Quantcast

» «
Photo

Watch Dogs

6,439 replies to this topic

Poll: On which platform are you gonna buy Watch_Dogs? (424 member(s) have cast votes)

On which platform are you gonna buy Watch_Dogs?

1. PC (114 votes [26.89%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 26.89%

2. Playstation 3 (52 votes [12.26%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 12.26%

3. Playstation 4 (91 votes [21.46%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 21.46%

4. Wii U (1 votes [0.24%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 0.24%

5. Xbox 360 (45 votes [10.61%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.61%

6. Xbox One (35 votes [8.25%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 8.25%

7. I'm not gonna buy Watch_Dogs (86 votes [20.28%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 20.28%

How would you rate Watch_Dogs?

1. 10 (17 votes [8.29%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 8.29%

2. 9 (25 votes [12.20%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 12.20%

3. 8 (54 votes [26.34%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 26.34%

4. 7 (35 votes [17.07%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 17.07%

5. 6 (29 votes [14.15%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 14.15%

6. 5 (14 votes [6.83%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.83%

7. 4 (4 votes [1.95%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.95%

8. 3 (2 votes [0.98%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 0.98%

9. 2 (8 votes [3.90%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.90%

10. 1 (17 votes [8.29%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 8.29%

Vote Guests cannot vote
JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 08:59 PM

Haha, seems like two months are not enough to visit Los Santos after all.

• Android and rahjee like this

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

Big Homie

• Members
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 16 October 2013 - 01:19 AM Edited by AceKingston, 16 October 2013 - 01:19 AM.

Bad move by Ubisoft, golden opportunity for Rockstar.

Why? Now it's all their choice, give an announcement for PC set for Spring 2014 so that it clashes and slightly pulls back WD's sales or release it in WD's empty November slot. I'm leaning to the former, though.

Except GTA V is not a fresh game, no hidden hype, and some people are ALREADY bored of its console version. Good luck having shelf life by Spring 2014. This aint San Andreas we're talking about where people raved about it for years. People raved about GTA 5 for like two weeks. The only people who will go out of their way and buy GTA V on PC instead of a new game are people who play exclusively PC and don't have ANY consoles. Everybody else with at least ONE console in the house has played it and may not even be touching the game by next spring. Whereas everybody else with consoles are going to opt for the NEW FRESH game on the Next Gen system. 

Plus the delay means the game should be massively upgraded because this is the FIRST Watch Dogs ever and since the brand is new Ubisoft has a real incentive to go all-out because they don't have the luxury of being lazy, sitting on their ass, and putting out any random garbage unfinished game, and sell it off of "brand name alone". Watch Dog doesn't have a brand name yet, so trust me Ubisoft will be putting some REALL EFFORT into this delay because there aren't a bunch of fanboy saps laying around ready to buy Watch Dogs just off "name brand". So they should REALLY put some real IMPROVEMENTS in the game, and we might get a big ass map with out of this world next gen graphics that could make XBOX 360/PS4 GTA 5 look obsolete.

If you want to act like a stupid San Andreas fanboy then kindly get out of this topic and start thinking sense.

Ferocious Banger
  • Ferocious Banger

Big Homie

• Members
  • India

Posted 16 October 2013 - 05:38 AM

Lol @ the people who are thinking they going to add a big ass map to counter GTA V. Do you even know how a game is developed?

The main reason for the delay is AC 4 is coming out in same time as WD. So instead of cannibalizing their own sales, they made a smart decision to delay WD. 

Actually, they were still "building" a countryside a few weeks back. In fact, they themselves had said that the map was incomplete during E3 2012. 

The final map will be Chicago+big ass countryside. I'm not sure if the country will be as intricately detailed as Chicago is though.

Grand Theft Savage
  • Grand Theft Savage

'Bout that life

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 October 2013 - 06:46 AM

Looks like I'll have InFamous Second Son before I'll have Watch Dogs... Damn

Rewas514
  • Rewas514

Derp™

• The Yardies
  • Lithuania
  • Best Snapmatic [Scenery] 2013

Posted 16 October 2013 - 09:32 AM Edited by Rewas514, 16 October 2013 - 09:35 AM.

