Quantcast

» «
Photo

Watch Dogs

6,568 replies to this topic

Poll: On which platform are you gonna buy Watch_Dogs? (461 member(s) have cast votes)

On which platform are you gonna buy Watch_Dogs?

1. PC (122 votes [26.46%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 26.46%

2. Playstation 3 (56 votes [12.15%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 12.15%

3. Playstation 4 (102 votes [22.13%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 22.13%

4. Wii U (1 votes [0.22%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 0.22%

5. Xbox 360 (46 votes [9.98%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 9.98%

6. Xbox One (37 votes [8.03%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 8.03%

7. I'm not gonna buy Watch_Dogs (97 votes [21.04%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 21.04%

How would you rate Watch_Dogs?

1. 10 (18 votes [7.38%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.38%

2. 9 (28 votes [11.48%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 11.48%

3. 8 (60 votes [24.59%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 24.59%

4. 7 (45 votes [18.44%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 18.44%

5. 6 (32 votes [13.11%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 13.11%

6. 5 (18 votes [7.38%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.38%

7. 4 (7 votes [2.87%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.87%

8. 3 (4 votes [1.64%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.64%

9. 2 (9 votes [3.69%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.69%

10. 1 (23 votes [9.43%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 9.43%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Get Love Fisted

• Australia
  • Best Member In An Official Group 2012

Posted 22 July 2013 - 02:09 PM

QUOTE (Hurrikane @ Monday, Jul 22 2013, 02:28)
QUOTE (Xcommunicated @ Saturday, Jul 6 2013, 19:49)
QUOTE (AceRay @ Saturday, Jul 6 2013, 01:43)
Ubisoft are a company that can one day release buggy sh*t like Splinter Cell: Convictions and AC3 and then the next minute, give us heavenly piles of fun like Driver SF and FC3. They're the most schizophrenic video game company out there in terms of quality.

Yep. As amazing as WD looks, deep down I know it's basically a coin toss as to whether it'll turn out well. I'd like to believe that being a new IP, especially one that is somewhat encroaching on the GTA dominated genre, they will have gone to great lengths to get it right. But we'll see.

And yeah, I'm giving a big thumbs down to the idea of yearly releases. There is no artistic merit in churning out rehashed crap every year. As painful as the wait has been for V, I'm quite glad Rockstar has taken their time to develop a game that will likely be very original in many new, innovative ways. I only wish other developers would uphold such standards.

Well it seems the internet has taken another statement and tried to turn it into something it is not, and yet many others including yourself have fallen for the internet tweets or rather senseless ideas of yearly remake falsehoods.

A big thumbs down to what exactly? Did Producer Dominic Guay or Exec Dir. Jonathan Morin say they are making yearly makes of the game?

Here is the exact quote that people fell for.. ďThatís what all our games are about; we wonít even start if we donít think we can build a franchise out of it. Thereís no more fire and forget Ė itís too expensive.

so the tweets start like every other misleading statement that your friends, my friends take out of context, post them and run with them like wild fire.

This game took almost 5 years to make. #FACT. Senior Producer Dominic Guay has mentioned this various times to the media.

A GAME like this, open world, present time, does not get made in a year. You should know this by looking at how open world games are made. Because the CEO says they want to make it a franchise, does NOT mean it is coming out every year. Every two years possible. DLC after initial launch of course, every game has it.

so Assasins Creed has sold over 40 million and has yearly releases. Well someone bought those games, no? Well your friends and my friends made it successful.

Again an environment such as AC compared to an open world of WD is way different and you should know that with a city setting it is way more difficult to build that city compared to all the countryside, etc with AC.

What ways is GTAV original, and innovative, are you kidding me. Wait so you are saying WD is not innovative with the hacking elements, compared to walking a dog? Or WD multiplayer having an Mp where there is no lobby and also the tablet use. You have to be kidding when you say that V is innovative. No really you are kidding, V is a huge city, done before, more toys to play with, huge countryside that has been done already, customization done already, properties done already. Where is V innovative, sure its gonna be a good game, but how in the world is every npc that has pedigree information, hack anything in the world not innovative as a new ip. NEVER done before to this extent and coming day one to next gen, that takes some balls to do that.

This is how blinded some are. But why, both games are awesome, but still blinded no matter what.

What standards? The creative director talks to me on a daily basis, and is one of the most passionate human beings I have known in the gaming industry for over 30 years playing games. When was the last time a producer or exec producer tweeted the fans?

Not saying R isn't but not like these guys. This is how to interact with the fan base. Its a great style.

