Quantcast

» «
Photo

Watch Dogs

6,439 replies to this topic

Poll: On which platform are you gonna buy Watch_Dogs? (424 member(s) have cast votes)

On which platform are you gonna buy Watch_Dogs?

1. PC (114 votes [26.89%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 26.89%

2. Playstation 3 (52 votes [12.26%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 12.26%

3. Playstation 4 (91 votes [21.46%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 21.46%

4. Wii U (1 votes [0.24%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 0.24%

5. Xbox 360 (45 votes [10.61%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.61%

6. Xbox One (35 votes [8.25%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 8.25%

7. I'm not gonna buy Watch_Dogs (86 votes [20.28%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 20.28%

How would you rate Watch_Dogs?

1. 10 (17 votes [8.29%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 8.29%

2. 9 (25 votes [12.20%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 12.20%

3. 8 (54 votes [26.34%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 26.34%

4. 7 (35 votes [17.07%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 17.07%

5. 6 (29 votes [14.15%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 14.15%

6. 5 (14 votes [6.83%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.83%

7. 4 (4 votes [1.95%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.95%

8. 3 (2 votes [0.98%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 0.98%

9. 2 (8 votes [3.90%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.90%

10. 1 (17 votes [8.29%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 8.29%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Ferocious Banger
  • Ferocious Banger

Big Homie

• Members
  • India

Posted 16 September 2013 - 07:33 AM

^Look at the details!

sanpreet
  • sanpreet

Peon

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 11:07 AM

I want to love this game but I can't stand all the hacking business.

The__Phoenix
  • The__Phoenix

aka bud23

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 September 2013 - 04:33 PM Edited by bud23, 17 September 2013 - 04:34 PM.

DpnOwcs.jpg

Yeah, I won´t.

• rahjee likes this

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:56 PM

I will. Game looks very refreshing and a lot of fun. Plus, I'm a PC gamer. I can't play GTA V until Rockstar shows mercy.

Archvile78
  • Archvile78

Playa

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 12:09 AM

DpnOwcs.jpg

Yeah, I won´t.

I love this kind of marketing, just a way to say how huge GTA V is.

jetjatin
  • jetjatin

Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:20 AM

System requirements revealed! http://www.tomshardw...-amd,24536.html

Forty
  • Forty

he shouts stroke darker the strings

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:31 AM

This and The Division are the two I'm most looking forward to playing on PS4.

Ferocious Banger
  • Ferocious Banger

Big Homie

• Members
  • India

Posted 06 October 2013 - 07:20 AM

Those aren't the official system requirements. The game's graphics lead said that the actual requirements would be lower than those.

DoubleOGJohnson
  • DoubleOGJohnson

Playa

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:55 AM Edited by DoubleOGJohnson, 07 October 2013 - 10:59 AM.

DpnOwcs.jpg

Yeah, I won´t.

If you are mad about it, tell Rockstar to get off their asses when 2014 begins, take the challenge, recreate Chicago themselves and go head-to-head with Ubisoft to see who can make the same city the best, just like how they made San Andreas and went head-to-head with True Crime LA. If Rockstar still has the same fire, hunger, and passion as they did in 2003/2004 then they will take the challenge for GTA 6, but if all the mainstream exposure and money they've generated since San Andreas has made them complacent and comfortable they will do the safe thing and go to Miami a place that no OTHER developers cares about right now. Miami hasn't been "in style" for video games since the f*cking mid 2000's. I've seen Chicago in recent games from Hitman to Mortal Kombat to Watch Dogs. So tell Rockstar to stop doing those retreads and beat this challenge. This sh*t is good for competition, in the early-mid 2000's Developers used to fight each other to create the same cities. If they mad, tell Rockstar to do something about it.

• DarrinPA likes this

Zancudo
  • Zancudo

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • Poland

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:37 AM

Why would Rockstar Games recreate the same city from WATCH_DOGS, just to pick up a fight with Ubisoft? That's simply childish. We need diversity in the gaming, not wars between companies.

As for the latest news on WATCH_DOGS, Dominic Guay from Ubisoft told, that about 95% of missions in the game won't require any killing.