Damn. Now Ubisoft is copying R*. I was expecting Watch Dogs this year, but no.

Has Ubisoft ever delay a game before besides Watch Dogs?

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Absolute Dunkel:Heit

• United-Kingdom
  • Contribution Award [D&D, General Chat]
    Most Knowledgeable [Vehicles] 2013
    Best Debater 2013, 2012, 2011

Posted 16 October 2013 - 02:03 PM

Stuff gets delayed all the time. Far Cry 3 got delayed twice, though admittedly not so close to release. It's probably a good thing really. Human Revolution got significantly delayed quite close to release and that only benefited the title in the end.
  • Raavi likes this

countrymike84
  • countrymike84

honky tonker

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 01:38 AM Edited by countrymike84, 17 October 2013 - 01:38 AM.

Lol @ the people who are thinking they going to add a big ass map to counter GTA V. Do you even know how a game is developed?

The main reason for the delay is AC 4 is coming out in same time as WD. So instead of cannibalizing their own sales, they made a smart decision to delay WD. 

Actually, they were still "building" a countryside a few weeks back. In fact, they themselves had said that the map was incomplete during E3 2012. 

The final map will be Chicago+big ass countryside. I'm not sure if the country will be as intricately detailed as Chicago is though.

Where did you hear that Ubi was still working on the map a few weeks ago? Do you think Ubi is making their own "Alamo Sea" , animals , and maybe even helis to the map since the game is delayed?

Michael De Santa ™
  • Michael De Santa ™

Big Mouth Prick

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 06:09 AM Edited by Michael De Santa ™, 17 October 2013 - 06:10 AM.

I Think Delay will caused hugeloss to Ubisoft,Microsoft and Sony

I think it is opportunity to GTA V for PC since Watch Dogs is delayed

Spoiler

It is a bad move from Ubisoft

Spoiler

esmittystud101
  • esmittystud101

I play both sides of the fence

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 October 2013 - 05:21 PM

Okay I was real excited the first time I saw the nine minute trailer for W.D. I thought nothing would even compare and then GTAV came out I after playing it I wasn't real excited about W.D. anymore. I'm not positive and this is only my opinion, I think Ubisoft was a little worried that W.D. wounldn't mount up to GTAV as it was. I think now they are going to add and detail out alot more stuff then they were previously. I'm also starting to think that they might have a feeling or they know that GTAV is going to be next gen console eventually, major additions on the next gen for sure. Maybe holiday season of 14'. Comon, its Rock*, they won't pass up on the cash. So I don't really mind that they postponed it, even though I already purchased it on Xbox One. So now at the midnight opening for the Xbox One I'm getting COD: Ghosts, BF4, Dead Rising (Dead Rising is what through me on the Microsoft side of the next gen purchase, but beleive me I was close on getting a PS4.) I just think the Xbox One exclusives out weigh Sony now that everyone knows COD will get everything a month earlier, dedicated servers for it and BF4 earlier content, plus Dead Rising. Thoughts? please. I'm at work and its boring as h*ll. LOL  

• rahjee likes this

Grand Theft Savage
  • Grand Theft Savage

'Bout that life

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 October 2013 - 03:01 AM

Okay I was real excited the first time I saw the nine minute trailer for W.D. I thought nothing would even compare and then GTAV came out I after playing it I wasn't real excited about W.D. anymore. I'm not positive and this is only my opinion, I think Ubisoft was a little worried that W.D. wounldn't mount up to GTAV as it was. I think now they are going to add and detail out alot more stuff then they were previously. I'm also starting to think that they might have a feeling or they know that GTAV is going to be next gen console eventually, major additions on the next gen for sure. Maybe holiday season of 14'. Comon, its Rock*, they won't pass up on the cash. So I don't really mind that they postponed it, even though I already purchased it on Xbox One. So now at the midnight opening for the Xbox One I'm getting COD: Ghosts, BF4, Dead Rising (Dead Rising is what through me on the Microsoft side of the next gen purchase, but beleive me I was close on getting a PS4.) I just think the Xbox One exclusives out weigh Sony now that everyone knows COD will get everything a month earlier, dedicated servers for it and BF4 earlier content, plus Dead Rising. Thoughts? please. I'm at work and its boring as h*ll. LOL  