So how many open world games allow you to switch between multiple protagonists in free roam and/or missions, offer a fully explorable ocean and teem with wildlife in a modern urban/rural setting all rolled into one? That seems pretty innovative to me. confused.gif

You've completely undersold it IMO.

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I have moved to a new account.

• BUSTED!
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 22 July 2013 - 02:22 PM Edited by AceKingston, 26 July 2013 - 11:36 AM.

What ways is GTAV original, and innovative, are you kidding me. Wait so you are saying WD is not innovative with the hacking elements, compared to walking a dog? Or WD multiplayer having an Mp where there is no lobby and also the tablet use. You have to be kidding when you say that V is innovative. No really you are kidding, V is a huge city, done before, more toys to play with, huge countryside that has been done already, customization done already, properties done already. Where is V innovative, sure its gonna be a good game, but how in the world is every npc that has pedigree information, hack anything in the world not innovative as a new ip. NEVER done before to this extent and coming day one to next gen, that takes some balls to do that.

Apart from what Miami said. A map the size of RDR, SA and IV combined. Dog Customization (Yes D.O.G.), Heist missions, Diving, Golf, Tennis etc. What more do you want? Please elaborate. WD is indeed innovative but saying V is not innovative is absolutely in my opinion pathetic

so Assasins Creed has sold over 40 million and has yearly releases. Well someone bought those games, no? Well your friends and my friends made it successful.

Again an environment such as AC compared to an open world of WD is way different and you should know that with a city setting it is way more difficult to build that city compared to all the countryside, etc with AC.

Please, have you even played AC? The last time I checked Rome was definitely a City and not countryside

josephene123
  • josephene123

No

• Members

Posted 22 July 2013 - 03:22 PM

There's a lot of speculation at the moment that WD is going to be around the size of SA... it's obviously speculation and I'm skeptical, but how on earth are they planning on making 12 square miles of Chicago interesting enough when I'm already bored and I personally know a lot of people have the game wearing on them from the 3rd and 4th game play trailers?

Durden
  • Durden

The annoying voice in your head

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 July 2013 - 03:33 PM

Maybe Ubisoft show their passion through fan communication, but R* show their passion through the quality of their games. I'd rather see passion in the form of a mind-blowing game that makes me question what exactly is a video game, rather than being tweeted at by a creative director.

Ferocious Banger
  • Ferocious Banger

Big Homie

• Members
  • India

Posted 22 July 2013 - 04:25 PM Edited by Ferocious Banger, 22 July 2013 - 04:28 PM.

QUOTE (josephene123 @ Monday, Jul 22 2013, 20:52)
There's a lot of speculation at the moment that WD is going to be around the size of SA... it's obviously speculation and I'm skeptical, but how on earth are they planning on making 12 square miles of Chicago interesting enough when I'm already bored and I personally know a lot of people have the game wearing on them from the 3rd and 4th game play trailers?

Nik from Ubi confirmed that there are organic environments and woods. Also, 3 million different inhabitants of Chicago are confirmed to be in - maybe that way they will keep the city interesting.

----

By the way, Chicago seems to be extremely detailed. Hell, cupcakes of a random bakery are individually modeled!

josephene123
  • josephene123

No

• Members

Posted 22 July 2013 - 04:27 PM

QUOTE (Ferocious Banger @ Monday, Jul 22 2013, 16:25)

Nik from Ubi confirmed that there are organic environments and woods. Also, 3 million different inhabitants of Chicago are confirmed to be in - maybe that way they will keep the city interesting.

I don't see the woods making up significant portions of a game which is centered around hacking but I could be wrong. What does '3 million different inhabitants' mean? Does that mean that when you scan somebody's database there are going to be 3 million different results?

Ferocious Banger
  • Ferocious Banger

Big Homie

• Members
  • India

Posted 22 July 2013 - 04:29 PM Edited by Ferocious Banger, 22 July 2013 - 04:36 PM.

QUOTE (josephene123 @ Monday, Jul 22 2013, 21:57)

I don't see the woods making up significant portions of a game which is centered around hacking but I could be wrong. What does '3 million different inhabitants' mean? Does that mean that when you scan somebody's database there are going to be 3 million different results?

The population of the city is said to be 3 million. All the three million will have something unique to them.
It most likely is mix and mash of different combinations of names, occupations, salaries etc, etc .

To answer your question, there are 30+ weapons in the game. Maybe at some point, Aiden loses his phone and hence he starts using his weapons? Maybe the main antagonist or someone escapes out of the city - and out of CtOS' range and Aiden has to track them using conventional methods?

josephene123
  • josephene123

No

• Members

Posted 22 July 2013 - 04:37 PM Edited by josephene123, 22 July 2013 - 04:45 PM.

