Quantcast

» «
Photo

Watch Dogs

6,615 replies to this topic

Poll: On which platform are you gonna buy Watch_Dogs? (495 member(s) have cast votes)

On which platform are you gonna buy Watch_Dogs?

1. PC (130 votes [26.26%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 26.26%

2. Playstation 3 (59 votes [11.92%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 11.92%

3. Playstation 4 (114 votes [23.03%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 23.03%

4. Wii U (1 votes [0.20%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 0.20%

5. Xbox 360 (49 votes [9.90%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 9.90%

6. Xbox One (39 votes [7.88%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.88%

7. I'm not gonna buy Watch_Dogs (103 votes [20.81%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 20.81%

How would you rate Watch_Dogs?

1. 10 (19 votes [6.81%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.81%

2. 9 (30 votes [10.75%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.75%

3. 8 (70 votes [25.09%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 25.09%

4. 7 (57 votes [20.43%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 20.43%

5. 6 (35 votes [12.54%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 12.54%

6. 5 (20 votes [7.17%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.17%

7. 4 (9 votes [3.23%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.23%

8. 3 (4 votes [1.43%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.43%

9. 2 (8 votes [2.87%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.87%

10. 1 (27 votes [9.68%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 9.68%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Mr. Sleepy
  • Mr. Sleepy

Infamous

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 25 July 2013 - 09:30 PM

QUOTE (LazyboyEight @ Friday, Jul 26 2013, 00:24)
QUOTE (Sleepy187. @ Thursday, Jul 25 2013, 21:08)
I've been gaming since I was 4 years old

So you've been gaming for what, two months now? smile.gif

Look Sleepy, GTAV is simply the more diverse game. With a mindset of "who wants to go diving in a game like watch_dogs", no one would have achieved anything.

When GTA1 was released, nobody thought they'd be able to fly planes, play tennis, have three characters and have everything else that's been added to GTA. But we can now. And you know why? Because Rockstar didn't sit back and think "eh, our game's about stealing cars, let's not bother with actually working on this game"

You WILL get bored of hacking quickly, there's no doubt about it. You're looking at the hacking now thinking it's the best thing ever, but when you have the game in your hands you'll realise that it isn't.

I really expected a better answer from someone like you. Unfortunately...

Yes, GTA V is the more diverse game and I love that, I don't hate it by any means. But my point still stands, what's the point of diving in a game like Watch Dogs? No point in it, really.

Yes, of course, GTA isn't all about stealing cars and whatnot, but you have to keep in mind that GTA doesn't focus on ONE theme, unlike Watch Dogs, is it? Where did I go wrong on that point?

Yes, I will get bored of hacking eventually, but the game isn't out and people judge it because you must hack your way through in a hacking game. And no, I am NOT looking at it as it is the best thing ever, I will never put Watch Dogs above GTA or GTA above Watch Dogs, it's a game and a game is as entertaining as you make it out to be because it SUITS YOU or YOUR STYLE of playing. So really, for me, no game is above another.

I don't know why you assumed that I am thinking that the hacking in Watch Dogs is the best thing ever, which I didn't even mention such thing in a previous post or so.

Again, thanks for the bolded statement, didn't expect that from you.

Grand Theft Savage
  • Grand Theft Savage

'Bout that life

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 July 2013 - 09:52 PM

1. As expected, an idiotic response. I explained why they can be compared and your response is just 'no.' F*cking idiots... What would we do without 'em? sigh.gif

2. You basically admitted to not know what the theme of any GTA is. That's pretty damn sad, especially since you just claimed that GTA has nothing other than its storyline. The theme of GTA is freedom, the opposite of boring ass Watch Dogs.

3. Um, this is actually irrelevant to point 3, you disgusting idiot. It's like you didn't even read what I wrote. I said that having the freedom to do Yoga is great. GTA V has it and Watch Dogs doesn't. GTA V sh*ts on Watch Dogs.

4. Listen, kid, I don't mean to be too offensive, but if you act like a bitch, you get slapped like a bitch. *throws up gang signs*
And you didn't even counter my point you moronic c*nt. Gaming is about freedom. Watch Dogs does not have more freedom than GTA V.