King Kapone
  • King Kapone

x N i g h t c a l l

• The Connection

Posted 07 October 2013 - 12:11 PM

Watchdogs has a very strong chance of owning my life for a week or two though I won't be doing the next-gen thing as soon as its available. Too many bills to pay, I can wait until the price reductions.

Ferocious Banger
  • Ferocious Banger

Big Homie

• Members
  • India

Posted 07 October 2013 - 03:57 PM Edited by Ferocious Banger, 07 October 2013 - 03:58 PM.

2Lcth42.jpg?1?4517

wd_scr_041_companion_app_a.jpg

Zancudo
  • Zancudo

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • Poland

Posted 07 October 2013 - 05:11 PM

What platform does this screenshot come from? This doesn't look too good technically.

DoubleOGJohnson
  • DoubleOGJohnson

Playa

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:09 PM Edited by DoubleOGJohnson, 07 October 2013 - 10:23 PM.

Why would Rockstar Games recreate the same city from WATCH_DOGS, just to pick up a fight with Ubisoft? That's simply childish. We need diversity in the gaming, not wars between companies.

As for the latest news on WATCH_DOGS, Dominic Guay from Ubisoft told, that about 95% of missions in the game won't require any killing.

Diversity in gaming? True Crime LA came out in 2003, San Andreas/Los Santos came out in 2004. That's two games based in Los Angeles in a span of 2 years. True Crime NY came out in 2005, GTA 4 came out in 2008. That's two games in New York in a span of 3 years. Open world developers spent the whole 2000's making the same cities back-to-back. And ya know what? It was a f*cking awesome thing for gamers. I played ALL those game, have True Crime LA, GTA SA, True Crime NY, and GTA 4 in my collection. I was never one of those fanboy f*cktards who only played GTA. Sandboxing gaming needs this competive sh*t. Developers used to fight to out do eachother. GTA SA even used to make references to True Crime back when Rockstar was hungry and wanted to compete with each body. Chicago is hot right now because of Hitman, Mortal Kombat, and Watch Dogs, whenever a city is "hot" you better get off your ass and compete and show everybody else in the business that no one can make cities like you.

That was what they did it in the 2000's, what's the problem now? Too rich, too comfortable, too complacent? No excuses. Ubisoft is counter marketing GTA 5 with that poster, so Rockstar better stand up and do something just like they were bold enough to counter True Crime. If they still "have it" then they'll get off their asses and take the challenge from Ubisoft, instead of doing some punk ass sh*t like redoing Vice City where there are no competitive standards since Miami hasn't been "hot" since the mid 2000's. Miami hasn't been a "hot" destination for gaming since 2006 when Miami Vice the video game and Scarface came out. That was 2006, a long time ago. Miami is ice cold right now, if Rockstar has that same fire they had in 2004/2005 left then they know what they need to do, if not they'll sit back like some lazy f*cks and collect easy checks off of making a retread of Vice City.

countrymike84
  • countrymike84

honky tonker

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 12:33 AM

Diversity in gaming? True Crime LA came out in 2003, San Andreas/Los Santos came out in 2004. That's two games based in Los Angeles in a span of 2 years. True Crime NY came out in 2005, GTA 4 came out in 2008. That's two games in New York in a span of 3 years. Open world developers spent the whole 2000's making the same cities back-to-back. And ya know what? It was a f*cking awesome thing for gamers. I played ALL those game, have True Crime LA, GTA SA, True Crime NY, and GTA 4 in my collection. I was never one of those fanboy f*cktards who only played GTA. Sandboxing gaming needs this competive sh*t. Developers used to fight to out do eachother. GTA SA even used to make references to True Crime back when Rockstar was hungry and wanted to compete with each body. Chicago is hot right now because of Hitman, Mortal Kombat, and Watch Dogs, whenever a city is "hot" you better get off your ass and compete and show everybody else in the business that no one can make cities like you.

That was what they did it in the 2000's, what's the problem now? Too rich, too comfortable, too complacent? No excuses. Ubisoft is counter marketing GTA 5 with that poster, so Rockstar better stand up and do something just like they were bold enough to counter True Crime. If they still "have it" then they'll get off their asses and take the challenge from Ubisoft, instead of doing some punk ass sh*t like redoing Vice City where there are no competitive standards since Miami hasn't been "hot" since the mid 2000's. Miami hasn't been a "hot" destination for gaming since 2006 when Miami Vice the video game and Scarface came out. That was 2006, a long time ago. Miami is ice cold right now, if Rockstar has that same fire they had in 2004/2005 left then they know what they need to do, if not they'll sit back like some lazy f*cks and collect easy checks off of making a retread of Vice City.