QUOTE (Ferocious Banger @ Monday, Jul 22 2013, 16:29)

The population of the city is said to be 3 million. All the three million will have something unique to them.
It most likely is mix and mash of different combinations of names, occupations, salaries etc, etc .

To answer your question, there are 30+ weapons in the game. Maybe at some point, Aiden loses his phone and hence he starts using his weapons? Maybe the main antagonist or someone escapes out of the city - and out of CtOS' range and Aiden has to track them using conventional methods?

Yeah I thought so, I guess it's known by this point that I'm not high on this game so I apologize if I seem like a troll of sorts. But again, maybe it's different tastes but that's not something that I would find intriguing in a game. It's great that they have that kind of variation in the population (though a lot of them will end up looking identical) but scanning through pedestrian after pedestrian isn't something that'll keep it interesting for me. I just want something to bring my interest in the game back to where it was after the first footage they
released, but I feel like I'm too set on what it'll be like by now for that to happen sad.gif

EDIT: I actually like that. That's definitely interesting, I know that's speculation but the possibility of that happening within the game gets me a little excited for some reason

EDIT: Took the picture out, it's not relevant

Ferocious Banger
  • Ferocious Banger

Big Homie

• Members
  • India

Posted 22 July 2013 - 04:42 PM

QUOTE (josephene123 @ Monday, Jul 22 2013, 22:07)

Yeah I thought so, I guess it's known by this point that I'm not high on this game so I apologize if I seem like a troll of sorts. But again, maybe it's different tastes but that's not something that I would find intriguing in a game. It's great that they have that kind of variation in the population (though a lot of them will end up looking identical) but scanning through pedestrian after pedestrian isn't something that'll keep it interesting for me. I just want something to bring my interest in the game back to where it was after the first footage they released, but I feel like I'm too set on what it'll be like by now for that to happen sad.gif

EDIT: I actually like that. That's definitely interesting, I know that's speculation but the possibility of that happening within the game gets me a little excited for some reason

I think Ubisoft have pulled off a Far Cry 3 with this, in the sense, the first demo looked mighty impressive unlike the version of the game we got to see later. With WD, the first demo looked nigh on photo-realistic and all the other demos have looked worse than the first demo.

It may be because of the fact that it was run on PC. But then again the PS4 demo was also run on PC.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 22 July 2013 - 04:53 PM

QUOTE (Ferocious Banger @ Monday, Jul 22 2013, 18:42)
QUOTE (josephene123 @ Monday, Jul 22 2013, 22:07)

Yeah I thought so, I guess it's known by this point that I'm not high on this game so I apologize if I seem like a troll of sorts. But again, maybe it's different tastes but that's not something that I would find intriguing in a game. It's great that they have that kind of variation in the population (though a lot of them will end up looking identical) but scanning through pedestrian after pedestrian isn't something that'll keep it interesting for me. I just want something to bring my interest in the game back to where it was after the first footage they released, but I feel like I'm too set on what it'll be like by now for that to happen sad.gif

I think Ubisoft have pulled off a Far Cry 3 with this, in the sense, the first demo looked mighty impressive unlike the version of the game we got to see later. With WD, the first demo looked nigh on photo-realistic and all the other demos have looked worse than the first demo.

It may be because of the fact that it was run on PC. But then again the PS4 demo was also run on PC.

ofc it will look worse. thats common for Ubisoft when they develop for PC.

You wont see that level of graphics on either plattform. Just like in Far Cry3.
Reason:
when developing for PC you develop for a ultra high end PC ( which no normal person would ever have )
that version will get a downgrade so it runs on a wide range of PCs.

A Game like The Division is different as its developed for console with an engine tailor made for next gen. That means they have the exact specs they can develop for and dont have to make it run on infinite PC set ups.

If you watch games like GRFS which were developed for console, they look like in their showcases.

What I mean:

The 2012 E3 Demo is no indicator of how the game will look like. Thats also the reason why I laugh at people who think it will look like the 2012 Demo on PC while the nxt gen consoles will get the "downgraded" version from this years E3 and Jimmy Fallon Gameplay.
All Plattforms will suffer from that downgrade...
why else should they show a worse version if there is a better one which they already showed a year ago?

Ferocious Banger
  • Ferocious Banger

Big Homie

• Members
  • India

Posted 23 July 2013 - 06:55 AM

My tweet:
@Hurricane4343 @Design_Cave @ubi_nik talked about woods. Are they there?

Jonothan's tweet:

@Hurricane4343 @FerociousBanger You'll see smile.gif

So, woods are a big likelihood!