5. Completely dodged my point and just went to continue the insults. Shut yo dumb ass ass.

6. Unable to counter my core point, though. There is no game that even touches GTA in its genre. Period.

7. But having the freedom to do so is what makes a great game. Why don't you understand this, you prick? It's someone needs to slap the sh*t out of you before you comprehend what they're saying. I don't get why you got on GTAForums and start shedding tears because we like GTA more than Watch Dogs. That just doesn't make sense.

You didn't address a single issue with anything reasonable. Sure, I insulted you first, but you just took sh*t one step further and turned everything into a session of trash talking. You clearly don't know what gaming is, as I said before. People like you shouldn't have a say in anything, because you're a dumbass. It's like rooting for an underdog just because they're the underdog. The champion is reigning because they're the best, and just because you find a few positives in a new game doesn't mean it outdoes the champion of all games. Look at which game has more freedom, then get back to me, kid.
Until you do that.....

Here's your website: http://www.watchdogsforum.net/

Mr. Sleepy
  • Mr. Sleepy

Infamous

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 25 July 2013 - 09:54 PM Edited by Sleepy187., 25 July 2013 - 09:57 PM.

The only kid I see here is you, because you couldn't counter my arguments in the first place in a mature way, you had to result to names and you still do.
What can I expect from a kid like you?
Oh and I am already registered on that site thank you very much, and they don't go around insulting other games like YOU do.

Go ahead, insult all you want, shows how mature you are. You're nothing but a sad, pathetic kid.

Edit: I really don't want to go into countless arguments with people like you, because it's similar to talking to a wall. Anyway, good luck to you and have fun playing GTA on September 17th.

lazy.
  • lazy.

could you PLEASE stop using that f*cking blue font?!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 25 July 2013 - 10:03 PM

you two, shut up before you get banned, sleepy you're treading a thin line as it is with the flame post.

you two don't even know what you're actually arguing about, you're just randomly going against every point and have gone way off subject.

Mr. Sleepy
  • Mr. Sleepy

Infamous

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 25 July 2013 - 10:09 PM

QUOTE (LazyboyEight @ Friday, Jul 26 2013, 01:03)
you two, shut up before you get banned, sleepy you're treading a thin line as it is with the flame post.

you two don't even know what you're actually arguing about, you're just randomly going against every point and have gone way off subject.

You know, I really have nothing against him.
But if he could respond in a better manner next time, probably all of this won't exist.

Oh well.

Grand Theft Savage
  • Grand Theft Savage

'Bout that life

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 July 2013 - 10:13 PM

QUOTE (Sleepy187. @ Thursday, Jul 25 2013, 21:54)
The only kid I see here is you, because you couldn't counter my arguments in the first place in a mature way, you had to result to names and you still do.
What can I expect from a kid like you?
Oh and I am already registered on that site thank you very much, and they don't go around insulting other games like YOU do.

Go ahead, insult all you want, shows how mature you are. You're nothing but a sad, pathetic kid.

Edit: I really don't want to go into countless arguments with people like you, because it's similar to talking to a wall. Anyway, good luck to you and have fun playing GTA on September 17th.

You don't even use logic, kid. How can I not insult you? confused.gif You are probably the dumbest Internet vigilante I have seen in a long time. At least understand two things before you try to make one seem better than the other. This was a pathetic attempt to convince people of one thing that ended badly.

Oh, and I will have fun on September 17th. It will be the greatest day in gaming history to date.

Anyway, I'm done when you're done. yawn.gif

lazy.
  • lazy.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 25 July 2013 - 10:13 PM

QUOTE (Sleepy187. @ Thursday, Jul 25 2013, 22:09)
QUOTE (LazyboyEight @ Friday, Jul 26 2013, 01:03)

You know, I really have nothing against him.
But if he could respond in a better manner next time, probably all of this won't exist.

Oh well.

it takes two to start a fight icon14.gif

Mr. Sleepy
  • Mr. Sleepy

Infamous

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 25 July 2013 - 10:16 PM Edited by Sleepy187., 25 July 2013 - 10:21 PM.

/nevermind/

Grand Theft Savage
  • Grand Theft Savage

'Bout that life

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 July 2013 - 10:23 PM

Still talking sh*t, I see. You used zero logic you foolish child. If you won't walk away, I will. Grovel in you stupidity, moron.

