporated in Director's Cut.

The impression from what I've seen of W_D so far is that it isn't the actual initial intrusion that's got the strategic, puzzle aspect about it (like in Deus Ex)- it's what's called in the trade "lateral movement" (one of the reasons I'm particularly interested in the title is because I work for an information security firm, and it's basically our job to respond to attacks against businesses and government organisations and determine whose accessed what, taken what and to where, and how it could be prevented in the future)- that is, how you stitch multiple elements of the hacking experience together (accessing other computers by proxy, that kind of thing). We've not really see much on how skills and perks, if such things exist in the game, affect this, which is why I'm reserving judgement until I've had a chance to play it. I do know, however, that Kaspersky Lab have been working as consultants on the title, offering technical advice about the realism of the hacking element. Given my previous experiences with Kaspersky, I see this as a positive thing.

If you don't really understand what I'm referring to, have a read of the initial brief in this Trend Micro technical paper. That should give you more of an idea what I mean.

ROCKGTASTAR
  • ROCKGTASTAR

Peon

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 05:15 PM Edited by ROCKGTASTAR, 27 October 2013 - 07:00 PM.

In it's current state I think you're reading too much into this Watch_Dogs, comparing it to the diverse complexity of Deus Ex Human Revolution (Though lacking from the first game) W_D is overly simplified, for example to hack something from what was shown in the tech demo, you simply have to press one button and everything else is done for you, which is essentially exactly how Assassin's Creed is designed. Where as the gameplay elements in Deus Ex Revolution had depth, including the hacking, since you needed to be aware of how deep the security is, how complex are the nodes as well as how fast the security system could track you down. To which you're given all sorts of alternatives, such as a worm virus, which slowed down the securities leash, or the nuke virus which essentially hacks the device for you. As I explained above, you were given awards for various hacks, so experimenting with the hacking mechanics were very beneficial in the long run.

Plus, from what I've seen, unlike Deus Ex, W_D doesn't particularly allow different play styles, especially not when you take in consideration the variety of ways you could approach a situation in Human Revolution and the original Deus Ex.

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

• United-Kingdom

Posted 27 October 2013 - 07:14 PM

As I said before, I still think you're reading far too much into various passive videos. That said, it's your opinion and you are entitled to it. However I'm gong to wait for the completed product. I can't honestly believe that something that's been so vaunted, and something that's had such a quantity of input from information security professionals, can be as formulaic as you describe. If that's how it all happens, then what was the point spending hundreds of thousands of dollars hiring Kaspersky to act as external consultants for it all?

JBanton
  • JBanton

Mr. Nice-Guy...

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 07:32 PM Edited by JBanton, 27 October 2013 - 07:34 PM.

Something rather odd that I just picked up. The 1911 handgun which we've seen before is available with a suppressor, although weapon customisation has been confirmed to not feature in Watch Dogs.

I don't get why developers make versions of a certain product and then not give players the choice of making upgraded or custom versions from the base version of the product. The resources for a customisation system are obviously there...

1911_(Weapon_wheel_%26_Suppressor)-Watch

ROCKGTASTAR
  • ROCKGTASTAR

Peon

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 08:10 PM Edited by ROCKGTASTAR, 27 October 2013 - 09:26 PM.

As I said before, I still think you're reading far too much into various passive videos. That said, it's your opinion and you are entitled to it. However I'm gong to wait for the completed product. I can't honestly believe that something that's been so vaunted, and something that's had such a quantity of input from information security professionals, can be as formulaic as you describe. If that's how it all happens, then what was the point spending hundreds of thousands of dollars hiring Kaspersky to act as external consultants for it all?

Kaspersky is crap, they're customer service is terrible and their anti-virus software is completely useless, like many of those overpriced pieces of junk, yearly subscription? I am currently looking at the reviews people have said about Kaspersky. Here let me give you the link.

http://www.shoutdown...ersky_antivirus

Yep, trust Ubisoft to pick something that's entirely unreliable... Well, actually it doesn't really surprise me, I mean I've experienced 4 games of Ubisoft as of late, but like you've disclosed you've never really looked into Assassin's Creed much, so it's impossible for you to understand just how similar from just looks alone, Assassin's Creed and Watch_Dogs actually is, I also remember reading that it may even share the same universe. Again if true, I am not surprised in the slightest as I have been expecting this since the game was announced. Especially since I know the gameplay mechanics, animations, properties and game design of Assassin's Creed in general like the back of my hand, especially it's signature UI and hud above all else. I mean even the character model of Aiden Pierce resembles something out of Assassin's Creed, for example, his coat has spit ends at his back just like Ezio's clothing in Assassin's Creed II, Brotherhood and Revelations. Aiden's cap is a ridiculous give away as well, if not more so, it seems Ubisoft's got a thing about creating a generic looking dude (Not including Ezio) like Connor and Aiden Pearce, two separate game protagonists? Possibly, yet they share the same hidden face, vigilante or protector style type of look, for example the hood in Assassin's Creed and the cap along with that ridiculous balaclava in Watch_Dogs? It's exact same style but in different types of clothing? Hardly anything unique. I really doubt Ubisoft delayed this game just because it's not ready, I mean Assassin's Creed III wasn't ready and was essentially a broken game released on retail. 