GTA5forEVER
  • GTA5forEVER

Square Civilian

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 July 2013 - 05:34 PM

I'm definitely looking forward to this game on my PS3, but I've honestly lost most of my hype for it. Call me a fanboy or whatnot, but GTA V is going to be the MOST innovative, and fresh experience out of all open world games and in general.

ZeeKid2k10
  • ZeeKid2k10

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 23 July 2013 - 06:29 PM Edited by ZeeKid2k10, 23 July 2013 - 06:31 PM.

user posted image

user posted image 1/3 of the Map

In my option

Watch Dogs will be around 10-11 squares

Mainly focus on Downtown Chicago area and few outskirt suburbs

GTA5 will around 43 Sq Miles

Grand Theft Savage
  • Grand Theft Savage

'Bout that life

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 July 2013 - 11:28 PM

Starting to have mixed feelings on this game again... It's just lacking in too many fields as opposed to GTA V. I know that it isn't fair to compare the two, but still...

Eagles
  • Eagles

Here we go, kids

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 24 July 2013 - 11:35 PM

QUOTE (Grand Theft Savage @ Wednesday, Jul 24 2013, 20:28)
Starting to have mixed feelings on this game again... It's just lacking in too many fields as opposed to GTA V. I know that it isn't fair to compare the two, but still...

I agree. They're focusing too much in hacking stuff that it seems like a linear game, not an open-world game with explorable space.
They haven't talked about things to do while free-roaming except for hacking into smartphones and cameras.

SilverRST
  • SilverRST

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 July 2013 - 03:17 AM

Watch Dogs looks nice and all and I'm looking forward to it.
However, if this game is all about hacking and camera's, the gameplay will get boring soon.
If WD only has cities and buildings, gameplay will get boring sooner.
I hope it's more than just hacking and buildings. Otherwise...GTAV.

I<3GTAV
  • I<3GTAV

I LOVE GARY PAYTON NO ONE UNDERSTANDS

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 July 2013 - 03:40 PM

I might consider getting this for Christmas, I'll have to do more research.

walkingsickness
  • walkingsickness

Mr. "Blow Your Head Off"

• Members

Posted 25 July 2013 - 04:17 PM

QUOTE (Eagles @ Wednesday, Jul 24 2013, 23:35)

I agree. They're focusing too much in hacking stuff that it seems like a linear game, not an open-world game with explorable space.
They haven't talked about things to do while free-roaming except for hacking into smartphones and cameras.

Does every game have to be an open world game compared to another? Sure WD is focus on hacking into
everything...that is the main premise of the game. To be a vigilantly of some sort by
utilizing the ability to hack into every computer system that is available.

But I think people are comparing WD to GTA V, which are two different games. I wouldn't
care if there isn't a lot to do in free roam other than hacking into stuff and exploring that
bit of the world, because that is what its meant to do, on its own.

Comparing it to GTA V free roam is completely nonsense IMO. Simply put WD is like COD
its another stand alone game that doesn't need to be compared to any other game.

Grand Theft Savage
  • Grand Theft Savage

'Bout that life

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 July 2013 - 06:58 PM

QUOTE (walkingsickness @ Thursday, Jul 25 2013, 16:17)
But I think people are comparing WD to GTA V, which are two different games. I wouldn't
care if there isn't a lot to do in free roam other than hacking into stuff and exploring that

Comparing it to GTA V free roam is completely nonsense IMO. Simply put WD is like COD
its another stand alone game that doesn't need to be compared to any other game.

It can't be helped, though. Watch Dogs and GTA V are in the same genre after all. It's impossible to look at both games and not make a comparison of some sort. And when I look at Watch Dogs... It isn't anywhere near GTA V's level in my honest opinion. Both games may have very different concepts, but you can't deny the similarities. This is what is causing the comparisons.

No it isn't. Watch Dogs isn't anything like CoD in that sense. And people compare other games to Call of Duty all of the time (even Street Fighter...) so that doesn't even make sense. Watch Dogs is a new open-world IP. The way to determine an actual good game is to look at how it contrasts in positive ways from other games in the same genre.

Eagles
  • Eagles

Here we go, kids

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 25 July 2013 - 07:16 PM

QUOTE (walkingsickness @ Thursday, Jul 25 2013, 13:17)
QUOTE (Eagles @ Wednesday, Jul 24 2013, 23:35)

Does every game have to be an open world game compared to another? Sure WD is focus on hacking into
everything...that is the main premise of the game. To be a vigilantly of some sort by
utilizing the ability to hack into every computer system that is available.