Finite
  • Finite

Solitude

• BUSTED!
  • None
  • Discussion Award [Gaming]
    Literary Prowess [General Chat]

Posted 25 July 2013 - 11:52 PM

QUOTE (Grand Theft Savage @ Thursday, Jul 25 2013, 22:23)
Still talking sh*t, I see. You used zero logic you foolish child. If you won't walk away, I will. Grovel in you stupidity, moron.

I suggest you structure your argument better next time, as a pretty strong one can be made for Watch_Dogs offering more freedom than GTA V.

Secondly, I would like to point out that gaming isn't "all about freedom", there are numerous genres that focus on more restricted, linear rules and worlds. In fact stretching back thousands of years all the way to the invention of Chess itself, games have always been more structured and narrow then they have been with their rather rare offerings of freedom.

The truth of the matter is a game is something that you play with a strict set of limitations and rules, you wouldn't play hide and seek with heat vision goggles anymore than you'd race the hundred meters in a jet plane. Games have always been linear experiences, and it has only been comparatively recently that they've deviated from their highly structured nature.

As for which of the games is more diverse, well the answer to that is entirely subjective. You cannot tell me that GTA V affords you the same opportunities as Watch_Dogs and vice versa, you're arguing a highly trivial point here with no empirical evidence to support either of your claims. Though Sleepy does have a point when he discusses how the theme of a game can impact on how you're allowed to interact with its environment and as a direct result of that you won't be going scuba diving in Watch_Dogs anymore than you'll be hacking into phones in GTA V.

Also, cut down on the profanities, they only serve to make you look like more of an imbecilic fool.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 26 July 2013 - 12:04 AM

QUOTE (Lightning Strike @ Thursday, Jul 25 2013, 18:52)
games have always been more structured and narrow then they have been with their rather rare offerings of freedom.

tl;dr but I did notice that line.

It's a game, of course there will be limitations.

Anyways, back on topic here if we may fellas.. I wonder how much driving will actually be involved in this game. So far, we saw him bail by getting in a car and hauling ass.. but will there be more to it than that, driving wise? Because it looks fun.. maybe pick up acouple hookers or something, 5 dolla, ride out to the next mission.

Mr. Sleepy
  • Mr. Sleepy

Infamous

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 26 July 2013 - 12:14 AM

QUOTE (Lightning Strike @ Friday, Jul 26 2013, 02:52)
Though Sleepy does have a point when he discusses how the theme of a game can impact on how you're allowed to interact with its environment and as a direct result of that you won't be going scuba diving in Watch_Dogs anymore than you'll be hacking into phones in GTA V.

Thank you. confused.gif Finally someone who understand what I really meant.

skillz7855
  • skillz7855

Soldier

• Members

Posted 26 July 2013 - 12:22 AM

QUOTE (AceRay @ Thursday, Jul 25 2013, 20:54)
I think WD's main strength is the options you're given to take down a mission, like Deus Ex. Do you want to go in with stealth and remain undetected? Do you want to go in guns blazing. Do you want to hack everything from the outside? Its a lot less linear in terms of mission design, imo, so that's its main strength over GTA.

you know they have this feature in GTA V right?other than hacking outside

AceRay
  • AceRay

In my restless dreams, I see that town...

• Members

Posted 26 July 2013 - 12:31 AM

QUOTE (skillz7855 @ Friday, Jul 26 2013, 13:22)
QUOTE (AceRay @ Thursday, Jul 25 2013, 20:54)
I think WD's main strength is the options you're given to take down a mission, like Deus Ex. Do you want to go in with stealth and remain undetected? Do you want to go in guns blazing. Do you want to hack everything from the outside? Its a lot less linear in terms of mission design, imo, so that's its main strength over GTA.

you know they have this feature in GTA V right?other than hacking outside

That's different. That's planning the heist through a series of classic GTA missions and then you have the option of doing it different ways on the big heist.. Also, pretty sure I didn't see any stealth in action during the gameplay footage.

WD is more like every mission will have different ways of completing it, not a lot like V.

Ferocious Banger
  • Ferocious Banger

Big Homie

• Members
  • India

Posted 26 July 2013 - 06:31 AM

QUOTE (Sleepy187. @ Friday, Jul 26 2013, 01:48)
Comparing Watch Dogs to GTA is f*cking retarded, one game's theme is about hacking, the other is stealing cars and running people over.
Of course Watch Dogs' game will be all about hacking, after all, it's the game's freaking theme, what do you want to do? Do Yoga in Watch Dogs?