I think R* is likely to release GTA V on PC by the time Watch Dogs is coming out. That way, Ubisoft gets SH*TTED on. It would be a pretty aggressive move, honestly...

OnTopic: So... Anyone know why it was delayed?

OysterBarron
  • OysterBarron

You need a Pearl necklace? Hit me up ;)

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 October 2013 - 07:09 AM

Well I think you can rule out another surprise title taking its place as they have warned that they will get an operating loss this financial year. Something has spooked them for sure and it's a hell of a blow for next gen pre orders I only pre ordered my xbox and watchdogs a day before the delay announcement and was gutted.

JBanton
  • JBanton

Mr. Nice-Guy...

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 01:31 PM

I'm not a fan of this delay, but can bear it. I need an open world game to fill a gap that I thought GTA V would.

On the plus side, the delay means I only have to buy the next-gen version :)

Ferocious Banger
  • Ferocious Banger

Big Homie

• Members
  • India

Posted 20 October 2013 - 05:14 AM

I'm not a fan of this delay, but can bear it. I need an open world game to fill a gap that I thought GTA V would.

You've said this in three different forums already! :p Looks like you are extremely excited to buy the next gen version of the game alone. 

Thebull94
  • Thebull94

Mack Pimp

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 October 2013 - 08:53 PM

Fact:

Watch Dogs is on both current gen and next gen both look a damn side better than GTA V.

Will they BE better than GTA V? Possibly would not place my money on it but possibly.

Now lets forget the highly bias and opinionated comments on Watch Dogs graphics and focus on more pressing matters.

Does Franklin have the biggest dick compared to Michael and Trevor?

DoubleOGJohnson
  • DoubleOGJohnson

Playa

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 11:30 AM Edited by DoubleOGJohnson, 22 October 2013 - 11:31 AM.

I think R* is likely to release GTA V on PC by the time Watch Dogs is coming out. That way, Ubisoft gets SH*TTED on. It would be a pretty aggressive move, honestly...

GTA V will be 6 plus months old when Watch Dogs comes out. Who outside of exclusive PC gamers and super Rockstar fanboys will go out and get a PC port version of a 6 month old game instead of a new game? Plus the anticipation for Watch Dogs only goes up now that it's delayed. You see how these stocks went down? GTA exclusive gamers underrated the anticipation of Watch Dogs, a new fresh game in a new place about to be on a new console. GTA V is not fresh, not even the location is fresh. It's only advantage of porting to PC is getting the crowd who ONLY plays PC.

GTA's brand name would be the ONLY reason it has to out sell Watch Dogs on PC. And since Rockstar built GTA 4 and GTA V focusing on the shaky foundation of graphics instead of content, that foundation could crumble once people see a new open world game on XBOX One/PS4. It'd be funny to see the reaction of the fanboys and young kids who make the argument of GTA 4 and GTA 5 being a better game than San Andreas because of "better graphics" instead of fun factor, content, replayability and things that ACTUALLY matter have to flip flop and defend GTA V against Watch Dogs if WD on Next Gen ends up blowing GTA V on 360/PS3 away. We'll see how much "graphics" matter then.

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 22 October 2013 - 07:51 PM

Because of course Watch Dogs is surely the best game ever published, with so much content that three years will be not enough to see everything. How about waiting for actual premiere before jumping the "Watch Dogs is so much better that GTA V" bandwagon?