Wouldn't it be easier to make a linear game then, instead of an open-world game?
I understand the differences between GTA V and Watch Dogs, but as Savage said, you can't deny that both are in the same genre, therefore we are forced to compare both in some ways.

But after all I'm confident. Ubisoft is a great company and they're producing awesome games. The effort they are putting into this game seems to be big, so we can expect good things coming from them.

Mr. Sleepy
  • Mr. Sleepy

Infamous

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 25 July 2013 - 08:18 PM

Comparing Watch Dogs to GTA is f*cking retarded, one game's theme is about hacking, the other is stealing cars and running people over.
Of course Watch Dogs' game will be all about hacking, after all, it's the game's freaking theme, what do you want to do? Do Yoga in Watch Dogs?

All of you were so spoiled by Rockstar's games that you can't open your eyes to anything else, you're so narrow-minded that you can't accept any other game without looking at GTA.
What is GTA without story? Nothing. Shooting people and running people over? Gets boring after a while.

I am not saying that GTA is sh*t, because it is not, but stop acting like it is the apex of gaming and whatnot, for real.

What are you expecting in a game about hacking? To fly over the rainbow with a pig and sing happy songs or whatever? :|

Sorry, but either accept other games or stop looking at other games and just play GTA.

You're acting as if Rockstar are the only ones good at making open-world games and they're the best, hurrrrrr... Let's see them doing something else.

Because I see other companies doing a lot of different styles even if they got no sales near Rockstar's GTA.

Do you want to know why is GTA selling so well? Because it is known a lot in the world. That's why.

lazy.
  • lazy.

could you PLEASE stop using that f*cking blue font?!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 25 July 2013 - 08:23 PM

QUOTE (Sleepy187. @ Thursday, Jul 25 2013, 20:18)
Comparing Watch Dogs to GTA is f*cking retarded, one game's theme is about hacking, the other is stealing cars and running people over.
Of course Watch Dogs' game will be all about hacking, after all, it's the game's freaking theme, what do you want to do? Do Yoga in Watch Dogs?

All of you were so spoiled by Rockstar's games that you can't open your eyes to anything else, you're so narrow-minded that you can't accept any other game without looking at GTA.
What is GTA without story? Nothing. Shooting people and running people over? Gets boring after a while.

I am not saying that GTA is sh*t, because it is not, but stop acting like it is the apex of gaming and whatnot, for real.

What are you expecting in a game about hacking? To fly over the rainbow with a pig and sing happy songs or whatever? :|

Sorry, but either accept other games or stop looking at other games and just play GTA.

You're acting as if Rockstar are the only ones good at making open-world games and they're the best, hurrrrrr... Let's see them doing something else.

Because I see other companies doing a lot of different styles even if they got no sales near Rockstar's GTA.

Do you want to know why is GTA selling so well? Because it is known a lot in the world. That's why.

Actually uhh, it sells a lot because it's good. It wouldn't be so well known and bought if people didn't like it, would it? smile.gif

For the record, R* have done other genres and done a pretty damn good job at that. Midnight Club series and Max Payne 3 for example.

Also, GTA is a lot without story. There is a reason the multiplayer section is active and it's because there's lots to do. Racing, Team Mafia Work,,,,Cops and Crooks, all sorts.

Mr. Sleepy
  • Mr. Sleepy

Infamous

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 25 July 2013 - 08:29 PM

Maybe YOU perceive it like that and A LOT OF people, but for me if it weren't since I was a kid, playing GTA since GTA, I probably wouldn't pick it now, I don't know.

But for me, what's to GTA after story? Nothing really, look at IV, within two days after the story I couldn't even put the disk inside. There's nothing to do.
Also, not a lot of people play multiplayer judging by these forums, 90% HATE multiplayer because there's no "split-screen", God I hate that awful split-screen.

All I'm saying is I see people accessing the Watch Dogs topic, they KNOW that the game is about hacking and they expect a lot of unnecessary features like .. Yoga? For real?! Or .. Diving underwater? What's the point of it in a game about hacking.

The game is about hacking and they're saying that hacking will get repetitive, either shut up and play the game if you want or stop complaining about hacking when it is the game's main theme.

Sheesh... :|

josephene123
  • josephene123

No

• Members

Posted 25 July 2013 - 08:44 PM Edited by josephene123, 25 July 2013 - 08:50 PM.

QUOTE (Sleepy187. @ Thursday, Jul 25 2013, 20:29)
Maybe YOU perceive it like that and A LOT OF people, but for me if it weren't since I was a kid, playing GTA since GTA, I probably wouldn't pick it now, I don't know.