All of you were so spoiled by Rockstar's games that you can't open your eyes to anything else, you're so narrow-minded that you can't accept any other game without looking at GTA.
What is GTA without story? Nothing. Shooting people and running people over? Gets boring after a while.

I am not saying that GTA is sh*t, because it is not, but stop acting like it is the apex of gaming and whatnot, for real.

What are you expecting in a game about hacking? To fly over the rainbow with a pig and sing happy songs or whatever? :|

Sorry, but either accept other games or stop looking at other games and just play GTA.

You're acting as if Rockstar are the only ones good at making open-world games and they're the best, hurrrrrr... Let's see them doing something else.

Because I see other companies doing a lot of different styles even if they got no sales near Rockstar's GTA.

Do you want to know why is GTA selling so well? Because it is known a lot in the world. That's why.

Comparing Watch Dogs to GTA is f*cking retarded, one game's theme is about hacking, the other is stealing cars and running people over.

GTA's theme is not about running people over; it's what players do. You can perfectly play a GTA without running people over and you'd be fine.

All of you were so spoiled by Rockstar's games that you can't open your eyes to anything else, you're so narrow-minded that you can't accept any other game without looking at GTA.

While I'll say that R* are one of the best, if not the best developers out there, Ubisoft isn't far behind them as far as talent and talent pool are concerned. So, no, you can't apply that to me! tounge.gif

What is GTA without story? Nothing. Shooting people and running people over? Gets boring after a while.

Any game imo, is nothing without story. Just Cause 2 is a prime example of everything over story, and I pretty much didn't play much at all. If only it had a decent story..

Oh, and by the way, the detailing of the world and sense of atmosphere, or the magic to some are two of the key ingredients to GTA, too.

Do you want to know why is GTA selling so well? Because it is known a lot in the world. That's why.

That and the fact that it is basically known for it's quality. wink.gif

Ferocious Banger
  • Ferocious Banger

Big Homie

• Members
  • India

Posted 26 July 2013 - 06:44 AM Edited by Ferocious Banger, 26 July 2013 - 06:49 AM.

So, let me get this straight: Gaming is all about freedom and a product with more freedom is the better/best product, right? By that logic, I'll say the following:

Just Cause 2>SR2>SE3>GTA V>GTA SA>GTA IV

See how utterly stupid that sounds?

If anybody whose favorite game ever is GTA IV , says "WD is limited, then that will make him look like a grade A hypocrite. Watch_Dogs oozes style and class, and that's my kind of game.

In WD, hacking alone gives you hundreds of possibilities!

Moreover, do you guys not appreciate the apparently extremely good AI? Do you guys not love the unbelievable detailing of the world ( which some of you use as the only choice of defense when comparing GTA's to other games )? Do you guys not love the wind and water physics? Hell, a random bakery's cupcakes are in 3D in the game! Little details, people.

Edviss
  • Edviss

Home Boy......

• Members

Posted 26 July 2013 - 08:21 AM

Why do you all acting like a retards? I don't want to insult but seriously GTA V and Watch_Dogs will be 2 awsome games, why the f*ck you can't accept that? Jeez people, you should really calm down, and be f*cking happy that there will be more sanbox/open world games that are great and polished not only GTA.Srsly.

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I have moved to a new account.

• BUSTED!
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 26 July 2013 - 11:36 AM

The argument is getting pretty fanboyish. Look, Watch Dogs will be a great game admit it. I'm not saying it will be better than GTA V, IMO GTA V will beat WD but the two of them are going to be great and legendary games. Sleepy has some good points although GTA is much more than running people over.

And yes I agree WD will offer much more ways to complete a mission, both WD and GTA V are innovative in it's unique way. True for me and most of us GTA V is going to be the better game but I won't deny the fact that WD is not going to be a good game.

Finite
  • Finite

Solitude

• BUSTED!
  • None
  • Discussion Award [Gaming]
    Literary Prowess [General Chat]

Posted 26 July 2013 - 12:06 PM

QUOTE (Edviss @ Friday, Jul 26 2013, 08:21)
Why do you all acting like a retards? I don't want to insult but seriously GTA V and Watch_Dogs will be 2 awsome games, why the f*ck you can't accept that? Jeez people, you should really calm down, and be f*cking happy that there will be more sanbox/open world games that are great and polished not only GTA.Srsly.