Offtopic: If  Rockstar makes a new version of VC for VI, I would think that they will focus on Vice City and much more...the Everglades. Lake Okeechobee, and much more. It def will not be a retread but something new.

Ontopic: Watch_Dogs looks to be equally impressive as V and the map seems just a smidge smaller than the V map. Keep an eye on more WD stuff in the coming weeks.

Ferocious Banger
  • Ferocious Banger

Big Homie

• Members
  • India

Posted 10 October 2013 - 12:56 PM

It's extremely clear that the city-detail of WD is as of now, unparalleled by any game in it's genre ( Yes, include GTA V although that in itself was incredibly detailed for the most part ); the countryside is there, too, in Watch_Dogs; let's hope that they do a better job with this than Rockstar did with GTA V. The country needs to feel "far away" from the main city ( which appears to be a good 2-3 times the size of Los Santos ). Yes, I know that the country isn't the actual focus here, but for a game as detailed as this, everything needs to be detailed.

It shouldn't, once again, be like GTA V where the city is polished and detailed and the countryside is of low-res textures and general "blandness".

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Godfather

• Australia
  • Best Member in an Official Group 2012

Posted 11 October 2013 - 07:15 AM

Agreed. It's not 2003 anymore.

GtaIvFanboy
  • GtaIvFanboy

I Have a Foot Fetish

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 October 2013 - 12:53 AM

DpnOwcs.jpg

Yeah, I won´t.

If you are mad about it, tell Rockstar to get off their asses when 2014 begins, take the challenge, recreate Chicago themselves and go head-to-head with Ubisoft to see who can make the same city the best, just like how they made San Andreas and went head-to-head with True Crime LA. If Rockstar still has the same fire, hunger, and passion as they did in 2003/2004 then they will take the challenge for GTA 6, but if all the mainstream exposure and money they've generated since San Andreas has made them complacent and comfortable they will do the safe thing and go to Miami a place that no OTHER developers cares about right now. Miami hasn't been "in style" for video games since the f*cking mid 2000's. I've seen Chicago in recent games from Hitman to Mortal Kombat to Watch Dogs. So tell Rockstar to stop doing those retreads and beat this challenge. This sh*t is good for competition, in the early-mid 2000's Developers used to fight each other to create the same cities. If they mad, tell Rockstar to do something about it.

why do the Exact same thing  as your competition? surely you want your product to be as unique and Different as possible and Chicago would just feel like Liberty city Anyway. 

kudoboi
  • kudoboi

HI

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 12:21 PM

WD current gen vs next gen. both were shown at TGS. the bright one is current gen while the darker ( and more detailed one) is next gen and PC

2-2.gif?resize=600%2C338

NightSpectre
  • NightSpectre

Pure Heroine

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 October 2013 - 10:21 PM

DpnOwcs.jpg

Yeah, I won´t.

why do the Exact same thing  as your competition? surely you want your product to be as unique and Different as possible and Chicago would just feel like Liberty city Anyway. 

No. Chicago and New York, the city of which LC is based on, are two completely different cities.

ZeeKid2k10
  • ZeeKid2k10

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 04:25 PM

Watch Dogs on PS4/Xbox One look better than GTA5 graphics term

Watch Dogs on Xbox 360/PS3 won't look as GTA5 on Xbox360/PS3 

I was told someone who play Watch Dogs Demo on Gamer Conference 2-3 weeks ago on PS4 it not that much better in graphics but it better in lighting and textures.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 14 October 2013 - 07:27 PM

[pic]

Yeah, I won´t.

Same here. Chicago: dark, gritty, kind of like Liberty City. I'm sick of Liberty City.

Excuse me while I enjoy the Los Santos sunshine.

• rahjee likes this

Futo
  • Futo

Yeah i'm busy, call me back!

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 03:51 AM

DpnOwcs.jpg

Yeah, I won´t.

^^^^ all this = NONSENSE.