But for me, what's to GTA after story? Nothing really, look at IV, within two days after the story I couldn't even put the disk inside. There's nothing to do.
Also, not a lot of people play multiplayer judging by these forums, 90% HATE multiplayer because there's no "split-screen", God I hate that awful split-screen.

All I'm saying is I see people accessing the Watch Dogs topic, they KNOW that the game is about hacking and they expect a lot of unnecessary features like .. Yoga? For real?! Or .. Diving underwater? What's the point of it in a game about hacking.

The game is about hacking and they're saying that hacking will get repetitive, either shut up and play the game if you want or stop complaining about hacking when it is the game's main theme.

Sheesh... :|

The problem for me is that the hacking seems to limit the game a lot. I don't really know what GTA is 'about', if you're saying WD is about hacking. I know Grand Theft Auto is in the name, but it doesn't feel like the game is structures totally around that, because there is so many other things to do in it. Watch Dogs hasn't showed us that, yet.

But what I mean when I say that hacking 'limits' the game, is that it seems like just about anything can be done by going onto your phone and pressing a button. He brought down a helicopter just by pressing a button! Now, in GTA, or even Saints Row (ugh), you don't have this ability. You're forced to use weapons or run away, which is more fun than hacking it. Because quite frankly, there isn't that much variation on HOW you hack this helicopter. You just press the button, walk away. Press the button, walk away. It's nearly the same every time, even when pulling up the road blocks.

But you might say, Watch Dogs still gives you the ability to take them down with weapons, or run away, but in the moment, why would you?

That's just one example and not a very great one at that, but I think it gives some idea as to why I think it limits the game, but as ferocious banger said, an interesting direction to go in with the story is if Aiden loses the phone and ability at some point, which is pretty likely imo

Mr. Sleepy
  • Mr. Sleepy

Infamous

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 25 July 2013 - 08:50 PM

QUOTE (josephene123 @ Thursday, Jul 25 2013, 23:44)
But you might say, Watch Dogs still gives you the ability to take them down with weapons, or run away, but in the moment, why would you?

That's just one example and not a very great one at that, but I think it gives some idea as to why I think it limits the game.

Why wouldn't I? There are two ways to get rid of the helicopter, shooting or hacking. I can choose what I want, sounds like fun.
Admittedly I haven't watched recent news about Watch Dogs, but the game seems like a beast for me.

I don't see it as a limit to be honest, as it doesn't limit the players to take down the helicopter by hacking only. See what I mean?

Then you got some people, who even posted in this thread, and were like.. "KAN U EVEN BY DOGS IN WATCX 'DOGS' HURRR HURR HURR", Do they know what does "Watch Dogs" even stand for? It comes from the proverb "Who watches the watchmen" but edited I think in Ubisoft's way. http://en.wikipedia......sos_custodes? < that's the original latin proverb.

For real now..

AceRay
  • AceRay

In my restless dreams, I see that town...

• Members

Posted 25 July 2013 - 08:54 PM

I think WD's main strength is the options you're given to take down a mission, like Deus Ex. Do you want to go in with stealth and remain undetected? Do you want to go in guns blazing. Do you want to hack everything from the outside? Its a lot less linear in terms of mission design, imo, so that's its main strength over GTA.

Grand Theft Savage
  • Grand Theft Savage

'Bout that life

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 July 2013 - 08:55 PM

1) Comparing Watch Dogs to GTA is f*cking retarded

2) one game's theme is about hacking, the other is stealing cars and running people over.

3)Of course Watch Dogs' game will be all about hacking, after all, it's the game's freaking theme, what do you want to do? Do Yoga in Watch Dogs?

4) All of you were so spoiled by Rockstar's games that you can't open your eyes to anything else, you're so narrow-minded that you can't accept any other game without looking at GTA.

5) What is GTA without story? Nothing. Shooting people and running people over? Gets boring after a while.

6) I am not saying that GTA is sh*t, because it is not, but stop acting like it is the apex of gaming and whatnot, for real.

7) What are you expecting in a game about hacking? To fly over the rainbow with a pig and sing happy songs or whatever? :|

8) Sorry, but either accept other games or stop looking at other games and just play GTA.

9) You're acting as if Rockstar are the only ones good at making open-world games and they're the best, hurrrrrr... Let's see them doing something else. Because I see other companies doing a lot of different styles even if they got no sales near Rockstar's GTA.

10) Do you want to know why is GTA selling so well? Because it is known a lot in the world. That's why.

Really, though, I don't think I have ever read anything this stupid in a long time. You remind me of one of those dumb ass GTA haters that spam the comment sections on YouTube. It's like you have never played a GTA before...

