Quantcast

» «
Photo

Watch Dogs

6,391 replies to this topic

Poll: On which platform are you gonna buy Watch_Dogs? (399 member(s) have cast votes)

On which platform are you gonna buy Watch_Dogs?

1. PC (109 votes [27.32%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 27.32%

2. Playstation 3 (51 votes [12.78%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 12.78%

3. Playstation 4 (85 votes [21.30%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 21.30%

4. Wii U (1 votes [0.25%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 0.25%

5. Xbox 360 (43 votes [10.78%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.78%

6. Xbox One (35 votes [8.77%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 8.77%

7. I'm not gonna buy Watch_Dogs (75 votes [18.80%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 18.80%

How would you rate Watch_Dogs?

1. 10 (16 votes [8.89%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 8.89%

2. 9 (22 votes [12.22%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 12.22%

3. 8 (52 votes [28.89%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 28.89%

4. 7 (31 votes [17.22%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 17.22%

5. 6 (24 votes [13.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 13.33%

6. 5 (12 votes [6.67%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.67%

7. 4 (3 votes [1.67%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.67%

8. 3 (1 votes [0.56%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 0.56%

9. 2 (7 votes [3.89%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.89%

10. 1 (12 votes [6.67%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.67%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Grand Theft Savage
  • Grand Theft Savage

'Bout that life

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 June 2013 - 05:07 PM

QUOTE (Ferocious Banger @ Friday, Jun 28 2013, 04:38)
QUOTE (Grand Theft Savage @ Friday, Jun 28 2013, 09:04)
QUOTE (JBanton @ Thursday, Jun 27 2013, 21:09)
http://wearedata.watchdogs.com/

My hype for Watch Dogs has officially surpassed my current hype for GTA V. A-f*cking-MAZING.

That's not the map Of Watch Dogs.

I didn't say it was...

Ferocious Banger
  • Ferocious Banger

Big Homie

• Members
  • India

Posted 29 June 2013 - 04:40 AM

QUOTE (Ferocious Banger @ Friday, Jun 28 2013, 21:44)
Fields and woods out of the city are confirmed!

QUOTE (UbiNik)
how big is the map? Big.

is varied, There are fields? or woods? Yes it is... lots of variety... you'll see more soon.

There will be animals? No But that's in my list... (see previous answer).

Source:http://www.watchdogsforum.net/viewtopic.php?p=7039#p7039

Quoting this.

JBanton
  • JBanton

Mr. Nice-Guy...

• Members

Posted 29 June 2013 - 03:35 PM

Swimming confirmed here

lh1
  • lh1

Homie

• Members

Posted 29 June 2013 - 04:43 PM

QUOTE (Ferocious Banger @ Saturday, Jun 29 2013, 04:40)
QUOTE (Ferocious Banger @ Friday, Jun 28 2013, 21:44)
Fields and woods out of the city are confirmed!

QUOTE (UbiNik)
how big is the map? Big.

is varied, There are fields? or woods? Yes it is... lots of variety... you'll see more soon.

There will be animals? No But that's in my list... (see previous answer).

Source:http://www.watchdogsforum.net/viewtopic.php?p=7039#p7039

Quoting this.

This is awesome !!

Fields and woods biggrin.gif Trying to compete with GTA V it seems, but still the hacking part in these areas is going to be fun

wwinterj
  • wwinterj

Boss

• Members

Posted 29 June 2013 - 04:47 PM

Hmmm might hold off on this and buy it if/when I get a PS4 next year. I suppose on the plus side I could get the game in a sale and it'll give me a long gap from GTA V to Watch Dogs so Watch Dogs will cure the open world itch I no doubt will get. I'll see how it goes but it's sounding great.

nigelhere9901
  • nigelhere9901

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 29 June 2013 - 06:32 PM

QUOTE (JBanton @ Saturday, Jun 29 2013, 15:35)
Swimming confirmed here

Great. Not that I was expecting otherwise, but it's great to see they're not pulling up a Tommy Vercetti.