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

Big Homie

• Members
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:31 AM Edited by AceKingston, 15 October 2013 - 04:32 AM.

DpnOwcs.jpg

Yeah, I won´t.

Wow, how pathetic of Ubisoft trying to spring up a competition with Rockstar. They seem to so desparate and just want more money.  I certainly won't be picking this up now simply because Ubisoft are trying to start a whole new 'war' with Rockstar.

Well I might still pick it up but this is a very stupid move. The only reason I'm doing it is because GTA V will be on PC only after like six months.

Ferocious Banger
  • Ferocious Banger

Big Homie

• Members
  • India

Posted 15 October 2013 - 10:07 AM Edited by Ferocious Banger, 15 October 2013 - 10:10 AM.

There is no "war" here. They're trying to be funny here. Oh, and y'all don't know any other post like this from Ubi, do you? They also made a post ( a blank post ) that says something on the lines of "can't post a picture, too busy being lost in Los Santos."

This picture: 577315_10151658612652293_1987420830_n.pn

Caption of it: "Too busy to find an image to post, we're currently lost in Los Santos. Congrats Rockstar Games #GTAV.

We'll see you in Chicago in November."

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

Let's Bounce

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal
  • Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:30 PM

Watch Dogs has been GTA V'd.

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

Big Homie

• Members
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 15 October 2013 - 05:04 PM

Bad move by Ubisoft, golden opportunity for Rockstar.

Why? Now it's all their choice, give an announcement for PC set for Spring 2014 so that it clashes and slightly pulls back WD's sales or release it in WD's empty November slot. I'm leaning to the former, though.

DoubleOGJohnson
  • DoubleOGJohnson

Playa

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 05:37 PM Edited by DoubleOGJohnson, 15 October 2013 - 05:47 PM.

Bad move by Ubisoft, golden opportunity for Rockstar.

Why? Now it's all their choice, give an announcement for PC set for Spring 2014 so that it clashes and slightly pulls back WD's sales or release it in WD's empty November slot. I'm leaning to the former, though.

Except GTA V is not a fresh game, no hidden hype, and some people are ALREADY bored of its console version. Good luck having shelf life by Spring 2014. This aint San Andreas we're talking about where people raved about it for years. People raved about GTA 5 for like two weeks. The only people who will go out of their way and buy GTA V on PC instead of a new game are people who play exclusively PC and don't have ANY consoles. Everybody else with at least ONE console in the house has played it and may not even be touching the game by next spring. Whereas everybody else with consoles are going to opt for the NEW FRESH game on the Next Gen system. 

Plus the delay means the game should be massively upgraded because this is the FIRST Watch Dogs ever and since the brand is new Ubisoft has a real incentive to go all-out because they don't have the luxury of being lazy, sitting on their ass, and putting out any random garbage unfinished game, and sell it off of "brand name alone". Watch Dog doesn't have a brand name yet, so trust me Ubisoft will be putting some REALL EFFORT into this delay because there aren't a bunch of fanboy saps laying around ready to buy Watch Dogs just off "name brand". So they should REALLY put some real IMPROVEMENTS in the game, and we might get a big ass map with out of this world next gen graphics that could make XBOX 360/PS4 GTA 5 look obsolete.

UtricularEwe001
  • UtricularEwe001

I am a Pirate

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 October 2013 - 08:25 PM

Lol @ the people who are thinking they going to add a big ass map to counter GTA V. Do you even know how a game is developed?

The main reason for the delay is AC 4 is coming out in same time as WD. So instead of cannibalizing their own sales, they made a smart decision to delay WD. 

DarrinPA
  • DarrinPA

Orange Grove Member

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 October 2013 - 08:25 PM

Wow, how pathetic of Ubisoft trying to spring up a competition with Rockstar. They seem to so desparate and just want more money.  I certainly won't be picking this up now simply because Ubisoft are trying to start a whole new 'war' with Rockstar.

Dude, this has been going on for a long time between the multiple companies that have owned the Driver series and Rockstar games. It all goes back to the III era along with Michael Madsen doing voice work in both game series. It was R* who started all of it. So are you going to stop buying R*'s games?

Anyways, I'm sad to see Watch Dogs has been delayed, but I guess all the cool companies do it. I'll buy it whenever it comes out.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users