UtricularEwe001
  • UtricularEwe001

I am a Pirate

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 October 2013 - 11:23 PM

FYI people are pissed lol, I read somewhere that many people are cancelling their WD pre-order (one guy said 10 people walked in to the store and cancelled the game within 2 days). I don't know if it will have any effect in the long term but Ubisoft needs something to maintain the hype. And if GTA V releases on next gen/PC next year, Ubisoft is going to have a Hard time convincing gamers to buy WD.

Grand Theft Savage
  • Grand Theft Savage

'Bout that life

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 October 2013 - 03:11 AM

GTA V will be 6 plus months old when Watch Dogs comes out. Who outside of exclusive PC gamers and super Rockstar fanboys will go out and get a PC port version of a 6 month old game instead of a new game? Plus the anticipation for Watch Dogs only goes up now that it's delayed. You see how these stocks went down? GTA exclusive gamers underrated the anticipation of Watch Dogs, a new fresh game in a new place about to be on a new console. GTA V is not fresh, not even the location is fresh. It's only advantage of porting to PC is getting the crowd who ONLY plays PC.

GTA's brand name would be the ONLY reason it has to out sell Watch Dogs on PC. And since Rockstar built GTA 4 and GTA V focusing on the shaky foundation of graphics instead of content, that foundation could crumble once people see a new open world game on XBOX One/PS4. It'd be funny to see the reaction of the fanboys and young kids who make the argument of GTA 4 and GTA 5 being a better game than San Andreas because of "better graphics" instead of fun factor, content, replayability and things that ACTUALLY matter have to flip flop and defend GTA V against Watch Dogs if WD on Next Gen ends up blowing GTA V on 360/PS3 away. We'll see how much "graphics" matter then.

You're right, but I think you're overlooking the PC audience. It isn't as small as you may believe.

But since Watch Dogs is coming to next gen while GTA V is not, in addition to it no longer being new, I have to agree.

acmilano
  • acmilano

Soldier

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 12:34 PM

I'm kinda glad for this.my gaming budget is already stretched,and I still want to play SC:Blacklist,AC IV and MGS V,maybe some other game too. And already enjoying in GTA V and online. So this will be released when there is no other games I am interested in,and it would be easier for my time and budget.

JBanton
  • JBanton

Mr. Nice-Guy...

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 04:26 PM

You've said this in three different forums already! :p Looks like you are extremely excited to buy the next gen version of the game alone. 

I only exist on three forums in total, so erm :whuh:

I read a report somewhere that the delays were causing a surge in pre-orders. I guessing releasing WD into a slot clear of GTA V will help Ubisoft reach an audience that can't realise that WD and GTA are two games on the face look similar, but are actually very different.

UtricularEwe001
  • UtricularEwe001

I am a Pirate

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 October 2013 - 05:29 PM

I only exist on three forums in total, so erm :whuh:

I read a report somewhere that the delays were causing a surge in pre-orders. I guessing releasing WD into a slot clear of GTA V will help Ubisoft reach an audience that can't realise that WD and GTA are two games on the face look similar, but are actually very different.

Oh! Really?

Do you have sauce (source) for that? (surge in pre-order)

ROCKGTASTAR
  • ROCKGTASTAR

Peon

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 06:20 PM

Seriously, Ubisoft have become incompetent c*nts lately and that's more than enough reasons to tell this game to f*ck off! 

ROCKGTASTAR
  • ROCKGTASTAR

Peon

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 06:24 PM Edited by ROCKGTASTAR, 23 October 2013 - 06:24 PM.

Fact:

Watch Dogs is on both current gen and next gen both look a damn side better than GTA V.

Did you just say BOTH look better than GTA V? That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever read in my life.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 23 October 2013 - 06:33 PM

Watch_DOgs will most likely be like any other Ubisoft game. 

BORING and repetetive after 2 hours. The only thing we saw was some hacking thorugh the city. Not really a proper mission or anything. 

No word about sidemissions, activities or stuff. And we all know that Open World Games can get boring pretty quick with nothing to do in the city.