Narcis_speed6
  • Narcis_speed6

The Saint

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 29 June 2013 - 06:38 PM

I hope they will put this up on Steam, I don't like having my games on 100 different softwares...

nigelhere9901
  • nigelhere9901

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 29 June 2013 - 07:02 PM

QUOTE (Narcis_speed6 @ Saturday, Jun 29 2013, 18:38)
I hope they will put this up on Steam, I don't like having my games on 100 different softwares...

Seeing that the recent Ubisoft games, AC3 and Far Cry 3, are available on STEAM, I don't see any reason why Watch_Dogs wouldn't be.

JBanton
  • JBanton

Mr. Nice-Guy...

• Members

Posted 30 June 2013 - 07:19 AM

During the Jimmy Fallon video, there was this;

user posted image

So that's different coloured wheels, window tint and a rear wing. Another piece of possible evidence?

I was taking a closer look at that black car and I noticed something else...

user posted image

The rear bumper is custom; it has a large area removed in the bottom-central region. The car's standard rear bumper looks like this;

user posted image

So that's certain evidence for vehicles having different aero parts and colours for wheels. Whether or not us players can do that is unknown still.

SwaggedOut
  • SwaggedOut

Work hard, play hard

• Members

Posted 01 July 2013 - 07:18 PM

Looks like Watch Dogs is promising a lot of things then; I like it.

Grand Theft Savage
  • Grand Theft Savage

'Bout that life

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 July 2013 - 02:50 AM Edited by Grand Theft Savage, 02 July 2013 - 03:46 AM.

My friend came back from California. He said he played a little bit of Watch Dogs at the Ubisoft Booth in E3. He couldn't talk much about it, but he really doesn't like it...

EDIT: He was complaining about the combat, describing it as 'terrible'.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 02 July 2013 - 02:53 AM

QUOTE (Grand Theft Savage @ Tuesday, Jul 2 2013, 04:50)
My friend came back from California. He said he played a little bit of Watch Dogs at the Ubisoft Booth in E3. He couldn't talk much about it, but he really doesn't like it...

Was it even playable at E3?
Havent seen Off Screen vids. Only the showcase and the Gameplay from the late night show

Grand Theft Savage
  • Grand Theft Savage

'Bout that life

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 July 2013 - 03:01 AM

QUOTE (iNero @ Tuesday, Jul 2 2013, 02:53)
QUOTE (Grand Theft Savage @ Tuesday, Jul 2 2013, 04:50)

Was it even playable at E3?
Havent seen Off Screen vids. Only the showcase and the Gameplay from the late night show

I didn't think it was either until he told me. It was "behind closed doors" according to some websites.

LemonFreak.
  • LemonFreak.

Snitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 July 2013 - 06:50 AM

Hard to believe, otherwise it would've been reported on various gaming websites that some people got to play it.

godforgivesthelostdont
  • godforgivesthelostdont

Peon

• Members

Posted 02 July 2013 - 07:01 AM

IMO, Watch Dogs looks like a game that will be good, but not amazing or GOTY contender.

Yes, it looks good, but it's just eye candy. Being just a congested city, it's coming years late from GTAIV because GTAV has learned to add more color and texture. Yes, the mindreading feature is appreciated but it's just a gimmick. So far it just seems like any other drive and shoot GTA clone (with some great graphics).

Grand Theft Savage
  • Grand Theft Savage

'Bout that life

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 July 2013 - 05:05 PM Edited by Grand Theft Savage, 02 July 2013 - 05:10 PM.

QUOTE (LemonFreak. @ Tuesday, Jul 2 2013, 06:50)
Hard to believe, otherwise it would've been reported on various gaming websites that some people got to play it.

He said they aren't allowed to talk about it. This site says a little bit, though.
http://www.videogame...doors_demo.html

DarthShinobi
  • DarthShinobi

100% Natural awesomeness in every post.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 July 2013 - 05:10 PM

Does he work for one the big gaming websites? If it was behind closed doors I doubt they'd let some random person in..