http://www.mrwallpap...gs-1280x800.jpg

http://www.qualitywa...s-Wallpaper.jpg

http://cdn2.bigcomme...3.1280.1280.jpg

http://images2.wikia...brotherhood.png

Too similar for my taste, I can barely see a thing that shows any sense of unique style that makes Watch_Dogs stand out in it's own right like Assassin's Creed. It's essentially using the exact same style as Assassin's Creed, to which I see no Watch_Dogs, there's nothing distinctive in it's style that allows me to see it as a unique IP? It's core concept at it's very essence looks as if it was taken directly from Assassin's Creed. 

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

Boob groper

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 27 October 2013 - 08:22 PM

what was the point spending hundreds of thousands of dollars hiring Kaspersky to act as external consultants for it all?

Marketing. You seriously couldn't have figured that one out for yourself?

It's Ubisoft. They do stupid sh*t like that. For example, for AC4 they made a real pirate ship and for Far Cry 3 they made that movie with McLovin. I doubt they needed Kaspersky for anything.

• Secura and ROCKGTASTAR like this

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

• United-Kingdom

Posted 27 October 2013 - 10:21 PM

Kaspersky is crap, they're customer service is terrible and their anti-virus software is completely useless, like many of those overpriced pieces of junk, yearly subscription? I am currently looking at the reviews people have said about Kaspersky. Here let me give you the link.

http://www.shoutdown...ersky_antivirus

No, they're really not. I couldn't give two flying f*cks about their consumer software. Their area of expertise is endpoint and commercial protection. And they've got a reputation for being amongst the best in the business. You only need to look at some of the publications on ThreatPost to know that they know what they're talking about. Not to labour the point too much, but aside from one customer reviews site (and we all know customers can be idiots) what evidence do you have to say that Kaspersky are crap? Or do you just like making up sh*t you know nothing about for the sake of it?

ROCKGTASTAR
  • ROCKGTASTAR

Peon

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 11:36 PM Edited by ROCKGTASTAR, 27 October 2013 - 11:41 PM.

sivispacem, I couldn't give a sh*t of what you say as you're clearly one sided, you are not happy unless everyone agrees with what you say and what you say only, so I say enough! I don't care what a bigoted blowhard such as yourself has to say about people who've spent their hard working money on stuff that is overrated and useless! Get off your high horse Mr I work for the government involving security man! You must think people are stupid! Not everyone believes what people tell or want them to believe. I am one of those people, if you don't like that then simply ignore me, but I disrespect people like you. I hope you understand that.

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

• United-Kingdom

Posted 27 October 2013 - 11:39 PM Edited by sivispacem, 27 October 2013 - 11:41 PM.

Wow, that was totally unnecessary. Why don't you wind your neck in seen as you've been temp banned this week once already?

Also "bigoted", seriously? Try and avoid using words you clearly don't know the definition of, too.

ROCKGTASTAR
  • ROCKGTASTAR

Peon

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 11:45 PM Edited by ROCKGTASTAR, 27 October 2013 - 11:50 PM.

A bigot is a prejudiced person who is intolerant of any opinions differing from their own. 

Person extremely intolerant of others and irrespective of reasoning.

I stated that you're one sided, which is what people would call a bigot. 

"Wow, that was totally unnecessary. Why don't you wind your neck in seen as you've been temp banned this week once already?"

Look, sivispacem, I'm already fully aware that you are friends with the moderator who put the temp ban on me, in fact a good old friend of mine 74 Duster, warned me that some of the members of this forums get special treatment from the mods, that essentially would normally get them banned. 

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

• United-Kingdom

Posted 27 October 2013 - 11:51 PM Edited by sivispacem, 27 October 2013 - 11:52 PM.

Actually, a bigot generally refers to intolerance based on religion, political view or race, but never mind. Also, I'm perfectly tolerant of other people's opinions. As I've said several times before, you're welcome to state all the reasons you think W_D is going to be crap. But pretending these opinions are facts, or making judgements that could only really be gained from playing the game based solely on fuzzy YouTube footage, is a little bit silly.

So, can you explain to me exactly how repeatedly pointing out to you that you're either not really qualified to make binding judgements on a subject on the basis of perfectly reasonable lack of experience, and that you have a habit of pretending your opinions are facts, makes me a bigot?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users