1) Bullsh*t. Both are in the same genre. You have to compare them. Just because the concepts are different doesn't put them in entirely new categories. Just as Assassin's Creed and Far Cry is still comparable to Watch Dogs. All open world games can be compared. That is how you determine if the game is better than other, you idiot.

2) That isn't GTA's theme, idiot.

3) Why not? I mean, to have the option there just goes to show how much freedom is in the game. If you can't realize that then you are an idiot.

4) Because GTA is the best. It shapes what a good game looks like. Listen, kid, gaming is all about freedom. Especially in the open world genre. Games that are bursting with content sell the most because people actually feel free to whatever they want in the game. You are, quite clearly, blind to the fact that Rockstar Games delivers FREEDOM. If you aren't bringing out as much freedom, then of course your game will not be better.

5) Further proof that you just don't understand gaming. I could say the same to you, what is Watch Dogs without story? Hacking? That gets boring after a while. Sh*t, to be honest, I haven't even played Watch Dogs yet and I'm bored of it yawn.gif

6) But it is rolleyes.gif

7) Completely irrelevant and just pushes me to believe you are stupid. The game does not have as much freedom as GTA. And after comparing it to GTA, I am no longer impressed with it.

8) Will do

9) yawn.gif Know you're just proving you don't know anything about Rockstar... They DOMINATE the open world genre. Rockstar rules that sh*t with an iron fist. And, even better, they do other genres, such as the Max Payne and Midnight Club series, which get nominated for wards pretty often.
Basically, this is what I'm reading: "OMG u guyz keep saying rockstar iz duh best butts watch dogz iz better becuz itz better u can hacks thingz!" lol.gif

10) Do you know why it's known a lot in the world? Because it's a damn good franchise, that's why.

josephene123
  • josephene123

No

• Members

Posted 25 July 2013 - 08:58 PM

QUOTE (Sleepy187. @ Thursday, Jul 25 2013, 20:50)
QUOTE (josephene123 @ Thursday, Jul 25 2013, 23:44)

That's just one example and not a very great one at that, but I think it gives some idea as to why I think it limits the game.

Why wouldn't I? There are two ways to get rid of the helicopter, shooting or hacking. I can choose what I want, sounds like fun.
Admittedly I haven't watched recent news about Watch Dogs, but the game seems like a beast for me.

I don't see it as a limit to be honest, as it doesn't limit the players to take down the helicopter by hacking only. See what I mean?

Because I see it like... Call of Duty offering you five weapons, but one of them is MUCH more effective than the others and kills in one hit, whilst the others aren't as great but offer more diversity in how you play the game. I just don't see people passing up the opportunity to use the game's most prized feature when they are in the situation. Consider that obviously there will be times when you don't even have the weapons to take down a helicopter, you aren't going to run away, you're going to hack it and give up the experience of a potentially thrilling chase. I know I'm over exaggerating but I you understand my point.

Of course, there is also the possibility that you won't have the hacking ability from the get go to inflict damage like that on the helicopter, and you'd have to develop it throughout the game.

Mr. Sleepy
  • Mr. Sleepy

Infamous

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 25 July 2013 - 09:08 PM Edited by Sleepy187., 25 July 2013 - 09:23 PM.

QUOTE (Grand Theft Savage @ Thursday, Jul 25 2013, 23:55)
1) Comparing Watch Dogs to GTA is f*cking retarded

2) one game's theme is about hacking, the other is stealing cars and running people over.

3)Of course Watch Dogs' game will be all about hacking, after all, it's the game's freaking theme, what do you want to do? Do Yoga in Watch Dogs?

4) All of you were so spoiled by Rockstar's games that you can't open your eyes to anything else, you're so narrow-minded that you can't accept any other game without looking at GTA.

5) What is GTA without story? Nothing. Shooting people and running people over? Gets boring after a while.

6) I am not saying that GTA is sh*t, because it is not, but stop acting like it is the apex of gaming and whatnot, for real.

7) What are you expecting in a game about hacking? To fly over the rainbow with a pig and sing happy songs or whatever? :|

8) Sorry, but either accept other games or stop looking at other games and just play GTA.

9) You're acting as if Rockstar are the only ones good at making open-world games and they're the best, hurrrrrr... Let's see them doing something else. Because I see other companies doing a lot of different styles even if they got no sales near Rockstar's GTA.

10) Do you want to know why is GTA selling so well? Because it is known a lot in the world. That's why.