Since none of us has played either of the games that's an assumption no-one should be making at the moment. Until the games have been released I suggest all of you claiming how good they're going to be keep your mouths shut, there's nothing to say that GTA V and Watch_Dogs won't turn out to be over-hyped pieces of crap and you all know it.

Ferocious Banger
  • Ferocious Banger

Big Homie

• Members
  • India

Posted 26 July 2013 - 03:38 PM

user posted image

Mr. Sleepy
  • Mr. Sleepy

Infamous

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 26 July 2013 - 03:54 PM

Sure, the multiplayer has a nice touch to it, but if that is what is going to be. icon13.gif

AceRay
  • AceRay

In my restless dreams, I see that town...

• Members

Posted 26 July 2013 - 08:07 PM

QUOTE (Sleepy187. @ Saturday, Jul 27 2013, 04:54)
Sure, the multiplayer has a nice touch to it, but if that is what is going to be. icon13.gif

Would you rather have two co op missions that you'll play once for thirty minutes?

josephene123
  • josephene123

No

• Members

Posted 26 July 2013 - 08:09 PM

QUOTE (AceRay @ Friday, Jul 26 2013, 20:07)

Would you rather have two co op missions that you'll play once for thirty minutes?

Why is that the only other option?

SilentnElite
  • SilentnElite

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 July 2013 - 08:43 PM

QUOTE (josephene123 @ Friday, Jul 26 2013, 16:09)
QUOTE (AceRay @ Friday, Jul 26 2013, 20:07)

Why is that the only other option?

No they said they have more multiplayer modes, they just haven't said what.

Ferocious Banger
  • Ferocious Banger

Big Homie

• Members
  • India

Posted 27 July 2013 - 05:36 PM

This game just oozes style and class!

josephene123
  • josephene123

No

• Members

Posted 27 July 2013 - 05:46 PM

QUOTE (Ferocious Banger @ Saturday, Jul 27 2013, 17:36)

Is there any new info that makes you say that or?

lazy.
  • lazy.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 27 July 2013 - 05:49 PM

I wanted co op, like in the first demo they showed, it had the guy in the suit helping Aiden.

That's the type of stuff I want. Long lasting fun. Not that gimmicky "here's someone hacking you lulz" tat.

Ferocious Banger
  • Ferocious Banger

Big Homie

• Members
  • India

Posted 27 July 2013 - 06:05 PM Edited by Ferocious Banger, 27 July 2013 - 06:07 PM.

QUOTE (josephene123 @ Saturday, Jul 27 2013, 23:16)
QUOTE (Ferocious Banger @ Saturday, Jul 27 2013, 17:36)

Is there any new info that makes you say that or?

Nothing really, I'm just talking about the style of the game in general. Oh, and by the way, new info is coming very soon!

---

On another note, who else can't wait to explore the Wards?

user posted image

Dem details! inlove.gif

Ferocious Banger
  • Ferocious Banger

Big Homie

• Members
  • India

Posted 28 July 2013 - 05:45 PM Edited by Ferocious Banger, 28 July 2013 - 05:47 PM.

So Jonathan Morin was talking about the re-usage of MP3's shooting mechanics[in GTAV]. The guy who linked that video to him asked them to share the tech.
He said that "[..]sharing is a must..."
I, knowing that they haven't collaborated with R*, asked Jonathan Morin this: "Have you guys teamed up with R*?! "

He replied with this: wink.gif

--
It's next to impossible for them to collaborate with R* are the moment, but this is some food for rumors.

josephene123
  • josephene123

No

• Members

Posted 28 July 2013 - 05:52 PM

QUOTE (Ferocious Banger @ Sunday, Jul 28 2013, 17:45)
So Jonathan Morin was talking about the re-usage of MP3's shooting mechanics[in GTAV]. The guy who linked that video to him asked them to share the tech.
He said that "[..]sharing is a must..."
I, knowing that they haven't collaborated with R*, asked Jonathan Morin this: "Have you guys teamed up with R*?! "

He replied with this: wink.gif

--
It's next to impossible for them to collaborate with R* are the moment, but this is some food for rumors.

What does that mean?

2 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users