The__Phoenix
  • The__Phoenix

aka bud23

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 July 2013 - 05:30 PM

Ubisoft has a 10 year/long-term plan for Watch Dogs

The Guardian: Bungie has a 10-year plan for destiny can you think in that way with Watch Dogs?

DG: Honestly that's what we're doing too. Here's the way we think about it: even if we change our minds mid-course or after shipping Watch Dogs and say 'scratch that, we'll do something else', the planning helps to make a strong core. We've all seen TV series where after a season there are a lot of mysteries; then at the start of season two you think, they didn't know what was going to happen - they're just stringing us along! You feel it! And it's the same with games. If there's a clear long-term plan, you'll have stronger characters, the universe will be more coherent. So when you have the luxury of creating a new brand - which is happening less and less in this industry, you need to do just that. We've been doing the same thing Bungie has been doing we're trying to see how our characters and world will evolve. That's always in the back of our heads.

The Guardian: Are we heading toward an era where all games are essentially platforms, where there are no sequels, just continuous updates?

DG: I Think gamers will decide - I don't think developers will impose that model on players. But clearly what we're trying to do with Watch Dogs is be ready to go in that direction if that's what people want. In the way we build the city, our systems and our technology, we can grow the universe of Watch Dogs either in discreet sequels or in a more gradual way if that is the way the business model evolves.

http://www.guardian....eview-interview

We will play WD X before GTA VII, fascinating.

nigelhere9901
  • nigelhere9901

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 02 July 2013 - 06:57 PM

QUOTE (bud23 @ Tuesday, Jul 2 2013, 17:30)

The Guardian: Bungie has a 10-year plan for destiny can you think in that way with Watch Dogs?

DG: Honestly that's what we're doing too. Here's the way we think about it: even if we change our minds mid-course or after shipping Watch Dogs and say 'scratch that, we'll do something else', the planning helps to make a strong core. We've all seen TV series where after a season there are a lot of mysteries; then at the start of season two you think, they didn't know what was going to happen - they're just stringing us along! You feel it! And it's the same with games. If there's a clear long-term plan, you'll have stronger characters, the universe will be more coherent. So when you have the luxury of creating a new brand - which is happening less and less in this industry, you need to do just that. We've been doing the same thing Bungie has been doing we're trying to see how our characters and world will evolve. That's always in the back of our heads.

The Guardian: Are we heading toward an era where all games are essentially platforms, where there are no sequels, just continuous updates?

DG: I Think gamers will decide - I don't think developers will impose that model on players. But clearly what we're trying to do with Watch Dogs is be ready to go in that direction if that's what people want. In the way we build the city, our systems and our technology, we can grow the universe of Watch Dogs either in discreet sequels or in a more gradual way if that is the way the business model evolves.

And Ubisoft's milking continues...

Cyberzone2
  • Cyberzone2

Zee's assistant and Resident Troll

• Members

Posted 02 July 2013 - 07:00 PM

2014: Watch dogs in China

2015: Watch dogs attack of the C.A.T.S

2016: Watch dogs revelation

2017: Watch dogs II

2018 : Watch dogs brotherhood

2019:Watch dogs III

2020: Watch Dogs in space with LASERSZZZZ

2021: Watch dogs IV

2022:Watch dogs the legacy

2023: Watch dogs VI

LemonFreak.
  • LemonFreak.

Snitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 July 2013 - 07:15 PM

QUOTE (Cyberzone2 @ Tuesday, Jul 2 2013, 22:00)

2014: Watch dogs in China

2015: Watch dogs attack of the C.A.T.S

2016: Watch dogs revelation

2017: Watch dogs II

2018 : Watch dogs brotherhood

2019:Watch dogs III

2020: Watch Dogs in space with LASERSZZZZ

2021: Watch dogs IV

2022:Watch dogs the legacy

2023: Watch dogs VI

your usertitle matches you perfectly.