Really, though, I don't think I have ever read anything this stupid in a long time. You remind me of one of those dumb ass GTA haters that spam the comment sections on YouTube. It's like you have never played a GTA before...

1) Bullsh*t. Both are in the same genre. You have to compare them. Just because the concepts are different doesn't put them in entirely new categories. Just as Assassin's Creed and Far Cry is still comparable to Watch Dogs. All open world games can be compared. That is how you determine if the game is better than other, you idiot.

2) That isn't GTA's theme, idiot.

3) Why not? I mean, to have the option there just goes to show how much freedom is in the game. If you can't realize that then you are an idiot.

4) Because GTA is the best. It shapes what a good game looks like. Listen, kid, gaming is all about freedom. Especially in the open world genre. Games that are bursting with content sell the most because people actually feel free to whatever they want in the game. You are, quite clearly, blind to the fact that Rockstar Games delivers FREEDOM. If you aren't bringing out as much freedom, then of course your game will not be better.

5) Further proof that you just don't understand gaming. I could say the same to you, what is Watch Dogs without story? Hacking? That gets boring after a while. Sh*t, to be honest, I haven't even played Watch Dogs yet and I'm bored of it yawn.gif

6) But it is rolleyes.gif

7) Completely irrelevant and just pushes me to believe you are stupid. The game does not have as much freedom as GTA. And after comparing it to GTA, I am no longer impressed with it.

8) Will do

9) yawn.gif Know you're just proving you don't know anything about Rockstar... They DOMINATE the open world genre. Rockstar rules that sh*t with an iron fist. And, even better, they do other genres, such as the Max Payne and Midnight Club series, which get nominated for wards pretty often.
Basically, this is what I'm reading: "OMG u guyz keep saying rockstar iz duh best butts watch dogz iz better becuz itz better u can hacks thingz!" lol.gif

10) Do you know why it's known a lot in the world? Because it's a damn good franchise, that's why.

1. No, they can't be compared.

2. Then what is the GTA theme you retard? There's no sticky theme. Look at III, VC, SA, IV and now V, each has different sh*t in it.

3. You haven't even played the game you fool. And please, don't tell me IV's mission weren't linear, "Go to X driving a Buffalo, now kill these people with a handgun", really? f*cking noob.

4. GTA isn't the best and stop calling me a kid you f*cktard. You've seriously angered me a lot and I don't like to insult people, but the only kid I see here is you, insulting me in every point like a stupid idiot.

5. I understand gaming and perhaps more than you can. Thought of that? I've been gaming since I was 4 years old. Proves that you're nothing but a narrow-minded idiotic fanboy.

6. Don't even know what to respond, really, typical fanboy mindset.

7. Sorry but you're the stupid one if you're expecting to go diving in a game like Watch Dogs.

Won't even bother with the rest, you're a narrow-minded c*nt, and I /will/ get warned because I went on and stated my opinion with insults, because how can I not respond in such a manner to an abomination to the gaming industry like you? Honestly I'd appreciate it if you'd just shut the f*ck up and stop responding to me. I can't even bother with people like you.

Look at josephene123, at least he/she can respond in a nice manner, unlike a f*cktard like you.
P.S. you remind me of one of those narrow-minded typical retards who can't accept anything else and is afraid of change. I don't even think you've finished elementary school yet, because if you'd read my previous posts, you'd see that I've been playing GTA since GTA. But of course, what can I expect from a fool like you.

@josephene123, I respect your opinion and it is fine if you won't like the game that much, and I remember Ubisoft mentioned that the game has a "skill tree", which indicates that it will take some time before your hacking ability goes up to hack a helicopter or more than that.

P.Sx2: I really have nothing against the average GTA gamer or a GTA fan, but when you see a fanboy, oh boy..
Respect to all who respect other games/companies.

lazy.
  • lazy.

could you PLEASE stop using that f*cking blue font?!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 25 July 2013 - 09:24 PM

QUOTE (Sleepy187. @ Thursday, Jul 25 2013, 21:08)
I've been gaming since I was 4 years old

So you've been gaming for what, two months now? smile.gif

Look Sleepy, GTAV is simply the more diverse game. With a mindset of "who wants to go diving in a game like watch_dogs", no one would have achieved anything.

When GTA1 was released, nobody thought they'd be able to fly planes, play tennis, have three characters and have everything else that's been added to GTA. But we can now. And you know why? Because Rockstar didn't sit back and think "eh, our game's about stealing cars, let's not bother with actually working on this game"

You WILL get bored of hacking quickly, there's no doubt about it. You're looking at the hacking now thinking it's the best thing ever, but when you have the game in your hands you'll realise that it isn't.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users