• Killerzone121 likes this

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

• United-Kingdom

Posted 23 October 2013 - 08:59 PM

Fact:

Did you just say BOTH look better than GTA V? That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever read in my life.

I see you've found the edit button. Why don't you use it to make additions to your initial post rather than double posting?

Anyway, your comment suggests that the limitations on how good W_D can look are based on the platform- that is, GTAV is the best looking a game can possibly be on current generation consoles. Which is just silly, because there are numerous far better looking games. Like Far Cry 3. And Bioshock Infinite. And Crysis 3. And God of War 3. And Uncharted 3. And Heavy Rain. And The Last of Us. And, if I'm honest, Max Payne 3, though that's largely due to the lack of open-world constraints.

ROCKGTASTAR
  • ROCKGTASTAR

Peon

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 02:42 PM Edited by ROCKGTASTAR, 24 October 2013 - 02:56 PM.

I see you've found the edit button. Why don't you use it to make additions to your initial post rather than double posting?

Anyway, your comment suggests that the limitations on how good W_D can look are based on the platform- that is, GTAV is the best looking a game can possibly be on current generation consoles. Which is just silly, because there are numerous far better looking games. Like Far Cry 3. And Bioshock Infinite. And Crysis 3. And God of War 3. And Uncharted 3. And Heavy Rain. And The Last of Us. And, if I'm honest, Max Payne 3, though that's largely due to the lack of open-world constraints.

On current gen Watch Dogs looks terrible, there's no debating about that, it's fact! Not just in graphics, but in animations as well. You see this is what I recently dislike with Ubisoft's behavior these days, they're using the same dirty product scheme as the makers of Call Of Duty, even though Watch Dogs was said to be next gen, Ubisoft just couldn't handle the fact that people are not as keen this time as they were with the PS3 & Xbox 360, so they downgrade an already mediocre title and then delay it until the next year?

The games you've mentioned, like The Last Of Us, Heavy Rain, Far Cry 3, Crysis 3 and Bioshock Infinite may have better graphics, but graphics don't mean jack if the games stale, boring or simply lazily designed. The only game there that has replay-ability as well as good visuals is God Of War III all the rest no offence. If you're wondering why I didn't include Uncharted in that list it's because it has fairly good game-play. 

Coming back to Watch Dogs, I do hope you know that the people who were originally excited for this and ordered the PS4 bundle, no longer can't get just the game on launch day, but the actual console it's self? Why, well apparently Watch Dogs isn't ready? O.K, so why can't retailers change the game then? Why delay the console that had Watch Dogs along with it when it's only Watch Dogs that is getting delayed?

I for one don't believe a single thing that comes out of Ubisoft's mouths anymore. I was once a loyal consumer to them back in the day, but they're clearly getting power hungry and aggressive now.

For example, that ridiculous if not blatantly childish marketing image of Watch Dogs with the lines "Two months is enough time to visit Los Santos" _Come to Chicago on NOVEMBER 21st

If this doesn't prove how incompetent and needy Ubisoft is, then I don't know what will?

mpu_Two_Months_Are_Enough_For_GTA_V_Says

Well Ubisoft? What happened? At first, you seemed so sure that you were in control, so if you expect me to believe that you're pulling back Watch Dogs to give it more polish when you could have easily announced the delay earlier on before you made this stupid image in September, then you've got another thing coming!

The game's been delayed simply because Ubisoft want to get maximum cash with Assassin's Creed IV, not because they want to take their time. I mean come on Watch Dogs lead designer has already quit the project and went over to join EA? Now why would he do that? Well, as rotten as they are? EA know how to not only get money out of people, but how to rip them off as well!