UtricularEwe001
  • UtricularEwe001

I am a Pirate

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 July 2013 - 08:19 PM

Is Ubisoft is the next EA?

I have a gut feeling that Ubisoft is going to suffer massively in the next gen transition period. They are wasting lot of resources to put out yearly games and it's going to heavily backfire. Many people i know have already lost interest in Assassins creed series. I am pretty sure AC 4 is not even going sell more than 1.5 million copies.

They have not even released WD, yet they are talking about the next 10 years.

I wouldn't be surprised if in 5 years time, The games that are made by EA and Ubisoft will launch every six months.

josephene123
  • josephene123

No

• Members

Posted 02 July 2013 - 08:49 PM

QUOTE (UtricularEwe001 @ Tuesday, Jul 2 2013, 20:19)
I am pretty sure AC 4 is not even going sell more than 1.5 million copies.

I wouldn't be surprised if in 5 years time, The games that are made by EA and Ubisoft will launch every six months.

AC4 will sell more than double that. I wasn't even bothered by the annual releases it was more the fact that AC3 had no element of actually being an assassin and it had a boring story and character

Honestly I'm worried too. WD doesn't even look like a good game to me AT THE MOMENT let alone when they're releasing it almost annually which you suspect when it's Ubisoft.

Grand Theft Savage
  • Grand Theft Savage

'Bout that life

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 July 2013 - 12:43 AM

QUOTE (Erebos @ Tuesday, Jul 2 2013, 17:10)
Does he work for one the big gaming websites? If it was behind closed doors I doubt they'd let some random person in..

I doubt it. If so, it's never been brought up. I think his brother is the manager for a Best Buy, but I don't think that makes a difference.

Ferocious Banger
  • Ferocious Banger

Big Homie

• Members
  • India

Posted 04 July 2013 - 01:42 PM

https://twitter.com/...9779456/photo/1

What could this mean?

GTAfan786
  • GTAfan786

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 July 2013 - 01:52 PM

QUOTE (Ferocious Banger @ Thursday, Jul 4 2013, 13:42)
https://twitter.com/...9779456/photo/1

What could this mean?

It says it in front of you colgate.gif

They are celebrating the Independance day, just like any other gaming company.

GTAfan786
  • GTAfan786

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 July 2013 - 01:55 PM

QUOTE (UtricularEwe001 @ Tuesday, Jul 2 2013, 20:19)
Is Ubisoft is the next EA?

I have a gut feeling that Ubisoft is going to suffer massively in the next gen transition period. They are wasting lot of resources to put out yearly games and it's going to heavily backfire. Many people i know  have already lost interest in Assassins creed series. I am pretty sure AC 4 is not even going sell more than 1.5 million copies.

They definitely are retarded just like EA, why would you want to release a Watch Dogs series (new IP) and then milk the franchise just because people are liking it. I knew something like this was going to happen. I guess Watch Dogs is going to be dead in less than a year after it releases. I'm definitely buying this for PS3 of course, but this just made me lose ALL respect for them.

JBanton
  • JBanton

Mr. Nice-Guy...

• Members

Posted 05 July 2013 - 09:02 AM Edited by JBanton, 05 July 2013 - 09:05 AM.

That's not encouraging news coming from Ubisoft. I dearly hope that they're just planning on doing periodic DLC like they do with Gran Turismo 5 and then release a new title a few years down the line.

Except I'm quite certain that won't happen.

Also;

gta_fan28
  • gta_fan28

Boy Cute

• Members

Posted 05 July 2013 - 05:13 PM

I wonder how many discs on xbox 360 version? GTAV is confirmed to have a 2 discs and mandatory installation on Xbox 360 HDD.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 05 July 2013 - 05:30 PM

I doubt Watch Dogs will be even near on the Map Size or Scale of GTAV.

There will be no Countryside and stuff.. obviously as its about tech and hacking

Its 1 Disc. I would bet on it

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users