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

• United-Kingdom

Posted 24 October 2013 - 03:17 PM

Just to put aside your incoherent ramblings and focus on the first couple of paragraphs, which at least vaguely address something resembling the point I was making albeit not in any real meaningful way, you should really stop confusing your personal opinions of something you have no experience with with facts. Discussing things like replay-ability (for the record I'm on my fourth play through of Far Cry 3 currently) in such objective terms is just silly. We all know you're opinions on W_D in relation to apparent laziness on the part of Ubisoft and poor graphics, but these are just that-opinions. Not very well formed ones either as you have no first or even second hand experience of the beta product, let alone the finished title.

I'm starting to get the impression you're ramping up the vitriol on these barely coherent rants despite the fact that you lack any real direct experience of what you're making claims about purely because people aren't listening to you, and with good reason. Those of us who prefer to wait to actually, well, experience things before making judgements on products aren't going to be swayed by your inane ramblings, and I doubt anyone else really cares enough to even wade through some of the barely comprehensible tangential ramblings you insist on wasting your time and our bandwidth with.

Tl; dr, stop pretending your opinions are facts, and no-one cares what you think because of 1).

ROCKGTASTAR
  • ROCKGTASTAR

Peon

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 03:34 PM Edited by ROCKGTASTAR, 24 October 2013 - 03:38 PM.

Just to put aside your incoherent ramblings and focus on the first couple of paragraphs, which at least vaguely address something resembling the point I was making albeit not in any real meaningful way, you should really stop confusing your personal opinions of something you have no experience with with facts. Discussing things like replay-ability (for the record I'm on my fourth play through of Far Cry 3 currently) in such objective terms is just silly. We all know you're opinions on W_D in relation to apparent laziness on the part of Ubisoft and poor graphics, but these are just that-opinions. Not very well formed ones either as you have no first or even second hand experience of the beta product, let alone the finished title.

I'm starting to get the impression you're ramping up the vitriol on these barely coherent rants despite the fact that you lack any real direct experience of what you're making claims about purely because people aren't listening to you, and with good reason. Those of us who prefer to wait to actually, well, experience things before making judgements on products aren't going to be swayed by your inane ramblings, and I doubt anyone else really cares enough to even wade through some of the barely comprehensible tangential ramblings you insist on wasting your time and our bandwidth with.

Tl; dr, stop pretending your opinions are facts, and no-one cares what you think because of 1).

Correction, you don't care because you like it? That's fine, but seriously don't be so eager to get down to lick the balls of Ubisoft. If you like it fine, but I am telling you now, your giving Ubisoft way too much credit and loyalty than they deserve.

You're technically assuming that giving this game a chance is necessary, but as you've already pointed out opinions aren't facts so it could go either way, am I correct? Otherwise the above post you've just made is completely hypocritical.

I used to be a Ubisoft fanboy, I've given them enough of my money as well as chances, that's my opinion! Don't like it? Fine, I don't expect you to agree. 

ROCKGTASTAR
  • ROCKGTASTAR

Peon

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 03:54 PM Edited by ROCKGTASTAR, 24 October 2013 - 04:06 PM.

"Those of us who prefer to wait to actually, well, experience things before making judgements on products aren't going to be swayed by your inane ramblings, and I doubt anyone else really cares enough to even wade through some of the barely comprehensible tangential ramblings you insist on wasting your time and our bandwidth with."

Guess what? I was one of those same people who waited and defended Assassin's Creed III when others claimed that the series was just being milked. Then I played it on launch day and I finally saw what they were talking about.

I would rather be informed than follow a herd of blind fan-boys again, who's only source for reliable information is straight from the horses mouth, by that I mean Ubisoft's PR's.

You should check what people are saying about this on Neo GAF, they are not impressed nor are they fooled by Ubisoft's tactics.

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

• United-Kingdom

Posted 24 October 2013 - 04:19 PM

Sorry but in what kind of bizarre backwards imaginary universe does waiting for a product to actually be released constitute fanboism? That's just totally idiotic.

Judging a game without experiencing it as stupid as complaining about the handling of a car you've never driven. I have absolutely no idea how this is such a foreign concept to you.

Also, use the f*cking edit button.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users